- William Brent Bell has signed on to direct Esther, a prequel to 2009's horror movie Orphan.
- Distributors from countries all across the world have lined up to purchase the rights to Train to Busan 2, aka Peninsula.
- The ensemble for Jurassic World 3 continues to fill out as production on the sequel gears up.
- Tom Holland was aksed to make a Sophie's Choice about who he'd like to see in a future Spider-Man movie.
- President Donald Trump granted 11 lucky Americans clemency through the use of his presidential pardon earlier this week.
- IMAX has released a new poster for No Time to Die, Daniel Craig's final outing as James Bond.
- Joe Russo, one of the Avengers: Endgame directors, is a big fan of Avatar's James Cameron calling him the godfather of modern cinema.
- The new film that sets the records straight about the controversial sequel to 'A Nightmare on Elm Street', which ended Mark Patton's acting career, just as it was about to begin.
- One of the actors from the original Star Wars trilogy told their nephew, Ewan McGregor, not to get involved with the franchise.
- Scream Factory is bringing Snoop Dogg's gothic ghetto tale Bones to blu-ray in March with all-new special features and a fresh 4K restoration.
- Marvel Studios and Sony had to renegotiate their Spider-Man deal over the summer and it seemed like Peter Parker's days in the MCU were numbered.
- We have an exclusive look at artist Dan Brereton's pieces in the upcoming Ghostbusters: Artbook, which gives fans a new look at the iconic franchise.
- Director of the cult hit In Bruges, Martin McDonagh, set to reunite the stars of the Belgium-set comedy for his next movie.
- While details remain scarce, a new Evil Dead movie is in the works, but it won't feature Ash Williams.
- Star Wars star Harrison Ford really could not care less about the difference between his tomb of Carbonite and Superman's radioactive weakness.
- Ahead of the New York Toy Fair, Lucasfilm has revealed a slew of new Star Wars products, including quite a few based on Baby Yoda.
- Martin Scorsese has written a heartfelt letter to director Bong Joon-ho following the huge success enjoyed by the latter’s film Parasite at the Oscars 2020.
Parasite won Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay and Best International Feature Film at the ceremony earlier this month, while Bong triumphed in the Best Director category.
Read more: Join the Bong Hive — a guide to Parasite director Bong Joon-ho’s films
Speaking at a recent press conference in South Korea, Bong rev
- Mulan director Niki Caro has given some details on the grueling audition that star Liu Yifei was put through.
- Roland Emmerich, The director of the Independence Day movies, has given an update on the third movie and is still very interested in getting it made.
- George MacKay, star of Oscar-winning First World War movie 1917, has spoken of his desire to play Rick Sanchez in a future live-action film version of the hit animated series Rick and Morty.
Rick and Morty, which airs on Channel 4 in the UK, follows the exploits of a super-intelligent physicist and his intellectually-challenged grandson Morty. Together, they travel the universe solving apocalyptic problems while moving backwards and forwards in time.
Speaking at the UK premiere for his latest fi
- Thanos was the undisputed winner of Infinity War and the movie focused much of its attention on the villain.
- Director Rian Johnson has dismissed the idea that upcoming sequel Knives Out 2 will delve deeply into Benoit Blanc's backstory.
- Director of the upcoming Planet of the Apes movie has taken to social media to respond to the rumors the new movie will be a reboot.
- The Elvis Presley live film That’s The Way It Is is set to be re-released in April to mark its 50th anniversary.
Originally released in November 1970, the Denis Sanders-directed documentary was filmed during a series of shows Elvis played in Las Vegas in 1970.
Read more: Elvis ain’t dead – the weirdest Elvis Presley sightings and conspiracy theories
A synopsis for the film promises that it “crosses the footlights” to “reveal the legendary singer as a man prepa
- Universal boss Donna Langley has spoken in a new interview about the failure of the studio’s ambitious ‘Dark Universe’ franchise.
The studio’s attempt at establishing a cinematic universe based on its classic ‘Universal Monsters’ film series kicked off in 2014 with the release of Dracula Untold.
However, the second ‘Dark Universe’ release, the Tom Cruise-starring reboot of The Mummy in 2017, was critically panned upon release and posted a disappoin
Christian Bale says his ‘American Psycho’ castmates thought he was “the worst actor they’d ever seen”Christian Bale has revealed that a number of his American Psycho castmates thought that he was “the worst actor they’d ever seen” during filming.
The acclaimed Mary Harron-directed 2000 movie, which starred Bale as the psychotic investment banker Patrick Bateman, was an adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis’s 1991 novel of the same name.
Read more: 15 actors who underwent incredible physical transformations for film roles
Speaking to MovieMaker for a feature which looked back o
- Executives from Sony and Disney have spoken about the future of the Spider-Man movies following last year’s U-turn over its place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The two parties fell out in August over the future movie rights to the Marvel superhero, dumping Spider-Man out of the MCU. A month later, however, a new agreement was reached — with Spider-Man actor Tom Holland reaching out to both Sony’s Tom Rothman and Disney CEO Bob Iger in an effort to restart negotiations.
- Disney's Mulan remake has been awarded a PG-13 rating for violence.
- 20th Century Studios' The Call of the Wild and STX Films' Brahms: The Boy 2 both arrive at the box office this weekend.
25 Feb 202024 Feb 202023 Feb 202022 Feb 202021 Feb 202019 Feb 202018 Feb 202017 Feb 202016 Feb 202015 Feb 2020
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!