Several well-known figures in music, entertainment and sports are putting $1 million into NFT business ideas in a new contest called NFTs: The Pitch.
Guy Oseary, Madonna’s long-time manager and a frequent investor, will be joined by actor-investor Ashton Kutcher; Dallas Mavericks owner and investor in the TV show Shark Tank, Mark Cuban; and rapper Snoop Dogg. In addition, NFT innovators Whale Shark, Metakovan and 3LAU are also jud
- Taylor Swift has broken a chart record set by The Beatles after her re-released version of 'Fearless' took the number one spot in the Official Albums Chart.
- Apple Music streaming royalties are roughly double what Spotify pays artists, according to a new report. The Wall Street Journal obtained an advanced look at a letter Apple Music sent to artists. The disclosure was delivered today via the artists’ dashboard in Apple Music and was sent to labels and publishers. It’s a more transparent […]
The post Apple Music Streaming Royalties Pay 1 Cent Per Stream – Twice What Spotify Pays appeared first on Digital Music News.
- When Silk Sonic — the powerhouse duo led by Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak — saw its debut single, “Leave The Door Open,” rise to No. 1 on the Hot 100 this week, it represented several milestones for the two artists, whose retro soul has captivated fans across the country.
For .Paak, the song became his first-ever No. 1 on the chart in just his second visit, after reaching No. 89 in 2020 as a featured artist on Eminem’s “Lock It Up.” And for Mars, his eig
- Oscar nominee and Golden Globes winner Andra Day has shared her new single ‘Phone Dies’ – listen to it below.READ MORE: The United States vs. Billie Holiday review: Andra Day does full justice to a musical geniusThe track is the star’s fourth release of 2021 following three singles taken from the soundtrack of The United States vs. Billie Holiday.
‘Phone Dies’ was produced by Anderson .Paak and was released today (April 16) via Warner Records. “It’
- Fever 333‘s Jason Aalon Butler has said music industry efforts towards racial equality have been “performative”, noting that vital POC artists such as The Weeknd are being ignored.READ MORE: The biggest moments from The Weeknd’s Super Bowl half-time showButler said in an In Conversation video interview with NME that the influx of awareness of the Black Lives Matter movement including Blackout Tuesday last summer has not been sustained. He cited The Weeknd’s Grammys
- Royal Blood have talked about the experience of working with Josh Homme on their new single ‘Boilermaker’, describing the producer as being “just like this big kid having fun”.
The duo were speaking to NME for this week’s Big Read cover story when they explained how coming to work with the Queens Of The Stone Age frontman on the track – taken from their upcoming third album ‘Typhoons’ – always seemed like a good fit.
- This week’s new music releases included a massive Slime Language compilation from Young Thug, a heart-stopping ballad from Bebe Rexha, and an Iann Dior/Trippie Redd team-up.
There were also fresh cuts from recent Billboard cover star Eric Church, synth-pop maestro Troye Sivan, and rockers Greta Van Fleet.
Now, Billboard wants to know: what was your favorite song or project to drop this week?Catch up on everything that dropped via First Stream here, and vote for your favorite belo
- As top nominee Karol G walked away with three awards at the 2021 Latin American Music Awards Thursday night (April 15), newcomer Danny Felix shared an interesting fact about her third studio album KG0516 on the red carpet.
Felix, one of Billboard’s Latin Artists to Watch in 2021, hit the carpet to talk about his first-time experience presenting at the coveted Latin AMAs. As composer and guitarist on Karol G’s “200 Copas,” he also revealed how the Colombian singer’s
- No one in the game has stronger knees than Megan Thee Stallion, a fact she boastfully reminded fans of in her cinematic, booty-bouncing visual for “Movie” featuring Lil Durk.
Released on her 2020 studio debut album Good News, the Tay Keith-produced track exudes strip club anthem energy, with hard-hitting 808s, snappy trap drums and lyrics brimming with assertive attitude. “That ain’t my man, but that’s my man, though, so watch your hands, ho,” she spits,
- Shania Twain celebrated the 20th anniversary of her legendary “Man! I Feel Like a Woman” video by slipping into the clip’s iconic outfit again.
“Same outfit, 20 years apart! #letsgogirls,” the 55-year old country singer captioned the TikTok video, in which she throws back to the fishnet stockings, silky mini dress covered by a white jacket, black gloves and veiled black top hat look.
The brief clip kicks off with the 1999 original as she sings, “The best part
- Phoenix have teased that an album is in the works by sharing a snippet of new music.
‘Loop N°02’ reads the caption of an Instagram video of bandmembers playing a previously unheard piece of music. The caption also reads “#7”, which appears to refer to their seventh album. Phoenix’s last record, 2017’s ‘Ti Amo’, was their sixth to date.
The band also shared ‘Loop N°01’ last month, which was an up-close video clip of a distorted g
- Chicago indie pop band Beach Bunny have teamed up with Tegan And Sara for a new version of their song ‘Cloud 9’.READ MORE: ‘We’re more traditional siblings than people imagine”: Tegan and Sara on their revealing new memoir High SchoolThe original version of the track was released on Beach Bunny’s debut album ‘Honeymoon’ last year.
Recently, the song has gone viral, scoring more than 2million streams a day on Spotify and featuring in the platfo
Taylor Swift makes chart history overtaking The Beatles to score third Number 1 album in under a yearTaylor Swift rewrites UK Official Chart history this week as her rerecorded album Fearless (Taylor’s Version) lands at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart
- Lil Nas X holds on to Number 1 with Montero (Call Me By Your Name), marking three weeks at the top of the Official Singles Chart.
- Anitta nabbed one of her two nominations at the 2021 Latin AMAs, taking home the title of favorite female artist Thursday night (April 15).
Not only did she perform on stage and gave a wonderful acceptance speech but she also spilled the details on her upcoming single “Girl From Rio” on the red carpet.
“I’m so happy. It comes out April 30,” she tells Billboard. “It’s my favorite song ever that I have done in my life. I want people to get to know Brazil a
- South Korean boy band Tomorrow X Together brought warm weather to The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday (April 16) with a performance of their single “We Lost the Summer.”
The group (Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Taehyun and HueningKai) took to a series of colorful sets made to look like a grade schoo, which each member showcasing his vocal prowess and tight dance moves throughout.
The dancehall-inspired track appears on TXT’s third EP Minisode1: Blue Hour, which was re
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The 56th annual ACM Awards are returning to Nashville this weekend, airing live from three iconic country music venues including Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium and The Bluebird Cafe.
The star-studded event, hosted by Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton will air on Sunday (April 18) from 8-11 p.m. (live ET/delayed PT) and from 7
- The pandemic has not slowed the L.A.-based Holy Wars. Their impressive creative output in the face of a global lockdown includes five music videos from lead singer Kat Leon for both the unsigned, independent Holy Wars, and side projects Leon has in development.
Many of the band’s video projects have been self-funded, drawing upon Leon’s richness in talented friends and collaborators for projects like the band’s newest single “TV Dinner,” a raucous and visc
- David Bisbal and Carrie Underwood performed their heartfelt Spanglish track “Tears of Gold” at the 2021 Latin American Music Awards, Thursday night (April 15). The song was also nominated for favorite video, which was nabbed by Selena Gomez’s “De Una Vez.”
“It’s been so amazing, everyone’s been very welcoming and I’m so excited to be here,” Underwood tells Billboard on the red carpet.
“The song was part of one of my projects and w
- Glastonbury Festival has added two extra broadcasts of its livestreamed ‘Live At Worthy Farm’ event on May 22, with fans now able to watch Coldplay, Haim and others on May 23.READ MORE: Everything we know so far about festival season 2021‘Live At Worthy Farm’ is described as a “five-hour journey through all of those spots that you know from Worthy Farm”, with performances from Coldplay, Haim, Damon Albarn, Wolf Alice, Kano, Michael Kiwanuka, Jorja Smith and ID
- We don’t know who will take home trophies at Sunday’s ACM Awards, but we know a few dozen country superstars who will take the stage.
The night’s hosts — Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton — are set to perform at the show too. And a few acts will pull double-duty: Miranda Lambert is set to open the show with Elle King for “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)” while also joining her Marfa Tapes collaborators Jack Ingram and Jon Randall for a performan
The Offspring’s Dexter Holland on the Rock Stalwarts’ Return — And Why It’s Ready to ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’Since its debut on the Billboard charts in 1994, The Offspring has become one of that decade’s most lasting rock acts. Over the course of nearly three decades, the pop-punk pioneers and road warriors not only finished out a seven-album major label contract but kept making music far beyond it, retaining a radio presence along with their senses of sanity and humor.Led by iron-lunged vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Dexter Holland, The Offspring broke thro
- Taylor Swift has today (April 16) made UK chart history after her re-recorded album ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’, reached number one in the charts.READ MORE: Taylor Swift – ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ review: a celebration of the star’s breakout albumThe Official Charts Company confirmed that Swift had earned her third number one album in under a year (259 days) making her the first artist to have the fastest accumulation of three number one alb
- Paul Weller has reflected on the time he got to record a Beatles song with Paul McCartney as part of the supergroup The Smokin’ Mojo Filters.READ MORE: Paul McCartney – ‘McCartney III: Imagined’ review: Macca shines with a little help from his friendsThe band consisted of Weller, McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Ocean Colour Scene’s Steve Cradock, Young Disciples’ Carleen Anderson and The Style Council’s Steve White.
The musicians came together in 1995 to
- The 2021 Latin AMAs featured show-stopping performances by Karol G and Mariah Angeliq, Ozuna, Eslabon Armado, Ricky Martin and Carlos Vives, among many others, helping deliver a night to remember.
The sixth edition of the ceremony took place Thursday (April 15) live from the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida where Bad Bunny was the biggest winner of the night taking home five awards including artist of the year. He was followed by Karol who took three including song of the year thanks to the N
- Nearly 300 individuals who attended the ill-fated Fyre Festival are set to receive up to $7,220 payments from a class-action court settlement – though the precise compensation amount remains unclear and could end up being far less than the figure. Attorneys for the Fyre Festival estate as well as counsel for 277 individuals who purchased […]
The post Are Fyre Festival Attendees Really Getting $7,220 Each? A Look at the Legal Fine Print appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Billboard has your exclusive look at the iconic songs the top 12 will sing on Sunday night’s (April 18) American Idol episode, which will pay tribute to Oscar-nominated classics.
The dozen semi-finalists will sing their favorite Academy Award-worthy tracks for a chance to advance into the top nine in the two-hour showdown on ABC, kicking off at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Their choices range from the rousing anthem in Hugh Jackman’s The Greatest Showman to a Dirty Dancing favorite, a mod
- Songs from DMX and Taylor Swift dot Billboard’s LyricFind U.S. and LyricFind Global charts, led by the former’s “X Gon’ Give It to Ya,” which crowns both lists dated April 17.
The LyricFind Global and LyricFind U.S. charts rank the fastest momentum-gaining tracks in lyric-search queries and usages globally and in the U.S., respectively, provided by LyricFind. The Global chart includes queries from all countries, including the U.S. The company is the world’s le
- Sech dropped his third studio album 42 on Thursday (April 15). An album that was born “fully in the pandemic” and a tribute to his Afro roots, the artist calls it “his best project.”
“I’m so excited that this album is finally out on the streets and with everyone we achieved. It’s amazing,” Sech tells Billboard.
Released under Rich Music, the set is home to 11 tracks including collaborations with Wisin, Yandel, Arcangel, Nicky Jam, and Rau
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!