- Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich., weighs in on the backlash over Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Cali., and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., hugging at the end of the Supreme Court confirmation hearing.
- Two Spanish regions, Castilla and Leon and Valencia, urged the central government on Friday to impose night-time curfews quickly to stem the coronavirus spread after authorities failed to reach a decision on such restrictions on Thursday.The regions have a high degree of autonomy and are largely responsible for responding to the pandemic but restrictions on freedom of movement, like curfews, require the intervention of the national government.With COVID-19 cases soaring this week to total over a
- Nigeria's president has urged an end to unrest sweeping the country but avoided mentioning the police shooting of unarmed demonstrators that sparked international condemnation and unleashed chaos in Africa's biggest city. Lagos has seen shootings, looted shops and a prison set ablaze since security forces this week opened fire on peaceful protesters calling for better governance and an end to police brutality in the city of 20 million. Amnesty International said Nigerian soldiers and police gunn
- Turkey's support of Azerbaijan in its conflict with Armenian separatists in Nagorno-Karabakh is loud and intensely partisan, and the tiny Armenian community in Turkey is feeling under pressure.
- President Trump's 'filthy air' remark drew both anger and introspection from Indians.
- Belgium, which has already closed cafes, bars and restaurants and imposed a night curfew, has Europe's second highest infection rate per capita after the Czech Republic.The restrictions, which also include stricter social distancing, efforts to avoid crowding on public transport and a maximum of 200 people in theatres, concert halls and cinemas, run until Nov. 19.
- Poland's government plans to limit restaurant activity to serving only takeaway food in order to contain the spread ofthe coronavirus, the cabinet's top medical adviser said on Friday, after a series of daily infection records.According to the Wirtualna Polska internet portal, the government also plans to introduce a ban on gatherings of more than five people, and to allow children to leave their homes during the day only in the company of an adult.The government's spokesman was unavailable to c
- The COVID-19 virus is spreading more quickly than during its initial outbreak in the spring, French government scientific advisor Arnaud Fontanet said on Friday, in one of the starkest warnings yet about the scale of the disease's resurgence engulfing Europe."The virus is circulating more quickly ...The resurgence of the pandemic started in August", Fontanet, an epidemiologist, told BFM TV, adding the fight against the disease would be a "marathon".France will go over that threshold this Friday,
The Lincoln Project savages Trump's debate claim that separated migrant kids are 'so well taken care of'Just minutes after President Trump declared during Thursday night's debate that migrant kids separated from their parents are "so well taken care of" inside U.S. facilities, the Lincoln Project released a searing four-second ad combining his words with the wails of children.This week, lawyers tasked with reuniting migrant kids with their families told a court they haven't been able to track down the parents of 545 children. They were separated under the Trump administration's zero-tolerance poli
- There is no known link between the seasonal dust clouds and Covid-19 but Pyongyang is on high alert.
‘He’s losing it. He’s losing it’: Watching the final election debate with staunch Trump loyalists and cardboard cutouts of presidentPresident is fighting for his political life in Florida, writes Andrew Buncombe from a debate-watching party in Daytona Beach
- Chinese tech giant Huawei, one of the biggest makers of smartphones and switching equipment, said Friday its revenue rose 9.9% in the first nine months of this year, but growth decelerated in the face of U.S. sanctions and the coronavirus pandemic.Huawei Technologies Ltd., gave no sales figure for the most recent quarter ending in September, but growth for the first three quarters was down from the 13.1% reported for the first half of the year.Huawei is struggling with U.S. sanctions that cut of
- Giuliani turned the offer down out of credibility concerns, a source familiar with the meeting tells Salon
- Police in the Australian state of Victoria said they were not conducting any further investigation into a transfer of money from the Vatican to Australia that they were alerted to by the financial crimes watchdog. Victoria Police said in a statement that the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) had made them aware of "transfer of monies from the Vatican over a period of time to Australia", but had not advised them of any suspicious activity related to the transactions. "I
- Democratic nominee appeared to do just enough more to win over the few voting blocs that mattered on Thursday night
Trump claims separated children 'well taken care of' despite government admitting they can't find hundreds of parents‘They are in facilities that are so clean,’ Mr Trump says
- President Donald Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden by substantial margins in polls. COVID-19 cases have increased by more than 30 percent in the past two weeks. A second stimulus package is being threatened by his own party, and there are only a dozen days until the election that could make him only the second Republican incumbent in more than a century not to win a second term.It was in that context that Trump sought to change the conversation at the second and final presidential deb
- The Otis report underscored the devastating impact the health crisis has had on key drivers of Southern California's entertainment economy.
- One thing is for sure: Thursday night's presidential debate was a far more civil and — dare we say — normal event than the first. Moderated by NBC's Kristen Welker, the candidates stayed more or less on topic, something the first debate's moderator, Fox News' Chris Wallace, didn't fail to notice.Asked for his response to the second and final debate, Wallace said: "First of all, I'm jealous. I would've liked to have been able to moderate that debate and get a real exchange of views in
- Following a debate question on immigration, President Trump said that the only undocumented immigrants who appear for their court dates are those with the “lowest IQ.”
Biden called Trump 'a very confused guy' during the debate when the president falsely claimed he's a far-left liberal who wants 'socialized medicine'During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Trump alleged that 180 million Americans will lose their private health insurance to Biden's plan.
Presidential debate summary: Biden lands repeated blows on conspiracy-focused Trump in final showdown'I take full responsibility,' the president said of coronavirus before adding: 'It's not my fault it came here'
A California appeals court unanimously upheld a ruling that Uber and Lyft must reclassify their drivers as employees under the state's gig work lawThe judges invoked the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg while affirming a lower court ruling requiring Uber and Lyft to reclassify drivers under AB-5.
- During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Joe responded to questions about his son Hunter Biden.
- President Trump has a miracle scenario brewing in the back of his mind.During Thursday night's presidential debate, Democratic nominee Joe Biden outlined his plan to expand the Affordable Care Act under a proposal he's coining as "BidenCare." But Trump would "like to terminate ObamaCare" and "come up with a brand new beautiful plan," which he thinks will pass Congress because the Democrats would be under "tremendous pressure." "We might even have the House by that time," Trump said, repeating th
Colorado wildfires have forced the closure of Rocky Mountain National Park. These photos show orange skies, towering smoke.The pollution may be masking the spread of COVID-19, Gov. Jared Polis warned. Meanwhile, Rocky Mountain National Park has completely closed.
- via politico.com"He's being used as a Russian pawn," Biden said.
- President Donald Trump has blamed Dr Anthony Fauci for the country’s coronavirus response at the start of the pandemic by accusing the expert of flip-flopping on his advice to Americans.The accusations came during the third presidential debate.“I get along very well with Anthony ... He said it's not going to be a problem,” Mr Trump said about the pandemic.
- A viral meme purports to show four $3 million-$7.5 million homes Biden owns. He only owns two of them, neither of which cost more than $3 million.
Trump says 'we're learning to live with' coronavirus. Biden says 'people are learning to die with it.'Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden had a powerful response to President Trump's insistence that America should learn to live with COVID-19.As he has throughout the pandemic, Trump downplayed the severity of the coronavirus during Thursday's final presidential debate. He talked about how he went to the hospital after his COVID-19 diagnosis but recovered quickly, implying that Americans can easily defeat the virus. "We're learning to live with it," Trump insisted.Biden relayed a different r
Follow @FinanceUSA_News on Twitter!