- As her health deteriorated, Virginia Garcia stopped voting. But this year was different. This year, she wanted to have a say.
- Pursuing equality in the military requires attracting the most capable people from all races and walks of life, says Air Force Maj. Gen. Ed Thomas.
- “We've got to get the attorney general to act,” the president said in a telephone interview with “Fox & Friends.” “He's got to act. And he’s got to act fast.”
- A Brazilian senator caught in a police raid hiding cash between his buttocks last week has requested a 90-day leave from the Senate, his spokesperson said on Tuesday.The senator, Chico Rodrigues, is the target of an investigation into the misuse of COVID-19 response funding in the northern state of Roraima.The senator had already been suspended from the Senate for 90 days by Supreme Court Justice Luís Roberto Barroso, who added the Senate could decide whether to make the move permanent.
- During an interview on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning, President Trump said Attorney General William Barr should open a probe into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
- Early on in the pandemic, Sweden was slammed for being reckless, even by President Trump — refusing the lockdowns adopted by its Scandinavian neighbors and keeping most everything open. But with the ascendancy of the president's coronavirus adviser, Dr. Scott Atlas, herd immunity is getting another look.
- Lawmakers from the National Assembly called on the country's government to urgently unload oil from Nabarima to avoid a spill.
- The Navy's stealth destroyer, the Zumwalt, took its MK 57 Vertical Launching System out for a spin off Point Magu, California.
Singapore Airlines is launching the new world's longest flight that will see flyers spending almost 19 hours on a plane nonstopSingapore Airlines is known for its ultra-long-haul flights with this latest addition securing the top spot on the list of the world's longest flights.
- A U.S. marshal believes they are getting closer to locating Lester Eubanks, who was convicted in the 1965 killing of a teen.
- Republican senators against the nomination of a Supreme Court justice during an election year but support Amy Coney Barrett’s appointment are a target.
- As part of our coverage of the US election and the world, the BBC's Lyse Doucet reports from Afghanistan.
- Results are closer in some battleground states, and state Republicans are banking on bigger turnout on Election Day.
Bluefin tuna migrating to UK due to climate change as government says country could be world's only sanctuary for the fishWhen surfers in Cornwall saw a huge, iridescent bluefin tuna rising from the water almost in touching distance, they screamed with delight. This sight is becoming more common in British waters due to climate change, conservationists say - and they are asking for the endangered fish to be protected. Currently, EU countries which have a bluefin tuna quota, including Spain and France, can hunt the fish in British waters due to a loophole - when the rules were created, they so rarely ventured this f
- State officials have ordered an investigation into the Virginia Military Institute following a reportin The Washington Post that described Black cadets and alumni facing “relentless racism."Gov. Ralph Northam co-wrote a letterMonday to the state-supported school's Board of Visitors expressing “deep concerns about the clear and appalling culture of ongoing structural racism" at VMI.
Heartbreak in the Magic Kingdom: Laid-off Disney workers turn to food banks as coronavirus devastates Florida tourismThe coronavirus has led to thousands of layoffs at Disney in Orlando, and devastated the local economy, reports Richard Hall
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the government was working rapidly to ensure the supply of COVID-19 vaccines to all citizens once they are available.In his address to the nation, Modi urged Indians to continue wearing masks and uphold social distancing rules to prevent further spread of the pandemic ahead of India's festive season."Whenever the corona vaccine comes, how it reaches to every Indian as soon as possible, the government is also working for that," Modi said in a sh
- Women in Pakistan came forward with allegations of sexual harassment as the MeToo movement took hold. Now, they're facing defamation lawsuits
- President Trump urged Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate alleged corruption by Joe Biden.Trump has long contended that the former vice president and his son Hunter were involved in corrupt activities in Ukraine. With just two weeks before the November elections, Trump has been stepping up his attacks on Biden as most polls give the Democratic rival a consistent lead."We've got to get the Attorney General to act," Trump told Fox and Friend
- A full 50 percent of President Trump’s supporters now believe the bizarre, false claims about an international ring of child sex traffickers at the core of the extremist conspiracy theory known as QAnon, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll — a disturbing sign of how susceptible partisans have become to bogus stories in an age of rampant polarization and unbridled social media.The survey, which was conducted from Oct. 16 to 18, shows that most registered voters (55 percent) say
- Image had planted Harris’s face onto the Hindu goddess Durga, showing Biden as her lion and Trump as a demon she slays
- The trial of Sudan's ousted president Omar al-Bashir and others over a 1989 coup heard defence arguments Tuesday dismissing charges of illegal use of military force.
Pelosi and Mnuchin are 'narrowing their differences' on a stimulus package as the deadline for a deal loomsSpeaker Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will speak again on Tuesday to see if they can come to an agreement on the stimulus deal.
- Germany has granted asylum to a Hong Kong pro-democracy activist who fled after being arrested in relation to last year’s mass protests. The 22-year-old university student, who has not been named, was held by the Chinese authorities on suspicion of rioting and faced up to ten years in prison. She is the first person to be granted asylum by Germany in connection with the democracy protests which gripped the city for much of 2019. Hong Kong police have arrested more than 10,000 people in con
- QAnon and antifa came up during the face off in the 20-candidate contest that is likely to be decided by a runoff.
- A state-owned Chinese drugmaker is setting up production lines to supply 1 billion doses of two possible coronavirus vaccines that are being tested on 50,000 people in 10 countries, the company chairman said Tuesday.Testing by SinoPharm Group is “in the last kilometer of a long march,” chairman Liu Jingzhen said at a news conference.China’s fledgling drug industry is part of a global race to produce a vaccine and has four candidates in final stages of testing.
Trump calls a reporter asking him a question 'a criminal' for not reporting on the Hunter Biden allegationsTrump has accused the Biden family of being criminals after the New York Post published unverified allegations about Hunter Biden.
4 French students have been detained after a teacher who showed cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad was beheadedThe four are suspected of helping Samuel Paty's killer identify him in exchange for cash, Agence France-Presse reported.
- Peter Madsen, who was convicted of killing Swedish journalist Kim Wall in a self-built submarine in 2017, was caught by Danish authorities on Tuesday after he briefly escaped from prison, police told Reuters.Danish police earlier said on Twitter they had arrested a man just outside the capital Copenhagen, after he had fled prison.Footage released by tabloid Ekstra Bladet showed a man resembling Peter Madsen sitting up against a fence surrounded by police forces at a distance.
- Danish submarine killer Peter Madsen has been seized by police on a street in central Copenhagen, after an audacious jail-break on Tuesday morning. The 49-year-old escaped before 10am, and was on the loose for more than two hours, although he only made it about 500m from prison before he was surrounded by police. "The arrest operation on Nyvej is over, and an arrested person has been driven away from the scene," police in Copenhagen said on Twitter shortly after 1pm. They said they would give fu
Follow @FinanceUSA_News on Twitter!