On the release day of her third studio album KG0516, Karol G dropped the focus track “El Makinon” alongside Mariah Angeliq.
The infectious head-bopping, hip-swaying reggaetón song, produced by Neo, is about breaking all the rules with the girls. “Makinon,” slang for a big machine, tells the story of a girl who’s been independent since she was 16 years old — and now that she’s older, she can still depend on herself.
“El Makinon” debuted
- via music-news.comLuke Bryan scooped the coveted Entertainer of the Year award at the 2021 Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards on Sunday (18.04.21), the third time he has won the prestigious prize.
- via music-news.comDan + Shay have addressed the technical issues they had during their ACM Awards performance.
Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider brands Iced Earth’s Jon Schaffer an “embarrassment to metal” after role in US Capitol riotsTwisted Sister‘s Dee Snider has branded Iced Earth‘s Jon Schaffer a “piece of shit” and “embarrassment to the metal community” after his role in the US Capitol riot.
The metal guitarist was part of the mob that stormed the building on January 6, and pleaded guilty to his role in the violent scenes last week.
He admitted admitted to the obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a building with a dangerous weapon (carrying bear spray). CNN reports
- South by Southwest has struck a deal with P-MRC, a joint venture between Penske Media Corporation and MRC that includes publishing brands such as Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter, that will make P-MRC a long-term partner and stakeholder in the festival, the companies announced in a joint release Sunday night (April 18).
South by Southwest has struck a deal with P-MRC, a joint venture between Penske Media Corporation and MRC that includes publishing brands such as The Hollywood Reporter,
- The 56th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards broke ground in more ways than one. Held on Sunday (April 18), the ceremony was primarily broadcast from three iconic Nashville music spots: the Grand Ole Opry House, Ryman Auditorium and the Bluebird Café, in order to inventively adhere to social distancing protocols.
Throughout the night, the ACMs also demonstrated The Academy’s efforts in leading the country music community in a more racially tolerant and inclusive direction. Given
- Sunday night (April 18), the 56th annual Academy of Country Music Awards handed out a few awards, including to an absent Luke Bryan, who snagged his first entertainer of the year trophy since 2015, on a show that featured more than 20 performances from some of country’s top names. Collaborations ruled the night with pairings—some likely and some surprising—providing some stellar musical moments.
Here are some of the top performances from the evening.
Carrie Underwood Takes Us T
- K-pop boyband Highlight have released the first teaser for their upcoming mini-album, ‘The Blowing’.READ MORE: NU’EST drop stunning trailer for second studio album, ‘Romanticize’Dubbed a “comeback trailer”, the cryptic teaser captures the four-member boyband – comprising Yoon Doo-Joon, Yang Yo-seop, Lee Ki-Kwang and Son Dong-Woon – sitting around a table that features a small sailboat in the middle.On April 16 Midnight KST, Highlight un
- Neo-soul artist Biig Piig has shared her first taste of solo music this year in the form of sultry new single ‘Lavender’.READ MORE: Biig Piig: Unfiltered, empowering anthems from Irish star’s genre-busting new eraThe track is just as smooth and pulsing as previous releases ‘Feels Right‘ and ‘Oh No‘, but opts for a darker, more sensual sonic palette this time around. Here, Biig Piig – real name Jess Smyth – lets a brooding guitar line tak
- Rina Sawayama has given fans an update on the progress of her second album, following the one year anniversary of her debut ‘SAWAYAMA’.
READ MORE: Rina Sawayama – ‘SAWAYAMA’ review: deeply personal self-portrait lays waste to genre constraints
Taking to Twitter, Sawayama revealed that work on the follow-up to her debut, which is yet to have a known title, has already begun with producer Clarence Clarity.
“I’ve already started album 2 with @clarenceclarit
- ENHYPEN have released snippets of their upcoming mini-album, ‘Border : Carnival’.READ MORE: Big Hit’s new ventures might just reshape the music industry worldwide – and for the betterIn a brand-new preview video, the K-pop idols tease all six songs from their forthcoming project. Besides snippets of ‘Border : Carnival’, the teaser also features behind-the-scenes footage from a recent photoshoot.The boyband revealed the tracklist for the forthcoming project on
- Taylor Swift reigns over the Official U.K. Albums Chart with Fearless (Taylor’s Version) (EMI), and in doing so sweeps aside a record set by The Beatles.
Fearless (Taylor’s Version), the first in Swift’s campaign to rerecord all her studio albums, blasts to No. 1 on the Official U.K. Chart, her third leader in less than a year.
For the latest cycle, Fearless (Taylor’s Version) snags more than 21,000 chart sales to give the U.S. pop superstar her seventh U.K. No. 1 album,
- The top awards were widely dispersed at the 2021 ACM Awards, which aired on CBS on Sunday (April 18). Luke Bryan won entertainer of the year for the third time. Chris Stapleton took album of the year for the third time, “I Hope You’re Happy Now” by Carly Pearce and Lee Brice won single of the year and Maren Morris’ “The Bones” took song of the year.
Here are some key records set at 56th annual ACM Awards.
Bryan won entertainer of the year, an award he previous
- After previously performing “I’m Not For Everybody” earlier in the night at the 2021 ACM Awards (April 18), Brothers Osborne placed a bow on the evening with an electric version of “Dead’s Man Curve.”
Following Luke Bryan’s acceptance speech for Entertainer of the Year, Brothers Osborne dominated the Ryman Auditorium once more with a soaring performance of their 2020 Skeletons standout single.
Before the ACMs, in a new interview with CBS
Little Big Town, Minus One Member, Hits the Nashville Streets For ‘Wine, Beer, Whiskey’ at the 2021 ACM AwardsAssisted by a backing marching band — and down one usual member — Little Big Town performed their 2020 hit “Wine, Beer, Whiskey” outdoors in downtown Nashville at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (April 18).
One of the quartet’s founding members, Phillip Sweet, introduced the performance by explaining that he would not be joining, as he had recently tested positive for COVID-19. In good spirits and “on [his] way to a full recovery,” Sweet wished for a
- "I'm always speaking my mind when I'm better off biting my tongue," the brothers sing in a track off the 2020 album Skeletons
- From Album of the Year to the night's top prize, Entertainer of the Year
- Kelsea Ballerini and Kenny Chesney put on a sweet and sincere performance of “Half of My Hometown” at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18).
Seated on stools, the pair hit every note of the nostalgia-inducing ballad, which appears on Ballerini’s 2020 album Kelsea. Ballerini and Chesney’s ACMs performance served as the single’s live debut.
“Half of my hometown’s still hangin’ around/ Still talkin’ about that one touchdown/ They’re sti
- After hours of hosting, Keith Urban finally grabbed his guitar and stormed the stage of the Grand Ole Opry House at the 2021 ACM Awards for a rollicking performance of his single “Tumbleweed.”
In a bit of banter before starting off the song, Urban’s co-host Mickey Guyton jokingly yelled at Urban for abandoning her in order to sing his song. “So you’re leaving me right now? Keith freaking Urban!” she exclaimed, giggling.Urban brought out the upbeat, rocked-out
- Six months after delivering their acclaimed third studio album Skeletons, Brothers Osborne brought of its brightest gems, “I’m Not For Everyone,” to the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (Apr. 18).
Backed by a six-piece band, T.J. and John Osborne rocked the Ryman Auditorium during an ACMs ceremony that bounced around Nashville. Their rendition of “I’m Not For Everyone” was no-frills and sumptuous, with T.J. swaggering through the first verse and his brother sco
- Mickey Guyton did double duty on Sunday (April 18). Not only did the country singer host the 56th annual ACM Awards, but she also performed during the three-hour telecast.
For her performance, Guyton offered up her song of hope, “Hold On,” which was included on the soundtrack of the faith-based film Breakthrough. “I wrote this next song as a prayer when faced with pain and uncertainty,” she said before she began. “I hope it inspires you to hold on.”
- On Sunday night (April 18), Blake Shelton turned back the hands of time and revisited a classic from his acclaimed catalog. Not only did he perform his 20-year-old hit “Austin,” but he also gifted fans his new record “Minimum Wage.”
Backed by his band, Shelton kicked off his two-song medley with his first-ever debut single. Released in 2001, “Austin” zoomed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, where he reigned supreme for fiv
- PSA encouraging vaccination is part of the "It's Up to You" campaign and debuted during the 56th ACM Awards
- It was a big Sunday (April 18) night for Carly Pearce and Lee Brice at the 2021 ACM Awards. Not only did Pearce and Brice nab the awards for single of the year and music event of the year thanks to their smash collab “I Hope You’re Happy Now,” but the two hit the stage for a harmonious, impassioned performance of the Country Airplay No. 1 hit.With a constellation of red lights behind them, Pearce and Brice were all ecstatic smiles as they performed a victory lap of the award-wi
- Alan Jackson delivered a powerful sunrise, sunset moment at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (April 18) when he spanned a lifetime’s worth of parent-child memories with a two-song medley of “Drive” and “You’ll Always Be My Baby.”
The Country Music Hall of Famer began his performance with his 2002 No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart, “Drive (For Daddy Gene).” While that song was dedicated to Jackson’s late father Eugene, t
- Ashley McBryde made a splash at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), performing her 2020 single “Martha Divine” on a floating stage.
The country star and her band lit up the Cumberland River as they rocked out to the track, which starts out with an affair and ends with a murder. “You’re bound for Hell/ But evidently the Devil’s busy/ So I moved you up in line/ Martha Divine,” McBryde sang, smirking at the camera during the more ominous lyrics.
Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram & Jon Randall Offer a Quiet Taste of ‘The Marfa Tapes’ at the 2021 ACM AwardsFor Miranda Lambert’s third — yes, third — performance at the ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), she was joined on the Nashville stage by Jack Ingram and John Randall.
The trio performed “In His Arms,” the first song from their upcoming 15-track album, The Marfa Tapes, which is due out May 7. The artists sat on stools as they performed, accompanied only by their acoustic guitars for a quiet set.
“I’ve been a rolling stone, a tumbleweed/ Waiting for the rig
- Jimmie Allen thought he was going to be performing solo at Sunday night’s ACM Awards (April 18). Lucky for him, and for us, Brad Paisley had a surprise in store.
Just before Allen’s performance, Paisley appeared on screen to let fans know that he was going to jump in on the singer’s moment.”My duet partner Jimmie Allen … is about to sing our new duet ‘Freedom Was A Highway,’ but he thinks I’m out of town,” he said, smiling. “So I have
- Country legend Kenny Chesney brought an understated charm to the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (Apr. 18), opting to forgo his stadium rockers for the subtle romance of “Knowing You,” which led directly into an In Memoriam segment during the Nashville-based telecast.
With smoke emanating from the stage and a six-piece band backing him, Chesney donned his black cowboy hat and crooned in front of clips meant to evoke passionate memories. The performance of “Knowing You,” a
- Luke Combs brought the class to the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), busting out a dark jacket and a ton of socially distanced orchestral players to lend some classical elegance to his current single “Forever After All.” The mixture of his vocal grit, masterful control and the orchestral flair made for a beautiful musical marriage — and demonstrated the song’s extreme wedding day soundtrack potential.A Hot Country Songs No. 1, “Forever After All” was insp
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!