BLACKPINK’s Lisa is reportedly set to release new music next month.READ MORE: Watch iKON cover BLACKPINK’s ‘Pretty Savage’, featuring LisaDuring a recent episode of the MBC reality show Hangout with Yoo, host Yoo Jae-suk brought up Lisa, as well as girl group Lovelyz, while listing artists that would be making a comeback in July. The K-pop idols’ respective agencies, YG Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment, have yet to confirm the releases.
Yoo mentioned the arti
- Morgan Wallen made a surprise appearance at Luke Bryan’s headlining concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on Friday night (July 30).
Appearing alongside Bryan, Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard during an acoustic segment of the show, the embattled 28-year-old country music star — who was caught on video earlier this year using the N-word — performed his songs “More Than My Hometown” and “Whiskey Glasses” to the roaring
- Chinese-Canadian pop star Kris Wu has been detained on suspicion of rape, police in China have confirmed in a statement.
The former member of K-pop group EXO has been accused of date rape and preying on underage girls by his rumoured 19-year-old ex-girlfriend, Du Meizhu.
The Washington Post reported earlier this month (July 21) that 24 alleged victims had made accusations against Wu, 30, on Chinese social media. He has vehemently denied all allegations.
In a statement posted on Weibo, a Chinese
- "It is important that we ensure the right for EVERY American to vote and vote safely," singer says ahead of Poor People's Campaign march
- A Zydeco musician was shot in the back while performing at an event in central Louisiana, his wife said in a statement posted early Saturday (July 31) on Facebook.
Chris Ardoin was performing as the Friday headliner at Zydeco Bike Fest when he was shot, his wife, Kerri, posted on his official Facebook page at 3:36 a.m.
“Yes, unfortunately tonight he did get shot in the back on his right side while on stage,” she wrote. “Doctors said thankfully he’s a built guy. The bullet
- Taylor Swift rarity ‘Ronan’ will feature on the tracklist of ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’, according to the mother of the boy the pop star wrote it about.
‘Ronan’ was previously released as an iTunes-only song and was about a four-year-old boy called Ronan Thompson, who died from cancer.READ MORE: Taylor Swift’s new ‘Fearless’ is a success, but beware the dangers of the re-recordHis mother Maya was credited as a co-writer on the song,
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week.
Bad Bunny Gives Back
In 2020, Bad Bunny joined forces with Cheetos for its “Deja Tu Huella” campaign, a new multi-platform initiative designed to rally the next generation to leave their mark in their culture and to overall, celebrate and help lift up the Latino co
- Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter is set to provide the score for a new ballet called Mythologies, it has been announced.
The project is Bangalter’s first since Daft Punk announced they were parting ways in February 2021.READ MORE: An audience with the robots: an NME writer’s encounter with Daft PunkMythologies will be co-produced by Opéra National de Bordeaux and Ballet Preljocal. It will take place over 90 minutes and will, according to a translation, tackle the &ldquo
- Billie Eilish has opened up about body image again and worrying how people perceive her, saying it’s “such a loss to always try to look good”.
The pop star is known for wearing baggy and oversized clothes, which she previously explained was to try to keep the focus away from her body.READ MORE: Billie Eilish – ‘Happier Than Ever’ review: an artist secures her status as a generational greatSpeaking in a new interview, Eilish discussed people’s insecu
- Chinese-Canadian pop star Kris Wu has been detained by Beijing police on suspicion of rape, police announced Saturday (July 31), following an accusation the former member of the Korean boy band EXO lured young women into sexual relationships.
Wu, 30, earlier was accused by a teenager of having sex with her while she was drunk. Wu denied the accusation.
The teenager said seven other women contacted her to say Wu seduced them with promises of jobs and other opportunities. She said some were under
- Before Tyler, the Creator even took the stage for his headlining set on day two of Lollapalooza — the same day the city reinstated its indoor mask policy, which the festival is adhering to for its few covered spaces — it was clear he was going to put on a show from the props alone: some boulders, a boat, a locked chest and a signpost reading “call me if you get lost,” nodding to his latest studio album.
And when he walked on stage, they multiplied, as the artist — d
- Lorde has shared a new live video of her performing ‘Solar Power’ on a blustery rooftop in New York with Jack Antonoff.
The song is the title track of the star’s upcoming second album and the performance follows another rooftop rendition of it that Lorde performed for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.READ MORE: Lorde’s new song ‘Solar Power’ is a gorgeous, sun-kissed rebirthIn the new video, Lorde and Antonoff – who produced ‘Solar Power &nd
- The Staples Center came back to life on Friday (July 30) after 513 days since the last concert there, thanks to regional Mexican band Grupo Firme, who kicked off their historic run at the Los Angeles arena with their first (of seven) full-capacity, sold-out show.
If it weren’t for the masks on people’s faces, it seemed like any other pre-pandemic night, with crowds congregating outside Staples waiting for doors to open while also getting last-minute group photos before head
- Wallen, who was filmed using a racial slur in February, is met with open arms by Nashville crowd, headliner Bryan and guests Jason Aldean and Tyler Hubbard
- Chicago fest announces remaining two days will require masks in indoor settings
- To celebrate the show's return, we look back at its greatest moments – from Jay-Z to Nirvana
- "Dusty gave me the directive" for band to continue on, Billy Gibbons tells Tuscaloosa audience
- The Weeknd has teased the arrival of the next phase of his career by stripping his Instagram of all content including his profile picture.READ MORE: The biggest moments from The Weeknd’s Super Bowl half-time showThe Canadian singer-songwriter (real name Abel Tesfaye) has been teasing a new phase since the end of his ‘After Hours’ era.
He released his acclaimed fourth studio album, which features the hits ‘Heartless’, ‘Save Your Tears’, and ‘Blindin
- Sublime’s Bud Gaugh has claimed that he had a small hand in Travis Barker joining Blink-182.READ MORE: Blink-182 – ‘Nine’ review: the spiritual follow-up to the classic ‘Untitled’Barker joined the band in 1998, after they fired founding drummer Scott Raynor midway through their summer tour in support of second album ‘Dude Ranch’. According to Gaugh, he foresaw the move and put the idea in Barker’s head.
Speaking in a new interview to celebrat
- West originally premiered the record — which features Lil Baby, Pusha T, Don Toliver, and more — on July 22nd
- Drake has confirmed that his long-awaited sixth album, ‘Certified Lover Boy’, is finally finished and on the way.READ MORE: Drake – ‘Scary Hours 2’ EP review: title defender sounds ready to challenge himself againThe rapper has been teasing the record for some time and was originally scheduled to release it in January 2021. Since postponing that release, Drake has been keeping fans regularly updated on the project.
Earlier this month, Drizzy revealed
- Sir Elton John has postponed the first two weeks of his farewell tour shows until 2023 as he is waiting for Germany to allow full capacity crowds.
- ZZ Top‘s Billy Gibbons has opened up about former bandmate Dusty Hill’s health struggles prior to his death earlier this week.
News of the bassist’s passing was confirmed on Wednesday (July 28) by the group’s longtime rep, who said that Hill died at home in his sleep. No cause of death has yet been revealed.
“We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX,” remaining ZZ Top members Gibbons a
- Joan Armatrading has shared the story of how her Nelson Mandela tribute song 'The Messenger' came to her in a dream.
- Annie Mac said goodbye to her BBC Radio 1 listeners last night (July 30) with her final Future Sounds show, ending her 17-year run at the station.READ MORE: Annie Mac’s bidding farewell to Radio 1 after 17 years. Here’s why we’ll miss herThe DJ announced her departure back in April, explaining that she wanted to devote more time to seeing her children and working on new projects.
Delivering her final link on last night’s show, Mac began by saying that she was do
- Prince told Kat Graham that his favourite artist was himself.
- Billie Eilish boasts over 88 million followers on Instagram.
- 'Everything's Waiting For You' singer Tom Speight will pop Queen Elizabeth on the guestlist for his next London gig.
- Ed Sheeran's new album will both "surprise and comfort" people, according to his manager.
- Not one to shy away from an alt-rock cover, Miley Cyrus recently performed a medley of her song ‘We Can’t Stop’ and the Pixies‘ ‘Where Is My Mind?’ for Chicago’s Lollapalooza.
Headlining day one of the event on Thursday (July 29), Cyrus opened her set with the 2013 single, before blending seamlessly into the Pixies’ 1988 classic. A fan managed to capture the medley in a video, which also shows the number of people gathered at the festival’s f
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!