Chris Rock has shares details of his “really scary and really bloody” Saw reboot, which is due to hit cinemas later this year.
Read More: Saw at 15 – Cary Elwes on the iconic horror that “every studio turned down”
Filming on the ninth instalment of the long-running horror franchise began back in July, with Darren Lynn Bousman – director of Saw II, III and IV – at the helm. Originally set for release on October 23, 2020, the upcoming m
- A host of Hollywood stars, victims of Harvey Weinstein and MPs have reacted to the verdict that the disgraced movie mogul has been found guilty of sexual assault.
Weinstein was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault: a criminal sexual act in the first degree and rape in the third degree in New York City.
Ashley Judd, who was one of the first women who came forward to make allegations against Weinstein, was one of the first actresses to react to the verdict, tweeting: “For the women w
- Harvey Weinstein has been found guilty of two counts in his sexual assault trial in New York City.
The disgraced film producer’s New York trial began back in January on the same day that he was separately charged with rape and sexual assault in Los Angeles.
The jury of seven men and five women serving in Weinstein’s case at the State Supreme Court in Manhattan, New York returned the guilty verdicts on two counts today (February 24) after five days of deliberations.
Weinstein has been
‘12 Years A Slave’: Steve McQueen says he was told “a movie with black leads wouldn’t make any money”Steve McQueen has revealed that he was told that “a movie with black leads wouldn’t make any money” while he was making the Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave.
The director’s acclaimed 2012 film, an adaptation of Solomon Northup’s 1853 autobiography, starred Chiwetel Ejiofor and Lupita Nyong’o in leading roles.
The movie went on to gross over $187 million (£144.56 million) internationally at the box office. Nyong’o won Best Supporting Actress and the f
- Ben Affleck has renewed his support for the release of the Zack Snyder director’s cut of Justice League.
The 2017 DC Comics film was hit by tragedy during post-production following the death of Snyder’s daughter Autumn in March 2017. The Avengers director Joss Whedon took over directing duties from Snyder for the rest of post-production.
A fan campaign to get Snyder’s original cut of Justice League released has been bubbling away since, with Affleck — who played Batman /
- James Corden, actor, TV host and star of the feline-based flop Cats, has spoken about his experience shooting the widely-ridiculed musical, claiming he doesn’t “regret” his part in the film despite its poor performance critically and commercially.
Cats hit cinema screens in December after its design drew criticism on social media when the trailer launched in July 2019. The controversial CGI-heavy movie would go on to lose $100m at the box office and was mauled by critics.
- Chris Pratt has revealed that “everybody” will return for Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic World 3, which is scheduled for release sometime next year.
According to Pratt, the production is “bringing everybody back” for the third and final instalment of the Jurassic World saga. “I can’t tell you anything, but I can tell you it’s going to blow your mind. It’ll be the biggest and best yet,” Pratt told Variety on the red carpet at the premiere of
- Kirk Douglas has left the majority of his $61 million fortune to charity, it has been revealed.
The acclaimed actor, who starred in classics like Lust For Life, Spartacus and Paths Of Glory, died earlier this month, aged 103.
His son Michael Douglas confirmed the news of his passing in a statement on Facebook: “It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103.
“To the world he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of
- Venom 2 is currently shooting under the direction of Andy Serkis and we now have a few new looks at the highly anticipated sequel.
- Avengers: Endgame features a pretty large digital effects mistake on The Mad Titan that many MCU fans missed.
- Clint Eastwood is no longer backing Donald Trump in the 2020 election, stating that he thinks it’s time for a change of direction.
Read more: “Count me in as a pussy” – the entertainment world reacts to Clint Eastwood’s shocking comments
Back in 2016, the 86-year-old actor and director emerged as a defender of the divisive US President, telling people that they should “just fucking get over it” when he makes racist comments.
“We’re really in
- The Call of the Wild was no match for the Sonic the Hedgehog at this weekend's box office battle.
- Hatchet killer Victor Crowley is finally getting his own official action figures as revealed by NECA at Toy Fair 2020.
- Super7 is giving Halloween II fans their first look at their upcoming ReAction figures of Laurie Strode and Michael Myers.
- Robert Shaw's Quint and Roy Scheider's Brody are getting awesome new action figures from NECA as revealed at Toy Fair.
- 'Mad' Mike Hughes died while attempting to launch a homemade rocket during the filming of a Science Channel series.
- Joaquin Phoenix is serving as an executive producer on Gunda, a new documentary focusing on pig sentience.
Created by award-winning Russian filmmaker Victor Kossakovsky, the film examines the daily life of a pig and her three farm animal companions: two cows and a one-legged chicken.Read more: Mark, My Words: let’s make veganism rockSpeaking to Screen Daily, Phoenix said he was “deeply moved by the film” and described it as a “visceral meditation on existence”
- Netflix have shared a glimpse of its latest trilogy of animated Transformers films, which will open with Transformers: War For Cybertron: Siege.Read more: Here are the new films arriving on Netflix in 2020Following the conclusion of the Prime Wars arc in July 2018, Hasbro’s production studio Allspark and Netflix announced a new animated series of films, War for Cybertron.
John Derderian, Director of Anime for Netflix, said: “In this Transformers origin story, we will explore the expa
- Disney‘s Pixar has introduced its first lesbian character in upcoming new movie Onward.
Read more: Every Pixar film ranked in order of greatness
The movie follows two young elves (played by Tom Holland and Chris Pratt) who find a wizard’s magical staff, and it features a lesbian character, Officer Specter – a cyclops police officer voiced by Lena Waithe.
Slate confirmed that Specter identifies as queer, citing a line of dialogue she delivers in the movie. “My girlfriend&r
- Mark Ruffalo has revealed that Marvel boss Kevin Feige almost quit his job in 2012 over the studio’s lack of representation.
Read more: Marvel Cinematic Universe phase four: everything we know so far
The actor shared the revelation in a new interview with The Independent after being asked about Marvel’s historic lack of LGBTQI+ representation.
“When we did the first Avengers, Kevin Feige told me, ‘Listen, I might not be here tomorrow’,” he said.
- Fathom Events celebrates the 700th Anniversary of Scotland's fight for independence with Best Picture Oscar-Winner Braveheart and the U.S. Premiere of Robert the Bruce.
- It's February 22nd, which means you can officially buy your tickets for Corey Feldman's (my) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys.
- The Simpsons producer Al Jean offers a movie sequel update, insuring that it will be a standalone movie if it happens.
- A new Star Wars movie is currently in the works at Disney, it is being reported.
Read more: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker review: a sufficiently satisfying finale that gives fans exactly what they want
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the House of Mouse is currently developing the new project with Sleight director J.D. Dillard, and Matt Owens, a writer on Marvel shows Luke Cage and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He is currently co-writing One Piece, a live-action manga ad
- Jeffery Dean Morgan is a New York detective on the trail of his daughter's killer in The Postcard Killings.
- BossLogic has imagined what Robert Pattinson's new Batsuit will look like with a Cap in The Batman.
- Many DC Comics fans believe Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman costume has been spotted on The Batman set, but it's not what many were expecting.
- After becoming part of the James Bond canon with her No Time to Die theme song, Grammy-winning artist Billie Eilish thinks she knows who should be the next james bond.
- Lucasfilm has begun development on a new Star Wars movie as the franchise moves away from the Skywalker saga.
- Justice League star Ben Affleck discusses his exit from The Batman, explaining he last his passion for it.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!