- Corey Feldman is ramping up promotion for (my) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys, which premieres in March.
- Sports have been canceled or postponed due to current events, so social media is having some fun with fictional football players.
- We chat with Jesse Eisenberg who has not one, but two movies arriving on the same day with Resistance and Vivarium.
- Will Black Widow and Mulan get released online instead of in theaters? Apparently it's being considered at the moment.
- Jurassic Park and Peaky Blinders actor Sam Neill has shared a ukulele cover of Radiohead to “ease your mind”.
The star posted a video of him playing a snippet of the band’s hit ‘Creep’ on his Twitter page, captioning it: “DON’T BE FRIGHTENED! Here’s a little light entertainment to ease your mind if you’re in #LockdownForLove #CoronaLockdown #WeWillPrevail.”Read more: Mark, My Words: lockdown live-streams might be the future of music, af
- Director Cathy Yan reveals her weird weapon of choice that didn't make it into the final cut of Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.
- Artist BossLogic has recreated comic book creator Rob Liefeld's artwork and applied it to Chris Evans, with disturbing results.
- After a hugely successful run at theaters, Impractical Jokers: The Movie is coming home earlier than expected.
- Ryan Gosling is attached to star in an adaptation of the new novel from The Martian writer Andy Weir.
- The upcoming adaptation of Macbeth starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand has ceased production amid safety concerns.
- Iggy Pop and Josh Homme have revealed that they will be screening their American Valhalla documentary next week in a bid to make sure people stay at home during the coronavirus crisis.
Read more: The Big Read – Iggy Pop: “Punk has to have a sense of hopelessness about it”
American Valhalla tells the story of the collaboration between the two American rock mavericks, along with Dean Fertita (Queens of the Stone Age) and drummer Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys), that resul
- It looks like J.J. Abrams and Chris Terrio were going to introduce some ferocious space wolves in The Rise of Skywalker.
- Netflix has secured the rights to Dragon's Lair and will produce a movie based on the classic 80s video game.
- David Harbour has called on Marvel to release Black Widow online after the film’s cinematic release was postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, which focuses on Natasha Romanoff – aka Black Widow – after the events of Captain America: Civil War, was originally scheduled to be released on May 1, 2020.
Read more: Marvel Cinematic Universe phase four: everything we know so far
However, it’s among a number of big movies to have had
- Simon Pegg answered questions about the seminal horror film Shaun Of The Dead on the first episode of Bastille’s new film club Distraction Tactics earlier today (March 27).
The premise of Distraction Tactics is to tour the world via film, with Bastille frontman Dan Smith hosting a discussion of each film on the band’s Instagram at the end of the week.
Read more: WhatsApp film clubs and Houseparty pub quizzes: how social distancing is bringing people together online
The first sto
- Hollywood studios are going out of their way to explore new ways of releasing movies as the world embraces social distancing.
- Creator and writer Michael Waldron says that the upcoming Loki series is about an identity struggle.
- Zack Snyder's Cut of Justice League continues to get support from the fast food industry across North America.
- China has ordered all of its cinemas to close once again as it continues to battle the coronavirus, reports say.
Last week, the first cinema in China re-opened its doors after closing in January. “We can’t stay closed forever,” a representative for the Zhongying Golden Palm Cinema in Urumqi told Chinese media.
Almost 500 cinemas had re-opened this week, but now sources tell Deadline that they have all been now ordered to shut once again.Read more: All the films and TV shows sus
- Elephant and Dolphin Reef are two new Disneynature movies heading to Disney Plus this spring.
- The Disney+ Marvel special Expanding The Universe contains a blink and you'll miss it look at a new Iron Man suit.
- Scott Derrickson is a major horror fan and he brought some of that with him when he was making 2016's Doctor Strange.
- It appears that Disney+ might be looking to add some edgier content in the future, according to a leaked user survey.
- Stranger Things star Maya Hawke and her actor father Ethan have shared a family singalong to social media as they self-isolate at home together.
The pair, as Maya tells NME in a recent interview, are quarantined at Ethan’s home in Woodstock, New York, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to escalate.Read more: ‘Stranger Things’ star Maya Hawke: “I’m a showboat and a ridiculous clown”The Hawke family – Maya, Ethan, Maya’s brother Levon and half-sib
- Ridley Scott has called out Donald Trump for the way in which he’s handled the coronavirus crisis.
Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirus
Speaking in a new interview, the legendary director/producer was asked how he thinks world leaders are handling the coronavirus situation.
“Particularly with this orange-headed fellow that’s running us, he’s a nutcase, isn’t he?” Scott told Variety, referring to the US president.
- Despite a number of major production delays throughout Hollywood, Space Jam 2 is still chugging right along.
- According to research, the average adult spends between 3 to 5 hours on a smartphone a day, is that too much?
- IFC Films has released a new trailer for The Wretched from directors Brett and Drew Pierce.
- It's been over 40 years since A New Hope hit theaters, but even longer since it started production.
- After hundreds of movie theaters had reopened recently, China is once again ordering cinemas to shut their doors.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!