- Vivo has been tipped to enter the tablet segment with a Snapdragon 870-powered offering. Recent leaks suggest that Oppo and OnePlus will also be launching tablets soon.
Oppo Reno 7 Series to Feature Shooting Star Design, Sport Company’s Thinnest Bezels Among Reno PhonesOppo Reno 7 series is set to launch on February 4 and the company has shared details of the smartphone’s design ahead of the arrival of the upcoming Reno 7 series. The smartphones will feature aircraft-grade Shooting Star design which features 1.2 million micro-lines with an 8-micrometre engraving depth, according to the company. The upcoming Oppo Reno 7 series is l...
- Chris Evans will be joining Dwayne Johnson in an upcoming Amazon Prime Video action adventure flick, titled Red One.
- Several YouTube accounts of pro-crypto influencers and Indian exchanges were breached by cyber criminals on January 24. They displayed a video message on compromised handles asking people to wire them crypto assets on a wallet address they showed. Details about the hackers and victims remains unknown.
- Pixel Notepad, the foldable smartphone from Google price details and availability in the international markets have been shared. As per a report, the smartphone’s price could be $1,399 (roughly 1,04,500) in the US. This price is subject to change.
- A Belarusian hacktivist group says it has launched a limited cyberattack on the national railway company, aimed at impeding the movement of Russian troops and freight inside the Moscow-allied country. It said it encrypted some servers, databases, and workstations.
- Realme 9 could just be identical to the Realme 8 5G, a listing on the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) website has suggested. The new Realme phone is rumoured to have 18W fast charging support and come with a hole-punch display design.
- As the US grapples with the 5G rollout affecting airlines, a European Union watchdog warned the EU faces much bigger economic and security threats unless member countries step up cooperation.
- The Internet watchdog Citizen Lab has been remarkably effective in calling to account governments and private sector firms that use information technology to put people in peril.
- An automated Twitter account that posted Wordle spoilers to people who shared their daily results has been kicked off the platform.
- Bitcoin has managed to break above $36,000 (roughly Rs. 30 lakh) after a slight revival over the past couple of days, stemming a painful losing streak that saw prices tumble to lows near the $33,000 (roughly Rs. 20 lakh) mark.
iPhone 15 Pro LTPO OLED Displays Reportedly May Not Be Supplied by Samsung, BOE to Manufacture Them InsteadApple is reportedly going to procure the OLED panels for the iPhone 15 Pro from BOE. Samsung and LG are expected to provide displays for other iPhone 15 models.
- Redmi Note 11S is scheduled to launch on February 9, and tipster Yogesh Brar has shared some key specifications of the smartphone. Xiaomi Nepal has shared a teaser image of the vanilla Redmi Note 11 that reveals the display specifications of the smartphone.
Traders' body files complaint with CCI accusing Amazon of concealing facts for More Retail takeover nodCAIT said that Amazon has taken over More Retail through Samara Alternate Investment Fund (Samara AIF) that owns 51 per cent equity in Witzig Advisory LLP that in-turns owns More Retail Limited. It further stated that Amazon has obtained approval from CCI for the takeover of More Retail Limited "by suppression and concealment".
- "Google falsely led consumers to believe that changing their account and device settings would allow customers to protect their privacy and control what personal data the company could access," Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine's office said
- Tencent Holdings, China's biggest social media and video games company, said it fired nearly 70 staff over bribery and embezzlement incidents last year and named 13 companies it had blacklisted from future contracts.
- "The exploit appears to come from the fact that it was previously possible to re-list an NFT at a new price, without cancelling the previous listing," said Tom Robinson, chief scientist and cofounder at Elliptic.
- Logitech International reported a 2% drop in third-quarter sales as the computer peripherals-maker lapped tough comparisons from a year earlier, when the pandemic boosted demand for its products.
- Meta said that its new AI Research SuperCluster (RSC) would help the company build better AI models that can learn from trillions of examples, work across hundreds of languages, and analyze text, images and video together to determine if content was harmful.
- OnePlus 10 Pro is reportedly getting various optimisations and fixes to the smartphone in the latest ColorOS 12.1 update. The update addresses issues related to camera, system, and SIM-related issues.
- The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) launched a month-long "clean cyberspace" campaign, which it said would target online abuse, "chaos" in celebrity fan groups and "money worship", among other issues.
- A bug in the largest NFT marketplace, OpenSea, allowed attackers to purchase at least $1 million (roughly Rs. 7.4 crore) worth of NFTs across multiple different wallets for significantly below market price, blockchain analytics firm Elliptic said on Monday.
- Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2022 event’s official date has leaked online. The company is expected to unveil the Samsung Galaxy S22 series during the event. The new non-foldable flagship lineup is likely to include the regular Samsung Galaxy S22 model, alongside the Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra models.
- Lenovo Halo specifications have been spotted online, giving enthusiasts an idea of what to expect from the company’s upcoming smartphone. The smartphone is said to be powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, paired with up to 16GB of RAM and 256GB of inbuilt storage. It is tipped to launch with a 6.67-inch POLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and come with a 50-megap...
Vodafone Idea (Vi) Expects Another Hike in Mobile Services Rates This Year, CEO Ravinder Takkar SaysVi may raise mobile services rates this year as well but it will depend on the market reaction to the increase in tariff that the company made in November, a top official of the company said.
- The Dutch consumer watchdog fined Apple EUR five million (roughly Rs. 42 crore) on Monday for failing to allow dating app operators to choose payment options other than its own Apple Pay system in its Dutch App Store.
- Micromax In Note 2 will debut in India today. The smartphone will be unveiled at 12pm. It is teased to come with a 6.43-inch AMOLED display and a quad camera setup at the back. The handset will succeed the Micromax In Note 1 that was launched in November 2020.
WhatsApp for Android Appears With ‘Community Home’ Where Multiple Groups Could Be Listed Under One RoofWhatsApp is seen building a new section called “Community Home” where it would list all groups linked to a certain community under one roof. The references about the update appeared through a new WhatsApp for Android beta release.
- A group of top US justice officials accused Google in lawsuits of tracking and profiting from users' location data, despite leading consumers to think they could protect their privacy on the tech giant's services.
- Logitech International reported a 2 percent drop in third-quarter sales as the computer peripherals-maker lapped tough comparisons from a year earlier, when the pandemic boosted demand for its products.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!