- via music-news.comCardi B has confessed she suffered from low self-esteem due to her slim build.
- Before they had to go their own way again, High School Musical co-stars Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens came together for the first time in nearly a year.
“It’s taken 9 months but safely we got a picture before my girl left again. Love you @VanessaHudgens,” Tisdale captioned their picture, which shows Hudgens hugging her baby bump.
“I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUUUCCCCH,” Hudgens commented underneath her Instagram post, to which Tisdale replied, &l
- DJ 3LAU has set a new sales record for NFT sales at auction – $11.6 million for 33 non-fungible tokens. The auction of 33 NFTs was a celebration of the three-year anniversary of 3LAU’s Ultraviolet album. NFTs are quickly gaining traction in the music industry as a way to reward a group’s most dedicated fans. […]
The post DJ 3LAU Breaks Sales Records with $11.6M in Sales During NFT Auction appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Lil Baby enlists up-and-coming Louisville rapper EST Gee for his latest “Real As It Gets” music video.
The two count up their respective stacks while rolling with a large entourage before debating where to keep rolling in the Caleb Jermale-directed video. Before wrapping his lyric about being impatient, someone discusses shooting one more scene, to which Lil Baby nonchalantly replies, “We finna shoot it right here.”
The 26-year-old rapper is showing no sign
- Natti Natasha has joined forces with three other Latina artists to bring to life “Las Nenas,” an unapologetic perreo about women empowerment out Thursday (March 4).
Teaming up with Colombia’s Farina, Argentina’s Cazzu, and Puerto Rico newcomer La Duraca, Natti is out to send an important message.
“This is the first time that four girls collaborate in the urban genre. I’m proud to be taking that flag,” the Dominican artist tells Billboard. “I feel t
- Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced that New York music venues will be allowed to reopen next month at 33 percent capacity, with a maximum of 100 attendees for indoor establishments and a 200-guest limit for outdoor venues. New York’s 56th governor revealed the updated live-event attendance caps in a series of social-media posts today. And […]
The post Governor Cuomo Allows New York Music Venues to Reopen at 33% Capacity appeared first on Digital Music News.
- BTS have been named the best selling act of 2020.READ MORE: BTS – ‘BE (Deluxe Edition)’ review: a sensitive, stunning document of pandemic lifeThe K-pop outfit topped the IFPI poll – the organisation that represents the global recorded music industry, based on worldwide sales, downloads and streams.
They are the first non-Western act to win, and the first whose songs are not predominantly sung in English.
They beat Taylor Swift, who took the crown in 2019, into second pla
- BTS were named the 2020 IFPI Global Recording Artist of the Year, an annual honor that recognizes an act’s worldwide popularity across streaming and sales, including vinyl, downloads and CDs. But which of the IFPI’s Top 10 Global Recording Artists is your favorite?
The K-pop boy band set a benchmark by becoming the first award-winning act to perform primarily in a language other than English as well as the first South Korean and first Asian act to take the title.
- Jack Harlow has some big stages coming up, from his Saturday Night Live debut on March 27 to him and Quavo going up against 2 Chainz and Lil Baby for a star-studded two-on-two game of hoops for Bleacher Report’s Open Run this Saturday during All-Star Weekend. But on Wednesday, Harlow and his backing band went small, taking over a Los Angeles living room with vintage furniture and plenty of greenery for his Tiny Desk (Home) Concert.
Live instrumentation and backup singers gro
- Eight years after they formally broke up, The Mars Volta have posted a mysterious six-second teaser video to social media.
The clip was shared via Clouds Hill Music, a recording studio in Hamburg, Germany that Mars Volta guitarist Omar Rodriguez-Lopez has called his “second home”. In 2020, he released a triple solo album called ‘The Clouds Hill Tapes’.
It features ambient sound from ‘Son Et Lumiere’, the opening track to the band’s debut album ‘Del
- Andrew Ripp’s debut single “Jericho” rises 2-1 on Billboard’s Christian Airplay chart dated March 6.
It the tracking week ending Feb. 28, the song, which Ripp wrote with Ethan Hulse, increased by 3% to 10.1 million audience impressions, according to MRC Data.“‘Jericho’ is the result of trying less and trusting more,” Ripp tells Billboard. “I took a two-year break from music to let go of my dream and make room for something new. This gave me n
- The Strokes have teased a behind the scenes video from ‘The Adults Are Talking’.Read more: The Strokes: “Journalists kiss your ass to your face and talk shit when they’re writing the article”The New York band shared the official Roman Coppola-directed video for the single, taken from their acclaimed sixth album ‘The New Abnormal‘ released last December, which saw them taking on robots at baseball.
Now they’ve taken to Twitter to tease that &ld
- Jubin Nautiyal returns to the Billboard Global Excl. U.S. chart as “Lut Gaye,” featuring fellow Indian artist Emraan Hashmi, debuts at No. 104 on the March 6-dated list. In the week ending Feb. 25, the Hindi-language song logged 26.8 million streams and sold 500 downloads outside the U.S., according to MRC Data.
Nautiyal previously charted alongside Neha Kakkar when their duet “Taaron Ke Shehar” ranked at No. 193 for a week in October.
“Lut Gaye” is so far the
- Daft Punk registered tremendous gains on Billboard’s dance/electronic charts (dated March 6) following their breakup announcement Feb. 22.
The helmeted French DJ duo place four titles on the Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart, including a re-entry at No. 1 with 2001’s Discovery, and land six songs in the upper half of the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, including their classics “Get Lucky,” featuring Pharrell Williams (No. 6), and “One More Time” (No. 9)
- Hours after dropping their new single “Selfish Love” on Thursday (March 4), Selena Gomez and DJ Snake premiered the track’s music video, directed by award-winning filmmaker Rodrigo Saavedra.
The trippy clip finds SelGo working at a house of mirrors disguised as a beauty salon that will make men think twice before stepping in to get a haircut.
“Selfish Love” will appear on Gomez’s upcoming first-ever Spanish EP Revelación, due March 12. Ea
- For such a high-profile couple, it sounds like Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian are surprisingly grounded.
The Blink-182 drummer zoomed into The Drew Barrymore Show on Thursday (March 4) to talk about doing more producing (like he did on Machine Gun Kelly’s Billboard 200 No. 1 album Tickets to My Downfall last year) and starting his own cannabinoid-infused Barker Wellness line. And when Barrymore asked for a bit of dating advice — should she seek out other single
- The federal government has announced an amendment to the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant — previously the Save Our Stages Act — that will allow entities to apply to both the SVOG and Paycheck Protection Program 2.
If passed as part of President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 relief package, the rule change would amend the venue aid package signed into law in late December, barring venues planning to apply for the SVOG from also applying for a second round of PPP funds. The decision
- Rising Canadian musician Tate McRae has announced plans for a new EP and shared her next single ‘slower’.READ MORE: Five things we learned from our In Conversation video chat with Tate McRaeThe track, which you can listen to below, follows ‘r u ok’ which came out last December.
Both will feature on her new EP ‘too young to be sad’ along with previous releases ‘you broke me first’, ‘rubberband’ and two new tracks.
It will be released via
- Nio García and Casper Mágico earn their first No. 1 on the Latin Airplay chart as “Travesuras” takes over atop the March 6 survey.
The urban/old-school merengue track soars 8-1 with a 43% boost in audience impressions, to 9 million, earned in the week ending Feb. 28, according to MRC Data.
With the chart’s new champ, the pair scores their highest-ranking entry on the list, besting the No. 2 high of “Te Boté,” with Darell, Nicky Jam, Ozuna a
- Edwin Luna y La Trakalosa de Monterrey score their third No. 1 on the Regional Mexican Airplay chart (dated March 6) as “Saludos a Mi Ex” jumps 3-1 in its 15th week on the list.
The song, written by Salvador Aponte, César Valdivia and Edwin Luna, rises with 6.3 million in audience impressions, up 20%, earned in the week ending Feb. 28, according to MRC Data.
“This new No. 1 took us by surprise,” Luna tells Billboard. “It’s a good energy conductor for me
- Sony Music Publishing’s Latin division has entered into an exclusive multi-year worldwide publishing agreement with Colombian brothers and hitmakers Manuel and Julian Turizo. Recording artist Manuel Turizo, who is signed to Sony US Latin, broke out with 2017’s “Una Lady Como Tu” and has released a string of hits since, co-written with brother Julián. Most recently, “La Nota,” featuring Myke Towers and Rauw Alejandro, peaked at No. 3 on Billboard’s
- BBC Radio 1 is offering new and emerging acts the chance to perform in the Live Lounge.
The station has this week launched its Live Lounge Introducing competition, which “undiscovered” artists can enter by submitting a track via the BBC Music Introducing Uploader.
Those who fancy their chances can apply from 10am on March 13 until 11:59pm on March 20. A winner will be selected after the songs have been reviewed by a panel of industry experts.Read More: Clara Amfo on her favourite eve
- Megan Thee Stallion is working with the National Association of Christian Churches (NACC) Disaster Services and U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee to rebuild her Houston hometown.
The hip-hop megastar is specifically raising funds to rebuild and repair homes for senior citizens and single mothers at no cost following Texas’ recent freeze. She enlisted the help of the local nonprofit organization responsible for offering emergency services to those recovering from national dis
David Crosby Forced to Sell His Entire Catalog Because Concerts Are Canceled and Streaming Doesn’t Pay — “This Deal Is a Blessing”In December, The Byrds cofounder David Crosby revealed preliminary plans to sell his catalog because of touring’s pandemic-prompted pause and because “streaming stole my record money.” Now, the 79-year-old has officially cashed in on his music IP, calling the corresponding deal “a blessing.” David Crosby sold his publishing and recorded catalogs to Irving Azoff’s Iconic […]
The post David Crosby Forced to Sell His Entire Catalog Because Concerts Are Can
- Despite the male-dominated Latin music industry, many women are part of the growing wave of talented girls in the biz.
Not afraid to change the game, pen their feelings in their music, and drop unfiltered, relatable tunes, women such as Thalia, Shakira, Ivy Queen and Karol G have used their platforms to empower women and inspire young girls around the world to follow their dreams.
In honor of Women’s History Month, Billboard put together a list of the last 15 albums by Latin women to
- An Alabama rapper was arrested in connection with the shooting at a Roddy Ricch music video set last week. OMB Peezy was arrested on Monday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He was also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Digital Music News reported on the […]
The post Alabama Rapper Arrested in Connection with Roddy Ricch Music Video Shooting appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Steve Albini has hit out at Joe Rogan and “all the anti-woke comics” in a new interview.
The producer/engineer was speaking to Oxbow frontman Eugene Robinson last month for the singer’s ‘5 Easy Pieces’ feature, which saw Albini label podcaster Rogan as “trash garbage”.Read More: From the mixing desk of Steve Albini – five essential albumsClaiming that some forms of transgressive art are “just a veneer used to justify being a fucking creep&rdq
- On Thursday (March 4), Britney Spears celebrated boyfriend Sam Asghari’s birthday with a pair of squeaky new videos.
In the clips, posted on Spears’ Instagram, she and Asghari take turns wiping their faces on a glass shower wall along to her Grammy-winning hit “Toxic” to mimic the iconic eerie high-pitched strings in the pre-chorus.
“Happy birthday to the man that always makes me laugh!!!!! Who did it better ????” Spears captioned the him vs. he
- Ava Max walks the seductive line between what’s wrong but feels so right in her spunky “My Head & My Heart” music video, and the 27-year-old singer served some serious looks.
From mini crop tops showing off her enviable abs to red mesh, glitter, leather and more, Ava completed all her outfits with a trendy pair of sneakers. In a new behind-the-scenes video for the clip, she’s seen wearing a chunky pair of black-and-white Skechers D’Lites Biggest Fan.
- via music-news.comIan Brown has been replaced by James.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!