A new Jack Reacher TV series is in the works courtesy of Amazon, but it will go ahead without Tom Cruise.
The actor played the ex-military cop in two films, but won’t be reprising it.Read more: After big budget flops like ‘Charlie’s Angels’ and ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ – is the age of the reboot finally over?Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, revealed the first season of the series will be based on the 1997 book The Killing Floor.“The Jack Reac
- Billie Eilish’s official James Bond theme ‘No Time To Die’ has gone straight in at Number One on this week’s Official Singles Chart and has landed the Bond franchise’s biggest ever opening week for one of its themes.
The news also means that the singer has scored her first UK Number One single.
Read more: Billie Eilish takes the stealth approach on Bond theme ‘No Time To Die’
The song, which was co-written and produced by Eilish and her brother Finneas,
- A YouTube gamer has built a virtual replica of the Parasite house in The Sims 4.
Bong Joon-ho’s acclaimed film recently picked up four Oscars at the Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director for Bong.
Read more: Join the Bong Hive — a guide to Parasite director Bong Joon-ho’s films
YouTuber, gamer and architect Simkoongarchitect has created a scale recreation of the Park mansion depicted in Parasite inside the virtual world of The Sims 4.
The YouTuber has posted
- Joaquin Phoenix helped rescue a mother cow and her calf from a Los Angeles slaughterhouse two days after delivering a powerful speech at the Oscars which warned against “plundering” the planet’s natural resources.
Phoenix called for “the best of humanity” during his acceptance speech for Best Actor, which he won for his performance in the titular role in Joker, and also spoke about the plight of cows and their offspring.
Partnering with the animal rights group Farm
- Al Pacino has praised Eminem‘s live performance at the Oscars 2020.
The rapper performed ‘Lose Yourself’ during this year’s prize-giving event — although some viewers were left confused by the timing of the performance, given that there was no tangible link between this year’s Oscars and the rapper, nor the movie that the song featured in, 8 Mile.
Eminem later explained that he took up the invitation to perform ‘Lose Yourself’ at this year’s
- Kevin Hart has announced that he and Jason Statham are set to team up for a new movie, claiming that the film is “going to deliver on so many levels”.
The two actors have never before appeared together on the big screen.
Late last month, it was widely reported that Hart and Statham were in negotiations to co-star in the Sony action-comedy The Man From Toronto. Patrick Hughes, who directed The Hitman’s Bodyguard, is in the director’s chair, with production set to begin in
‘Parasite’ distributor responds to Donald Trump’s criticism of Oscars win: “Understandable, he can’t read”The distributors of Parasite have responded to Donald Trump after the US President hit out at the Oscars for awarding the film Best Picture.
The acclaimed movie, directed by Bong Joon-ho, made history earlier this month by becoming the first film not in English to win Best Picture. The darkly funny social satire also won awards for Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best International Feature Film.
Read more: Join the Bong Hive — a guide to Parasite director Bong Jo
- Donald Trump has hit out at the Oscars for awarding the best picture honour to Parasite, because the history-making film is South Korean.
The US President asked a rally in Colorado: “How bad were the Academy Awards this year?” The response was a sea of boos from the crowd.
“The winner is a movie from South Korea, what the hell was that all about?” Trump asked. “We got enough problems with South Korea with trade and on top of it, they give them the best movie of the
- The Police Academy reboot and another Ocean's installment may give HBO Max the kick they need.
- A new casting call in England may indicate that The Batman will have a Robin cameo at some point.
- The Joker star used a large portion of his Academy Awards speech to talk about the inhumane acts of the dairy industry.
- One review tore into John Krasinski's A Quiet Place, calling it socially regressive, amongst other things.
- Hostel director Eli Roth is directing a Borderlands movie for Lionsgate with producers Avi and Ari Arad on board.
- Pablo Escobar was one of the most successful and notorious drug lords of all time and Netflix is making a movie based on his Colombian zoo.
- William Brent Bell has signed on to direct Esther, a prequel to 2009's horror movie Orphan.
- Distributors from countries all across the world have lined up to purchase the rights to Train to Busan 2, aka Peninsula.
- The ensemble for Jurassic World 3 continues to fill out as production on the sequel gears up.
- Tom Holland was aksed to make a Sophie's Choice about who he'd like to see in a future Spider-Man movie.
- President Donald Trump granted 11 lucky Americans clemency through the use of his presidential pardon earlier this week.
- IMAX has released a new poster for No Time to Die, Daniel Craig's final outing as James Bond.
- Joe Russo, one of the Avengers: Endgame directors, is a big fan of Avatar's James Cameron calling him the godfather of modern cinema.
- The new film that sets the records straight about the controversial sequel to 'A Nightmare on Elm Street', which ended Mark Patton's acting career, just as it was about to begin.
- One of the actors from the original Star Wars trilogy told their nephew, Ewan McGregor, not to get involved with the franchise.
- Scream Factory is bringing Snoop Dogg's gothic ghetto tale Bones to blu-ray in March with all-new special features and a fresh 4K restoration.
- Marvel Studios and Sony had to renegotiate their Spider-Man deal over the summer and it seemed like Peter Parker's days in the MCU were numbered.
- We have an exclusive look at artist Dan Brereton's pieces in the upcoming Ghostbusters: Artbook, which gives fans a new look at the iconic franchise.
- Director of the cult hit In Bruges, Martin McDonagh, set to reunite the stars of the Belgium-set comedy for his next movie.
- While details remain scarce, a new Evil Dead movie is in the works, but it won't feature Ash Williams.
- Star Wars star Harrison Ford really could not care less about the difference between his tomb of Carbonite and Superman's radioactive weakness.
- Ahead of the New York Toy Fair, Lucasfilm has revealed a slew of new Star Wars products, including quite a few based on Baby Yoda.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!