Cats star Jason Derulo has responded to the negative reception the movie has received from critics ahead of its release in cinemas.
Read more: Cats review: weird and occasionally wonderful, this feline flick is no cat-astrophe
Due out today (December 20), Tom Hooper’s big-screen adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s original musical hasn’t fared well with critics. One went as far as to call it “a mesmerisingly ugly fiasco that makes you feel like your brain is bei
- Leigh Whannell has given John Carpenter fans an update on his upcoming remake of Escape from New York.
The Saw writer announced initial plans last year to write the reboot, after confirming his gig as writer-director of The Invisible Man (in cinemas 28 February), and has now shared further news with ComicBook.com.
Read more: Nicolas Cage: “I’m not nostalgic about my early work”
“It’s funny, I’ve been so busy working on this film where I hav
- The Spider-Man connection to Venom 2 and Morbius is undeniable this time around, which is far different from the first Venom installment.
- HBO put an end to Game of Thrones last summer and fans are still reeling from what they saw on the screen.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker fell out of the top 10 at the box office this weekend for the first time since its release.
- Corey Feldman is ramping up promotion for (my) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys, which premieres in March.
- Director Dean Parisot says that the duo will have 78 minutes to save the universe in Bill & Ted Face the Music.
- Disney is working on a live-action Rapunzel movie with Nutcracker and the Four Realms writer Ashleigh Powell.
- Harrison Ford has been preparing fans for Indiana Jones 5, which will reportedly go into production within the next few months.
- Planet of the Apes will be getting a makeover under the Disney regime with director Wes Ball.
- The mysterious Taskmaster has been revealed in a new promotional image from the upcoming Black Widow movie.
- Entertainment One is digging into the Hasbro treasure chest to see what properties might be right for adaptations.
- Wyatt Russell may end up taking on the iconic Snake Plissken role in Leigh Whannell's Escape from New York reboot.
- Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog has beaten Detective Pikachu to set a new high bar for video game movies.
- The latest James Bond movie was going to hold its Chinese premiere in April, but that is no longer happening.
- Bong Joon Ho's Best Picture winner Parasite is back in action at the box office, as moviegoers attempt to see what all the fuss is about.
- Paramount Pictures' Sonic the Hedgehog raced to the top spot at the box office, easily beating Birds of Prey.
- Caroline Flack will make her final on-screen appearance in the upcoming Steve Coogan film Greed following her death over the weekend.
The former Love Island presenter was found dead in her London home on Saturday (February 15), with a lawyer for her family saying that she had taken her own life.
Flack can be seen at the start of the trailer for Greed, which stars Coogan as billionaire high-street mogul.
In the clip, she is seen presenting a cheque to Coogan and Isla Fishers’ characters, sa
- Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are back in action in the latest unofficial set videos from The Matrix 4.
- A Look Who's Talking reboot is in the works, and Kirstie Alley and John Travolta 'really want' to return as the grandparents.
- Woody Harrelson is returning as Cletus Kasady in Venom 2 and his look has been toned down a bit this time around.
- Jason Davis, who voiced Mikey Blumberg in the Disney Channel series Recess, has passed away at 35.
- Tyler, The Creator has opened up on the possibility of an Odd Future reunion, admitting that the pioneering rap collective are unlikely to join forces once more.
The LA collective, who rose to fame in the late 2000s, have been inactive since 2015 – but the likes of Tyler, Frank Ocean and Earl Sweatshirt have all go on to achieve significant success since breaking out in their own right.Read more: The Slow, Sad Demise of Odd Future – 6 Signs That It May Be The End of Days For The Hip-
- The return of hit sitcom Community is looking much more likely now, as cast member Alison Brie has taken to Reddit to reveal discussions around a potential film are ongoing.
Brie played Annie Edison in all six seasons of the NBC comedy, which told the story of an eclectic group of students at a community college in the fictional town of Greendale, Colorado. Now, five years after the final episodes aired, Brie has commented on continued fan speculation about a movie.
Asked whether there was &ldqu
- The likes of Jennifer Hudson and Dr Dre have paid tribute to the late Kobe Bryant at the 2020 NBA All-Star Game.
As the event began, a highlights package produced by Dre featured new music from the rapper, alongside his seminal hit ‘California Love’.
After an introduction from Lakers legend Magic Johnson, Jennifer Hudson then took to the court for an emotional rendition of ‘All We Know (We May Meet Again)’, a track most famous for Nat King Cole’s stirring rendition.
- Disney voice actor Jason Davis, who provided the voice of Recess character Mikey, has died at the age of 35.
The actor’s cause of death is currently unknown, but he had openly discussed his struggles with substance addiction in the past.
His mother, Nancy Davis Rickel, confirmed his passing in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
“I am so heartbroken to share the saddest news of my life that my son Jason Davis passed away this morning in Los Angeles,” she said.RIP Jason Davis
- Marvel’s forthcoming The Eternals will be the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to include a same-sex kiss, as well as an openly gay couple.Read more: Marvel Cinematic Universe phase four: everything we know so farSpeaking to NewNowNext, actor Haaz Sleiman discussed his character’s relationship with Phastos. “I’m married to the gay superhero Phastos, played by Atlanta’s Brian Tyree Henry, and we represent a gay family and have a child,” Sle
- A new TV spot for the upcoming No Time to Die has been released and it is 30 seconds of craziness.
- Chery Sanders is well-known for her Hollywood stunt work from over the years, along with being a celebrity spokeswoman.
- Birds of Prey is currently out in theaters and Ewan McGregor's take on the villainous Black Mask is getting a lot of attention.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!