- A huge boxset reissue of George Harrison‘s first post-Beatles solo album ‘All Things Must Pass’ has been announced to mark 50 years since its release.READ MORE: The best Beatles biopics… ranked!The album has been completely remixed from the original tapes, with Harrison’s son Dhani serving as executive producer. Mixing comes from engineer Paul Hicks, whose credits include recent re-workings of The Rolling Stones‘ ‘Goat’s Head Soup’ and
- Zooey Deschanel is launching a new healthy eating initiative.
- The hit musical In the Heights is finally heading to cinemas.
- Frankie Valli has given his approval to a new Jersey Boys show.
- Nicki Minaj has shared a new photo of her son, with Mom and baby adorably wearing coordinated outfits.
The rapper posted the cute family snapshot on Instagram as part of a series of images of herself posing on a couch on Saturday (June 12). She left ribbon and unicorn emojis in the caption for the pictures.
Keeping her baby’s real name private, Minaj has affectionately referred to him as “Papa Bear” on social media in the past.Minaj and husband Kenneth Petty welcomed their son
- Britney Spears says her favorite tattoo is usually hidden, but she offered a glimpse of it on Instagram.
The pop star posed for a selfie of her backside, with her hair pulled up, to reveal the ink on the nape of her neck Friday night (June 11).
“Hot pink makes my tan pop!!!!” wrote Spears, who was dressed in a bright bikini. “Have you seen the tattoo on the back of my neck before ???? It’s Hebrew, it’s a language written backwards !!!! It says Mem Hey Shin and
- Tommy Lee‘s son’s band Motel 7 have released a new single called ‘Are We There Yet’ – you can listen to it below.
Comprised of Anton Khabbaz and Dylan Jagger Lee, the Los Angeles duo’s sun-kissed new track is an ode to “an epic road-trip” that captures a feeling of escapism.
“We wanna make this feel like a song you are hearing for the first time, every time you spin it. That ‘never gets old’ effect,” Mote
- Rapper Polo G has been arrested on charges including battery on a police officer, resisting arrest with violence and criminal mischief.
Jail records show the rapper, whose name is Taurus Bartlett, was booked into jail early Saturday (June 12) on five charges and released on bond hours later.
The Miami Police Department released arrest affidavits in which officers stated Bartlett, 22, and others were pulled over early Saturday, and the rapper ended up in a struggle on the ground with officers. On
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week.
Getting the Latin Community Vaccinated
Alejandro Fernández, Maná’s Fher Olvera and Dr. Anthony Fauci have joined forces to help get the Latin community vaccinated against the novel coronavirus. Their efforts are part of the National Month of Action, wh
- Chromeo have announced the release of a new live album called ‘Date Night: Chromeo Live!’.READ MORE: Chromeo talk to us about Prince, Stefflon Don, new album ‘Head Over Heels’ and music in the time of #MeTooThe first-ever live LP from the Canadian electro-funk duo – comprising David “Dave 1” Macklovitch and Patrick “P-Thugg” Gemayel – will feature 20 tracks recorded at various stops on their pre-pandemic 2019 North American headlining t
David Archuleta Opens Up About His Sexuality in Emotional Message: ‘God Made Me How I Am For a Purpose’David Archuleta is bravely opening up about his sexuality in an emotional message to fans.
On Saturday (June 12), the season seven American Idol runner-up shared a lengthy note on Instagram about his struggles with his sexual identity and religious beliefs, and encouraged people to have more “understanding and compassionate” for those facing similar experiences.
“I like to keep to myself but also thought this was important to share because I know so many other people from relig
- John Mayer has shared a beautiful acoustic rendition of his new single ‘Last Train Home’ – watch it below.
Taken from the singer, songwriter and guitarist’s upcoming eighth studio album ‘Sob Rock’, the original version of the track features vocals from Maren Morris and sounds like was recorded in the ’80s at the height of yacht rock.
Taking to Instagram this evening (June 12), Mayer decided to give fans a live acoustic rendition of the record.
- The Joy Formidable have released a new single called ‘Chimes’ – you can listen to it below.
The fierce new track is the third preview of the Welsh rock band’s upcoming album, ‘Into The Blue’, and follows previous singles ‘Back To Nothing’ and the album’s title track.
Due out August 20 via Hassle, ‘Into The Blue’ is The Joy Formidable’s fifth studio album, and their first since 2018’s ‘AAARTH’.
- Aaron Carter is holding his head up high after being knocked out by Lamar Odom.
The 33-year-old singer and rapper took to social media early Saturday morning (June 12) to share his post-fight positivity following his defeat by the former NBA star during a sold-out celebrity boxing match at the Showboat in Atlantic City on Friday night.
“I did my best. Fought like a lion,” Carter tweeted alongside a brief clip from the short-lived bout. “He was huge. And at least I didn’t
- Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea, has described K-pop as a “vicious cancer” corrupting the young people he governs.READ MORE: NME meets BTS – get to know the K-pop sensationsOn Friday (June 11), The New York Times reported that the politician has declared a new culture war to halt the spread and influence of South Korean movies, K-dramas and K-pop videos to his citizens through a secretive anti-K-pop campaign.
News of the culture war was first learned by&nb
- Willow Smith has revealed she used to get bullied in school for being a Black girl who liked rock music.READ MORE: Nova Twins: “Being black women doing punk music is political”The actor and singer, known mononymously as Willow, released her new single ‘Transparent Soul’ – a pop-punk outing featuring Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker – back in April.
Speaking at the time of its release, Smith said the song was the beginning a new era with her career and
- Warner Bros.’ In the Heights won the Friday (June 11) box office race, earning $5 million — including Thursday previews — for a projected weekend start in the $12 million to $13 million range. That’s lower than expected and puts the feel-good movie race in a close race with holdover A Quiet Place Part II.
Jon M. Chu, the force behind box office hit Crazy Rich Asians, directs the big screen adaptation of the musical that put Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda on the map.
- The SPYSCAPE Podcast Network announces For Your Ears Only - a new show featuring influential musicians, composers
- On the debut episode of 'GRM Radio' on Apple Music 1, presenter and GRM Daily CEO Post is joined by special guest Ghetts.
- Lorde joins Zane Lowe on New Music Daily on Apple Music 1 to discuss her highly anticipated new single “Solar Power”.
- The country star took to social media on Friday to make it clear she would not be a part of the barbecue event on Sunday.
- Wilco‘s Jeff Tweedy and his son Spencer have covered Sharon Van Etten and Angel Olsen‘s new collaborative single – watch the performance below.
The pair shared the single ‘Like I Used To’ last month, complete with its own video and subsequent late night TV performance.
Jeff and Spencer’s performance of the song came as part of the duo’s long-running livestream show The Tweedy Show.
“That’s the best I can do with not knowing the lyrics perfect
- Pixies have announced a series of US tour dates, culminating in their previously announced support slots with Nine Inch Nails.READ MORE: Pixies’ Joey Santiago on playing with Pearl Jam, new music and Ian Brown’s conspiracy theoriesThe 11-date tour takes place this September, beginning in Port Chester, New York before ending up in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
“Over the past year, it’s been wonderful to spend so much time with our families,” said Pixies guitarist Joey Santiago sa
- Japanese Breakfast has performed in the trailer for new Sims 4 expansion pack Cottage Living – see her perform ‘Be Sweet’ in Simlish below.READ MORE: Japanese Breakfast – ‘Jubilee’ review: indie rocker’s bold statement of ambitionSimlish is the fictional language spoken within the video game, and Michelle Zauner performs her recent single, taken from her ‘Jubilee’ album, entirely in the language.
As announced this week, Cottage Living will la
- Primal Scream say they “love” Lorde’s new single ‘Solar Power’ today (June 12).
The group took to social media to say “We love Lorde’s new single”, complete with heart emoji – you can see it below.READ MORE: Lorde’s new song ‘Solar Power’ is a gorgeous, sun-kissed rebirthThe New Zealand musician made her return on Thursday (June 10), four years after the release of her second album ‘Melodrama’.
Earlier this week,
- Bright Eyes have unveiled some new summer 2021 tour dates – see them all below.READ MORE: Bright Eyes – ‘Down In The Weeds Where The World Once Was’ review: legends return after almost a decadeArriving to support of last year’s comeback album, ‘Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was’, the group are heading out on an 11-date East Coast tour this July and August.
For their gigs in New Haven, the group will be joined by Japanese Breakfast and Lucy Dacu
- Jaylin White has denied charges of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, and second-degree robbery.
- Anita White has warned the group not to discount the power of her longtime fans.
- Brockhampton have announced details of a full US tour set to take place next year – see the dates below.
The shows, which begin at the end of February 2022, come on the back of the LA-based collective’s recent album ‘Roadrunner: New Light, New Machine’. READ MORE: Brockhampton – ‘Roadrunner: New Light, New Machine’ review: pain and resolutionThe new tour dates begin in Salt Lake City, before travelling through the States in March and ending up in Portlan
- All Time Low have unveiled a new version of their summer wine this week (June 11).READ MORE: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Alex Gaskarth, All Time LowThe group, who debuted their Summer Daze Rosé last year, have now unveiled a new version which is said to “level up” on their first.
Inspired by their last album, ‘Wake-Up, Sunshine’, the wine is the result of a new partnership with Real Nice Winemakers which builds on their first foray
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!