In a new interview with Apple Music, Miranda Lambert told the stories behind some of her biggest hits, including the 2012 Hot Country Songs No. 1 “Over You,” which she co-wrote with her then-husband Blake Shelton.
As it turns out, the song’s poignant lyrics were all about the automobile-accident death of Shelton’s older brother Richie in 1990 when he was just 24 years old. Lambert recalled talking about Richie’s death with Shelton and thinking: “I would never
- Darren Criss made his late-night television performance debut Tuesday night on The Late Late Show With James Corden with “Runnin’ Around.”
He “got one hell of a gang together” for the first-ever performance of the song (originally titled “F*kn Around”), featuring Este Haim of HAIM (bass), The Pocket Queen (drums), frequent collaborator and San Fermin frontwoman Charlene Kaye (guitar) and the song’s co-writer CJ Baran (keys).
The super tro
- As Carlos Rivera and Maluma’s “100 Años” hits the top 10 on Billboard’s Latin Pop Airplay chart (dated April 17), Rivera scores his first top 10 on any airplay chart. The song, which jumps 12-10, earns Maluma his 23rd top 10 dating back to his first chart visit, “La Temperatura” with Eli Palacios (No. 8, 2014).
“100 Años” bounds with a 30% increase in audience impressions, to 3 million earned in the week ending April 11, according to
- Crumb have announced the forthcoming release of their second album, ‘Ice Melt’.
The album will follow their 2019 debut ‘Jinx’, produced by Foxygen’s Jonathan Rado and now released on the band’s own Crumb Records.
‘Ice Melt’ is supposedly named for the blend of coarsely ground salts used to dissipate ice on your front steps – absorbing water and giving off heat – available cheaply at US hardware stores.
The record will feature the three
Lil Nas X’s “Montero” Is Getting Removed From Spotify, Apple Music, Other Streaming Platforms In Certain CountriesLil Nas X recently warned fans that “all the streaming services” were preparing to remove his “Montero” track, and Columbia Records described the potential takedown as “out of our control.” But the song is still live on DSPs for listeners in the United States – and unavailable to those in certain other regions. The precise […]
The post Lil Nas X’s “Montero” Is Getting Removed From Spotify, Apple Music, Other Streaming Platforms I
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Looking for a new book to read can be overwhelming, given the plethora of options available to purchase both online and in bookstores.
To make it easier for music fans, we’ve compiled a list of 15 must-read music books — from moving memoirs and essays to deep dives on musical history, science and more.
See our list — many of which are ava
- via mtv.comRina Sawayama and Elton John released a poignant new version of Sawayama's single "Chosen Family" on Wednesday (April 13) that celebrates finding love and acceptance within one's friendship circle.
- TikTok is looking to beef up its legal team with experts in music licensing. TikTok is looking to hire a junior transactional attorney who specializes in music licensing for digital platforms. The company wants to beef up its music licensing libraries available to its users through license agreements. “You will draft and negotiate a variety […]
The post TikTok Is Quietly Beefing Up Its Music Licensing Team appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Silk Sonic, the duo comprised of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak, topped the Billboard Hot 100 this week with its single “Leave the Door Open,” up from No. 3 last week. The track marks Mars’ eighth No. 1 on the tally — making him one of just 18 artists in Hot 100 history to boast at least eight songs atop the Hot 100 — and the first for .Paak.
“Leave the Door Open” logged 21.5 million U.S. streams and sold 28,600 copies in the week ending April 8
- An open letter headlined “We Stand For Democracy” and opposing restrictions on voting drew hundreds of signees from across corporate America, including many names from the entertainment industry.
Among the companies attaching their names to the letter were Netflix, ViacomCBS, Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Eventbrite, CAA, Sonos, UTA and Live Nation Entertainment.
Individuals signing the letter included notable entertainment figures Scooter Braun, Katy Perry, Debra L. Lee, JJ Abrams, Georg
- Taylor Swift’s fans can’t shake off the theory that she might be re-recording her fifth album 1989 next. If that’s the case, which song do you wish she would re-record next?
The Billboard 200 No. 1 LP and 2016 Grammy album of the year winner spawned three No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 — “Shake It Off,” “Blank Space” and “Bad Blood,” featuring Kendrick Lamar. The Swifties already heard a snippet of “Wildest Dreams&r
- Dozens of US venues will be retrofitted for livestreaming capabilities in addition to in-person shows.READ MORE: Mark, My Words: lockdown live-streams might be the future of music, after allLive Nation and streaming platform Veeps, the latter of which was co-founded by Good Charlotte’s Joel and Benji Madden, have partnered up to install livestreaming set-ups at more than 60 US venues that are frequently visited by acts on tours.
A series of livestreamed concerts broadcast from LA venue The
- Moulin Rouge! actor Karen Olivo says she’s not returning to the Broadway production as a form of protest against Scott Rudin, the prolific theater and film producer who former employees alleged of bullying in a recent Hollywood Reporter story.
Olivo, who played Satine in the Broadway production that began in 2019, announced her departure from the role in an Instagram video on Monday. “Social justice is more important than being a sparkling diamond. Building a
- The 2021 Latin American Music Awards are officially a day away, where Karol G and J Balvin, with nine nominations each, lead the pack.
Confirmed for the sixth annual ceremony is a wave of artists such as Juanes, Anitta, Maluma, Camilo, Ricky Martin, Carlos Vives, Banda MS, David Bisbal, Carrie Underwood, and Pitbull, to name a few.
Country singer Underwood will join Spanish crooner Bisbal for their first-ever television performance of “Tears of Gold”; Ricky and Carlos Vives, as
- 2 Chainz is the next artist to headline TIDAL x Oculus’ virtual reality concert series.READ MORE: 2 Chainz – ‘So Help Me God!’ review: countless killer punchlines, but not quite a K-OThe rapper will take to the stage for a weed-friendly celebration on April 20, the annual day and time at which cannabis smokers are encouraged to light up worldwide. However, the set won’t happen at 4.20pm local time; 2 Chainz will instead kick off the show at 9pm ET (2am BST, April 21
- Rivers Cuomo and the gang would rather be anywhere but on a Zoom call in Weezer’s new video for “Grapes of Wrath,” which the band surprise-released on Wednesday (April 14).
In the visual, Cuomo and his bandmates (Patrick Wilson, Brian Bell and Scott Shriner) log on for their weekly video chat, but each member quickly finds a way to accomplish the tasks and activities that they’d much rather be doing. Cuomo places a photo of himself in front of the camera, while Shriner em
- Adam Levine debuted a new Lord of the Rings-inspired hairdo on Tuesday. The Maroon 5 frontman bleached his hair a “Gandalf white-ish silver,” showing off the final product on his Instagram Stories. His use of a no-sleep filter made him look not like a wizard, but a different mythical figure straight out of Twilight. “Vampires,” he captioned one of the selfies he posted.
In a short clip he posted later, Levine tried on a third character by putting
- Radiohead have shared rare footage of Thom Yorke performing ‘In Rainbows‘ cuts in 2005 as well as his solo material.
Nigel Godrich, the band’s longtime producer who is often dubbed their “sixth member”, unearthed the From The Basement session footage, which was posted on Radiohead’s official YouTube channel today (April 14).
Yorke’s performance includes early versions of ‘In Rainbows’ (2007) song ‘Videotape’ as well as ‘Disk
- Spotify Car Thing has arrived in the United States, but there are some limitations. The voice-controlled device is only available in limited quantities to users who must sign up. The Bluetooth-connected device allows users to control their Spotify experience without the need for a phone. It’s obviously designed for people who drive cars without an […]
The post Spotify’s CarThing is Here and Free, If You’re Selected – Limited Hardware Trial appeared first on Digital
- Twenty One Pilots have shared a behind-the-scenes look at the making of their new video for ‘Shy Away’ – watch below.The Big Read: Twenty One Pilots: “We want to be the best – and keep everyone else at bay”The track was released last week as the lead single from the Ohio duo’s forthcoming sixth album ‘Scaled And Icy’, which is due for release on May 21 via Fueled By Ramen.
Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun shared a clip titled ‘Shy Away (Beyond
- Twenty One Pilots nab the highest debut on Billboard’s Alternative Airplay chart since, well, another Twenty One Pilots song two-and-a-half years ago.
The duo’s new single “Shy Away” bounds onto the tally dated April 17 at No. 11.
The song scores the highest bow since the act’s own “Jumpsuit” debuted at No. 8 on the chart dated July 21, 2018.“Shy Away,” released April 7 amid the latest charts’ April 5-11 airplay tracking week, also soar
- LL Cool J’s Rock the Bells has raised $8 million in Series A funding to expand its direct-to-consumer business. San Francisco-based Raine Ventures led the funding round, with participation from M13, Willoughby Capital Holdings, and Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang. Previous investors in the imprint include Irving Azoff, Mark Cuban, and Henry Louis Gates Jr. The […]
The post LL Cool J’s Rock the Bells Imprint Raises $8 Million In Funding appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Megan Thee Stallion’s winning streak on radio keeps rolling as the rapper’s latest single “Cry Baby,” featuring DaBaby, tops Billboard’s Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart to become the format’s most-played song of the week. The track ascends 4-1 to lead the list dated April 17.
“Cry Baby” bounds with a 12% boost in plays in the week ending April 11, according to MRC Data. The double-digit percentage growth also secures the song greatest gain
- The 2021 Latin American Music Awards return after the show went on hiatus in 2020 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and are set to take place Thursday live from the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla.
The sixth annual ceremony, which will be hosted by Mexican actress Jacqueline Bracamontes, will be broadcast on Telemundo starting at 7 p.m. ET with the red-carpet pre-show followed at 8 p.m. ET by the awards show.
The red-carpet television special will also be streamed on Twitter and Fac
- Rina Sawayama enlists Elton John as her “Chosen Family” for the song’s official remix on Wednesday (April 14).
Their new version of “Chosen Family” from her 2020 Sawayama album, which was released a year ago on April 17, 2020, also comes with a performance lyric video. In the clip, Sawayama serenades Sir John, who’s perched at the piano, and the two engage in a swelling display of familial love regardless of not being related to one another, as
- Chilean television network Red Televisiva Megavisión (Mega) has officially apologized for a BTS comedy skit that it aired on a program entitled Mi Barrio. BTS ARMY diehards promptly criticized the Mi Barrio sketch in question, which featured five individuals, dressed in colorful clothing and wigs, seated on and standing around a couch. These actors introduced […]
The post Chilean Network Mega Apologizes Following BTS Comedic Skit appeared first on Digital Music News.
- via mtv.comDemi Lovato performed a medley of hits in her Los Angeles backyard for a group of squirrels in her Tiny Desk (Home) Concert for NPR on Wednesday (April 13).
- Cardi B has teamed up with Reebok for a new ’90s-inspired clothing line.READ MORE: The good, the bad and the Biffy: the five most, erm, interesting ‘WAP’ coversThe ‘WAP’ rapper’s collaboration with the sportswear company, dubbed the Summertime Fine Collection, is due to launch next Friday (April 23) and includes athleisurewear and accessories for women and children.
Among the items is a cropped sweatshirt, high-rise leggings, a two-in-one bodysuit, and sn
- Capital XTRA will not face any penalties after one of its DJs was found to be requesting payments of £200 to play tracks on his show.
In February, DJ Tiiny (real name Frank Boakye-Yiadom) was fired from the radio station after it emerged he’d been asking for payments to premiere songs on his weekly Friday night programme. He broke UK broadcasting code by asking for money.
Media regulator Ofcom opened an investigation to establish whether Capital XTRA was responsible for its employee&
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Summer is on its way, and nothing pairs better with a poolside hang than a flavored beverage.
*NSYNC star Lance Bass teamed up with Fruit Smash for a new campaign on Wednesday (April 14) to celebrate the brand’s new hard seltzer. Aimed to bid farewell to life’s “basic” moments, the campaign includes a “Say Bye to Basic” hotline, i
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!