Gallant doesn’t like to sit on music for too long. “It would be really tough to sit on something that might not match my mood by the time it comes out,” he says over a video call from his parents’ home in Maryland.
Born Christopher Gallant, the R&B singer-songwriter is referring to his second album Sweet Insomnia, and the three-year span it took to create the project. The record was released as the 2019 follow-up to his Grammy-nominated debut album Ology, but this tim
- BTS’ Bang Bang Con is returning in 2021.
The K-pop band took to social media on Saturday (April 10) to announce Bang Bang Con 21. The virtual event is scheduled to take place on April 17 at 3 p.m. KST on the septet’s official YouTube channel BANGTANTV.
“BTS concert in your room #BANGBANGCON21 coming soon!” the group wrote on Instagram.Billboard has reached out to BTS’ representatives for further details.
Last April’s inaugural Bang Bang Con was a free two-day
- The Wallflowers have announced details of their first album in almost a decade.READ MORE: Bob Dylan – ‘Rough And Rowdy Ways’ review: arguably his grandest poetic statement yetJakob Dylan and co. will release ‘Exit Wounds’, the long awaited follow-up to 2012’s ‘Glad All Over’, on July 9 via New West Records.
Produced by Butch Walker, their seventh studio album is mixed by Chris Dugan and features singer-songwriter Shelby Lynne on four of i
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week.
Nicky Jam’s Bakery
After telling all about his Miami-based restaurant idea at the 2020 Latin Music Week last fall, Nicky Jam officially inaugurated “La Industria Bakery and Cafe” in Bayside Marketplace on Friday (April 9). Named after his management company, the b
Demi Lovato Recalls Comfort of Owning Her Truth in Docuseries: ‘Nothing Anyone Can Say Will Shake Me’Demi Lovato discussed her intensely personal docuseries Dancing With the Devil on Friday (April 9) with Jimmy Fallon.
The series debuted at this year’s virtual South by Southwest festival and details the Grammy-nominated singer’s struggles with drug abuse, self-harm and eating disorders.
Fallon, declaring that he won’t allow himself to get emotional, referred to the series as “rough and tough” and asked Lovato if it felt “odd” to be that honest about her
- Miguel has released the fourth instalment in his ‘Art Dealer Chic’ series – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Miguel interview: From teenage preacher to California R&B starThe new EP, which arrives with a video for new song ‘So I Lie’, comes two weeks after the singer reissued the first three volumes in the series.
Speaking about the project, Miguel said: “I’ve been doing a lot of work to consider and refine my beliefs in the last few years.
- On this week's episode of Elton John’s Rocket Hour on Apple Music 1, Elton chats with Royal Blood about their anticipated new album 'Typhoons'
- The Libertines have announced a series of winter tour dates later this year.READ MORE: The Libertines live: The likely lads ascend once again at a riotous Bristol gigThe ‘Giddy Up A Ding-Dong Tour’ will see the group play 15 dates across the UK this November and December – including two dates at London’s O2 Forum, the location of some of the bands most celebrated shows in 2003.
It will be the group’s first tour in two years and tickets for the shows will go on sale
- Kali Uchis brought her new single ‘Telepatía’ to late-night television this week – watch her perform on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon below.
The song appears on the singer’s recent album ‘Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞’, which came out last November, and recently got its own video.READ MORE: Kali Uchis – ‘Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞’ review: a divine, boundary busting second albumFor
- Sparks have revealed that they’re working on new music.READ MORE: ‘The Sparks Brothers’ review: Edgar Wright’s revealing deep dive into odd-pop’s LA pioneersIn a post on social media, the brothers shared a picture from the studio with the caption “#newsparksalbum”.
In an accompanying picture, Ron and Russell Mael can be seen inside the studio wearing masks whilst Russell can be seen holding up a sign that reads: “SHHH! SPARKS RECORDING!”
- AFI have shared a pair of new tracks, including one co-written by Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan.
‘Dulcería’ and ‘Far Too Near’ precede the band’s new album ‘Bodies’, which comes out on June 11 via Rise Records.
Speaking on the collaboration with Corgan, AFI guitarist Jade Puget said: “Billy and I have a great creative connection when we’re writing together. It was inspiring to work with such a talented and legendary songwrite
- J Balvin has teamed up with Khalid on new song ‘Otra Noche Sin Ti’ – you can listen to it below.
The track is accompanied by a gothic-themed, Collin Tilley-directed video which sees the pair in a dark, foggy forest. You can watch the video below.
‘Used to shed tears in the ‘rari / There I was wishin’ you would stop me / Here I am wishin’ you would call me,’ Khalid sings towards the end of the track.
The release follows other singles ‘Tu
- Deap Vally have announced details of their second EP of 2021 – listen to new single ‘Give Me A Sign’.
The new track is the first preview of a four-track collection called ‘American Cockroach’, which lands on June 18 via Cooking Vinyl and follows the duo’s ‘Digital Dream’ EP from February.
As with ‘Digital Dream’, which saw them collaborate with Peaches, KT Tunstall, The Kills‘ Jamie Hince and Warpaint‘s Jenny Lee L
Nadine Shah, Tim Burgess, Ed O’Brien and more on ongoing streaming debate: “We need a fairer system in place”Nadine Shah, Tim Burgess, Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien and more have opened up about the ongoing debate into streaming and artist payments in a series of new interviews.
Speaking to The Guardian, the musicians have spoken ahead of the publication of the long-anticipated parliamentary report into the streaming industry. It comes as MPs are currently examining the economic impact that music streaming is having on artists, record labels and the wider music industry in the inquiry.
- An application from Glastonbury Festival for a temporary campsite on Worthy Farm this summer has been approved.
It comes after festival organiser Emily Eavis recently confirmed an application had been made for a “family friendly campsite” on the festival site this summer, in lieu of the festival’s cancellation for a second year in a row.READ MORE: NME recommends: the song that reminds me of Glastonbury“It’s so good to dream up plans and hope that some of these thing
- Nile Rodgers says streaming is unfair to artists and labels need to pair them more.
- My Bloody Valentine are among a number of artists set to curate special shows on NTS Radio this month.
The lauded station is celebrating its 10th anniversary, and have invited a host of artists to host their own shows to mark the occasion.
From Monday, April 19 to Friday, April 23, ten artists will contribute “guest radio shows, soundscapes, conversations and performances” to a weeklong charity broadcast, which is raising money for the Global Foodbanking Network.
It comes after the s
- Bieber's wife, model Hailey Bieber, was among the lucky group to watch the singer's show.
- The star previously trod the boards in the shows The Bodyguard, Sister Act, Chess, and Chicago.
- Motörhead have shared a live clip from the archive ahead of the release of a new concert film – you can watch it below.READ MORE: Ian Fraser ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister 1945-2015 – A Life in Rock N RollThe clip, which shows the group playing ‘Rock it’ live in 2012, comes ahead of the release of Louder Than Noise…Live In Berlin – a film of their 2012 concert at the Berlin Velodrom on December 5, during their ‘Kings of The Road Tour’. Th
- Shawn Mendes has taken to TikTok to share an a capella cover of Justin Bieber‘s recent single ‘Peaches’ – watch the version below.READ MORE: Justin Bieber – ‘Justice’ review: pop star finds his purpose again‘Peaches’ is the latest single to be taken from Bieber’s latest album ‘Justice’, which came out last month.
Mendes’ new version is a 20-second cover, performed completely a capella. The pair recently collaborat
- The Offspring have been working on their upcoming album 'Let The Bad Times Roll' for almost 10 years.
- Tom Morello, Brian Eno, Roger Waters and more are all set to play a special livestream fundraiser gig today (April 10).
Live For Gaza aims to raise funds for musicians in the Gaza Strip in Palestine.
Waters is set to perform his 1992 track ‘The Bravery of Being Out of Range’ at the event, while Eno has created a special audiovisual piece specifically for the concert. The piece, titled ‘Celeste’, was created with his brother Roger.
Other performers include Mohammed Assaf,
- Tim Burgess has confirmed that his Tim’s Twitter Listening Party series will pay tribute to rapper DMX this weekend.READ MORE: RIP DMX: 10 of the rap legend’s best songs everDMX, whose real name was Earl Simmons, died yesterday (April 9) – he was 50-years-old. The rapper was first hospitalised following a heart attack as a result of reported overdose on April 3, where he had remained in intensive care since.
Burgess, who has hosted his online Tim’s Twitter
- Joni Mitchell has announced a new box set collating four of her iconic albums from the late 1960s and early ’70s.
‘The Reprise Albums (1968-1971)’ is being released in June 25 to celebrate 50 years of ‘Blue’, and is being teased by a 2021 remastered version of one of that album’s most beloved tracks, ‘A Case Of You’.READ MORE: Happy Birthday Joni Mitchell – NME Writers Choose Their Favourite SongsThe new box set will collate Mitchell’s
- Aaliyah's mother Diane Haughton has paid tribute to her late daughter's 'Romeo Must Die' co-star DMX.
- Queen and Adam Lambert have been working on new music with Adam Lambert but their recording sessions didn't turn out the way they had hoped.
- Stars of the hip-hop community are marking the loss of beloved rapper DMX.
- Hollywood relationships might not always be permanent, but tattoos are — unless they’re surgically removed. That hasn’t stopped the biggest musicians — Travis Barker to Justin Bieber — from getting their loved ones’ names, initials and even faces inked on their bodies.
Billboard rounded up the all-star couples who got lovey-dovey tats in honor of their significant other.Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian
After making their relationship Insta
- via mtv.comSuperM is encouraging listeners to get up and dance in the shoulder-shimmying music video for their funky new single “We Do."
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!