- Arlo Parks has praised the BRIT Awards for recognising “the diversity and breadth of the music that women create” in their nominations this year, as four of the five Best Album nominees are women.
- Phoenix have teased that an album is in the works by sharing a snippet of new music.
‘Loop N°02’ reads the caption of an Instagram video of bandmembers playing a previously unheard piece of music. The caption also reads “#7”, which appears to refer to their seventh album. Phoenix’s last record, 2017’s ‘Ti Amo’, was their sixth to date.
The band also shared ‘Loop N°01’ last month, which was an up-close video clip of a distorted g
- Chicago indie pop band Beach Bunny have teamed up with Tegan And Sara for a new version of their song ‘Cloud 9’.READ MORE: ‘We’re more traditional siblings than people imagine”: Tegan and Sara on their revealing new memoir High SchoolThe original version of the track was released on Beach Bunny’s debut album ‘Honeymoon’ last year.
Recently, the song has gone viral, scoring more than 2million streams a day on Spotify and featuring in the platfo
Taylor Swift makes chart history overtaking The Beatles to score third Number 1 album in under a yearTaylor Swift rewrites UK Official Chart history this week as her rerecorded album Fearless (Taylor’s Version) lands at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart
- Lil Nas X holds on to Number 1 with Montero (Call Me By Your Name), marking three weeks at the top of the Official Singles Chart.
- Glastonbury Festival has added two extra broadcasts of its livestreamed ‘Live At Worthy Farm’ event on May 22, with fans now able to watch Coldplay, Haim and others on May 23.READ MORE: Everything we know so far about festival season 2021‘Live At Worthy Farm’ is described as a “five-hour journey through all of those spots that you know from Worthy Farm”, with performances from Coldplay, Haim, Damon Albarn, Wolf Alice, Kano, Michael Kiwanuka, Jorja Smith and ID
- We don’t know who will take home trophies at Sunday’s ACM Awards, but we know a few dozen country superstars who will take the stage.
The night’s hosts — Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton — are set to perform at the show too. And a few acts will pull double-duty: Miranda Lambert is set to open the show with Elle King for “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)” while also joining her Marfa Tapes collaborators Jack Ingram and Jon Randall for a performan
The Offspring’s Dexter Holland on the Rock Stalwarts’ Return — And Why It’s Ready to ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’Since its debut on the Billboard charts in 1994, The Offspring has become one of that decade’s most lasting rock acts. Over the course of nearly three decades, the pop-punk pioneers and road warriors not only finished out a seven-album major label contract but kept making music far beyond it, retaining a radio presence along with their senses of sanity and humor.Led by iron-lunged vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Dexter Holland, The Offspring broke thro
- Taylor Swift has today (April 16) made UK chart history after her re-recorded album ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’, reached number one in the charts.READ MORE: Taylor Swift – ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ review: a celebration of the star’s breakout albumThe Official Charts Company confirmed that Swift had earned her third number one album in under a year (259 days) making her the first artist to have the fastest accumulation of three number one alb
- Paul Weller has reflected on the time he got to record a Beatles song with Paul McCartney as part of the supergroup The Smokin’ Mojo Filters.READ MORE: Paul McCartney – ‘McCartney III: Imagined’ review: Macca shines with a little help from his friendsThe band consisted of Weller, McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Ocean Colour Scene’s Steve Cradock, Young Disciples’ Carleen Anderson and The Style Council’s Steve White.
The musicians came together in 1995 to
- The 2021 Latin AMAs featured show-stopping performances by Karol G and Mariah Angeliq, Ozuna, Eslabon Armado, Ricky Martin and Carlos Vives, among many others, helping deliver a night to remember.
The sixth edition of the ceremony took place Thursday (April 15) live from the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida where Bad Bunny was the biggest winner of the night taking home five awards including artist of the year. He was followed by Karol who took three including song of the year thanks to the N
- Nearly 300 individuals who attended the ill-fated Fyre Festival are set to receive up to $7,220 payments from a class-action court settlement – though the precise compensation amount remains unclear and could end up being far less than the figure. Attorneys for the Fyre Festival estate as well as counsel for 277 individuals who purchased […]
The post Are Fyre Festival Attendees Really Getting $7,220 Each? A Look at the Legal Fine Print appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Billboard has your exclusive look at the iconic songs the top 12 will sing on Sunday night’s (April 18) American Idol episode, which will pay tribute to Oscar-nominated classics.
The dozen semi-finalists will sing their favorite Academy Award-worthy tracks for a chance to advance into the top nine in the two-hour showdown on ABC, kicking off at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Their choices range from the rousing anthem in Hugh Jackman’s The Greatest Showman to a Dirty Dancing favorite, a mod
- Songs from DMX and Taylor Swift dot Billboard’s LyricFind U.S. and LyricFind Global charts, led by the former’s “X Gon’ Give It to Ya,” which crowns both lists dated April 17.
The LyricFind Global and LyricFind U.S. charts rank the fastest momentum-gaining tracks in lyric-search queries and usages globally and in the U.S., respectively, provided by LyricFind. The Global chart includes queries from all countries, including the U.S. The company is the world’s le
- Sech dropped his third studio album 42 on Thursday (April 15). An album that was born “fully in the pandemic” and a tribute to his Afro roots, the artist calls it “his best project.”
“I’m so excited that this album is finally out on the streets and with everyone we achieved. It’s amazing,” Sech tells Billboard.
Released under Rich Music, the set is home to 11 tracks including collaborations with Wisin, Yandel, Arcangel, Nicky Jam, and Rau
- Georgia Twinn has today released a new single ‘Matty Healy’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: The 1975: “I just hope that my honesty is not seen as self-indulgent”The single, taken from Twinn’s debut EP ‘Talk’, was inspired by a “previous relationship where Georgia’s boyfriend bore an uncanny resemblance to The 1975 frontman,” according to a statement.
The single follows two other releases, ‘You Shouldn’t Have Fu
Porridge Radio and Stella Donnelly release charity singles to mark Secretly Canadian’s 25th anniversaryPorridge Radio and Stella Donnelly have released two new charity singles to mark the 25th anniversary of their label, Secretly Canadian.
The indie label was founded in 1996 in Bloomington, Indiana by brothers Ben and Chris Swanson and two friends. Over the years, it has been home to the likes of The War On Drugs, Yeasayer, Yoko Ono, Cherry Glazerr and more.READ MORE: Porridge Radio – ‘Every Bad’: lyrically dense knock-out is a dreamy and complex gift for an undeserving wor
- North Carolina rising rookie Morray has joined Interscope Records in a partnership with Pick Six Records, Billboard reports.
After carving out his sizzling Hot 100 hit “Quicksand” in October 2020, Morray racked several starry cosigns, most notably from J. Cole and DaBaby — who both are fellow North Carolina representatives.
“I’m excited for the world to get to know him and hear what he’s been working on.””Morray is an undeniable talent with an infe
Creator-Collaboration Platform Pearpop Completes $16 Million Raise, Including Support From The Weeknd, Snoop DoggCreator-collaboration marketplace Pearpop has now raised a total of $16 million, including $10 million from a Series A as well as $6 million in “prior seed financing.” Pearpop – which, like Clubhouse, Locker Room, and an array of other immediately successful platforms, debuted in 2020 – detailed the multimillion-dollar raise in a formal release. Florida-headquartered […]
The post Creator-Collaboration Platform Pearpop Completes $16 Million Raise, Including Support
- Apple Music pays music rights-holders a penny per stream, the streaming service revealed in a letter to artists, labels and publishers today (April 16), as first reported by The Wall Street Journal.
That penny-per-stream payout, which comes out of monthly subscription revenue from Apple Music users, is roughly double Spotify’s average rate of around one-third to one-half of a penny per stream. Both services pay rights-holders — like record labels and publishers — based on
- Vince Staples is reportedly planning to release a new Netflix show in the near future along with two new albums.
That’s according to a new interview with GQ, which states that Staples will release two albums, one of which will be self-titled and is expected this summer.
Another album, called ‘Ramona Park Broke My Heart’, is still being worked on by Staples according to the interview. No further details about the release date of this was given.
The interviewer for GQ also reveal
- Pete Wentz reflected on the moment when he kissed a pre-fame Kim Kardashian on the set of Fall Out Boy’s 2007 video for their song “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs” during a recent discussion on his new Apple Music Hits Loud and Sad radio show.
On the first episode of the Monday (April 12) show, entitled “Un-Ironically Liking Things: Kenny Loggins, Armageddon and Erewhon,” Wentz looked back to the time when his band was briefly more famous than the billionaire reality show star.
- DMX passed away last Friday.
- Liam Payne documented the process of making the artwork.
- The Libertines have added two more London dates to their Christmas 2021 tour.READ MORE: The Libertines live: The likely lads ascend once again at a riotous Bristol gigLast week (April 10), the group announced details of a winter tour. The ‘Giddy Up A Ding-Dong Tour’ will see the group play 15 dates across the UK this November and December – including two dates at London’s O2 Forum in Kentish Town, the location of some of the bands most celebrated shows in 2003.
- Billboard’s First Stream serves as a handy guide to this Friday’s most essential releases — the key music that everyone will be talking about today, and that will be dominating playlists this weekend and beyond.
This week, Young Thug brings his YSL compatriots along for another ride, Iann Dior wants to blow up in back-to-back years, and Eric Church offers part one of an epic trilogy. Check out all of this week’s First Stream picks below:
Young Thug & YSL, Slime Langua
- ONE OK ROCK have shared the music video for their new single ‘Renegades’, which was co-written with Ed Sheeran.
The Japanese band supported the British star on the Asian leg of his ‘DIVIDE’ tour in 2019 and previously went into the studio with him in Thailand.READ MORE: Songs you probably didn’t know were written by Ed Sheeran‘Renegades’ is the latest partnership between the two acts and was written in Sheeran’s home studio in Suffolk.
- The Tribeca Festival is set to open its 2021 edition by turning the lights up on Washington Heights.
The in-person New York event will kick off on June 9 with the world premiere of Warner Bros.’ In the Heights at the United Palace theater in Washington Heights, the neighborhood where the story is based.
Additionally, Tribeca, which is set to be the first in-person North American film festival since the COVID-19 pandemic, will host simultaneous screenings of the opening-
- Selena Gomez went under the pen again recently to get a delicate cross on her collarbone, thanks to inker to the stars Bang Bang.
The tattoo artist (born Keith Scott McCurdy) — who has worked his magic on everyone from Katy Perry to Rihanna, Adele and Rita Ora — chronicled his latest handiwork with a video, in which Gomez pulls down her mask and smiles as she shows off the image.
Bang Bang captioned the short clip “We (heart) @selenagomez.”
It was a reunion for Gomez and
- They’re in the stars tonight! This week, BTS announced that their Bang Bang Con event is returning, so get ready. Plus, their video for “Dynamite” topped one billion YouTube views.
Meanwhile, Justin Bieber’s Justice album returned to No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Taylor Swift dropped Easter eggs on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the Latin AMAs took place, and much more.
Take a look at all of the week’s can’t-miss music moments below.Saturday Night Live was
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!