Born out of a state of vulnerability, Cami’s Monstruo is a potent pop-rock album with profound and achingly personal lyrics that touch on heartbreak, lust and grief.
The bold album scored the emerging Chilean singer-songwriter her first Grammy nomination: Monstruo is up for best Latin rock or alternative album against Fito Paez’s La Conquista del Espacio, Lido Pimienta’s Miss Colombia, Cultura Profética’s Sobrevolando and Bajofondo’s Aura.
- PRS Foundation has announced the launch of Power Up, a new initiative designed to tackle anti-Black racism and disparities within the music industry.Read more: Trailblazers: the quietly influential Black artists who changed music foreverThe programme, which launched today (January 25), has been shaped by over 80 Black music professionals and aims to support 40 Black music creators and industry figures a year through grants and industry-wide support.
Power Up was set up and will be managed b
- System Of A Down have announced a charity livestream event during which they will premiere the music video for their recent single ‘Genocidal Humanoidz’.Read more: System Of A Down’s new anthems of rebellion are arena-ready calls for justiceSet to take place exclusively on the band’s official YouTube channel, all proceeds from the livestream will be used to rehabilitate and outfit soldiers who have lost arms and legs with life-changing prosthetic limbs in their ancestral
- Back in November, The Flaming Lips announced that they would perform “the world’s first space bubble concert,” complete with individual bubbles for attendees, in their native Oklahoma City. Now, following a roughly month-long delay, the unique gig has gone off without a hitch. Building upon the knowledge and logistical insight that they obtained by offering […]
The post The Flaming Lips’ COVID-Free ‘Space Bubble Concert’ Goes Off Without a Hitch appeare
- Today, global superstar Anitta has been unveiled as one of Glamour Magazine’s Self-Love Issue cover stars. In the accompanying interview
- Pioneering hip-hop label Big Dada will relaunch as a label run by and for Black, POC and Minority Ethnic staff and artists, it has been announced.Read more: How to support Black Lives Matter and anti-racist organisations if you can’t protestThe label was originally founded by hip-hop journalist Will Ashon in 1997. Ashon left the company in 2014.
The Ninja Tune imprint has released records from the likes of Wiley, Roots Manuva, Mercury Prize winners Speech Debelle and Young Fathers, Run The
- Lil Baby has shared a number of details about his time spent working with Kanye West in Wyoming last year.Read more: Lil Baby: “It’s not about the fame game – I’m more about real life”Last summer, West tweeted that Baby was his favourite rapper but added that he “won’t do a song with me”. A few days later the Atlanta rapper revealed that he was unaware that West wanted to collaborate with him.
“Nobody told me ye was trying to get me on a
- The Country Music Association has announced five new nonprofit recipients for its Music Industry COVID Support (MICS) initiative, including funds for organizations providing free musical instruments and health advocacy, plus a gratis grocery store launched by one of Nashville’s biggest stars.
MICS was launched in early 2020 at the dawn of the COVID-19 crisis with a $3 million commitment by the CMA, the country music trade org responsible for the annual CMA Awards. The initiative serves as
- Trey Songz was arrested for trespassing, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer.
- Lupillo Rivera has signed a record and management deal with regional Mexican indie label Z Records, Billboard can confirm.
“I’ve always had a high respect for George Prajin (Z Records CEO),” says Rivera. “I’ve worked with him and his family since the 90s. They are the ones that helped us launch our record label in Huntington Park in California and they were the only ones selling our music in their records stores. I said why not give him a chance. We’ve never h
FKA Twigs Says She Spoke Out About Alleged Shia LaBeouf Abuse Because It Was ‘Completely Unexpected’FKA Twigs elaborated on what she claims was an emotionally draining abusive relationship with ex-Shia LaBeouf in an interview with the podcast Grounded with Louis Theroux, uploaded on Monday (Jan. 25).
The singer filed a lawsuit against the actor in Los Angeles in December, alleging “relentless abuse” that included sexual battery, assault and emotional distress.
“It is something in society that’s a really big problem and it’s really common, but for some reason we do
- Alan McGee has said he thinks Liam Gallagher could sell out Knebworth on his own, 25 years after Oasis’ massive concerts at the venue.Read more: “Sofa, teapots, cheers!”; – Noel and Liam’s best stage banter from Oasis’ mammoth Knebworth showsThe Manchester band performed to 250,000 fans over two nights at the Hertfordshire venue in August 1996.
McGee – who signed Oasis to his label Creation Records, kickstarting their ascent to fame – is now
- Jon Bon Jovi has opened up on how Donald Trump allegedly orchestrated a shady smear campaign against him after the pair lodged rival bids to buy NFL side the Buffalo Bills.
The singer joined forces with Canadian investors to try and buy the team in 2014, outbidding another offer from Trump.
But he soon noticed that there was strong negative sentiment towards him in the area, with “Bon Jovi-free” zones being created amid rumours and he and his partners would move the team from Ne
- Trey Songz has been arrested for trespassing, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
The singer and rapper was allegedly at the centre of a physical altercation with a police officer while he attended an American football game between Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills on Sunday (24 January).
Footage of the altercation was obtained by TMZ, with Songz allegedly placing the officer in a headlock while they clashed at the Chiefs’ Arrowhead Stadium.
The latest inci
- Spotify on Monday (Jan. 25) released a small collection of exclusive audiobook recordings on its platform, a move that signals its interest in continuing to broaden its library of non-music programming.
The company is characterizing the release as one of many tests that it regularly runs to help it improve its user experience, but in success, the initiative could give it a roadmap for how to take on giants in the space, including Amazon-owned Audible.
The nine audiobooks that are now available o
- Tributes are pouring in for South Africa’s Oscar-nominated anti-apartheid jazz trombonist and composer Jonas Gwangwa, who has died at the age of 83. With driving music that fired up Black South Africans’ resistance to repressive white minority rule, Gwangwa left the country rather than submit to apartheid censorship. Other prominent exiled South African musicians included Hugh Masekela, Abdullah Ibrahim and Miriam Makeba.
“Jonas Gwangwa ascends to our great orchestra of musical
- Joe Rogan has denied speculation that Grimes gave Dave Chappelle coronavirus.
The musician was photographed with the comedians and her partner Elon Musk in Austin last week.Read more: Grimes – ‘Miss Anthropocene’ review: an iconoclast continues to march to the beat of her own drumDays later, Chappelle cancelled his planned shows with Rogan at the city’s Stubb’s venue after he tested positive for COVID-19. Grimes had previously shared on her Instagram story earl
- FKA Twigs has opened up about her past relationship with Shia LaBeouf, saying he made her “feel like the worst person ever”.
Last month (December 11), the musician filed a lawsuit against the actor, accusing him of “relentless abuse” during their former relationship, including sexual battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress.
LaBeouf responded to Twigs’ allegations, and those of another ex-girlfriend Karolyn Pho, at the time, saying that “many of
- The Foo Fighters will launch a limited-engagement channel on SiriusXM on Feb. 3, which will include an all-new live performance from the band at the SiriusXM Garage in Los Angeles on Feb. 5. “Foo Fighters Radio” (channel 105) will coincide with the Feb. 5 release of the band’s 10th studio album, Medicine at Midnight.
In addition to the Foo Fighters LIVE from the SiriusXM Garage gig (which airs at 5 p.m. ET and PT) that will be hosted by SiriusXM’s Kat Corbett an
- The 'Who I Am' hitmaker has been forced to push back her UK and Europe run, which was due to kick off in Lisbon, Portugal, on April 28, 2021
- Rihanna is heating things up in the latest countdown to Valentine’s Day in another new SavageXFenty teaser in which the singer raises a glass of champagne and shakes it in sexy black lace lingerie. “Cupid could NEVA!,” RihRih captioned the post, in which she sports a black bra, with matching gloves and a pair of booty shorts that lace up the back.
Dancing around with a glass of bubbly, the singer unties the back and shakes it at the camera with a satisfied look on her face and
Sabrina Carpenter Opens Up About Inspiration For ‘Skin’: ‘The Song Isn’t Calling Out One Single Person’After rampant speculation that her provocative new single, “Skin,” is a diss track aimed at a certain someone, Sabrina Carpenter revealed over the weekend that it was actually inspired by several different situations. “thank you to everyone who has listened to skin especially those who have opened their minds to lyrically what i was trying to get across,” wrote Carpenter in an Instagram post on Sunday night (Jan. 24) accompanied by a snap in which she’s laying down
- Philadelphia International Records (PIR) is bringing home the gold once more — this time in celebration of the legendary label’s 50th anniversary. Legacy Recordings, Sony Music Entertainment’s catalog division, and Warner Chappell Music, Warner Music Group’s global publishing division, are announcing the launch of a yearlong salute today (Jan. 25).
In addition to highlighting the label’s storied songs and artists, the celebration will involve exclusive partnerships,
- Billy Bragg has responded to the cancellation of Glastonbury 2021, calling it “a bit of a shock”.
The Somerset festival was cancelled for the second year in a row last week (January 21) because of the coronavirus pandemic.Read more: Why we need a year-long Glastonbury 2022Speaking on BBC Breakfast today (January 25), Bragg – a Glastonbury veteran and organiser of the Left Field stage – said: “I don’t think it was inevitable.”
- Campaigners have called on the government to ditch controversial efforts for a “Festival of Brexit” and use the money to fund coronavirus recovery efforts as the pandemic continues.
The 2022 event, which was first touted under Theresa May’s government, is described as a showcase for “the UK’s unique strengths in creativity and innovation” after leaving the European Union – with comparisons to the 1951 Festival of Britain.READ MORE: When Brexit is se
- The man behind the current TikTok sea shanty craze has quit his job as a postman after his single crashed into the Top 10.
Nathan Evans, 26, helped bring exposure to the craze on the social media app with his version of ‘Wellerman’.Read more: Shiver me TikToks! The best barnacle-busting sea shantiesThe track was a cover of The Longest Johns’ version of the 19th-century sea shanty ‘Soon May The Wellerman Come’. The Bristol band’s version also went viral on TikT
- Sam Smith has reportedly turned to Tinder after not having much luck on celebrity dating app Raya.
- Lorde's former manager Scott Maclachlan has been fired by Warner Music Group in Australia after an investigation into sexual harassment claims.
- FKA Twigs has revealed more about her allegedly abusive relationship with Shia LaBeouf, claiming she was banned from making eye contact with any other men.
- Sam Smith has reportedly turned to Tinder after not having much luck on celebrity dating app Raya.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!