- Accused double-murderer O.J. Simpson says there's 'not a shred of doubt' in his mind Tiger King star Carole Baskin killed her husband.
David Ayer says it would be “incredibly cathartic” to finish his original version of ‘Suicide Squad’David Ayer has said it would be “incredibly cathartic” for him to finish his original version of Suicide Squad.
Read more: The Suicide Squad movie: release date, plot details, cast and everything we know so far
The director wrote and directed the 2016 DC movie, but the copy of the film that was released in cinemas is said to be vastly different from Ayer’s original vision for the movie.
Last week, fans began calling for the ‘Ayer Cut’ of Suicide Squad to be released
- Gareth Evans, the co-creator of new crime drama Gangs Of London has revealed that he’s working on a new movie that will be set at Christmas.
Read More: ‘Gangs Of London’ review: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole swaps cities for ultra-violent crime epic in the Capital
Evans, who also wrote and directed 2009’s acclaimed action movie The Raid and its 2014 sequel, says that he’s been spending lockdown working on his return to the big screen.“I’ve bee
- Star Wars fans are campaigning for a sequel to 2018’s Han Solo spin-off Solo: A Star Wars Story on the anniversary of its US release.
Read More: Star Wars: here’s why ‘Solo’ flopped
Solo was considered a box office flop, and was the first Star Wars film to ever make a loss within its second week. It missed its projected North American opening targets by about $30 million (£25m).
Nevertheless, the film received reasonable reviews and holds a 70 percent rating on
- Paul Feig, director of 2016’s Ghostbusters reboot, has blamed the US presidential election for the movie’s poor showing at the box office.
Read more: Why I’m totally behind the all-female Ghostbusters movie
Speaking in a new interview, the filmmaker said he believes that the backlash against presidential candidate Hillary Clinton directly led to the failure of the all-female reboot, starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.
“I think some rea
- Unhinged, a road rage thriller starring Russell Crowe, is set to be the first major movie released in cinemas since the coronavirus lockdown.
Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirus
Due to arrive months earlier than originally planned, the movie, a psychological thriller that takes road rage to an unpredictable and terrifying conclusion, will arrive in US cinemas on July 1.
It comes after almost a million TV and film workers are estimated to have lost their jobs in Hol
- The Venice Film Festival is set to be one of the only large-scale events in the entertainment world to go ahead this year.
This week, Luca Zaia, the governor of the Veneto region of Italy, announced plans for the festival to go ahead on its scheduled dates of September 2-12.Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirusVenice is the world’s longest running film festival, having started in 1932. It looked like the festival would have to cancel its 2020 edition after Cann
- African American Vietnam veterans have discussed feeling neglected by the US after running to its defence, with parts of their war experiences reflected by Spike Lee’s new film Da 5 Bloods.
Several veterans told The Guardian that the US government gave them little support in the wake of the war’s end, as well as throughout their lives as ex-servicemen.
Da 5 Bloods, Lee’s first film since his Oscar-winning BlacKkKlansman (2018), which was loosely based on the true story of a bla
- Matthew McConaughey has done his bit for the coronavirus relief effort in his home state of Texas, delivering over 100,000 masks to local hospitals.
Along with his wife Camila Alves, McConaughey delivered 110,000 masks to rural hospitals in the state, which were purchased by car company Lincoln, with whom McConaughey is a spokesperson.
Sharing a photo of he and his wife in a truck on delivery duty on Facebook, McConaughey wrote: “Me and Camila Alves hitting the road to get em to rural hosp
- A vocal consultant for BB-8 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and The Rise Of Skywalker (2019), has revealed he stole a part of the Millennium Falcon and now keeps it in a jar.
Ben Schwartz, who alongside actor Bill Hader helped created the “voice” of BB-8 in the latest Star Wars trilogy, said he yanked a little too enthusiastically on a loose piece of insulation hanging from the ship’s ceiling while on set for The Rise Of Skywalker.Read more: Star Wars: The Rise Of S
- Simon Pegg has spoken about being pigeonholed as a comedy actor, while promoting his new thriller movie Inheritance.
The 50-year-old actor, who portrays a killer and rapist who’s held captive for 30 years in a secret bunker in the Vaughn Stein-directed film, said his reputation as a comedic star had led to him feeling “like people don’t take you seriously”, which can be “a little frustrating sometimes”.Read more: Coronavirus – bingeable TV box-sets to ke
Coronavirus: UK film and TV production likely to feature sea, space and “surreal closed in environments”British film and TV productions will need to adapt to the challenges posed by the coronavirus if projects are given the go ahead while a vaccine remains elusive.
That’s according to a leading screenwriter and author, Ewan Morrison (The Outlaw King), who said filmmakers should favour shows filmed in “locked-in and locked down studios” or in “remote locations”.Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirus“So, expect to see a lot of dram
- Several new releases and a few recent favorites are making their way to streaming this week including The Lovebirds, Body Cam, Inheritance, Buffaloed and more.
- Screenwriter Bob Gale has asked Universal Pictures to destroy a censored version of Back To The Future II after it made its way onto Netflix.
Read more: 24 facts about ‘Back To The Future’ that might surprise you
It comes after fans in the US shared their disappointment after an edited version of the classic second movie appeared on the streaming service earlier this week.
The altered scene comes when Marty McFly (played by Michael J. Fox) looks at a cover of Oh La La magaz
- John Malkovich has given a hilarious speech to a group preschoolers on their graduation day.
Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirus
On Thursday (May 21), the New Pope actor delivered a graduation address via Zoom to a class of preschool students via The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.
Introducing himself as “two-time Academy Award nominee John Malkovich,” he said: “You might know me from ‘The Killing Fields’, the story of the Kh
- Earth's Mightiest Heroes almost looked a lot different when they traveled through time, according to some newly released Endgame concept art.
- There was no streaming or Blu-ray players when The Empire Strikes Back first made it to home video.
- It's beginning to look like Zack Snyder's Justice League will be working with what it has with some cast members coming back for some dialogue.
- Ray Porter has officially stated that he will appear as Darkseid in Justice League Snyder Cut.
- Logan director James Mangold wouldn't mind Hugh Jackman reprising Wolverine for the MCU.
- Paul Feig thinks a Bridesmaids sequel would be a tall order to fulfill.
- Here are all the new characters expected to appear In Zack Snyder's Justice League.
- Many have wondered what Christopher Nolan's Tenet is really about, now a new synopsis pulls back some of the secrets.
- Production on the Avatar sequel is set to resume in New Zealand next week.
It comes as the country begins to go back to work following their coronavirus lockdown, with work also set to resume on Amazon’s Lord Of The Rings TV series soon.Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirusDeadline reported earlier this month that health and safety production protocols related to the restarting of film projects in New Zealand have been passed by the country’s government.
- It was officially announced earlier this week that Zack Snyder's Justice League will comes out on HBO Max next year.
- Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis weren't too happy to learn about Netflix streaming a censored version of Back to the Future 2.
- Prior to Universal Pictures delaying the movie by a full year, Fast & Furious 9 would have arrived in theaters this weekend.
- Full Moon Features' Blade: The Iron Cross looks completely insane in the first full-length trailer for the sequel.
- A magical creature causes mischievous havoc in the weird and wild new family adventure Four Kids and It.
- Star Joey King revealed a summer release date for The Kissing Booth 2 in a live stream with the cast.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!