Florida Georgia Line earn their 15th No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart as “Long Live” rises 3-1 on the April 10-dated list, up 9% to 28.3 million impressions, according to MRC Data.
The tandem of Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard pass Rascal Flatts for the second-most leaders among duos and groups in the chart’s 31-year history, after Brooks & Dunn’s 20. Among all acts, Kenny Chesney leads with 31 No. 1s.
“Live,” which Hubbard an
- Alan Jackson delivered a powerful sunrise, sunset moment at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (April 18) when he spanned a lifetime’s worth of parent-child memories with a two-song medley of “Drive” and “You’ll Always Be My Baby.”
The Country Music Hall of Famer began his performance with his 2002 No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart, “Drive (For Daddy Gene).” While that song was dedicated to Jackson’s late father Eugene, t
- Ashley McBryde made a splash at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), performing her 2020 single “Martha Divine” on a floating stage.
The country star and her band lit up the Cumberland River as they rocked out to the track, which starts out with an affair and ends with a murder. “You’re bound for Hell/ But evidently the Devil’s busy/ So I moved you up in line/ Martha Divine,” McBryde sang, smirking at the camera during the more ominous lyrics.
Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram & Jon Randall Offer a Quiet Taste of ‘The Marfa Tapes’ at the 2021 ACM AwardsFor Miranda Lambert’s third — yes, third — performance at the ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), she was joined on the Nashville stage by Jack Ingram and John Randall.
The trio performed “In His Arms,” the first song from their upcoming 15-track album, The Marfa Tapes, which is due out May 7. The artists sat on stools as they performed, accompanied only by their acoustic guitars for a quiet set.
“I’ve been a rolling stone, a tumbleweed/ Waiting for the rig
- Jimmie Allen thought he was going to be performing solo at Sunday night’s ACM Awards (April 18). Lucky for him, and for us, Brad Paisley had a surprise in store.
Just before Allen’s performance, Paisley appeared on screen to let fans know that he was going to jump in on the singer’s moment.”My duet partner Jimmie Allen … is about to sing our new duet ‘Freedom Was A Highway,’ but he thinks I’m out of town,” he said, smiling. “So I have
- Country legend Kenny Chesney brought an understated charm to the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (Apr. 18), opting to forgo his stadium rockers for the subtle romance of “Knowing You,” which led directly into an In Memoriam segment during the Nashville-based telecast.
With smoke emanating from the stage and a six-piece band backing him, Chesney donned his black cowboy hat and crooned in front of clips meant to evoke passionate memories. The performance of “Knowing You,” a
- Luke Combs brought the class to the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), busting out a dark jacket and a ton of socially distanced orchestral players to lend some classical elegance to his current single “Forever After All.” The mixture of his vocal grit, masterful control and the orchestral flair made for a beautiful musical marriage — and demonstrated the song’s extreme wedding day soundtrack potential.A Hot Country Songs No. 1, “Forever After All” was insp
- On Sunday night (April 18), Dan + Shay delivered a smooth helping of their single “Glad You Exist” at the 2021 ACM Awards.
Though the country pair dished out silky harmonies for their acoustic performance, fans noticed some technical difficulties while watching. “Either Dan and Shay really suck at lip synching OR the ACM awards needs to find a new audio guy. My guess is the audio was messed up. #ACMAwards,” tweeted one user. “Oh damn, Dan & Shay&rsquo
- Eric Church blazed through a performance of “Bunch of Nothing,” live from the Ryman Auditorium, at the ACM Awards on Sunday night (April 18).
After a glowing intro from the evening’s co-host Keith Urban, Billboard’s recent cover star took the stage in his trademark shades and leather jacket, adorned with an acoustic guitar as he led his band in the new rave-up. Bathed in red-tinted light on the Ryman stage, Church delivered one of the evening’s most r
- Country superstar Carrie Underwood and gospel great CeCe Winans took to the Grand Ole Opry House stage at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18) for a medley of classic hymns.
Underwood kicked off the performance solo, emerging in a glittering gown beneath a single spotlight for “Amazing Grace.” The singer, who released her first gospel music album My Savior in March, began the first verse a capella, and was soon joined by piano and strings.
Underwood then transitioned into “
- In a special performance at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday night (Apr. 18), Dierks Bentley was joined by Americana duo The War and Treaty for an electric, bluegrass rendition of U2’s “Pride (In The Name Of Love).”The country veteran injected a shot of adrenaline into the 1984 classic by including some furious fiddle and soulful harmonies — courtesy of The War and Treaty’s Michael Trotter Jr. and Tanya Blount — along with his own acoustic guitar. The performance
For her special performance at the 2021 Academy of Country Music Awards, Gabby Barrett decided to pay tribute to the loves worth holding on to with “The Good Ones.”
Taking to to an intimate stage at the legendary Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, Barrett appeared clad in a white cowboy hat and a silk shirt, with her husband Cade Foehner accompanying her on guitar as she paid tribute to him through her beautiful, emotional song. “Anybody can be good once/ But he’s good al
- On Sunday night (April 18) at this year’s ACM Awards, Chris Stapleton enlisted Miranda Lambert for an enchanting rendition of his 2020 single “Maggie’s Song.”
Backed by Lambert, Stapleton paid tribute to his late family pup, who he encouraged to “run wild” on the song’s emotional chorus. “Run, Maggie run/ With the heart of a rebel child/ Oh, run, Maggie run/ Be just as free as you are wild,” he sang. Stapleton, with the help of Lambert,
- via nme.comFoo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl and his mum Virginia’s new television show From Cradle to Stage has finally got an official release date, along with a new teaser clip.
Directed by Grohl, the first episode of the unscripted series is set to arrive on Paramount’s streaming service Paramount+ on May 6, which is Mother’s Day in the US.
As displayed in the show’s new teaser, it’ll follow Grohl and his mum, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, as they learn about the relationships of
- Lady A didn’t take the conventional stage when the country band performed at the 56th annual ACM Awards held in Nashville on Sunday (April 18).
While other performers entertained from iconic locations The Bluebird Cafe, the Ryman Auditorium and Grand Ole Opry House, Lady A instead rocked their new song “Like a Lady” from the waterfront, with the lights of Nashville behind them. The group delivered an energetic and upbeat performance, as stage lights flashed and reflected off th
- Maren Morris and Ryan Hurd hit the stage at the socially distanced but in-person 2021 ACM Awards to perform their duet “Chasing After You.” Mickey Guyton introduced the performance, noting it was not their only recent collaboration – the country crooners, who married in 2018, recently welcomed a son into the world.The stage set up called back to the “Chasing After You” music video, with the married couple singing the lovestruck ballad into each other’s eyes wh
- Joe Jonas recently got his second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, and he filmed it for the world to see.
Doing his part to persuade people to get vaccinated and help put an end to the COVID-19 pandemic, Jonas joined NBC’s Roll Up Your Sleeves TV special, hosted by Ciara and Russell Wilson. The primetime event was created and produced by ATTN: and presented by Walgreens.
“I’m not good with needles,” Jonas admitted in a clip from the show, which aired at 7 p.m. ET
- Thomas Rhett took center stage at the ACM Awards on Sunday night (Apr. 18) for a performance of two singles from his upcoming Country Again, Side A set — both of which, appropriately, have “Country” in the title.
Rhett started off playing acoustic in a seated spotlight with just minimal accompaniment, for a stripped-down performance of his brand new Country Again title track. Then, after a verse and chorus of that ballad, Rhett stepped out of the chair to take the mic
- What better way to kick off an awards show than with Miranda Lambert and Elle King singing about being drunk?
The duo of country stars took to the stage at the Grand Ole Opry House for Sunday night’s Academy of Country Music Awards (April 18), performing a (socially distanced) crowd-pleasing rendition of their single “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home).” The pair appeared at the outset of the show, stepping out of a car and posing for red carpet photos before strutting the
- “Nashville is back,” Keith Urban declared alongside Mickey Guyton to help kick off the 2021 ACM Awards, held from Nashville on Sunday night (Apr. 18). Standing onstage at the Grand Ole Opry, the pair of co-hosts delivered a short monologue that sprinkled in a few laughs along with a triumphant outlook on country music’s return from a pandemic-stricken year.
“Tonight we’re gonna be celebrating not only the best in country music, we’re also celebrating the progr
- Country superstars Kane Brown and Chris Young lit up the Ryman Auditorium stage at the 2021 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18) with a performance of their 2020 duet “Famous Friends.”
Young sported a black leather jacket and played acoustic guitar, while Brown harmonized to the upbeat track: “I’ve got some famous friends, you’ve probably never heard of/ But back in Rutherford County, our crowd is second to none/ You might not know ‘em here in this big city we&rsqu
- It’s time for the 2021 Academy of Country Music Awards.
Maren Morris and Chris Stapleton lead the pack with the most nominations among artists. Will they be the big winners of the night?
The ceremony, hosted by Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton, begins at 8PM ET on CBS.See the full list of winners, updating live, below:
Entertainer of the Year:Luke BryanEric ChurchLuke CombsThomas RhettChris Stapleton
Female Artist of the Year:Kelsea BalleriniMiranda LambertAshley McBrydeMaren MorrisCarly Pear
- Looking for something sweet to do with Mom on Mother’s Day while the pandemic is still ongoing? Dave Grohl has just the thing. Paramount+ announced on Sunday (April 18) that From Cradle to Stage, the unscripted series from the Foo Fighters frontman and his mother, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, will be arriving on Thursday, May 6, to the streaming service.
The six-part series, directed by the rocker and inspired by Virginia’s book of the same title, will explore the relationships between fam
- Alma Wahlberg, the mother of entertainers Mark and Donnie Wahlberg and a regular on their reality series Wahlburgers, has died, her sons said on social media Sunday. She was 78.
“My angel. Rest in peace,” Mark Wahlberg tweeted.
Donnie Wahlberg posted a longer tribute to his mother on his Instagram account.
“It’s time to rest peacefully, mom,” Donnie Wahlberg wrote. “I love you, miss you, thank you and will celebrate you, today and always.”No information
- Bebe Rexha’s “Sabotage” has topped this week’s new music poll.
On Friday (April 16), Billboard asked: What was your favorite song or project to drop this week?
Music fans voted in the poll on Billboard, choosing Rexha’s brand-new ballad as their favorite new music release of the past week.Rexha’s emotional “Sabotage,” off of her upcoming Better Mistakes album (due out on May 7), brought in 74% of the vote, with Young Thug & YSL’s Slime La
- Just don’t do it! Lizzo had a funny word of warning for her followers on TikTok Saturday (April 17) after apparently sliding into Chris Evans’ direct messages. “Don’t drink and DM, kids,” she captioned her clip, following those words of caution with “for legal porpoises this is a joke.”
The “Truth Hurts” singer explained the situation in a hilarious video. “The reason I’m upset about this one is because I know I’m not going
Taylor Swift’s Been ‘In the Studio All Day’ as ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ Arrives at No. 1 on the Billboard 200What a time to be a Taylor Swift fan: While Fearless (Taylor’s Version) makes its debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, making it her third new No. 1 album in less than a year, Swift is literally in the studio recording another album.
“Been in the studio all day recording the next one – it’s really so amazing what you all have done here,” Swift wrote on Sunday (April 18) as she retweeted and reacted to Billboard’s report that her re-recording of Fearless l
- DMX’s greatest hits compilation The Best of DMX soars from No. 73 (its prior peak) to No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart following the rapper’s death on Friday, April 9.
The set earned 77,000 equivalent album units (up 544%) in the U.S. in the week ending April 15, according to MRC Data.
Plus, two of DMX’s former No. 1 albums re-enter the chart — It’s Dark and Hell is Hot and Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood.
The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popul
- via nme.comRedman has announced the long-awaited sequel to his classic 1996 album ‘Muddy Waters’.READ MORE: 20 essential tracks from the golden age of ’90s hip-hopDue to arrive this summer, ‘Muddy Waters 2’ will follow the rapper’s VERZUZ battle with longtime rhyme partner Method Man. Billed as a “4/20 Special”, the virtual event takes place on Tuesday (April 20) to celebrate the international weed smoker’s holiday.
Redman accompanied the news of his fo
Marc Anthony Is Offering His Livestream Concert for Free After Technical Difficulties Nixed Original EventMarc Anthony’s much-touted and highly awaited “Marc Anthony Una Noche” livestream concert will now stream free of charge to fans on the singer’s YouTube channel.
The show, originally slated for April 17 on the Maestro platform, was canceled the night of after “overwhelming demand caused a complete collapse of the streaming platform,” according to a statement issued by Anthony at 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Fans worldwide had paid between $25 and $40 per ticket,
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!