Republican National Committee chair says QAnon is 'something the voters are not even thinking about'In a recent poll, most voters who said they were familiar with QAnon characterized the movement as "very bad" for the country.
- The TSA crossed a long-awaited threshold Sunday, screening 1 million passengers at airport checkpoints for the first time since March 17.
Senator Kamala Harris demands federal investigation of police shooting of Breonna Taylor in KentuckyThe Louisville Metro Police investigation that led officers to Breonna Taylor's home centered around a "trap house" 10 miles from her apartment.
- Japan has been pursuing such pacts in recent years to bolster ties with Southeast Asian countries and sustain its own defense industry.
- Iranians are suffering from interlinking maladies: the worst coronavirus outbreak in the Middle East, intensifying U.S. sanctions and a collapsing economy.
- Trailing in a string of national and state polls, the president spends much of his time these days making vicious attacks on opponent Joe Biden.
- Dr. Deborah Birx has reportedly been trying to get controversial adviser Dr. Scott Atlas removed from the White House coronavirus task force.A new report in The Washington Post describes the "discord on the coronavirus task force" that has reportedly "worsened" ever since the arrival of Atlas, a neuroradiologist who has no background in epidemiology. Atlas has reportedly "succeeded in largely sidelining" other doctors on the White House coronavirus task force, has challenged analysis from Birx a
- French police on Monday launched a series of raids targeting Islamist networks three days after the beheading of a history teacher who had shown his pupils a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed.
- Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed another trove of ancient coffins in a vast necropolis south of Cairo, authorities said Monday.The Tourism and Antiquities Ministry said in a statement that archaeologists found the collection of colorful, sealed sarcophagi buried more than 2,500 years ago at the Saqqara necropolis.Mostafa Waziri, secretary general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, said more than 80 coffins were found.
- Portugal's coronavirus cases passed 100,000 on Monday, with nearly 2,000 new infections in the past 24 hours, days after tough new measures to contain the disease came into force."Everyone's tiredness is legitimate but it cannot legitimise failure," the secretary of state for health, Antonio Sales, told a news conference."We continue to depend on each other - and our success is the success of Portugal."
- Biden pointed his finger at my heart, said 'trans rights are human rights,' and told me about his plans to ensure no LGBTQ person gets left behind.
- Traffic was blocked off on Sunday after a man dangled from a rope on the side of the Chicago Trump Tower demanding to speak to President Donald Trump.The man was loaded into an ambulance Monday morning after a 13-hour standoff with Chicago police.The Chicago Sun-Times reported that onlookers wondered if the scene was part of an action stunt for the upcoming Batman movie being filmed in the city.
- A plan to retrieve the ocean liner’s radio received pushback as archaeologists say human remains could still be there.
- Scorched grass, some trees on the horizon and coils of barbed wire are visible from a small slit in the wall protecting a trench on the frontline of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Family of Moscow-Born Teen Who Beheaded Teacher Were from Chechnya Where Charlie Hebdo Cartoons Are DemonizedMOSCOW—The man known as ‘Putin’s attack dog’ has spent years promoting a violent response to the publication of controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad. When a teenager from a Chechen family beheaded a school teacher in France on Friday for sharing these images with his class, Ramzan Kadyrov, the Putin-backed ruler of Chechnya, took to social media to lecture France about its “unacceptable attitude to Islamic values.”Kadyrov has worked hard to make the
- First Read is your briefing from "Meet the Press" and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.
- A sheriff called the actions “a total disregard for authority.”
- Greece’s government says it has finalized plans to extend a wall along its northeast border with Turkey, over concerns that migrants may try to stage mass crossings into the European Union country.Government spokesman Stelios Petsas said Monday that 26 kilometers (16 miles) of wall would be added to an existing 10-kilometer (six-mile) section in a 63-million-euro ($74 million) project due to be completed by the end of April.A standoff occurred at the border earlier this year after Turkey s
- Championing his administration’s energy policies, says dishwashers now ‘beautiful’ and source of female support
I drove a $49,000 Acura TLX to see if all-new luxury sedan can still deliver in a world dominated by SUVsThe sedan is in a tough position as SUVs take over the world, but it's always been a stupendous bargain, and the new edition is no exception.
‘I’ve never felt so frightened’: Trump’s attacks on mail-in ballots and fears of intimidation lead to surge in early voting in PhiladelphiaEarly voters in Philadelphia say they were motivated by Trump’s attacks on the electoral process, reports Richard Hall
The pandemic has changed how the wealthy buy planes amid a boom of first-time buyers. Here's how sales firms are closing deals amid a global crisis.The pandemic has turned the private aircraft market into a buyer's market but travel restrictions have made it harder to purchase an aircraft.
- Tropical Depression 27 has strengthened into Tropical Storm Epsilon, the 26th named storm of the 2020 hurricane season. It could become a Category 1 hurricane as soon as Thursday.
- A new tropical depression, number 27 of the season, has formed in the Atlantic, and it could strengthen into Hurricane Epsilon as soon as Thursday.
- Imagine parallel parking a 15-passenger van into just two to three parking spaces surrounded by two-story boulders. On Oct. 20, a University of Arizona-led NASA mission 16 years in the making will attempt the astronomical equivalent more than 200 million miles away. A NASA mission called OSIRIS-REx will soon attempt to touch the surface of an asteroid and collect loose rubble. OSIRIS-REx is the United States’ first asteroid sample return mission, aiming to collect and carry a pristine, una
Sen. Cornyn: Relationship with Trump Was Like ‘Women Who Get Married and Think They’re Going to Change Their Spouse’Senator John Cornyn (R.,Texas) on Friday worked to distance himself from President Trump, saying he had privately disagreed with the president on issues including budget deficits, trade agreements and border security.The high-ranking Republican senator, facing a tougher-than-expected reelection race against Democrat M.J. Hegar, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that his relationship with Trump was “maybe like a lot of women who get married and think they’re going to change their spou
- The New York Post's front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it, two Post employees said.Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article's credibility, the two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.Coming late in a heated presidential campaign, the article suggested t
- CVS is looking for pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and distribution center employees. The company said many of the new positions are temporary, but could become permanent.
The final debate could be Trump's last chance to turn the race around. And he's already attacking the moderator.Trump praised Welker in the past, complementing her in January for landing a gig on NBC's "Today" show. "They made a very wise decision," Trump said.
- European stock markets wavered Monday amid a technical glitch in Paris, but investor sentiment remained buoyed by fresh optimism over a new US stimulus package, dealers said.
Follow @FinanceUSA_News on Twitter!