Thanks to sale-pricing on iTunes, several classic hits surge on Billboard’s Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart and other surveys dated April 10.
During the latest sales tracking period (March 25-April 1), iTunes listed on its front page a category dubbed “69 Cent Rock Hits,” and the placement drew sizable sales gains for many of its featured songs. The latest special follows recent iTunes 69-cent deals for pop and R&B/hip-hop hits.
In all, 12 titles from the 1970s-
- Staind frontman and notable conservative Aaron Lewis has controversially rallied against Bruce Springsteen and the removal of historical statues in a bizarre new track called ‘Am I the Only One’.
Lewis, who has fronted the Massachusetts band since 1996, performed the track at a solo show in Texas on March 12th after it became one of the first states to drop all COVID-19 restrictions.
Footage obtained by Blabbermouth sees Lewis criticising Springsteen as he sings: “Am I the only
- Jai Paul has marked the 10th anniversary of his single ‘BTSTU’ with what appears to be a new track, ‘Super Salamander’, hosted on a website that recreates his old MySpace page.READ MORE: Lost albums of the 2010s – what became of the albums we were promised but that never arrived?The British producer, who’d returned in 2019 with new music after a seven-year period of silence, took to social media on April 21 to mark the 10th anniversary of ‘BTSTU’.
- Alanis Morissette doesn’t need much to give us all a glow up. The iconic Canadian singer returned to late night TV on Tuesday night (April 20) for a performance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Rocking blonde hair and zooming it in from the studio, Morissette shared a tender performance of her new song “I Miss The Band.” Just vocals, piano and absolutely nothing else needed.The song officially dropped last week and is a fundraiser for Backline, a not-for-profit organi
- Miley Cyrus has teased a forthcoming remix of The Kid LAROI’s 2020 single ‘Without You’.
Cyrus shared a video of herself on Instagram overnight singing a verse from the song, with a range of articles reporting on the singer’s romantic life featured in the background. At the end, Cyrus also kisses musician and TikTok creator King Moxu.
Watch the clip below:View this post on InstagramA post shared by Miley Cyrus (@mileycyrus)
READ MORE: The Kid LAROI – ‘F*CK LOV
- Boy George has teased the cast of his forthcoming biopic Karma Chameleon in a new video.
Following the success of such biopics as Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody, the Karma Chameleon project was first announced in 2019, though it was untitled at that time.READ MORE: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Boy GeorgeThe film will share the story of Boy George’s beginnings in an Irish working-class family through to his rise to stardom in the 1980s with Culture Club alongsid
- Boy George has given an update on his forthcoming biopic Karma Chameleon and its casting in a new video, and called for actors around the world to audition to play him in the film.
Following the success of such biopics as Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody, the Karma Chameleon project was first announced in 2019, though it was untitled at that time.READ MORE: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Boy GeorgeThe film will share the story of Boy George’s beginnings in an Irish
- Less than two weeks after announcing that Electric Daisy Carnival would be held in May, the Las Vegas dance mega-festival has been postponed to October.
On Tuesday night (April 20), Insomniac’s Founder and CEO Pasquale Rotella released a statement saying that the festival, scheduled to happen May 21-23 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, is not able to proceed due to new coronavirus protocols in Clark County, where Las Vegas is located.
Throughout the U.S. touring industry, EDC Vegas was bein
- Is Joe Rogan losing relevance following his exclusive podcast deal with Spotify? That’s been a difficult question to answer, though Google search traffic data now indicates a serious drop in broader interest since the deal began. Joe Rogan reportedly received a handsome $100 million payout for inking his exclusive podcast deal with Spotify. But that […]
The post Joe Rogan Search Traffic Has Dropped 40% Since His Spotify Exclusive Began appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Jim Steinman’s talents as a lyricist should be remembered among the all-time greats.
That’s praise coming from Air Supply, the Australian soft-rock act who ruled the sales charts in the early ‘80s with a string of hits, including 1983’s “Making Love Out of Nothing at All,” which the duo recorded with Steinman.
Air Supply’s Graham Russell turned to social media for a remembrance to Steinman, who passed away Tuesday (April 20), aged 73.“Today we lost
- via music-news.comTom Jones has admitted there's no shame in using Viagra.
- via music-news.comOlivia Rodrigo has gushed over the talent of Cardi B.
- Waka Flocka Flame has accepted a lifetime achievement award from Donald Trump, reportedly signed in 2020 before he was voted out of the White House.
In a video obtained by TMZ, Waka receives the award in the form of a presidential medal and certificate from his pastor and mentor Apostle Dr. Bridget C. Outlaw. The honour was given to the rapper for philanthropy and his work volunteering with Chicago non-profit Daughter of Destiny Outreach.The charity provides support to homeless women whose lives
- The streaming music economy massively favors recorded music rights holders over publishers. A new report highlights just how imbalanced this revenue structure is for songwriters. Called “Rebalancing the Song Economy,” this 35-page report by industry analysts Mark Mulligan and Keith Jopling paints a stark picture. It proposes some solutions to how songwriters can earn more […]
The post Songwriters Royalties Are Drastically Short-Changed, Says New Report appeared first on Digita
- The streaming music economy massively favors recorded music rights holders over publishers. A new report highlights just how imbalanced this revenue structure is for songwriters. The 35-page report, called “Rebalancing the Song Economy,” paints a stark picture for songwriters trying to survive the streaming era. It proposes some solutions on how songwriters can earn more […]
The post Songwriters Are Getting Drastically Short-Changed In the Streaming Economy, New Study Confirms
- This year’s 4/20 holiday proved to be the ultimate celebration for not only marijuana enthusiasts but America as a whole. After disgraced ex-police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of all charges for the murder of George Floyd earlier today (April 20), tweets of joy and relief permeated social media.
Many celebrated gleefully by shifting their attention to tonight’s Verzuz match-up between Redman and Method Man. Instead of following the traditional battle format, the
Rolling Loud 2021 Is Definitely Happening In July – Lineup Includes Post Malone, Travis Scott, A$AP RockyRolling Loud 2021 is happening in Miami as Florida opens up – full line-up revealed below. Last year’s event was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This year will feature the same previously scheduled headliners (A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott, and Post Malone) as well as other top billings. Rolling Loud 2021 Line-Up for Miami this […]
The post Rolling Loud 2021 Is Definitely Happening In July – Lineup Includes Post Malone, Travis Scott, A$AP Rocky appeared first on D
- Meat Loaf has remembered his “brother” and long-time collaborator Jim Steinman, the late Grammy-winning composer and lyricist.
With Meat Loaf the voice and presence and Steinman the creative mastermind, the pair would become one of rock music’s most powerful partnerships through the ‘70s and beyond.
Steinman, who passed away Tuesday (April 20), aged 73, was composer on Meat Loaf’s rock-opera juggernaut Bat Out Of Hell, which yielded the classics “You Took the
- Last year saw a windfall of chart-topping all-female collabs, and 2021 is looking like another blockbuster year for ladies linking up.
Four all-female collaborations went to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2020 — Cardi B’s “WAP,” featuring Megan Thee Stallion; Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s “Rain On Me”; Doja Cat’s “Say So” remix, featuring Nicki Minaj; and Megan Thee Stallion’s “Savage” remix with Beyoncé &mda
- After the death of rock songwriter and producer Jim Steinman at age 73 on Tuesday (April 20), two of the women behind some of his biggest hits — Celine Dion and Bonnie Tyler — are remembering their collaborator fondly.
Dion recorded the Steinman-penned song “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” as the lead single for her 1996 album Falling for You, and the power ballad reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. In addition to writing the song, Steinman also co-produced it f
- If there were a Triple Crown for songwriting for films, it would consist of the Oscar, Golden Globe and Grammy. Sixteen songs have won all three of these awards in songwriting categories. With the 93rd annual Academy Awards set for Sunday (April 25), it’s a good time to look back at the most lauded film songs of the past six decades.
Barbra Streisand, Peabo Bryson and Celine Dion have each introduced two Triple Crown winners. Alan Menken has co-written four of them, more than any other son
- Grammy-nominated rock and soul duo Black Pumas and Cleveland’s own Machine Gun Kelly will perform at next week’s NFL draft in Cleveland.
The league announced its musical acts for the second and third days of the draft, which is back on the road after being all virtual last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A massive stage has been constructed near FirstEnergy Stadium and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to host the three-day event from April 29 to May 1.Black Pumas will perform
- LONDON — Some of the biggest names in music are backing a campaign for artists, songwriters and performers to receive a bigger share of streaming royalties from platforms like Spotify and Apple Music — as well as closer scrutiny of the major labels’ hold on the market.
Paul McCartney, Chris Martin, Annie Lennox, Robert Plant and The Who’s Roger Daltrey are among 150 artists who have signed a letter to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson calling for a change in U.K. copyr
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Clive Davis announced in January that he would be dividing his iconic pre-Grammy Awards bash into two separate virtual productions, one scheduled for Jan. 30 and the other for March 13 on the eve of the telecast. The first event hosted more than 2,000 guests, including Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Sean Combs, Jamie Foxx, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson and John Legend while raising money for MusiCares.
The March benefit got postponed in February when Da
- Rocker Ted Nugent is revealing he was in agony after testing positive for coronavirus — months after he said the virus was “not a real pandemic.”
“I thought I was dying,” Nugent says in a Facebook Live video posted Monday. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days,” adding: “So I was officially tested positive for COVID-19 today.”
In the video shot at his Michigan ranch, the “Cat Scratch Fever” singer repeatedly
- On the third anniversary of Avicii’s death, Aloe Blacc hosted his annual celebration of his late friend and collaborator.
Streaming on Instagram Live earlier Tuesday (April 20), the hourlong program focused largely on Blacc’s unreleased Avicii collaborations, with Blacc also welcoming a cadre of other former Avicii collaborators including Dan Tyminski, the vocalist on 2013’s “Hey Brother,” and Sandro Cavazza, the vocalist on 2017’s “Without You.”
- Music licensing and distribution platform Songtradr has acquired Pretzel, which offers creators on Twitch, YouTube, and other services access to a pre-cleared, “DMCA-safe” music library for livestreams. Songtradr unveiled the buyout – one of several purchases it’s made since raising $30 million in a July of 2020 Series C – today, via a formal release […]
The post Songtradr Acquires Livestream Music Licensing Platform Pretzel appeared first on Digital Music Ne
- Bad Bunny and Rosalía’s team-up “La Noche De Anoche” reaches new heights on Billboard’s Latin Airplay chart as it hits No. 1 in its 11th week. The collaboration, which debuted at No. 47 on the chart dated Feb. 13, rises 4-1 on the April 24-dated survey.
“La Noche” pushes up the chart, after four weeks in the top 10, boosted by a 23% gain in audience impressions, to 10.8 million, generated in the week ending April 18, according to MRC Data.
- Harry Styles, Lizzo and The 1975 are among the nominees for this year’s British LGBT Awards.READ MORE: Sam Smith – ‘Love Goes’ review: pop balladeer leans even further into heartbreak than beforeThe annual awards, which are voted on by the public, celebrate personalities from across charity, the media and business who have helped to advance the rights and lives of LGBT+ people.
Those nominated in the music category include Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Sam Smith, MNEK, and
- Björn Ulvaeus has ruled out any upcoming ABBA biopics in the near future.READ MORE: ABBA are the best band in the world – no contestDespite the success of biopics like Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody and Elton John’s Rocketman, Ulvaeus has vetoed the chances of an ABBA biopic appearing any time soon.
Speaking to BBC Breakfast, Ulvaeus said: “I don’t think we would want that actually, I certainly know myself I wouldn’t want an actor
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!