Lauren London honored her late partner Nipsey Hussle on Wednesday (March 31), on the second anniversary of the rapper’s fatal shooting.
She shared an old picture of Hussle (real name Ermias Asghedom) on her Instagram along with a short letter signed by “Your Boogie,” his nickname for his longtime girlfriend.
“The Day Of Ermias’ transition changed the course of my life forever. 2 years, and it feels like yesterday and eternity all at the same time. Grief and Hea
- In the latest episode of Billboard’s “Growing Up” series, Doja Cat explains the origin of her colorful, unique fashion sense while delving into her unconventional childhood and previewing her next album.
The singer and current Billboard cover star explains that both her mother and grandmother are painters, which is what likely inspired her striking visual style. “A lot of that inspired me to take up fashion and visual, experimental things,” she says, descr
- The 93rd Academy Awards are just days away, taking over Los Angeles’ Union Station and the star-studded night’s usual home, the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.
The Oscars will air on Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on ABC, ABC.com and the ABC app. Online viewers can watch ABC via fuboTV here and Sling TV here. The ceremony will also be available to stream on Hulu and YouTube TV.Netflix’s Mank leads the pack with 10 nominat
- Sony Music Publishing (SMP) promoted Ian Holder to svp of creative.
Since joining SMP in 2017, he has signed and developed prominent artists like Lil Tjay, Lil Durk and Jack Harlow amongst others.
“Ian is the reason I’m with Sony – he immediately made me feel at home,” said Harlow. “After I joined SMP, he continued to call me and not only connect me with new talent but check in on my mental state. I am grateful to call him a friend.”
In his new role,
- The 2021 Academy of Country Music Awards (which aired Sunday, April 18 on CBS) housed performances of more than 25 songs (heard in full or as part of medleys) from stars ranging from show co-host Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood to Miranda Lambert and Chris Stapleton.
In terms of streaming activity, some of the performed songs with the strongest gains following the show include Stapleton’s “Maggie’s Song,” Ashley McBryde’s “Martha Divine,” Kelsea Balleri
- On April 23, 2016, Tim McGraw’s “Humble and Kind” jumped from No. 4 to No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart. The song became the most recent of his 26 leaders on the list.
McGraw performed the ballad at the 51st Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 3, 2016, with a string section, recreating the uplifting vibe of the studio recording.
The song surged by 69% to 64,000 sold and 26% to 2.1 million U.S. streams in the tracking week ending April 7, according
- H.E.R. has shared a visualiser for her new single featuring Chris Brown, ‘Come Through’.READ MORE: The mysterious H.E.R. is the empowering and vulnerable voice that R&B needs right nowThe new track arrives on the back of H.E.R. winning two Grammys last month, as well as bagging an Oscar nomination for ‘Fight For You’, her Golden Globe-nominated contribution to Judas and the Black Messiah.
The ‘Damage’ singer and Brown toured together during the l
- Lil Nas X dropped the umpteenth brand extension of his “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” single on Friday (April 23), this time as a “but Lil Nas X makes all the sounds with his mouth” version.
The a cappella take on the rapper’s latest Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 single gets a Brady Bunch-style treatment in the colorful video for the tune, which kicks off with a shirtless X singing the song’s melody into a red telephone handset.
He’s soon joined by a chorus
- Finneas and Maggie Baird, Luis Fonsi, Jon Batiste, Tate McRae and Verzuz creators Swizz Beatz and Timbaland are among the stars who will help announce finalists for the 2021 Billboard Music Awards.
They’ll do the honors during Billboard Music Awards – The List Live, which will stream on Thursday (April 29). The show will be hosted by Access Hollywood’s Zuri Hall and comedian LaLa Milan.
Billboard Music Awards – The List Live will also feature appearances by Anitta, B
- Chicago quartet Beach Bunny, fronted by Lili Trifilio, was looking for an artist to feature on a new version of their joyful surf-pop song “Cloud 9.” Most of the names that their team floated didn’t feel right — except for one.
Trifilio, who had been a fan of Canadian duo Tegan and Sara since high school, was thrilled when they returned the call. “We just got lucky that you guys wanted to hop on, to be honest!” she says over Zoom.
The collab, which came togeth
- Shaed’s debut album High Dive, out May 14 via Photo Finish, has been a long time coming.
The trio (Chelsea Lee, Max and Spencer Ernst) technically formed in 2011 as The Walking Sticks, and changed their name to Shaed in 2016. A debut EP followed, and in 2018, their breakout hit “Trampoline” took them to new heights.
A MacBook Air ad placement led to unprecedented exposure for Shaed, who went on to tour worldwide both as a headliner and at festivals. Eventually, Zayn hopped on a
- Over the course of her career, K.Flay has made it clear that she’s not one to sit still. Constantly changing around her sound from indie rock, to rap, to art-pop and more, the 35-year-old artist has made a habit of changing things up.
Now, the singer-songwriter is kicking off a brand new era of her career with “Four Letter Words,” a rocked-out kiss-off to those who would take away from her accomplishments. The track, which comes with a a brilliantly-animated new video, serves a
- Forever No. 1 is a Billboard series that pays special tribute to the recently deceased artists who achieved the highest honor our charts have to offer — a Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 single — by taking an extended look back at the chart-topping songs that made them part of this exclusive club. Here, we honor the late Les McKeown with a look at his group the Bay City Rollers’ first and only Hot 100 No. 1, the timeless weekend anthem “Saturday Night.”
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Update: The collection launched on Friday (April 23) here.
Less than a year after Cardi B teamed up with Reebok for her Club C sneaker collaboration, the duo reunited this week (April 12) to announce a more expansive collection.
Cardi’s first-ever apparel collection will launch on April 23 in tandem with the release of new colorways of the Club C Cardi an
- The live business has a new champion: Bad Bunny. His 35-date North American El Último Tour del Mundo sold over 480,000 tickets at presale and more after for a total of $84 million in under a week after going on sale April 15, according to promoter Henry Cárdenas — Ticketmaster’s fastest-moving series of shows since Beyoncé and JAY-Z’s 2018 On the Run II Tour — kick-starting a concert business that has been closed for over a year.
- Green Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong has opened up about his biggest hits and misses in a new podcast series.READ MORE: The Big Read – Green Day: “We live our lives as if we have nothing”The new Audible Original series, Welcome To My Panic, arrived yesterday (April 22) and sees Armstrong opening up about his personal and professional life. Armstrong also re-imagines some Green Day classics on the series including ‘Basket Case,’ ‘Good Riddance (Time of Y
- AJ Tracey has returned to his childhood home to deliver his latest Fire In The Booth freestyle – scroll down the page to watch it now.
The London MC first made an appearance on Charlie Sloth’s freestyle series back in 2016 and again in 2017.READ MORE: AJ Tracey: “I’ve gone through so much. It’s been so hard, and I’m still here”For his third performance on the series, Tracey took the cameras back to where he grew up – the Ladbroke Grove ar
- Dominican newcomer La Ross Maria has signed with Sony Music México in a partnership with her record label 829Music Mundial LLC, Billboard has learned.
“Without a doubt, we believe that she is one of the artists to follow due to her great originality and sensibility,” Roberto López, president of Sony Music México, said in a statement. “She deserves all that she has accomplished in her short career, and now, with her joining the Sony Music family, we are sure
- via music-news.comJoe Jonas refuses to use the nickname because it's so "hurtful" to Frankie.
- via mtv.comThe Weeknd and Ariana Grande team up for a 'Save Your Tears' remix that includes a stylish animated video.
Princess Nokia on the freedom of modern pop culture: “It’s really special there’s less pressure for people of colour to fit into a mould”Princess Nokia has spoken about the boundary-less nature of modern pop culture and the liberating effect it can have on artists.
The New York rapper discussed the melding of different genres and subcultures – something she has long done in her music – with NME for this week’s Big Read cover story.READ MORE: Princess Nokia: “I have a very resourceful spirit – a survivor’s spirit”“I think it’s really special that there’s less pressur
- Billboard’s First Stream serves as a handy guide to this Friday’s most essential releases — the key music that everyone will be talking about today, and that will be dominating playlists this weekend and beyond.
This week, The Weeknd and Ariana Grande team up to make a big hit even more enormous, H.E.R. wants listeners to “Come Through,” and Moneybagg Yo keeps working his way to the top. Check out all of this week’s First Stream picks below:
The Weeknd feat. A
- Just as we are finally looking forward to seeing artists perform in front of audiences after more than a year of lockdown, an old legislative proposal that was considered and settled in California 20 years ago has been resurrected and threatens to upend investment in new artists. Using the name “FAIR Act,” its main proponents say that it rectifies an injustice regarding recording contracts and fairly benefits all artists, but in fact, it would deprive the next generation of needed in
- I am a Californian. My state has a proud history of standing up to big corporations and preventing them from abusing their power against individuals. One example of this is the Seven Year Statute, formally known as Labor Code 2855. With its roots in the 1800s, this law protected all Californians from being held hostage in protracted contracts with large companies. By limiting the length of any contract to a maximum of seven years, the Seven Year Statute shielded every individual — actors,
- Megan Fox celebrated her boyfriend Machine Gun Kelly’s 31st birthday on Thursday night (April 22) in style with a mirror selfie of the couple and the message, “Happy birthday blonde angel baby.”
MGK is, in fact, rocking tussled, flaxen hair in the snap, in which he’s holding up his phone to catch a smiling Fox.
The self-proclaimed “Blonde Don” posted his own series of bday pics with the caption, “I’ll grow up next summer… SINcerely, birthday
- Soon, we’ll be “dancing in a crowded room” once again, and The Weeknd and Ariana Grande’s new “Save Your Tears” remix, released Friday (April 23), is the perfect beacon of what’s on the horizon.
There were some galaxial moments too, as artists celebrated Earth Day with livestreams and charitable campaigns, while Doja Cat took us to Planet Her in a new Billboard cover story.
“All the goofy kids, or the kids who don’t put themselves on a
- The Harry Fox Agency, an organization that works with tens of thousands of clients to issue and secure licenses, might not look like the typical copyright defendant, but indeed the nearly century-old fixture within the music industry now finds itself stuck in a major copyright case involving Eminem’s publisher, Eight Mile Style, and Spotify.
On Thursday, a federal judge refused to dismiss a claim that HFA committed secondary copyright infringement by allegedly facilitat
- As the ongoing music industry boom puts labels under renewed pressure to make recording contracts more equitable and transparent, the next battle over creators’ rights will be fought in Sacramento, Calif., where artists, managers and their allies are lobbying to change the state’s “Seven-Year Statute.”
Enacted in 1937 after the judgment in actress Olivia de Havilland’s lawsuit against Warner Bros. Pictures, California Labor Code Section 2855 limits personal ser
- Cardi B has hit out at a politician who called out her Grammys performance in a series of new tweets.READ MORE: “It’s a cry out for justice”: on the scene at London’s Black Lives Matter protestCardi initially responded to tweet of a reporter who did a social media call out asking for people to get in touch with him if they had contacted their local congressman about the rapper.
“Smh! There’s People Dying,” Cardi tweeted, before sharing a video of Congres
- In 2019, Giveon, his producer, Sevn Thomas, and a friend entered a sports bar to watch the Toronto Raptors play the Milwaukee Bucks during the NBA playoffs. Upon arrival, their friend spotted a reminder of his ex-girlfriend, exactly one year after their split. The three were all going through breakups at the time, and after the game Giveon and Thomas decided to use that as inspiration in the studio. “That’s when the whole ‘Heartbreak Anniversary’ idea came about,&rdq
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!