- Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, Madison Beer, Daya and more artists have signed on to perform at The Noah Benardout Foundation's first annual...
- Ray BLK has shared a new track called ‘Dark Skinned’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Ray BLK: “I’m not going to conform. I’m going to be bossy; I’m going to flex”The powerful single is expected to feature on the London singer-songwriter’s forthcoming debut album, which will follow on from her eight-track ‘Empress’ project (released in 2018).
Explaining the meaning behind ‘Dark Skinned’ on Twitter upon its
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
From Disney classics to Billboard chart-toppers, the most popular karaoke songs these days span ages, genres and singing styles.
Karaoke company Singing Machine has released its list of the 20 most popular karaoke songs, based on tracks selected by its users. “Let It Go,” from Disney’s Frozen, tops the list, followed by Tones and I&r
- Hip-hop continues to evolve at a rate that only accelerates over time. And while various circumstances dictated past and present developments in hip-hop’s timeline, rising MCs such as Kenny Mason represent a rare group of artists who take it to another level, as evidenced in his newest album, Angelic Hoodrat: Supercut.
Released last month, Angelic Hoodrat: Supercut is a continuation of his 2020 effort Angelic Hoodrat, and witnesses him further exploring the sounds and influe
- The 2021 ASCAP Experience will kick off next week with a heavyweight one-on-one featuring Greg Kurstin and Dave Grohl.
Hitmaker Kurstin and Grohl, the Hall of Fame inducted Nirvana drummer and Foo Fighters frontman, will open proceedings with a virtual conversation, starting Wednesday, May 12 from 3pm ET.
Expect the two friends and collaborators to rattle off tales on songwriting, inspiration, their big breaks and more.
As a songwriter and producer, Kurstin is at the very top of his game. H
- Megan Thee Stallion is set to be the focus of a new online reality show, Off Thee Leash With Megan Thee Stallion.READ MORE: Megan Thee Stallion: “I’m really working on my dynasty right now”As Complex reports, the ‘Good News’ rapper’s unscripted project will come as part of the expanded Snapchat Originals series from Snap Inc.
“[Megan will] be joined by celebrity friends and their pets hosted in a way that only Megan can,” an official synopsis
- Pop Evil returns to No. 1 on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Airplay chart with “Breathe Again,” which rules the tally dated May 8.
The song becomes Pop Evil’s sixth Mainstream Rock Airplay leader and first since March 2018, when “Waking Lions” crowned the tally for one frame.
The band, which formed in Michigan in 2001, first led with the four-week No. 1 “Trenches” in 2013.Concurrently, “Breathe Again” bullets at its No. 20 high on the all-
- AEG Presents is forming Climate Positive Touring, a team of music industry professionals dedicated to moving the live business towards a greener future.
CPT is comprised of staffers who work across various AEG Presents divisions, including Concerts West, Global Touring, International Touring, Marshall Arts, Messina Touring Group, and Global Partnerships.
The group is focused on reducing tour related carbon emissions to net zero or better, supporting locally led environmental operations
- Ashnikko has announced a new run of live dates in the UK and Ireland.
The ‘Demidevil’ singer will stop off in London, Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow throughout December, with tickets going on general sale from 10am tomorrow (May 7).READ MORE: Ashnikko is the Miley Cyrus-approved bubblepunk pop-star who refuses to take herself seriouslyThe dates, which include stop-offs at the 02 Forum Kentish Town and Manchester’s 02 Ritz, can be viewed in full below.
I'M GOING ON A REAL L
- On May 6, 2006, Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles’ “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” spent its first of two weeks atop Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
Co-penned by Jon Bon Jovi and longtime bandmate Richie Sambora, the song was released on Bon Jovi’s 2005 album Have a Nice Day. While country radio gravitated to the duet version, pop and adult formats played Bon Jovi’s solo take (with both included on the LP). The song also hit the top 10 on Adult Pop Airplay
- One of summer’s staple events, Milwaukee’s epic Summerfest, is back this year with a packed lineup after taking 2020 off due to the global coronavirus pandemic. After canceling for the first time in its 53-year history, organizers announced the star-studded roster of acts slated to perform over three weekends: Sept. 2-4, 9-11 and 16-18.
The nation’s biggest music festival will feature headline sets in the 23,000-capacity American Family Insurance Amphitheater from Miley Cyrus,
- Ellie Goulding and Caspar Jopling welcomed their son on 29 April.
- Rebel Music and Geffen Records have linked with Big Machine Label Group’s Valory Music Co. imprint to promote developing country artist Kidd G, the companies tell Billboard.
“When we partnered with Kidd G last year, we knew it would take a special team to help him build his unique fanbase around the world,” said Jay Sang, founder/CEO of Miami-based label and management company Rebel Music. “With Geffen and Big Machine Label Group on board with us, he has a true dream team
- Victoria Beckham has recalled the time Beyoncé told her that she was “inspired” by the Spice Girls.
Appearing on the latest edition of the Breaking Beauty podcast (released May 5), the singer turned fashion designer – aka Posh Spice – spoke about her experience of crossing paths with Queen Bey.READ MORE: Spice Girls: their 10 best songs, ranked“I met Beyoncé a few years ago, and she actually said to me, ‘It was the Spice Girls that inspired me an
- Conan O’Brien has been a staple of late night TV for nearly three decades. The longest tenured host in the wee hours — who began his run in 1993 when he took over the Late Show on NBC from David Letterman — recently announced that he’s wrapping up his TBS show on June 24 before moving to HBO Max. He’s clearly an icon, but that doesn’t mean the towering carrot top is a global superstar.
“I gotta say, when you go through a change like this, it gets a guy t
- Ari Lennox signed an exclusive global administration deal with Warner Chappell Music covering her existing and future work.
“There’s so much to be said about Ari and her music, but her artistic drive is what truly sets her apart. She’s spent the last seven years working towards this moment, and I’m looking forward to the many successes I know we’ll share with her and the Dreamville team,” said Ryan Press, president of A&R at Warner Chappell Music.
- There haven’t been a lot of upsides to the pandemic, particularly where live music is concerned. But long-running rock legend Steve Miller did find one silver lining to being forced off the road.
“Back when I was a kid, when ‘The Joker’ was a hit and I was touring, I thought, ‘oh, when I get to be 50 years old, I’m gonna have all the time in the world [to go through my old tapes]’ … and I kept putting stuff in this warehouse,” Miller says in
- HEALTH have teamed up with Nine Inch Nails on new collaborative single ‘Isn’t Everyone’, which marks the first release from the LA noise rockers since the arrival of their fifth album ‘Disco4:Part 1’ last year.
The new effort from the band sees NIN’s Trent Reznor on mixing duties and marks the first time the two have worked together.
“It’s fucking Nine Inch Nails. That speaks for itself. You don’t need a clever quote to encapsulate it,”
- EXIT Festival has added 20 new artists to the line-up for their 2021 event.
Set to return this year following the cancellation of the 2020 festival due to the coronavirus pandemic, EXIT 2021 will be held at the Petrovaradin Fortress in Novi Sad, Serbia from July 8-11.READ MORE: 10 brilliant UK festivals to look forward to this summerEXIT, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, have already secured the likes of David Guetta, Metronomy and Four Tet to play at this summer’s fest
- Bobby Gillespie and Jehnny Beth have shared their second collaborative single, ‘Chase It Down’ – you can hear the new track below.
The song is taken from the duo’s upcoming joint album ‘Utopian Ashes’, which is set for release on July 2.READ MORE: Soundtrack Of My Life: Jehnny Beth‘Chase It Down’ serves as the opening track on the new album and introduces the record’s narrative about “a withering marriage”.
The song feat
Here’s What the ‘American Idol’ Top 7 Are Performing For Their Mother’s Day Dedication & Coldplay Song: ExclusiveBillboard has an exclusive first look at the list of songs the American Idol top seven will sing on Sunday night’s (May 9) “Coldplay Songbook & Mother’s Day Dedication” episode. The live two-hour episode will find the semifinalists performing a song dedicated to their loved ones in honor of Mother’s Day, as well as a second tune from the Coldplay catalog.
The contestants — Chayce Beckham, Caleb Kennedy, Grace Kinstler, Casey Bishop, Willie Spence, Hunter M
- In 2019, Sara Bareilles accomplished what she had previously thought of as a career “impossibility”: she headlined the Hollywood Bowl on a chilly November night, with her name atop the vaunted Los Angeles venue’s marquee for the very first time. She never could have imagined that the next time she would set foot on the same stage, it would be in front of 17,000-plus empty seats amid a global pandemic.
But even though the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter couldn’t bring her
- Berlin’s clubs could soon receive cultural protection after an almost unanimous vote was made in favour of changing the status of the city’s live venues from entertainment sites to cultural sites.
According to the Live Musik Kommission, an overwhelming majority vote was achieved in favour of the proposal yesterday (May 5) and it will now be presented to the German federal government for final consent tomorrow (May 7).
The landmark move follows a year of campaigning from the multi-par
- The Royal Mail is rolling out a set of 12 special stamps honoring Sir Paul McCartney, including eight that spotlight album covers that define his career. The stamps will be released on May 28 and will feature a set of eight with the artwork from Macca’s solo albums, from his self-titled 1970 debut to last year’s McCartney III.
The other four stamps are collected on miniature sheets that cover three decades of McCartney’s solo career. “Paul McCartney remains a vital figure
- Rag'n'Bone Man has opened up about a "reclusive" period in his life and the importance of showing your feelings.
- OneRepublic have shared the latest single from their hotly-anticipated album, 'Human', 'Run'.
- Jack Savoretti has announced his seventh studio album, 'Europiana', and released the new track, 'Who's Hurting Who', featuring Nile Rodgers.
- Gary Barlow has recruited an all-star band for his upcoming BBC One music show, 'I'm With The Band', featuring the likes of Jamie Cullum, James Bay and Tom Fletcher of McFly.
- A clip from Sky Arts’ Suede: Coming Up documentary is available to watch exclusively on NME.READ MORE: It’s time we recognised the genius of SuedeIn footage from the Classic Albums docuseries, which airs tomorrow (May 7), we see members of the band discuss the energy of Simon Gilbert’s drumming on what would become the band’s international breakthrough album.
“Simon’s always been, I think, really underrated in the Suede sound. Simon injected a kind of post-pun
- Ed Sheeran has been revealed as the shirt sponsor for Ipswich Town’s kits next season.
The Suffolk-based pop giant has signed a one-year deal to sponsor the League One outfit’s kits after shelling out an undisclosed figure that is described as a “significant investment”.
The cryptic logo on the shirts could also hint at new material, with a series of mathematical symbols featuring alongside the word “tour”.
“The football club is a big part of the lo
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!