As exercisers traded their gym memberships for at-home workout solutions during the pandemic, the fitness sector experienced unprecedented growth and far-reaching changes. Perhaps the most noteworthy of these changes, however, was the industry-wide embrace of music – and the associated career opportunities for creators. U.S. health club revenues suffered a 58 percent year-over-year dip in […]
The post Fitness Apps Are Using Indie Music to Revolutionize Workouts – With Ad
- Dublin-born singer-songwriter Ronan Keating has won “substantial damages” from The Sun publisher News Group Newspapers (NGN) over illegal phone-hacking operations executed by journalists at the now-defunct News of the World. The Boyzone member Ronan Keating took legal action against the News Corp subsidiary News Group Newspapers in April of last year, and outlets including Dublin-headquartered […]
The post Ronan Keating Wins ‘Substantial’ Damages from News Group Ne
Flashback: Stevie Nicks and Other Badass Women Pay Tribute to Linda Ronstadt at the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"She was marching through the halls of her high school going, ‘Everybody should be moving aside right now, because, "Don’t you know who I am? I’m Linda Ronstadt, future huge rock star," Nicks said
- Snoop Dogg has updated fans on his mother’s condition, as she continues to face a serious health battle.
The rapper’s mother Beverly Tate has been in hospital since May, with the exact nature of her condition unknown.
Snoop posted an update on Instagram yesterday (July 25), sharing a photo of himself and his brothers visiting Tate at the hospital.
“Happy Sunday me and my brothers went to c mama today and she opened up her eyes to c us and let us know she still fighting,”
DaBaby Injects Controversy Into Rolling Loud’s Final Night as Post Malone, Megan Thee Stallion Close It With a BangThe third and final day of Rolling Loud 2021 in Miami (July 25) didn’t skimp out on the fiery performances and major league appearances. Not only were fans treated to the crafty showmanship of hometown hero Rick Ross, but T-Pain’s flair and zany personality kept the party rocking too. And it wasn’t only the veterans who flexed their stage prowess: Today’s generation of stars — including Post Malone, Megan Thee Stallion, DaBaby, and Jack Harlow — steamrolled th
- When Spotify releases second-quarter earnings on Wednesday morning, the disclosure will arrive with the usual high expectations. The results could be surprising: while COVID-19 has led to greater-than-normal uncertainty, its revenue and subscription growth for 2020 were actually in line with pre-pandemic expectations.
Spotify’s guidance for Q2 of 2021 is as follows:Revenue: €2.16 to €2.36 billion euros
MAUs: 366 to 373 million
Paid subscribers: 162 to 166 millionHe
- Normani and Cardi B land in the Top Ten with their "Wild Side" collaboration
- Fever 333, Code Orange, and the Cherry Bombs will also appear at the autumn event
- Permission to dance, because BTS’ video for the “MIC Drop” remix by Steve Aoki has just reached a major milestone — it has surpassed the one billion views mark on YouTube.
The song was originally released as a B-side on Love Yourself: Her in September 2017, with the DJ’s remix arriving two months later in November as the second single from the EP.
In the visual for the EDM-heavy version of the song, the video opens with the DJ looking ominous, strolling into a bare
- Five-track project marks grime great's first solo release since 2019's Ignorance Is Bliss
- Lil Uzi Vert has reimplanted his $24million diamond back into his head after removing it last month.READ MORE: Lil Uzi Vert – ‘Eternal Atake’ review: this generation’s Lil Wayne embarks on a dizzying odyssey of soundThe rapper unveiled the new look in February and said that the pink rock is “10, almost 11 carats”, and also the most expensive purchase he has ever made.
Despite a representative for jeweller Elliott Eliantte claiming that the diamond was as &ldqu
- Grimes has revealed that she will be among the contributors on Lady Gaga‘s forthcoming ‘Chromatica’ remix album.READ MORE: Lady Gaga – ‘Chromatica’ review: pure pop celebration from an icon in a world of her ownShe revealed the news during a stream on her Discord server yesterday (July 26), saying that delays to the release allowed her to contribute.
“I missed the deadline but it got moved back so now we can do my monologue,” Grimes told fans.
- As the short-form video space heats up, Universal Music Group (UMG) just became the first major music company to globally license its catalog to Lomotif, a TikTok rival app founded in Singapore.
Through a new deal between the two companies announced today (July 26), Lomotif’s claimed 31 million monthly active users will be able to create video clips using songs from UMG’s music library, which includes superstars like Ariana Grande, The Weeknd and Drake. Since its founding in 2014, Lo
- Slipknot have announced a new date for their Knotfest event, with Bring Me The Horizon set to join the band in LA.
The one-day event will take place following the conclusion of the metal band’s Knotfest Roadshow, which will tour across North America from September to November.READ MORE: NME meets Slipknot’s Clown and Tortilla Man: “There’s been a lot of blood on stage”Set to operate in a similar fashion to the band’s previously announced Iowa Knotfest dat
‘It’s Been a Tough 16 Months For All of Us’: Four Dance Scene Promoters on the Return of Live Events“Unprecedented” has been a perhaps overused term since the beginning of the pandemic, but really, few other words properly describe the terrain that the live events industry found itself in as COVID-19 shut down the sector.
The dance scene was no exception to these closures and their extenuating (and often existential) challenges. While many artists and dance event brands transitioned to livestreaming during the pandemic, the dance scene arguably experienced particularly acute fallou
- Morgan Wallen has just sold his residence in Nashville where he was infamously filmed uttering the n-word, according to public real estate disclosures. Morgan Wallen has dumped the house made infamous by TMZ, according to public real estate disclosures. The former Wallen residence, located at 814B Horner Ave, Nashville, TN 37204, was sold on July […]
The post Morgan Wallen Sells the Home Where He Was Filmed Saying the N-Word appeared first on Digital Music News.
- From legends like Chaka Khan and Randy Newman to rising stars like Yola and Yasmin Williams, our favorite performances from the fest's first weekend
- Composer Eric Dubois recently landed a sync deal for a TAZO Tea Company commercial (featuring singer-songwriter SZA) after company higher-ups found his work on music licensing and distribution platform Songtradr. Now, Dubois has shed light on the process and his advice for fellow creators who are looking to secure placements of their own. The following […]
The post How I Landed a Juicy Sync Deal With SZA and TAZO appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Camila Cabello has responded to accusations that one of her backup dancers was wearing blackface during a recent performance.READ MORE: 21 geeky facts about Camila CabelloLast week (July 23), the pop star stopped by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to debut her new song, ‘Don’t Go Yet’. After the performance, she was met with a backlash after one of her dancers appeared to be wearing blackface.
Responding to the criticism in a social media post on Saturday (July 24), Cabe
- Halsey‘s fans have discovered a snippet of a new song believed to be by the singer in a new online game.READ MORE: The Big Read – Halsey: “I can be feminine and delicate but also really fucking dangerous”The track appears to be taken from ‘If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power’, Halsey’s forthcoming new album that is set for release next month.
The LXXXXP game, which can be played here, is a choose-your-own-adventure-style platform that encourages use
- It took a hella mega long time to happen, but on Saturday (July 24) the eagerly anticipated, twice-postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic three-headed Hella Mega Tour featuring Green Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy finally launched.
The first show of the summer stadium tour kicked off in Arlington, Texas, in front of a sold-out crowd of around 35,000 people, and it featured the headliners giving the fans what they wanted over nearly six hours, serving up a buffet of hits in front of one of the larg
- Travis Scott, Lil Baby, Megan Thee Stallion, Young Thug, and more were among the standouts at the Miami festival
- via music-news.comRepresentatives for Grimes and Azealia Banks have not yet commented on the developments.
- via music-news.comDylan Pearce was wearing a "terrible spray tan" while performing Don't Go Yet on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Most new dads are not in the position Ed Sheeran was in when his daughter was born. The singer was coming off the massively successful tour in support of his 2017 Divide album, which ran 260 shows and set world records for tour grosses with more than $776 million in receipts. With that kind of success, Sheeran told SiriusXM Hits 1 in a recent interview that he considered calling it a day and just being a stay-at-home dad.
But once Sheeran and wife Cherry Seaborn welcomed daughter Lyra in Septemb
- Gibson is getting into the record business.
Billboard has learned that the 127-year-old guitar maker is launching a new label, Gibson Records, out of Nashville. The venture includes a strategic partnership with BMG, which will provide label services and distribution for Gibson Records’ releases.
The inaugural release on the label will be the forthcoming album from Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators, which has been slated for release early next year.“It&rsq
- Black Peaks have announced that they are splitting up.
The Brighton four-piece, who released their last studio album ‘All That Divides’ back in 2018, made the announcement earlier today (July 26).READ MORE: Black Peaks – ‘All That Divides’ review“The time has come to bring Black Peaks to its close,” the band’s statement begins. “Over the past four years, we have dealt with some incredibly hard and demanding situations which we have done our a
- Mark Ronson has expressed regret over the way he treated Amy Winehouse while she was at the height of her addiction issues.
Ronson was one of the late singer’s most influential collaborators, having produced her seminal second album ‘Back to Black’ in 2006. However, their relationship took a sour turn when Winehouse accused Ronson of taking credit for her success with the record.READ MORE: The timeless influence of Amy Winehouse: “Her legacy is beyond comprehension&r
BTS’ Jungkook Talks Pressure of Following Up ‘Dynamite,’ Taking Billie Eilish Inspiration For Solo MixtapeWith great success comes great responsibility. That seems to be the case with BTS singer Jungkook, who in a new interview with Weverse magazine revealed that the K-pop group’s smash English-language success with the singles “Dynamite” and “Butter” have set what might be un unattainable standard.
“I was never attached to rankings, but as good as it is and as happy as I am since we’ve kept setting records since ‘Dynamite,’ it also feels like a
- Band is also set to drop first live album in 25 years, Northeast Corridor: Steely Dan Live!
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!