Hayley Williams filmed a stripped-down take of SZA’s “Drew Barrymore” at home and shared it with fans this weekend.
“self-serenades / amateur hour,” she captioned the Instagram video she posted on Sunday (May 24) of herself sitting on a couch with a guitar.
“this was weeks ago… April 11th, to be exact,” Williams said, offering some context. “have a few saved up. guess i’ve been holding out on yall. the only constant for me (beside
- John Legend joined Ebro Darden on Apple Music on Thursday (July 2) to chat about his new album, Bigger Love, his musical legacy, the power of protesting and just how good all those recent Verzuz battles have been.
“Well, we love it because one, we can never watch the whole thing because kids and things are always going on, so I just drop in when I can,” Legend, who took part in his own Verzuz showdown with Alicia Keys for Juneteenth, admitted. “But the energy has been so g
- A new report is shedding light upon the depth of the losses that France’s music community has suffered as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Conducted and published by France’s Tous Pour La Musique, an association of artists, producers, music managers, and others, the analysis paints a decidedly bleak picture of the French music […]The post The French Music Industry Has Suffered Substantial 2020 Losses Due to COVID-19, Study Says appeared first on Digital Music N
- Would you pay $150 for a ticket to see Monsta X if it included a 20-second digital meet and greet with the band?
Plenty of the Monbebes (the nickname for the K-pop group’s fans) would, according to a press release from LiveXLive, one of five announcements the company has sent out since it dismal annual earnings report came out last week. Besides announcing LiveXLive had sold out of the VIP passes, LiveXLive is hoping to convince investors it is on sound financial footing as it goes in
- Lil Uzi Vert, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Don Q have teamed up on new track ‘Flood My Wrist’ – watch the song’s video below.
Read more: Lil Uzi Vert – ‘Eternal Atake’ review: this generation’s Lil Wayne embarks on a dizzying odyssey of sound
Over the familiar sound of trap hi-hats and some electro guitar licks, the three rappers stunt on their adversaries, bragging about their cash, cars and jewellery.
Uzi takes the lead, rapping the first verse. &
- Tech giant CEOs from Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google will testify in front of Congress. All four CEOs have agreed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee. Tim Cook was the last to confirm his attendance at the hearing. Both Facebook and Google agreed to make their top executives available for questioning – if other […]The post Apple, Google, Amazon and Facebook CEOs to Testify Before Congress appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Japanese star Haruma Miura is set to drop his second single, “Night Diver,” on Aug. 26.
The award-winning actor — who has starred in numerous movies, TV dramas and theater productions since he entered showbiz as a child actor — kicked off his solo music career last year.
His upcoming second single will contain three tracks, including the title song, written and produced by the sought-after songwriter Yuki Tsujimura, who has contributed hits for popular J-pop acts Hey! Say
- One of Stormzy‘s #Merky Books novels has won a £10,000 book award.
Read more: How to support Black Lives Matter and anti-racist organisations if you can’t protest
Derek Owusu’s That Reminds Me follows the life of a boy called K from foster care into moving in with his birth family in Tottenham.
The story mirrors that of the author’s, who grew up in foster care in Suffolk before moving in with his biological family in North London, and was later diagnosed w
- J-pop boy band empire Johnny’s continues to dominate the Billboard Japan Hot 100 for the third week, with the latest No. 1 going to Johnny’s WEST’s “Shouko” (“Evidence”), the title track on the septet’s 14th single. The single sold 225,849 copies in its first week to lead physical sales and look-ups, blasting in at the top spot on the chart dated June 22 to 28, fueled by these physical metrics of the chart’s methodology.
- Facebook is expanding its fan subscriptions to more countries – edging further into Twitch’s territory. Twitch is geared primarily toward gamers, but the service has become more accommodating of artists. The COVID-19 pandemic has musicians and creators scrambling to support themselves amid closures. Twitch launched a fast-track program for artists with established SoundCloud profiles to […]The post Move Over, Twitch – Facebook Expands Fan Subscriptions for Musicians appe
- Jorja Smith has shared a new video for her cover of St. Germain‘s ‘Rose Rouge’ – watch it below.
Read more: How to support Black Lives Matter and anti-racist organisations if you can’t protest
Set to land on the upcoming Blue Note ‘Re:imagined’ album, Smith’s cover of the 2000 single has now been released with a hard-hitting video that features various clips from some of the recent anti-racism protests that have been taking place around t
- Vanilla Ice cooled off plans for a concert in Texas after taking considerable heat for an event that sought to gather hundreds of fans in one of the nation’s coronavirus hot spots.
The 1990s rapper with the hit single “Ice Ice Baby” had been scheduled to play a lakeside show just outside Austin on Friday (July 3), but on Thursday he announced it was being postponed.
“Due to the increase in COVID-19 numbers in Austin we’re gonna move the concert to a better date,&rdq
- The U.S. Copyright Office has indicated that it will forego dismantling and replacing the controversial Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) for the time being. Copyright Office officials made clear their position on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in a recent letter to Congress, addressing a bipartisan request from lawmakers seeking information about a full-scale replacement […]The post US Copyright Office Isn’t Dismantling the DMCA Anytime Soon appeared first on Digital Mu
- via music-news.comCher praised the U.K. music industry for "getting" Sonny & Cher.
- Against all odds, Marc Rebillet mounted a national concert tour in June 2020. Performing at drive-in venues from Maryland to Colorado and Texas to Ohio, the Dallas-based dance music star did some of the strongest business of his career, despite fans not being able to properly dance at his shows.
Rebillet played 12 concerts in nine cities, touring the nation from June 9-28. Venue capacity ranged from 350 to 600 cars, generally the same number of tickets he was selling in standing-room-only venues
- 6ix9ine’s steady release of new music continues.
The 24-year-old New York rapper took to Instagram on Thursday (July 2) to announce that his new song “Yaya” and its accompanying music video will drop Friday at 11:30 a.m. PT/2:30 p.m. ET.
“THIS IS THE BEST ONE I DID SO FAR,” he captioned the announcement.In late June, 6ix9ine scored his first No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart with “Trollz,” a collaboration with Nicki Minaj. That song followed his
Tim Burgess to hold special Twitter listening party for director and The Cure’s longtime collaborator Tim PopeTim Burgess is set to hold a special Twitter listening party later this month for director Tim Pope.
Read more: The best things we’ve learned from Tim Burgess’ Twitter ‘listening parties’
The Charlatans frontman confirmed the event earlier today (July 2) set to take place on Monday, July 13 at 8pm BST.
He said the “special listening/watching party would feature some of his favourite videos and concert footage that he’s filmed including Fatboy Slim, The The, Th
- The Weeknd’s “Blinding Lights” again beams at maximum wattage on Billboard’s Pop Songs radio airplay chart, making a record-setting return to No. 1.
The song revisits the top spot on the July 4-dated chart (which tallies plays on a panel of over 160 mainstream top 40 stations) after eight weeks at No. 2. No song had previously spent more than four weeks out of the summit before revisiting the coveted rank in the survey’s three-decade history.
Nadine Shah vows to run for PPL chair after Crispin Hunt steps down in favour of “diversity and meaningful change”Nadine Shah has put herself forward for the role of PPL’s Performer Director after Crispin Hunt announced this week that he would be stepping down.
Read more: Nadine Shah – ‘Kitchen Sink’ review: complex and thought-provoking post-punk contains multitudes
The former Longpigs singer-songwriter, who has held the position for three terms, shared the news that he would be stepping down yesterday (July 1) in a statement on Twitter.
“I’m standing down @PPLUK Perform
- Rapper Vanilla Ice has canceled a planned Fourth of July concert in Austin, Texas, following pushback and criticism from fans. Vanilla Ice indicated that he is “not going” to the Austin gig in an Instagram video posted just moments ago. The 52-year-old artist’s reversal arrived hours after he penned a controversial tweet doubling down on […]The post Vanilla Ice Cancels Fourth of July Concert Following Fan Backlash, Criticism appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Some of the U.K.’s biggest music stars are pleading with their government to come to the aid of the £4.5 billion ($5.6 billion) live music sector during the coronavirus lockdown, warning that government support is vital to prevent “mass insolvencies.”
A group of 1,500 artists — including Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa, The Rolling Stones, Rita Ora and many others — signed a letter to Oliver Dowden, the secretary of state for digital, culture, media and sport, urging the
- Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever have shared a cover of Hole‘s ‘Malibu’ – listen to it below.
Read more: Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever: “Lennon, McCartney, Harrison were in competition with each other. We’re not”
The Melbourne jangle rockers – minus drummer Marcel Tussie – got together earlier this week for a Sirius XMU session, sharing a stripped-back rendition of the 1998 single that originally appeared on the Courtney Love-led band&r
- Tom Morello has unveiled his new song “Stand Up,” a high-octane collaboration with Shea Diamond, Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons and The Bloody Beetroots.
On the urgent, hard-rocking track, which dropped Thursday (July 2), the collective artists rail against police brutality, racism and white privilege.
“When I call the police/ Will they just kill me?/ Will they just kill you?/ When I call the police/ Will they just protect me/ ‘Cause I’m white-skinned too?/ Stand u
- Amanda Kloots shared an update on her Broadway actor husband Nick Cordero’s health on Thursday’s (July 2) CBS This Morning.
After witnessing her husband — best known for his roles in shows like Waitress, A Bronx Tale and Rock of Ages — wake up from a medically induced coma and undergo a leg amputation due to complications from his rough battle with COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, Kloots says she’s currently stuck in “the vicious circle o
- Dua Lipa has spoken out again about female equality and the difficult personal experiences she has experienced as a woman.
Read more: Dua Lipa: “If somebody told me not to discuss issues I’m passionate about? I wouldn’t listen”
The singer penned the track ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ from her recent album ‘Future Nostalgia’ which details just what it’s like being a girl and having to “avoid confrontation from men” and “avoid sexual h
- DaBaby collects his second No. 1 on Billboard’s Rhythmic Songs airplay chart — and first with lead billing — as “Rockstar” ascends from the runner-up rank on the list dated July 4. The single, which features Roddy Ricch, rises through a 3% boost in plays in the week ending June 28, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.
DaBaby, born Jonathan Kirk, previously ruled Rhythmic Songs with a guest spot on Post Malone’s “Enemies,” which topped the chart for
Eminem Publisher Eight Mile Style Adds New Defendant, Additional Claims in Spotify Unpaid-Royalties LawsuitThe legal battle between Eminem publisher Eight Mile Style, Spotify, and Kobalt Music Publishing is raging on. To recap, the high-profile lawsuit centers on Spotify’s alleged infringement of 243 Eminem songs and alleged failure to pay royalties for billions of user plays. Spotify has denied the unpaid-royalties claim and emphasized that it was “licensed by […]The post Eminem Publisher Eight Mile Style Adds New Defendant, Additional Claims in Spotify Unpaid-Royalties Lawsuit ap
- Kelly Clarkson has revisited her heart-wrenching cover of Hamilton’s “It’s Quiet Uptown” ahead of the Broadway hit’s streaming debut on Disney+.
During an episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show on Thursday (July 2), the 38-year-old singer welcomed members of the original Hamilton cast and shared an emotional rendition of the show’s “It’s Quiet Uptown,” which she previously recorded for The Hamilton Mixtape in 2016.
The filmed version of Hamilton
- Some people wait years and travel far and wide in search of inspiration. For Manic Street Preachers‘ James Dean Bradfield, his latest muse had been with him for most of his life.
Today (Thursday July 2), the Manics frontman announces his second solo album. Arriving on August 14, ‘Even Is Exile’ is the follow up to his 2006 debut ‘The Great Western’ and has lyrics penned by Patrick Jones – the famous Welsh poet and playwright and brother of Manics bassist and l
- via mtv.comThis week's Bop Shop features a groovy cover from Orville Peck, a sultry dance banger from Jessie Ware, and so much more.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!