Death Cab For Cutie have released their recent ‘Georgia EP’ to streaming services – listen below.
The five-piece originally shared the collection via Bandcamp for a 24-hour period on December 24, with proceeds going towards the Georgia-based voters’ rights organisation Fair Fight.READ MORE: Death Cab For Cutie tell us about the meaning and making of ‘I Will Follow You Into The Dark’In celebration of the Democrats’ victory in the state’s runoff
- System Of A Down‘s Serj Tankian has hit out at Donald Trump for a last-minute order he gave while he was still US President, saying he’s “never seen a president suck so much cock”.
Trump left office yesterday (January 20) as Joe Biden was inaugurated as the 46th US President.
As Tankian revealed in a Facebook post, one of Trump’s last acts as president was to grant Turkey legal rights over indigenous property in the region, which includes the singer’s native A
- Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and John Legend were among the number of live performers who played during last night’s Celebrating America TV special to honour Joe Biden‘s presidential inauguration.
The show was broadcast in the US last night (January 20) following on from Biden’s inauguration as the 46th US President.
As well as performances from Bruce Springsteen and Foo Fighters, the likes of Perry, Timberlake and Legend all played live during the Tom Hanks-hosted Celebrating
- The 79-year-old legend sold the rights to his entire song catalogue - which includes songs that span his 60-year career -to the label in
- The hip-hop megastar was set to release 'Certified Lover Boy' this month, but he decided to push back the release because all
- Lil Wayne has shared his new song ‘Ain’t Got Time’ following on from being granted a full presidential pardon by Donald Trump this week – you can listen to the track below.
The rapper was among 140 people who were either granted pardons or had their sentences commuted by the former President before he left office yesterday (January 20).
Wayne had been facing up to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty in December to one count of illegal possession of a firearm and ammu
- Bruce Springsteen was among the performers who took part in last night’s Celebrating America TV special (January 20) to honour Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration – you can watch Springsteen perform ‘Land Of Hope and Dreams’ below.
Biden was officially inaugurated as the 46th US President yesterday, with the subsequent Celebrating America programme featuring performances from the likes of Foo Fighters, Demi Lovato and John Legend.Read more: Every single Bruce Spri
- Weezer have shared a new single, ‘All My Favorite Songs’, the first track to be released from their recently-announced album, ‘OK Human’.
The song and its accompanying music video, directed by Colin Read, make a pretty obvious criticism of the amount of time we spend on our phones and social media. The track also addresses themes of FOMO and anxiety with lyrics like “I love parties but I don’t go / Then I feel bad when I stay home”.
Watch the video for &
- Weezer have shared their new single ‘All My Favorite Songs’, the first track to be released from their forthcoming album ‘OK Human’.
The band only announced ‘OK Human’ earlier this month, and the record will arrive on January 29 with another album, ‘Van Weezer’, following a few months later on May 7.Read More: Weezer’s 10 best songs‘All My Favorite Songs’ and its accompanying music video, directed by Colin Read, make a pretty obvi
- Cardi B has befriended up and coming singer Olivia Rodrigo after joking about not having a driver's license.
- The widow of songwriter and theatre director Jacques Levy, who co-wrote seven songs on Bob Dylan’s 1976 album Desire, filed a $7.25 million lawsuit over Dylan’s blockbuster sale of his song catalog to Universal Music Group in December, according to court records obtained by Billboard. The catch is, Levy never owned any of the songs sold.
In the complaint, which was filed Wednesday (Jan. 20) in New York Supreme Court, Claudia Levy accuses Dylan and Universal of failing to pay Levy&rsq
- Hold on to your hard drives! Weezer will unleash their new album OK Human in just one week, but you can get an early taste in the form of the LP’s first single, released first thing Thursday (Jan. 21).
“All My Favorite Songs” dropped alongside an official music video, which opens with a teenager dejectedly scrolling on a Facebook-esque website called “OK Human Friends.” He comes across the profile of a girl his age and is pleasantly surprised when they’re able
- The Killers have teased the release of new music, sharing two brief snippets of the same song in a short Instagram live video.
In the clip, the band’s drummer, Ronnie Vannucci Jr., plays a short audio excerpt, before leading viewers around the group’s recording studio.
“That’s all you want, that’s all you get,” Vannucci says after playing four bars of the new song.
Later in the video, as Vannucci enters another part of the studio, more of the same unreleased t
- The Killers have teased the release of new music, sharing two brief snippets of the same song in a short Instagram Live broadcast.
In the clip archived from a January 20 livestream, the band’s drummer, Ronnie Vannucci Jr., plays a short audio excerpt, before leading viewers around the group’s recording studio.
“That’s all you want, that’s all you get,” Vannucci says after playing four bars of the new song.
Later in the video, as Vannucci enters another part of
- Foo Fighters performed remotely as part of Celebrating America, the TV special organised to mark the presidential inauguration of Joe Biden on January 20.
For their appearance, the band delivered a stirring rendition of their 2002 track, ‘Times Like These’.
Frontman Dave Grohl dedicated the performance to “all of our unshakeable teachers that continue to enlighten our nation’s kids every day”.
“This year, our teachers were faced with unprecedented challenges,
- Former U.S President Donald Trump pardoned Michael 'Harry O' Harris, an affiliate of Snoop Dogg, in his final day in office.
- If President Joe Biden’s inauguration had a theme, it was unity. So what better song for the Celebrating America primetime special honoring Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris than Tim McGraw and Tyler Hubbard’s new anthem “Undivided”?
Co-written by Florida Georgia Line’s Hubbard last fall, and released as a single last week, the song makes a plea for an end to the divisiveness that has corroded our national discourse.“When I was in quarantine with COVID-19
- Of course Katy Perry had to perform her 2010 smash hit song “Firework” as pyrotechnics burst behind the Washington Memorial as part of Wednesday’s (Jan. 20) Celebrating America primetime inauguration special.
The singer — dressed in an all-white evening gown with matching cape and beaded sleeves — performed form the steps of the Lincoln Memorial as fireworks shot across the sky above her. As she sang the standout track from her blockbuster third album Teenage Dream,
- Demi Lovato joined forces with healthcare workers across the country for the Wednesday (Jan. 20) evening Celebrating America broadcast, which followed President Joe Biden’s inauguration.
Lovato — rocking a short cropped pink hairdo and baggy business suit — sang Bill Withers’ iconic “Lovely Day,” demonstrating her effortless ability to hit show-stopping high notes and then drop immediately back into the groove of the song without missing a beat. Lovato’s
- John Legend continued with the upbeat mood with his performance at the “Celebrating America” concert as Inauguration Day wrapped up on Wednesday (Jan. 20).
The 11-time Grammy winner celebrated President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ inauguration by singing “Feeling Good,” which was made popular by Nina Simone in 1965, performing in front of the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Like Simone, Legend kicked off the song by letting his voca
- Puerto Rican stars Ozuna and Luis Fonsi took the (virtual) stage to perform “Taki Taki” and “Despacito” at the Celebrating America primetime special Wednesday night (Jan. 20).
The pair’s set was part of DJ Cassidy’s “Pass the Mic: Inaugural Edition” series, which he kicked off earlier Wednesday during the inauguration parade featuring Earth, Wind & Fire, Nile Rogers, and Kathy Sledge.
Ozuna kicked off the DJ’s set with an exuberant perfor
- Black Pumas brought a little Texas to “Celebrating America,” the primetime special in honor of the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
The Grammy-nominated group — who are up for three awards this year, including album of the year and record of the year — staged their song “Colors” from Austin, Texas.
“Congratulations to President Biden and Vice President Harris on this historic win, we hope you enjoy the music,” l
- Dave Grohl understands just how hard teachers work: As the Foo Fighters frontman said Wednesday night (Jan. 20) on Joe Biden’s Celebrating America primetime inauguration special, his mother, Virginia, was a public school teacher for 35 years. She was “a mentor for her students, remembered long after their graduation,” Grohl said.
For the special, the band was introduced by Mackenzie Adams, a kindergarten teacher who went viral for her high-energy virtual classes amid the C
- Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Ant Clemons and 10-time Grammy winner Justin Timberlake brought a soulful optimism to the Wednesday (Jan. 20) evening Celebrating America concert following the inauguration of Joe Biden as the 46th U.S. president.Timberlake and Clemons crooned their recent collaboration “Better Days” inside the iconic Stax Records in Memphis, which has housed a roster of icons from Otis Redding to Booker T. & the M.G.’s to Isaac Hayes over the years.
- Former AC/DC bassist Mark Evans has spoken in a new interview of past tensions between the Aussie rock legends and Black Sabbath.
The musician — who was played bass on hits such as ‘T.N.T.’, ‘High Voltage’, ‘Dirty Deeds Done Cheap’ and ‘Let There Be Rock’ during his stint with the band from 1975 to 1977 — featured on the latest episode of Let There Be Talk on January 17. During the episode, he dished the dirt on the ancient feud and oth
Jon Bon Jovi Reflects a Brighter Mood With ‘Here Comes the Sun’ at ‘Celebrating America’ Inauguration ConcertJon Bon Jovi delivered a sweet performance as part of the “Celebrating America” concert on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20. The rocker offered up an acoustic version of The Beatles’ tune “Here Comes the Sun,” reflecting the hopeful mood of many Americans as Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were sworn in as the new president and vice president of the United States earlier in the day.
“Little darling, it’s been a long cold lonely winter/ Little darling, it seems like
- Arlo Parks will preview her forthcoming debut album ‘Collapsed In Sunbeams’ track-by-track in a special livestream performance.Read more: Arlo Parks: “I feel like I’m 10 and 100 at once”The livestream – presented by London record store Rough Trade and broadcast exclusively on DICE – will give fans to chance to hear the indie-pop Londoner’s highly anticipated album in full ahead of its release on January 29.
Set to kick off On Friday January 22 at 1
- Arlo Parks will preview her forthcoming debut album ‘Collapsed In Sunbeams’ track-by-track in a special livestream.Read more: Arlo Parks: “I feel like I’m 10 and 100 at once”The livestream – presented by London record store Rough Trade and broadcast exclusively on DICE – will give fans to chance to hear the indie-pop Londoner’s highly anticipated album in full ahead of its release on January 29.
Set to broadcast today (January 21) at 8pm GMT, the l
- Bruce Springsteen opened the Celebrating America television special on Wednesday night (Jan. 20) following President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ historic inauguration.
The Boss performed his 2012 Wrecking Ball cut, “Land of Hope and Dreams” on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, with a guitar in hand. The song’s lyrics fit perfectly with the hopeful nature of the new presidential administration, with Springsteen assuring, “Leave be
- In the final hours of his presidency, Donald Trump issued a slew of last-minute pardons, including one for Lil Wayne.
The rapper, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, pleaded guilty in December to possessing a loaded weapon on a private jet while traveling to Miami. Carter is a convicted felon, stemming from a gun charge in 2007, which meant he was facing 10 years in prison at his Jan. 28 sentencing.
Ahead of the 2020 presidential election, Wayne endorsed Trump for President and co-sign
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!