- AT&T is considering launching ad-supported cell phone plans that would offer savings of up to $10 a month on regular rates.
- Ride-hailing major Uber is all set to bring Sukumar Rathnam, currently a Vice President at Amazon, as its new Chief Technology Officer, the media reported.
Asus ROG Magic 14-ACRNM Limited Edition Gaming Laptop With AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS CPU, 32GB RAM LaunchedAsus ROG Magic 14-ACRNM Limited Edition has been launched in China. Asus has collaborated with Munich-based fashion brand ACRONYM for the Asus ROG Magic 14-ACRNM and it carries the ‘ZPHRYS’ branding on the bottom panel and a perforated top panel with some design on it.
- Google removed Paytm from the Play store due to policy violations. In addition to the Paytm app, Google Play has pulled the Paytm First Games app that included the same fantasy cricket features with real money betting as the core Paytm app.
- MarQ by Flipkart has launched three new smart TVs in India. The new lineup includes a 32-inch HD TV, a 43-inch full-HD TV, and a 4K Ultra HD model. The pricing of the new lineup starts at Rs. 11,999 and these models are available for purchase via the e-commerce site.
- Mozilla is shutting down Firefox Send and Firefox Notes. Both the services were part of the Firefox Test Pilot program. Firefox Send had been taken offline in July after it was discovered that it was being used to deliver malware.
- "We're making a decision. We spoke today to Walmart, Oracle -- I guess, Microsoft is still involved. We'll make a decision. But nothing much has changed. We'll make a decision soon," Trump told reporters at the White House.
- Facebook Inc on Thursday said it would update its internal discussion policies to impose restrictions on employees’ ability to debate social and political issues. New rules to be announced next week. “..employees..want the option to join debates on social and political issues rather than see them unexpectedly in their work feed,” spokesman Joe Osborne said in a statement.
- Trump ordered ByteDance last month to divest TikTok amid U.S. concerns that the personal data of as many as 100 million Americans who use the app could be passed on to China's Communist Party government.
- Paytm app has just been removed from Google Play. In addition to the Paytm app, Google Play has pulled the Paytm First Games app that included the same fantasy cricket features with real money betting as the core Paytm app.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G has been briefly spotted on the company’s website in Germany. A support page for the smartphone that is now removed revealed the name and an image of the phone.
- Call of Duty: Warzone may be coming to mobile, a job listing on Activision’s website has suggested. The position listed on the website had the title ‘Executive Producer, Features (WZM)’ where WZM is speculated to stand for Warzone Mobile.
- Moto E7 Plus will be launched in India on September 23 at 12pm (noon) via Flipkart. The phone was originally unveiled in Brazil last week through an official listing on the company website. Now, it has got a dedicated Flipkart page with the date and time for the unveiling.
- TikTok, already under scrutiny over its Chinese ownership and threatened with a possible ban by US President Donald Trump, is facing another major challenge: how to handle content around its first US presidential election.
- iOS 14 has been released for all iPhone and iPad users earlier this week, and one of the new features includes the ability to change the default browser and mail app settings. However, a new bug has now been reported that apparently resets Mail and Safari as default mail and browsers apps after an iPhone or iPad is rebooted.
- Facebook on Thursday said it is cracking down on private groups where hate or misinformation is shared among members.
- Did you pick up Disney+ Hotstar Premium for Rs. 99 on Flipkart? Well, it wasn’t real. Flipkart has communicated to Gadgets 360 that “an unexpected error” led to the Disney+ Hotstar Flipkart deal. Flipkart will refund all purchases the Rs. 99 Disney+ Hotstar Premium Flipkart voucher.
Court Orders People Against Conspiracy Theories Connecting FAU-G, Goqii Vital 3.0 With Sushant Singh RajputA civil court in Mumbai has passed an interim order to restrict people from spreading rumours that FAU-G and Goqii Vital 3.0 were conceptualised by Sushant Singh Rajput, the actor who died in June. The order restrains users from “posting and reposting tweets, sharing posts, sending messages and videos on various social media platforms” including Facebook, LinkedIn...
- Alexa, Amazon’s voice assistant, is now available in Hindi for smartphone users in India. The Alexa app on Android and iOS now supports Hindi language and the development was shared on the first anniversary of Alexa’s Hindi support in India.
- WhatsApp is actively working on introducing several changes to the Wallpaper section of its chat app, including many customisation options to tinker with
- The best series to watch on Disney+ Hotstar in 2020 span VIP (Phineas and Ferb), Hindi (Sarabhai vs Sarabhai), Disney (DuckTales), English (Game of Thrones), free (Malgudi Days), Premium (The Simpsons), and beyond.
- Twitter, which was recently targeted in a hacking campaign that compromised the accounts of prominent political figures and celebrities, said on Thursday it was implementing more security measures for certain election-related accounts in the United States.
Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2020 Kicks Off: Best Offers on Mobile Phones, Laptops, and Other Electronics DealsFlipkart Big Saving Days 2020 sale is now live. The three-day sale offers discounts and bundled offers on mobile phones, laptops, TVs, audio gear, and more. We've picked the best deals and offers you can grab on Flipkart's sale today.
- OnePlus 7T is getting a new white colour option. As the flagship phone completes a year in October, OnePlus 7T has been launched in a fresh colour variant in order to commemorate it. The OnePlus 7T white edition has only been released in China so far, but it can be speculated that the company will soon launch it in other markets as well.
- The much-anticipated Sony WH-1000XM4 is priced at Rs. 29,990 and promises to be better than the WH-1000XM3 it replaces. Is this the best wireless noise cancelling headset you can buy today? Find out in our review.
- A little over a month after the global launch, Sony has unveiled the WH-1000XM4 headphones in India, priced at Rs. 29,990. The premium wireless noise cancelling headphones go on sale on Amazon starting September 18.
- Amid a looming deadline set by President Donald Trump, negotiators scrambled to find a new ownership structure for the popular video app TikTok that would pass muster in both the United States and China.
- OnePlus Buds Z will reportedly be the affordable variant of the OnePlus Buds true wireless stereo (TWS) earphones. Without giving any details, a known tipster has shared a cryptic message on Twitter that apparently tips the name of the alleged unannounced earphones.
- Facebook is again being sued for allegedly spying on Instagram users, this time through the unauthorised use of their mobile phone cameras.
- A ransomware attack on a hospital in Germany may have led to the death of a patient in what could be the first case of its kind.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!