- Actor, writer, and director John Krasinski still makes jokes with Chris Evans over the latter stealing the role of Captain America.
- Birds Of Prey director Cathy Yan has spoken about the reaction the film’s box office faring, saying it had “undue expectations” on it.
Read more: 7 reasons to watch Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
The DC movie starred Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and saw her team-up with fellow women of Gotham in a fight against mob boss Roman Sionis (Ewan McGregor).
The film was projected to make $110 million-$125 million (£89.7m-£101.9m) in it
- The TV adaptation of Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer has had its release date pushed forward.
Read more: Join the Bong Hive: a guide to Parasite director Bong Joon-ho’s films
The 2013 sci-fi thriller was the Oscar-winning director’s debut English-language release, with 80 percent of the dialogue in English.
The original was set seven years after the world entered a new ice age, which saw the last remaining humans travelling on a perpetually moving train, segregated by class. As it c
- Planned discussions about a much-mooted sequel to 2017’s Call Me By Your Name have been stalled by the effects of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Director Luca Guadagnino says he was due to attend a crucial meeting about the film’s script.”I was going to America to meet a writer I love very much, whose name I don’t want to mention, to talk about the second part,” he explained, according to Italian outlet Gay.it via The Playlist. “Unfortunately, everythi
- Quentin Tarantino has revealed why he ditched his original plan to make a Luke Cage movie.
The director notoriously planned to make a film about the superhero in the early ’90s, before the character returned into the public consciousness with a brief Netflix series.Read more: ‘Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood’ film review – Tarantino’s most satisfying work in decadesTarantino planned on having Laurence Fishburne star in the film, and has revealed the reason why
Louis CK discusses sexual misconduct in surprise new stand-up special: “I thought I should leave the nation”Louis CK has discussed the sexual misconduct scandal that he was involved in back in 2018 in a surprise new stand-up special.
An article published by the New York Times in 2018 saw five women who had worked with the comedian in some capacity claiming inappropriate behaviour by CK, including that he masturbated in front of female comedians. CK then responded, confirming to fans that “the stories were true”.
Last night (April 4), a new stand-up special called Sincerely Louis CK appeare
- The script for Ant-Man 3 is set to be penned by Rick and Morty writer Jeff Loveness.
The third film in the Marvel series is set to be released in 2022, and it was revealed at the end of last year that Peyton Reed will return to direct for a third time.Read more: ‘Ant-Man and The Wasp’ film review: “Silly, low-stakes, highly entertaining fluff”As The Hollywood Reporter reveals, Loveness signed on for the film before the US film industry went into lockdown amid the coronavi
- Mark Hamill has penned a heartfelt letter to Star Wars fans thanking them for their continued support – read it in full below.
Read more: Star Wars: 40 geeky facts you didn’t know
The actor who played Luke Skywalker in six of the nine movies in the popular sci-fi franchise shared the thank-you letter on his social media accounts on Friday (April 3), prefacing it with the caption: “A few thoughts as one era ends and another begins…”
“What an extraordinary jour
- A list of upcoming Funko Pop! figures may have just revealed a bit more about the mysterious Eternals movie.
- Robert Downey Jr. is now 55 years-old and Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are sharing video of a theater erupting at the conclusion of Avengers: Endgame.
- Tiger King star Joe Exotic has said he wants either Brad Pitt or David Spade to play him in an adaptation of the docuseries.
- The MCU stars both decided it was time to take a breather from the superhero world after Avengers: Endgame.
- The Rise of Skywalker novelization sounds like the best way to truly understand what has happened in the sequel trilogy.
- The release of Wes Anderson‘s next film, The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun, has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The film was slated to arrive on July 24, but as cinemas shutter worldwide in government mandated lockdowns, it will now hit theatres on October 16.Read more: Every Wes Anderson movie ranked in order of greatnessThe beloved auteur’s follow-up to 2018’s Isle of Dogs is set to star Benicio Del Toro, Tilda Swinton, A
- Peyton Reed has already been announced as the director of Ant-Man 3 with Paul Rudd returning to play Scott Lang.
- Zack Snyder has shared a new image from his cut of Justice League which teases the introduction of Martian Manhunter.
- Disney has shuffled around its release calendar and Mulan has been given a new date, while Jungle Cruise has been pushed to next year.
- Marvel Studios announced a massive release date calendar change today and New Mutants seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.
- Reno 911 star Thomas Lennon debuted his Joe Exotic impression during an interview with Stephen Colbert.
- Director Nia DaCosta's Candyman, which is produced by Jordan Peele, has been pushed back to September
- Pedro Pascal had a very happy birthday thanks to his Wonder Woman 2 co-stars and team.
- The Suicide Squad is currently in the post-production phase and James Gunn is teasing information about certain characters.
- Disney+ subscribers can stream Onward starting this weekend after the Pixar movie was just in theaters a few weeks ago.
- Disney has confirmed new release dates for movies until 2022 after many of its big upcoming releases were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirus
Highly-anticipated films such as Mulan and Black Widow had their planned releases cancelled as the spread of COVID-19 worsened, but were not immediately given new dates.
Disney’s slate has been re-jigged because of the pandemic, including several movies in Marvel phase fou
- Disney and Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones 5 has been pushed back to July 2022 in another major setback.
- Marvel Studios has revealed the release date for Captain Marvel 2 and it's hitting theaters a little earlier than originally anticipated.
- Disney will announced a release date for Artemis Fowl on Disney Plus at a later date.
- Marvel Studios has announced their updated release date schedule for Phase 4 of the MCU and beyond.
- Dwayne Johnson's production company Seven Bucks Productions is moving forward on a Ric Flair movie.
- Warner Bros.' Cyborg movie starring Ray Fisher was dated for April 3, 2020, but it's something we're probably never going to see.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!