- The rapper launched the video last week.
- Streams of DMX‘s music increased by 928 per cent following his death last week at the age of 50.
The rapper, whose real name was Earl Simmons, passed away on Friday (April 9) after suffering a heart attack the previous week.READ MORE: RIP DMX: 10 of the rap legend’s best songs everStreams of DMX’s music spiked in the US in the days following his death, according to initial reports to MRC Data (via Billboard).
His songs racked up a collective total of 75.7 million on-d
Lady Gaga reacts to fan campaign pushing for Volume II of ‘Artpop’: “We always believed it was ahead of its time”Lady Gaga has responded to a fan campaign that pushed her 2013 album ‘Artpop’ up iTunes charts around the world, revealing that she “always believed it was ahead of its time”.
On April 13, #buyARTPOPoniTunes went viral on Twitter as fans of Gaga’s began campaigning for a ‘Act II’ to the album.
Subsequently, the album rose up iTunes charts globally, hitting Number Three in the US just after Taylor Swift‘s re-release of ‘Fearless’ and DMX
- Metal stalwarts Anthrax are on the cusp of their 40th anniversary together, and the band have promised fans “something big” for the occasion.
Anthrax was formed in New York City in July 1981 by Dan Lilker and Scott Ian, who remains the only original member still active in the band.
Speaking to eonmusic, current Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante revealed some details about how the band intend to mark the occasion.
“Well, we’re working on something big for June, maybe Ju
- AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson will publish his autobiography The Lives of Brian later this year.
The singer returned to the long-running band as lead vocalist for their November album ‘Power Up’, which was their first LP since 2014’s ‘Rock Or Bust’.READ MORE: AC/DC on their explosive comeback record ‘Power Up’: “This album is for Malcolm”Johnson is now turning his attention to the forthcoming release of his memoirs, with The Lives of Brian set
- Taylor Swift’s ambitious campaign to rerecord her studio albums should get an immediate result.
The first of Swift’s revisited sets, Fearless (Taylor’s Version) (EMI), is flying to No. 1 on the Official U.K. Albums Chart, with a lead of 11,000 chart sales at the midweek stage, the OCC reports.Fearless (Taylor’s Version) has banked the most sales and album streams so far, to lead the Official Chart Update. Should it hold its ground when the weekly chart is published this F
- M.I.A. has started a crowdfunding campaign in support of people affected by the recent volcanic eruptions on the island of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Last Friday (April 9), the La Soufrière volcano erupted, covering the island in ash and forcing more than 16,000 people to evacuate their homes. As the BBC reports, the volcano is expected to erupt again over the coming days.
M.I.A. announced the fundraiser on Instagram overnight, saying the island country “has been very close t
- You just know you got it when John Legend leaps out of his chair.
That happened during The Voice battles on Monday night, as Deion Warren and Victor Solomon powered through a gorgeous cover of Usher’s “U Got It Bad”.
The contestants found that studio sound with a smooth-as-silk rumble.
“So good,” Legend enthused as the performance wrapped up. He wasn’t wrong, as Nick Jonas remarked: “You’re both unbelievable. Your vocals are top notch. Each time on
- Snoop Dogg continues to mourn the loss of legendary rapper DMX, who passed away last week.
- Moby has said that in hindsight he wishes he'd never published his 2019 memoir, Then It Fell Apart, in which he exaggerated his connections with Natalie Portman and other famous figures.
- Every Time I Die have announced a nine-date tour of the UK for winter next year.
The New York rockers will hit the road with The Bronx, Jesus Piece and sanction, playing shows in major cities in January and February.
The quartet of heavy acts will kick off proceedings in Brighton before wrapping up in London nine days later.
Tickets are on sale from this Friday (April 16) at 9am, with full details listed below.View this post on InstagramA post shared by Every Time I Die (@everytimeidie)
- Streams of DMX’s catalog of songs increased 928% in the United States in the days following his death, according to initial reports to MRC Data. Collectively, his tracks garnered 75.7 million on-demand streams (audio and video combined) on April 9 and 10 – up 928% compared to the 7.36 million they earned on April 7 and 8.
DMX died on April 9 after experiencing a heart attack triggered by a drug overdose. He was 50 years old.
The late rapper’s top five most-streamed songs on Apr
- Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda joined New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday (April 12) at the grand opening of a Times Square COVID-19 vaccination site intended to jump-start the city’s entertainment industry.
“We want to gather again, and we want to tell stories in the dark,” said Miranda, the author and star of the hit musical about Alexander Hamilton. “We cannot do that if we don’t feel safe and if you don’t feel safe. So the first step in that
- Young Thug says his label, YSL Records, will release ‘Slime Language 2’ later this week, taking to social media to make the announcement.
The rapper — real name Jeffery Lamar Williams — had kept quiet about the compilation album’s release date since announcing it last year.
After teasing it for an August release last year, only to double back on those plans, Thug has revealed the follow-up to 2018’s ‘Slime Language’ will now drop on April 16.
- The family of DMX have cleared up some of the rumours that have emerged following the rapper’s death over the weekend, regarding fundraising for funeral costs and the sale of his masters.READ MORE: DMX, 1970 – 2021: hip-hop giant who shone brightest in the darknessOne of the more popular rumours that appeared online after news broke of DMX’s death was that Beyoncé and Jay-Z had purchased the rapper’s master recordings for $10million, planning to return them to his
- Music industry manager and television personality Sharon Osbourne is now facing more accusations after a heated discussion last month on The Talk. What started as a discussion about Piers Morgan — and ended with a heated exchange over race in general — has now dramatically altered the career of Sharon Osbourne. During the March 10th […]
The post Sharon Osbourne Cohost Sheryl Underwood Says She Suffered PTSD Following Heated ‘The Talk’ Debate appeared first on Digit
- YouTube is one of the only social-media platforms that managed to expand its market presence as a share of adult users in the United States between 2019 and 2021, according to a newly published survey from the Pew Research Center. Pew shed light upon this and other interesting social-media trends in a study entitled “Social […]
The post YouTube Is One of the Only Social Media Platforms to Show Growth Since 2019 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Songwriters of North America (SONA) will begin accepting applications for a new round of pandemic emergency grants on April 28, the organization has announced.
First launched in May 2020, the Songwriters Fund grew out of an effort by songwriter Autumn Rowe to raise money for her struggling peers. The official fund — which has given out over $400,000 in $1,000 emergency grants to date — was born after SONA came aboard to help create a larger, more structured operation. Initial do
- While many artists connected with their fans during quarantine with virtual concerts, Cultura Profetica sat back and waited for things to “go back to normal.”
“We could have done several concerts online and we held on for a bit with the expectation and hope that this would not stay that way for long,” vocalist Willie Rodriguez previously told Billboard.
Now, as people adapt to the new normal, so does the Puerto Rican reggae band, already performing two in-person shows sin
- The family of DMX (real name Earl Simmons) set the record straight about the alleged sale of the late rapper’s master recordings and his upcoming funeral in a new statement.
“There have been a few rumors following our loved one, Earl Simmons’, passing that we’d like to clear up,” his family said in a statement provided to Billboard. “No one has bought Earl’s masters. Additionally, we are not selling any merch or raising money for Earl
- Will Smith and director Antoine Fuqua have pulled production of their runaway slave drama Emancipation from Georgia over the state’s recently enacted law restricting voting access.
The film is the largest and most high-profile Hollywood production to depart the state since Georgia’s Republican-controlled state Legislature passed a law that introduced stiffer voter identification requirements for absentee balloting, limited drop boxes and gave the State Election Board new powers to in
- The Met Gala is coming back. Actually, twice.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art announced Monday (April 12) that the annual high-wattage celebration of both fashion and celebrity — canceled last year because of the pandemic — will return in person, first in September, then again in 2022 in its usual slot of the first Monday in May.The galas, a “more intimate” version Sept. 13 of this year and a larger one on May 2, 2022, will launch a two-part exhibition, a survey of Am
- After distributing $400,000 worth of one-time relief payments to songwriters, the SONA- and Sony Music Publishing-backed Songwriter Fund is officially preparing to reopen the application process. The quick-approaching third round of financial support from the Songwriter Fund, which initially began accepting aid applications in May of 2020 and provided compensation to a second round of […]
The post After Distributing $400,000 to Songwriters, the Songwriter Fund Is Reopening Applications ap
- Many artists, including quick-rising creators and established acts alike, have enjoyed substantial commercial success as a result of viral TikTok trends. But what’s the secret to blowing your music up on TikTok? Playlist Push cut its teeth on Spotify playlists, once the most important battleground for growing your music. But that was before TikTok exploded, […]
The post Want to Make Your Music Blow Up on TikTok? Here Are 8 Proven Tips appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Snoop Dogg paid tribute to his beloved friend and fellow rapper DMX, who died Friday, while stopping by the Today show.
Fans praised the Verzuz battle between Snoop and X last July as one of the last celebrations of the Ruff Ryder’s music and legacy. The West Coast MC posted several snippets of their battle over the weekend to commemorate their camaraderie. “Love u brother. C u when I get there,” Snoop wrote underneath one of the videos, while capt
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s no secret that Dua Lipa has an impeccable sense of style. The singer can truly make anything look good, and is often seen wearing the latest trends both onstage and in her day-to-day life.
Lately, she’s been rocking a nostalgic, early 2000s-inspired wardrobe, complete with crop tops, fuzzy accessories and lots and lots of glitter.
Good news is that
- Kanye West filed court papers Friday in Los Angeles County asking for joint custody of his four children with Kim Kardashian: North, 7; Saint, 5; Chicago, 3; and Psalm, 1.
The estranged couple appears to be on the same page regarding their children and on the reason for the breakdown of their marriage. Kardashian, who filed for divorce from West on Feb. 19, also requested both parents share both legal and physical custody of their children. Both cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for
- TORONTO — Venue owners in Ontario are losing patience with government officials in the province over new restrictions to slow COVID-19 that prohibit even livestream concerts in empty venues, while still allowing film and television productions to continue.
Ontario’s approximately 800 live music or music-reliant venues — 588 of which are in Toronto — have been receiving stop-and-go orders for over a year. They first shuttered last March when the pandemic hit, and then
- Luke Bryan has not yet confirmed if his upcoming May tour is still on schedule.
- via mtv.comOn Sunday (April 11), Phoebe Bridgers' highly-discussed Danelectro Dano '56 electric guitar sold for an incredible $101,500 at the LGBTQ+ advocacy organization GLAAD’s auction in support of the GLAAD Media Awards.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!