Fortnite is apparently recruiting Nick Fury as its next Marvel guest character.Earlier today, renowned Fortnite leaker @iFireMonkey posted the image seen below on Twitter, depicting former SHIELD director Nick Fury transported into the world of Fortnite Battle Royale. The leaker doesn't provide any details as to when Fury will be entering Epic's game, but this is pretty clear evidence that the former director is on his way.
Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. infiltrates Fortnite to help battle the Cubes.
- Sea of Thieves season 5 has launched on Xbox and PC, introducing a key feature that should change up the gameplay loop quite a bit: the ability to bury your treasure.Up until now, you've only been able to dig up treasure left by NPCs, but the headlining addition for Sea of Thieves' fifth season lets you bury and dig up other pirates' riches. Of course, buried treasure's worth naught if you forget where you put it, and thankfully the new feature lets you make a treasure map you can use to keep t
- Magic: The Gathering developer Wizards of the Coast has announced a new play format coming exclusively to MTG Arena on December 9. Called Alchemy, this new mode will regularly rebalance cards instead of outright banning them, as well as introduce brand new digital-only cards.While Alchemy will use the same sets and rotation schedule as Standard, Wizards of the Coast is explicit about the fact that this is not intended to replace what it’s now calling “Printed” formats. Instead,
- Oni Press (and its sister imprints Lion Forge and Limerence Press) has joined DC in partnering with the upstart new comics distribution company Lunar to get its comics and graphic novels to North American comic shops. Unlike DC however, Oni will be keeping its long-standing comic shop distribution deal with Diamond Comics Distributors - but Diamond will no longer be Oni's exclusive distributor to comic shops.
Dirtbag Rapture #1 cover (Image credit: Kendall GOode (Oni Press))
"We're pleased to mo
- Friday morning, I woke up feeling productive. I went to work, decided to build my favorite resident a vacation home, and they asked me for a specific aesthetic and some furniture they would love in their house. It took me a few hours, but the finished design combined with their smile made it all worth it. It was rewarding and relaxing – probably because I was not actually designing someone’s vacation home in real life, but Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC
- A new episode of Dying 2 Know gives 15 minutes of Dying Light 2 gameplay packed with bloody kills and impressive parkouring skills.The video gives us a look at a Dying Light 2 quest called 'A Place to Call Home' followed by some insights from senior producer Kornel Jaskula. The quest, which presumably takes place near the beginning of the game, starts with a glimmer of hope as lights around the city bring a world gripped by a decades-long pandemic slowly back to life. But let's not forget the g
- This week's GTA Online patch notes invite players to hunker down in their dream bunker between profitable running and gunning, dishing out bonus GTA$ and RP for a range of activities. Gunrunning Sell missions will award 50% more GTA$ and RP this week, while the Bunker Series will grant a full 3x more through December 13. Rewards for Mobile Operations missions have also been doubled. If you don't have a Mobile Operations Center on hand, you can get one and upgrade it for 40% off this week, t
- Despite rumors that circulated social media earlier this week, EA is still planning to release two more updates for Madden 22's franchise mode, reiterating what it says is its support for Madden as a live service game.In a new statement, EA Sports told IGN:We do not like to comment on rumors or speculation; however, we are committed to continuing to improve Franchise as a part of our ongoing Madden NFL 22 live service and beyond. This includes two upcoming Franchise updates that we'll deliver in
- You're used to seeing Aloy, Kratos, and Ratchet rendered in polygons, and now they've been rendered in lifelike gingerbread as a seasonal treat from PlayStation Sweden.The regional branch of PlayStation teamed up with Swedish tech retailer Webhallen to host the "PlayStation gingerbread city," a detailed (and slightly terrifying) creation by artist Caroline Eriksson. Eriksson specializes in gingerbread sculptures, and you can check out her Instagram to see other works of pop culture bread art inc
- Destiny 2 loadouts may soon be more than the stuff of dreams thanks to new tools available to third-party apps like the indispensable Destiny Item Manager.Bungie outlined these tools in its latest blog post after casually announcing that armor mods will be free to apply going forward, eliminating another pain point of build-crafting. Finally, your Glimmer is safe. Anyway, next week's big December 7 update will also see the release of "'free and reversible' socket actions" which third-party app m
- It's been 15 years since the conclusion of Marvel Comics' Civil War event that pitted Iron Man against Captain America in an ideological conflict. But there's something from the event's aftermath which is bringing the two heroes, who have long since squashed their beef, back together for a unique team-up title called Captain America/Iron Man.In the just-released preview of November 8's Captain America/Iron Man #1 (of 5), Iron Man and Captain America are called in to apprehend a costumed criminal
- A new Halo Infinite dynamic background is available for free on Xbox Series X/S, just ahead of the game's launch next week.Halo Infinite's multiplayer beta has been out for a few weeks now, but the full game - including the single-player campaign - is launching Wednesday, December 8. And in preparation for the big day itself, Xbox and 343 Industries have released a moving, dynamic Halo Infinite background so you can have a little companion Spartan keeping you going until the release date. Check
- The Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Fatesworn DLC release date has been revealed, and it's coming soon.The first piece of all-new content for the action RPG which was originally released in February, 2012 will arrive just shy of a decade later, on December 14, 2021. The date was revealed along with a new animated trailer that sets up the story for Fatesworn, which takes place after the conclusion of the story campaign and is largely set in the frosty, mountainous region of Mithros - though y
- Call of Duty co-founder and Respawn Entertainment head Vince Zampella is taking the reigns on the Battlefield series amidst a major franchise shakeup.On the heels of Battlefield 2042's rocky launch, a new report from GameSpot details several major changes at the highest levels of the series' development team and structure. With Zampella now leading the charge, EA DICE aims to build what's being called a "connected Battlefield universe" seemingly consisting of multiple unannounced games or experi
- EA is looking to build a Battlefield "universe" around and on top of Battlefield 2042, and it's enlisted Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto to head a new studio focused on narrative content for the franchise.Lehto will lead a new Seattle-based team focused on building "storytelling opportunities now and well into the future," as Battlefield general manager Byron Beede told GameSpot. The opaque "experiences" in the works at the studio, which is still in its early days, will shape "later seasons" of Bat
- If you like the Netflix streaming series Hellbound, you'll love the new digital-first comic book series TerrorWar. This isn't a battle between heaven and help thoughl; instead, it's a battle against paranormal monsters who feed on your fear and have cropped up on Earth just as humanity recovers from a near-apocalypse and survive in a patchwork city.
TerrorWar cover (Image credit: Dave Acosta/Jay Leisten/Water Pererya/Shawn Lee (Copper Bottle))
"TerrorWar is the story of Blue City, a futuristic m
- Once again, the Marvel Universe has put a law on the books outlawing superheroes, this time in the city limits of New York City. In a preview of the upcoming Devil's Reign #1 (of 6), New York City mayor Kingpin (yeah, the classic Daredevil villain) has announced a new law - 'The Powers Act' - which makes anyone with superhuman abilities illegal, and which states anyone doing "destructive vigilantism" will be arrested by the New York Police Department.(Good luck with that - they can't even put cu
- EA is restructuring as it shifts focus to building out the Battlefield franchise. Following a troubled launch for Battlefield 2042. DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson is leaving the company at the end of the year to pursue another role outside of EA. In response, Zampella will be adding DICE to his portfolio of EA studios as Group GM, which already includes Ripple and Respawn, GameSpot reports.Zampella had already been working more closely with DICE since early 2020, when it was announced he'
- Polyarc has announced that Moss: Book 2 will launch in spring 2022. While a release date has yet to be set, the launch window means we can expect to see Moss: Book 2 arrive on PlayStation sometime in the first half of next year. The sequel will build on the story explored in the first Moss, with mouse protagonist Quill dealing with a winged tyrant that is hunting her within the hexed castle. New allies, old friends, and the castle itself will provide aid for Quill and players as they combat enem
- Moss: Book 2, the sequel to VR puzzle game Moss from 2018, has a Spring 2022 release date.Originally revealed during July’s PlayStation State of Play, Moss: Book 2 builds upon the story told in the first game. In the sequel, Quill - having rescued her uncle Argus in the previous game - continues her journey after discovering that she is being hunted by a winged tyrant from the hexed castle where her uncle was previously held captive. So far all we’ve seen of Moss: Book 2 is the
- Update 12/2 1:03 pm PT: EA game director and former Halo creative art director Marcus Lehto has confirmed that he will be working on a Battlefield related project for the Battlefield universe.In a Tweet, Lehto explains, "A few weeks ago I mentioned that I joined EA, and now it's awesome to finally talk about what I'm doing at EA." He continues, "Battlefield has long been one of my favorite franchises and I'm super excited to be part of a large and growing team of talented developers and studios!
Putting the art in martial arts: in Edge 366, discover how Sifu demonstrates Sloclap’s mastery of kung-fu actionIf you’re after bone-crunching action – and we’re not talking about our chiropractor visit following a Black Friday weekend hunched over our computers – then look no further than E366’s cover star. Sloclap’s Sifu offers brutal, balletic martial-arts action: think The Raid, then think Jackie Chan and split the difference, and you’re close to imagining what its uncompromising, beautifully choreographed action feels like. In our cover story, we learn
- Solar Ash hardcore mode is just waiting to challenge you after you clear the game.The next game from the creator of Hyper Light Drifter just hit PS4, PS5, and PC via the Epic Games Store today, and Alx Preston couldn't wait to tease a little extra feature that he'd kept secret right up until the eve of its release date.
BTW there is a secret hardcore mode in Solar Ash...December 1, 2021See more
While the existence of Solar Ash hardcore mode was kept secret up until release, the way to get it isn
- Kojima Productions appears to be on a hiring spree with what looks to be almost 30 roles currently available at the studio. According to the Kojima Productions website, the studio is looking for the likes of a character artist, writer, level designer, project manager, and more. As there are so many jobs up for grabs at the moment, and all of the job listings are in Japanese, it’s hard to tell exactly what the Hideo Kojima lead studio is up to. The only clue we do have from the jo
- The latest Genshin Impact Spiral Abyss update added the new Rifthound enemies to the end-game dungeon, and they are absolutely taking names – and soaking up hits like the spongiest bullet sponges to ever sponge bullets. Rifthounds were first introduced with the latest Inazuma island, and we just recently met the Golden Wolflord, a new world boss and the leader of the ethereal canines. But this is the first time players have fought them in the Spiral Abyss, and the dungeon's scaled-up
- Fourteen-year Bethesda veteran Nate Purkeypile, who worked on Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and was the lead artist on Fallout 76, has announced his own new game called The Axis Unseen. It is a first-person dark-fantasy open-world hunting game, which is probably not a series of words that has ever been strung together to describe any game.But The Axis Unseen is no joke. As you can see in the reveal trailer above as well as the screenshots below, it's gorgeous. Purkeypile is using Unreal Engine 5
- A new Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl update is out now, but it's a little on the light side in details.The new update for both Gen 4 remakes actually launched yesterday on December 1. Chiefly, the patch for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl fixed multiple issues that would "prevent the game from progressing under certain circumstances," according to the official Nintendo website. However, the website doesn't specify what circumstances these actually are.The only other detail about
- PowerWash Simulator just enabled online co-op for the first time, letting you clean the hell out of grimy stuff with up to five of your friends.The new update to the surprise hit Steam Early Access game went live today, enabling two-player co-op for the standard Career Mode and six-player co-op for Free Play. To invite a pal in to help with your career as a cleaner, all you need to do is start a job and enable hosting via the toggle in the top left corner of the tablet menu. Note that your co-op
- 'Destiny of X' appears to be the next chapter of Marvel's X-Men franchise following the current 'Reign of X' era, with a new teaser apparently tying the 'Destiny of X' branding to the upcoming X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine twin limited series.Along with the art, which shows multiple versions of Wolverine, as seen in X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, the teaser carries the tagline "Choose your destiny."What does this mean for the X-Men and the future of Krakoa? It's hard to say, as
- Marvel's mysterious 'Destiny of X' appears to be the next chapter of the X-Men franchise following the current 'Reign of X' era, with two new teasers seemingly hinting at the involvement of multiple eras/time periods for the characters and by extension, the entire mutant corner of the Marvel Universe.Along with the art (seen in the gallery below) that shows multiple versions of Storm and Wolverine, respectively, the teasers carry the tagline "Choose your destiny."Given Marvel's marketing history
Follow @Newslockergames on Twitter!