- Saturday Night Live’s post-election edition featured a particularly cutting rendering of Rudy Giuliani — fresh off his widely ridiculed appearance that day at a low-end Philadelphia landscape gardening business.Regular cast member Kate McKinnon has played Mr Giuliani before, but this time deployed her impression at a particularly salient moment, hot on the heels both of Mr Giuliani’s bizarre press conference and of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’s victory speeches.
- A new biopic pays tribute to Capt GR Gopinath who launched India's first budget airline.
- Already bursting with pride at Kamala Harris's ancestry, India has now started digging up potential local roots for US President-elect Joe Biden.
- U.S. prosecutors are asking Attorney General William Barr to rescind a memo issued earlier this week that instructed them to publicly investigate "substantial" allegations of vote counting irregularities, saying they have not seen the unusual activity, the Washington Post reported on Friday.The 16 assistant U.S. attorneys specially assigned to monitor the presidential election this month also said Barr's Monday memorandum had thrust prosecutors into partisan politics and that the policy change w
- Plus: College football and COVID-19, Trump breaks a record, and has the pandemic made San Francisco more affordable?
- While Pennsylvania’s ballot tracker shows a recorded mail-in ballot for a Denise Ondick, officials have yet to determine this was voter fraud.
- Republican Young Kim defeated U.S. Rep. Gil Cisneros on Friday in a Southern California district, the second GOP candidate to snatch a Democratic-held seat in the state this year.The contest in the 39th Congressional District anchored in Orange County was a rematch from 2018, when Cisneros was one of seven Democrats who claimed GOP-held California districts that year.Kim overcame President Donald Trump’s poor performance in heavily Democratic California, where he got only one-third of the
A Republican House candidate prematurely claimed victory in a race to unseat Democratic congresswoman Lauren Underwood, and then went to new member orientation even after she was declared the winner"Jim Oberweis doesn't get to call this election: the voters do. There are thousands of votes that have yet to be counted," Rep. Lauren Underwood said.
Elon Musk's positive COVID-19 test means he likely can't attend SpaceX's astronaut launch on Sunday, based on NASA rulesMusk's positive tests couldn't have come at a worse time: SpaceX is set to launch four NASA astronauts into orbit for its Crew-1 mission on Sunday.
- The governor said the result came as part of routine testing procedure.
Pelosi's office backs down. Incoming House member dinner switches to boxed meals after event gets skewered on social media.Pelosi's chief of staff tweeted "Members-elect are now picking up their boxed meals and departing the Capitol. There is no group dinner."
- The vice president and Second Lady Karen Pence were on hand to see youngest child Audrey Pence Tomanelli tie the knot.The bride posted a black and white picture to Instagram of her parents watching her kiss husband Daniel Tomanelli outside the steps of a courthouse.There is no sign of anyone in the wedding pictures wearing a mask but they are all socially distancing.
- Another sweet deal has gone sour in Haiti.
- Police in a small Detroit suburb stumbled onto the discovery of a lifetime recently when they charged a man for stealing hydrocodone pills from the local CVS pharmacy where he worked. After fingerprinting the man, a licensed traveling pharmacist by the name of Paul Dickson, authorities learned they had much more on their hands than a case of petty theft: Paul Dickson was in fact Leonard Rayne Moses, a convicted killer who’d been on the lam for nearly five decades.“We’ve never f
- The FEC would have three Republicans, two independents and only one Democrat if the Senate moves forward
- ‘He has not shown any sign of remorse. While in detention, he has not talked about his family at all,’ probation officer says
- In his first public comments in over a week, Trump, who is yet to concede in the election, criticized Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who said he planned to have a panel of experts review a vaccine.
- The Trump administration promised that 20 million Americans would receive a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of the year.
- Authorities said he even flashed a fake badge.
- Do union organizers have a right to go on agricultural land, or does that violate private property rights? The Supreme Court will decide.
- Mark Kelly had already claimed victory and travelled to Washington DC
20 million Americans could get a coronavirus vaccine next month, according to the head of Operation Warp SpeedEven more people could start receiving coronavirus shots next year, if the top experimental vaccines get a green light from regulators.
- While talking about the possibility of further restrictions due to COVID-19 in a speech at the White House Friday, President Trump seemed to almost acknowledge that he was defeated by President-elect Joe Biden.
- A Michigan circuit judge on Friday refused to block the certification of the Detroit area’s election results after a conservative legal nonprofit filed a lawsuit alleging massive voter fraud in the heavily Democratic city.In his ruling, Wayne County circuit judge Timothy Kenny called the allegations made in the conservative Great Lake Justice Center’s lawsuit “incorrect and not credible.”The election challengers named in the suit “paint a picture of sinister fraudul
- They were his first public remarks in nearly a week
- Since losing the 2020 election, the president has used Twitter almost exclusively to vent baseless allegations of voter fraud
- President Trump's update about the COVID-19 pandemic seemed to nearly collide with the elephant in the room — his election loss.Trump spoke publicly on Friday for the first time since the presidential election, addressing the coronavirus pandemic and vowing he'd never implement lockdown measures to help curb the out-of-control spread of the virus. "This administration will not be going to a lockdown," Trump said.But he seemed to catch himself from preemptively criticizing the future Biden
- U.S. health officials are taking a new tack to encourage Americans to wear masks: They're emphasizing recent research that a mask protects the person who wears it.Previously, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advised people to wear masks because of evidence that it stops people who are infected with coronavirus — whether they know it or not — from spreading it to others.It continues to advise Americans to wear masks to stop the virus from spreading.
SpaceX's next astronaut mission for NASA has been delayed until Sunday due to wind and issues with the rocket-booster recoveryThis is the fourth time NASA has delayed the launch of its Crew-1 mission with SpaceX, but the first time due to weather.
- President Donald Trump insisted on Friday he would never put the United States into a coronavirus lockdown but said "time will tell" if another administration takes office in January and does so, the closest he has come to acknowledging that President-elect Joe Biden could succeed him.In his first public remarks since Biden last Saturday was widely projected the winner, Trump said he expects a coronavirus vaccine to be available for the entire population as soon as April, amid a crush of new inf
Follow @FinanceUSA_News on Twitter!