- The Marvel Studios boss was confirmed for a mystery Star Wars project in the fall of 2019 by Disney's Alan Horn.
- Joaquin Phoenix is serving as an executive producer on Gunda, a new documentary focusing on pig sentience.
Created by award-winning Russian filmmaker Victor Kossakovsky, the film examines the daily life of a pig and her three farm animal companions: two cows and a one-legged chicken.Read more: Mark, My Words: let’s make veganism rockSpeaking to Screen Daily, Phoenix said he was “deeply moved by the film” and described it as a “visceral meditation on existence”
- Netflix have shared a glimpse of its latest trilogy of animated Transformers films, which will open with Transformers: War For Cybertron: Siege.Read more: Here are the new films arriving on Netflix in 2020Following the conclusion of the Prime Wars arc in July 2018, Hasbro’s production studio Allspark and Netflix announced a new animated series of films, War for Cybertron.
John Derderian, Director of Anime for Netflix, said: “In this Transformers origin story, we will explore the expa
- Disney‘s Pixar has introduced its first lesbian character in upcoming new movie Onward.
Read more: Every Pixar film ranked in order of greatness
The movie follows two young elves (played by Tom Holland and Chris Pratt) who find a wizard’s magical staff, and it features a lesbian character, Officer Specter – a cyclops police officer voiced by Lena Waithe.
Slate confirmed that Specter identifies as queer, citing a line of dialogue she delivers in the movie. “My girlfriend&r
- Mark Ruffalo has revealed that Marvel boss Kevin Feige almost quit his job in 2012 over the studio’s lack of representation.
Read more: Marvel Cinematic Universe phase four: everything we know so far
The actor shared the revelation in a new interview with The Independent after being asked about Marvel’s historic lack of LGBTQI+ representation.
“When we did the first Avengers, Kevin Feige told me, ‘Listen, I might not be here tomorrow’,” he said.
- Fathom Events celebrates the 700th Anniversary of Scotland's fight for independence with Best Picture Oscar-Winner Braveheart and the U.S. Premiere of Robert the Bruce.
- It's February 22nd, which means you can officially buy your tickets for Corey Feldman's (my) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys.
- The Simpsons producer Al Jean offers a movie sequel update, insuring that it will be a standalone movie if it happens.
- A new Star Wars movie is currently in the works at Disney, it is being reported.
Read more: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker review: a sufficiently satisfying finale that gives fans exactly what they want
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the House of Mouse is currently developing the new project with Sleight director J.D. Dillard, and Matt Owens, a writer on Marvel shows Luke Cage and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He is currently co-writing One Piece, a live-action manga ad
- Jeffery Dean Morgan is a New York detective on the trail of his daughter's killer in The Postcard Killings.
- BossLogic has imagined what Robert Pattinson's new Batsuit will look like with a Cap in The Batman.
- Many DC Comics fans believe Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman costume has been spotted on The Batman set, but it's not what many were expecting.
- After becoming part of the James Bond canon with her No Time to Die theme song, Grammy-winning artist Billie Eilish thinks she knows who should be the next james bond.
- Lucasfilm has begun development on a new Star Wars movie as the franchise moves away from the Skywalker saga.
- Justice League star Ben Affleck discusses his exit from The Batman, explaining he last his passion for it.
- The mythical Snyder Cut of Justice League is still a major topic and fans are lobbying hard for HBO Max to stream the director's original cut.
- HBO has released a new trailer for Bad Education, which stars Hugh Jackman and comes from director Cory Finley.
- We chat with Joe Gatto, Sal Vulcano, Brian Quinn and James Murray about Impractical Jokers: The Movie in our exclusive interview.
- It looks like the Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely were originally going to follow Nebula's comic storyline in Endgame.
- A promo image for Godzilla vs. Kong has made its way online from the New York Toy Fair offering a new look at the legendary monster.
- We're only 6 brief (hopefully) months away from getting to see Bill & Ted Face the Music in theaters.
- Mondo has revealed a new poster for The Mandalorian by Rory Kurtz featuring Baby Yoda.
- Robert Pattinson's stunt double is having a bit of trouble riding the Batcycle in the latest leaked set video from The Batman.
- Director Matt Reeves' latest social media post suggests that The Batman could be inspired by comic book arc Batman: Year One.
- Mikhail Villarreal stood in for Jared Leto in Birds of Prey and had most of the actor's tattoos, even though he was mostly obscured.
- Pretending I'm a Superman is an upcoming documentary focusing on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater video game series.
- Marvel has announced Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is getting the comic book treatment.
- Billie Eilish’s official James Bond theme ‘No Time To Die’ has gone straight in at Number One on this week’s Official Singles Chart and has landed the Bond franchise’s biggest ever opening week for one of its themes.
The news also means that the singer has scored her first UK Number One single.
Read more: Billie Eilish takes the stealth approach on Bond theme ‘No Time To Die’
The song, which was co-written and produced by Eilish and her brother Finneas,
- In addition to our first look at the new Batsuit in Matt Reeves' The Batman, we also have our first look at the Batcycle.
- Robert Pattinson's new Batsuit has finally been revealed in a group of images from Matt Reeves' The Batman.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!