With other awards shows having suffered record-low viewership amid a pandemic-prompted pivot to virtual, the iHeartRadio Music Awards will feature an in-person crowd – a move that iHeartMedia’s John Sykes believes could improve ratings. Most every awards show sustained a double-digit viewership hit in 2020, including a 55 percent year-over-year audience falloff for the Billboard […]
The post iHeart’s John Sykes Points to a “Huge Drop In Audience” for Virtual
- W With a valuation greater than $40 billion, UMG is easily the biggest record label and music company in the world. But who exactly who owns Universal Music Group? The answer to that question keeps changing — here’s the latest, most up-to-date breakdown. Over the weekend, we first reported that special acquisition company (SPAC) Pershing […]
The post Who Owns Universal Music Group? Here’s the Latest Detailed Breakdown appeared first on Digital Music News.
Fitness Apps Are Using Indie Music to Revolutionize Workouts – With Additional Growth and Licensing Opportunities ForthcomingAs exercisers traded their gym memberships for at-home workout solutions during the pandemic, the fitness sector experienced unprecedented growth and far-reaching changes. Perhaps the most noteworthy of these changes, however, was the industry-wide embrace of music – and the associated career opportunities for creators. U.S. health club revenues suffered a 58 percent year-over-year dip in […]
The post Fitness Apps Are Using Indie Music to Revolutionize Workouts – With Ad
- "The Horse is back in the barn now,” Young wrote to fans, "shaking off the rust”
- The Jonas Brothers are getting in the Olympic spirit ahead of this year's delayed games.
- BTS are still storming the global pop charts.
- Tame Impala have begun hinting at something for September with the release of a cryptic teaser video advertising a fake drug called Rushium.
Released today (June 22), the minute-long clip is stacked with trippy and abstract imagery: sprawling sand dunes, metallic liquid flowing and contorting, and a kaleidoscopic mashup of a brain and electrical cords.
Among it all, we see snippets of Kevin Parker working in a laboratory and looking ominously at a vial of his medical concoction, holding it close
- Roc-A-Fella Records has officially filed a lawsuit against co-founder Damon Dash, who is allegedly attempting to cash out of a stake in Jay-Z’s debut studio album, Reasonable Doubt – despite having “no right to sell the album or any rights to it,” according to the plaintiff. Roc-A-Fella Records, which Jay-Z, Dash, and one Kareem Burke […]
The post Jay-Z’s Roc-A-Fella Sues Co-Founder Damon Dash Over ‘Reasonable Doubt’ NFT Auction Plans appeared fir
- Korn bassist Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu took to Facebook on Monday to let fans know he’s taking a break from the band to work on some “bad habits.”
In a letter addressed “To all Korn fans worldwide,” Fieldy said he was asked to “take some time off to heal” and said he’s going to “respect what was asked of me and take that time.”
“The past 6 years I’ve been dealing with some personal issues that at times have caused
- It’s official! Taylor Swift’s Red is the next re-recording she will be releasing. The superstar announced on Friday (June 18) that Red (Taylor’s Version) will be arriving on November 19.
Alongside the social media caption that gave a peek into her “land of heartbreak” album, the star shared the 2021 cover art, in which she’s seen in an autumnal scene wearing a burgundy-colored fisherman’s cap and a beige peacoat.
The next album that I’ll
- Soda Stereo’s long-awaited Gracias Totales tour — which kicked off Feb. 29, 2020, in Colombia but was postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak — has unveiled its new dates for the U.S., Billboard has learned.
Part tribute to the rock band’s late frontman Gustavo Cerati and part reunion of the band’s surviving members Zeta Bosio and Charly Alberti, the tour will resume on Feb. 27, 2022, at Miami’s FTX Arena (formerly American Airlines Arena) and on March 3 at
- Billboard Japan and TikTok’s weekly hybrid program Next Fire presented a four-hour special June 12, featuring performances by some of today’s hottest rising J-pop acts — Awesome City Club, sui, Hitsujibungaku, Faky, Hentai Shinshi Club and Mom — streamed live from Billboard Live Yokohama.
Since launching in October, Next Fire has focused on a different breaking act each month, based on Billboard Japan’s Japan Heatseekers Songs chart. The four-hour special showcased
- Courteeners have announced they’ll be performing a concert at Scarborough Open Air Theatre set to take place later this year.READ MORE: Manchester, united – the story of Courteeners’ last massive Old Trafford gigThe Manchester band will play the 8,000-capacity North Yorkshire venue on September 8, with support coming from The Coral.
The show will precede two huge shows Courteeners have planned for later in the same month: Glasgow’s TRNSMT Festival on September 10, an
- Only one AirPod not working in your set of earbuds? Here’s a quick guide to diagnose and fix the problem. Occasionally only the left or right AirPod earbud will stop working. Sometimes the problem is the connection, but it might be caused by a hardware default. There are a couple of things you can try […]
The post One AirPod Not Working? How to Diagnose and Fix the Issue appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Another Monday, another round-up of the freshest picks of the week.
From smooth, ethereal R&B to bouncy, emotional trap, this list is bound to include a track suitable for every moment of the next seven days. This week, listen to the sounds of NAO, Joy Crookes, NLE Choppa and more — and fon’t forget to share the wealth with our Spotify playlist, linked below.
G.T., “Aladdin”G.T. is Detroit through and through. The Eastside rapper’s accent shines through his musi
- Fans of Final Fantasy XIV were treated to two days packed with virtual entertainment at this year’s Digital Fan Festival 2021 – Around the World on May 15 and 16.
Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV Online went live in 2013 and continues to bring joy and excitement to gamers everywhere, with accounts in five regions — Japan, North America, Europe, China and Korea — surpassing 22 million players worldwide, including the free trial versions.
The FFXIV Fan Festival, w
- Rapper rails against low streaming royalty rates while discussing the long-awaited album with bandmate Talib Kweli
Latin Pride: Enrique Santos Feels a ‘Great Responsibility’ as First Openly Gay On-Air Host in Spanish RadioAs president, COO and radio host of iHeartLatino, Enrique Santos — known as the first openly gay Spanish-language radio on-air personality — has helped propel the careers of many of today’s biggest names in Latin music. Throughout the years, he’s also earned the respect of industry peers by breaking the stereotypical Latino macho mentality.
“Your orientation does not determine your character, and even my harshest critics and audience that are not LGBTQ+ have grown t
- BMG has inked a major licensing deal with the Roblox company, resolving prior claims on BMG-controlled music. Roblox finds itself the subject of several music licensing lawsuits, but at least BMG is no longer breathing down its neck. A consortium of music publishers in the US, led by the National Music Publishers Association, has sued […]
The post BMG Buries the Hatchet With Roblox, Inks Major Licensing Partnership appeared first on Digital Music News.
- The Strokes have previewed a new song called ‘Starting Again’ in a commercial for New York mayoral candidate Maya Wiley.READ MORE: The Strokes – ‘The New Abnormal’ review: proof that they’re still the best riff-makers aroundThe band have been very vocal about their support for Wiley, who is attempting to become New York’s first woman mayor. In May, they performed a benefit livestream, and then an in-person concert for Wiley earlier this mo
- As part of a lawsuit against Russian stream ripper FLVTO.biz, major labels are seeking logs of users. Popular YouTube rippers FLVTO.biz and 2conv.com were sued in 2018 for allowing users to rip .mp3s from YouTube streams. Universal, Warner, and Sony banded together to launch a copyright infringement case against the two sites – hoping for […]
The post Major Labels Demand Data Logs from Russian Stream-Ripper FLVTO.biz appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Warner Music Group is set to release nine memorable film scores on vinyl this year, including Space Jam, Jackie Brown and more.READ MORE: ‘Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood’ film review – Tarantino’s most satisfying work in decadesA number of acclaimed blockbusters will see their scores pressed onto vinyl in a new series, including three Quentin Tarantino films, due for reissues on September 3 and 17.
The original Space Jam film will receive a spec
- BTS’ love for ARMY keeps spreading around the world like “Butter,” as the septet perform their Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit Monday (June 21) on Japan’s CDTV Live! Live!
For their latest performance, BTS look like they’re in a multi-colored box with a checkered floor, as the wall colors change with the beat. Appropriate for the song title, the guys are all dressed in different shades of yellow and gold.
Just after the two-minute mark, BTS re-create the famous mo
- Beck has rescheduled his forthcoming UK tour to 2022 and has added several new dates.READ MORE: Beck – ‘Hyperspace’ review: the superstar singer-songwriter enters a daring new era The American singer-songwriter was set to head out on a UK and European tour this summer, but he was forced to postpone the dates due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The dates for the UK leg of the tour have now been rescheduled to 2022, kicking off with a new date at Edinburgh’s
- Julia Michaels is a vocal advocate of the body positivity movement.
- "It's been suggested to me to take some time off to heal. I'm going to respect what was asked of me and take that time," Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu wrote in a Facebook letter to fans
- A new text-to-speech AI allows users to generate lyrics to be sung in a specific rapper’s voice. The Uberduck tool allows users to choose from multiple celebrities and enter text to hear them speak. This TTS AI can generate voices from rappers like Tupac, Eminem, Ice Cube, and Juice WRLD. It does a pretty impressive […]
The post Tupac Rapping Eminem Lyrics? This TTS Rapper AI Makes It Possible appeared first on Digital Music News.
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
DaBaby is officially entering the fashion world! The Grammy-nominated star is teaming up with boohooMAN for a massive summer collection, set to drop on June 30.
Marking their biggest collaboration to date, boohooMAN co-created a 100-piece, limited edition collection with the “Rockstar” rapper over virtual meetings between Manchester, UK, and Charlotte, N
- Track marks Method Man's second collaborative single of 2021
- Tour kicks off September 1st in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!