AC/DC’s Power Up debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, giving the legendary rock band its third chart-topping set.
The new studio effort was released via Columbia Records on Nov. 13 and starts with 117,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 19, according to Nielsen Music. AC/DC previously hit No. 1 with 2008’s Black Ice and 1981’s For Those About to Rock (We Salute You). All told, Power Up is AC/DC’s 26th charting album, an
- Sam Fender is returning with a new single tonight (November 24) – see a teaser below.
The singer-songwriter released his debut album ‘Hypersonic Missiles’ last September.READ MORE: Sam Fender on his groundbreaking Newcastle arena gigs: “I’m proud that Geordies are the trailblazers”“Got something special coming tomorrow…” he wrote last night (November 23) on Instagram, revealing that the song will be Annie Mac’s Hottest Record on BBC Ra
- Mariah Carey's classic has also re-entered the U.K. charts.
- Joe Biden‘s nominee for Secretary of State has his own band, it’s been revealed.
Antony Blinken, who was deputy secretary of state under President Barack Obama, is the lead singer of a band called Ablinken, with songs called ‘Lip Service’ and ‘Patience’ available on Spotify.
An initial listen shows Blinken leaning into laid-back rock sensibilities, although Blinken personally describes it a little differently.For those who like wonk rock check out and follow A
- Miley Cyrus has admitted that she recently sobered up because she feared joining the 27 Club.READ MORE: Rocking ball: why ultimate badass Miley Cyrus is the rock star we need in 2020The likes of Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison all died tragically at the age of 27.
The singer, who recently turned 28 yesterday (November 23), says she quit drugs and alcohol earlier this year as a result.
“27 to me was a year that I really had to protect myself,” she told Apple
- Rina Sawayama has announced details of her first new music since the release of her debut album ‘Sawayama’.
New track ‘Lucid’ is arriving tomorrow (November 25), and is produced by Lady Gaga, Vampire Weekend and Haim collaborator BloodPop.READ MORE: Rina Sawayama’s Jimmy Fallon performance proved she’s a superstar-in-waitingSee the track’s announcement and its artwork below.LUCID
BRAND NEW SINGLE prod @bloodpopWEDNESDAY 11.25PIXELS LETS GOOOOOO#RinaLucid
- There’s a Christmas feeling in the air. Christmas trees are going up around the country, Mariah Carey is back on the airwaves, and Josh Groban has a new record out.
The veteran singer and songwriter just released a new album Harmony, supported by a three-part virtual concert series, including his first-ever holiday concert on Dec.19.On Monday night, Groban was the musical guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon where he performed a new song from it, “The World We Knew (Over a
- 21 Savage‘s younger brother Terrell Davis has been killed in London.
Davis, who is a drill rapper that performs under the name TM1way, was reportedly stabbed to death in Brixton on Sunday night (November 22).
The 27-year-old was reportedly taking shopping to his grandmother when the incident happened, a source told the Daily Mail.
Savage, real name Shéyaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, has paid tribute to his brother in a moving post on Instagram.
“can’t believe somebody took you b
- The chart-topping girl group - which is comprised of Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jesy Nelson - and the DJ-and-producer
- Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has teased that the band are in the early stages of writing their next record.
Ulrich revealed the news while speaking to Phoebe Bridgers as part of a Musicians on Musicians chat between the two for Rolling Stone.
Confirming the start of work on the follow-up to 2016’s ‘Hardwired… to Self-Destruct’, Ulrich revealed: “We’re three, four weeks into some pretty serious writing. And of all the shit — pandemics, fires, polit
- Lianne La Havas, Nines and Aitch have been announced as the leading nominations at this year’s MOBO Awards.
Read more: Meet Aitch – the Stormzy-approved rising star putting Manchester rap on the map
This year’s event will be held online on December 9 on YouTube from 7pm GMT while the main broadcast will go out on BBC One at 10.45pm GMT.
Nines is up for five nominations including Best Male Act, Album Of The Year and Video Of The Year for ‘Clout’.
Lianne La Havas, Mah
- Arlo Parks has shared a new single – watch the lyric video for the intimate ‘Caroline’ below.
It’s the latest preview of the singer’s debut album ‘Collapsed In Sunbeams’, which is set to land on January 29, 2021 via Transgressive.READ MORE: Arlo Parks: “I feel like I’m 10 and 100 at once”“’Caroline’ is an exercise in people watching and seeing situations unfold without context,” Parks said of the new song.
- Billie Joe Armstrong has admitted Green Day have "a lot of options" with releasing new music.
- New Order have shared never-seen-before footage of a performance of ‘Temptation’ at a gig in Lüneberg, Germany in 1984 – watch it exclusively on NME above.
The footage is taken from the latest episode of Tim Burgess‘ new TV show Gorilla TV. Airing at 7.15pm GMT on Thursday (November 26), the episode will feature New Order and Joy Division drummer Stephen Morris.READ MORE: “It felt like we were changing the world”: inside New Order’s seminal ‘P
- Dua Lipa is set to be joined by Kylie Minogue for a duet as part of her upcoming 'Studio 2054' live-stream.
- BTS are back in a big way with BE and the latest single from it, “Life Goes On.”
The K-pop kings dropped by The Late Late Show With James Corden on Monday night (Nov. 23) to perform the new track.
J-Hope, Jimin, Jin, Jungkook, RM, Suga and V brought the Christmas cheer with a warm-and-cuddly singalong around the Christmas tree.It’s been a big week for the lads. They collected multiple trophies at the American Music Awards on Sunday, and closed proceedings with a performance of
- A campaign to save 30 of the UK’s most at risk music venues from permanent closure has reached 10 per cent of its fundraising target, but organisers stress that “there is still much much more to do.”
Earlier this month, the Music Venue Trust launched the #SaveThe30 campaign to highlight the plight of the spaces left in the cold from the government’s £1.57billion Cultural Recovery Fund, in a bid to raise money and awareness to stop them from being lost forever. Organ
- Michael Bublé has emerged as an unlikely Deftones superfan, sharing his love for the band’s new album ‘Ohms’.
Deftones released ‘Ohms’ in September, and Buble took to Instagram to share his new merch from the band.READ MORE: Deftones – ‘Ohms’ review: filthy metal anthems packing serious emotional clout“Thank you @deftones for the swag!” Bublé posted on his Instagram story, alongside a video of him jumping for joy while wea
- Rapper 21 Savage is mourning the death of his 27-year-old brother.
- Miley Cyrus joins Zane Lowe on Apple Music to discuss her seventh studio album ‘Plastic Hearts’ due out this Friday.
- The Recording Academy has called a halt to its annual Grammy Nominees CD series. The franchise was a major hit for many years, but has faltered in recent years as CD sales have dwindled.
“It ended up costing us quite a bit of money to do it and it was not selling [in big numbers anymore]” Harvey Mason Jr., the Recording Academy’s chair and interim president/CEO, told Billboard.
Fifteen volumes in the annual series, which was produced by Leslie Lewis, made the top 10 on the Bill
- BTS have a mountain to climb if they’re to snag a third U.K. No. 1 album. Consider it a challenge for the K-pop group and their loyal ARMY.
On the midweek chart, BTS come in at No. 2 with their fifth Korean-language studio album BE (BigHit Entertainment).
It’s the most downloaded and streamed album of the week so far, the Official Charts Company reports, though its well adrift of the pace-setter, Michael Ball and Alfie Boe’s Together at Christmas (Decca).
Ball and Boe’s h
- You just know it’s a heavyweight battle when the opposing coaches are up and dancing.
That happened Monday night (Nov. 23), when Team Gwen’s Carter Rubin and Chloé Hogan went toe-to-toe for a dynamite knockout on NBC’s The Voice.
Rubin, the cherubic teen from Shoreham, went first with a performance of Lauren Daigle’s “You Say.”
It was a home run, with high notes aplenty. Gwen Stefani was clearly moved, and the mics caught her yelling, “my baby!&rd
- As the months continue to go by, fans are craving shows from their favorite artists. In turn, artists like Lauren Sanderson are getting hungry to perform. On Friday night (November 20th), Lauren Sanderson performed her first virtual concert, accompanied by her guitarist, Giancarlo Castillo, in a studio in Los Angeles, CA. Sanderson opened for FINNEAS […]
The post My Thoughts On: Lauren Sanderson’s Virtual Show appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Perfume Genius has released a surreal music video for his track ‘Some Dream’, focused on a human-pig hybrid creature.
The video, directed by Charles Grant and Hunter Ray Barker, stars a creature credited only as ‘Pig Man’ performing manual labour, using a laptop, hanging out with friends and interacting with his pig brethren. Pig Man is played by actor Marc Leblanc.
‘Some Dream’ is taken from Perfume Genius’ album ‘Set My Heart On Fire Immediately&
- Bad Bunny has tested positive for coronavirus, cancelling his appearance at the 2020 American Music Awards (AMA) on Sunday November 22 as a result.
Bad Bunny – real name Benito Martínez Ocasio – had been scheduled to perform his hit song ‘Dákiti’ (his collaboration with Jhay Cortez) live for the first time at the AMAs.
According to his publicist, Sujeylee Solá, who contacted several media outlets on Monday November 23, “the artist tested positiv
- Guitar Center, the nation’s largest retailer of musical instruments, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, the company announced Saturday.
The bankruptcy filing came just one week after the Guitar Center, which had been struggling to compete with online retailers even before the pandemic, announced it had reached a debt-reduction deal with its key stakeholders.
The approved restructuring support agreement (RSA) intends to reduce Guitar Center’s reported $1.3 billion debt by
- SixTONES soar to No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated Nov. 9 to 15, with their latest single “NEW ERA.” The new Johnny’s boy band accumulated points in the metrics that strongly reflect the dedication from its loyal fanbase, leading physical sales with 459,986 copies sold, look-ups, and Twitter mentions.The group also performed well in radio airplay, at No. 3 this week.After cruising along at No. 1 for four straight weeks, LiSA’s “Homura” drops t
- US label Carpark Records are celebrating their 21st anniversary with a new compilation, ‘No Cover’, which sees Carpark artists, affiliates and alumni covering their labelmates’ songs.
Some standouts from the 21-track collection include Sad13 (Sadie Dupuis of Speedy Ortiz) covering ‘Psychic Trauma’ by Cloud Nothings, who in turn deliver a rendition of ‘Villain’ by Speedy Ortiz.
Elsewhere on the eclectic compilation are contributions from the likes of The
- Billie Eilish doesn’t have time for fake friends because she’s too busy being a fan of her latest single “Therefore I Am,” which leaps 94-2 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week (dated Nov. 28).
She runs and skips around the empty Glendale Galleria shopping mall for the self-directed music video that was entirely shot on an iPhone.
“It feels like me,” she told Apple Music’s Zane Lowe about the single from her forthcoming album. “I feel like the r
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!