- The Shadow Home Secretary announced plans to curb the grooming of kids by gangs and tackle exploitation
- Erling Haaland has made an astonishing start to his Manchester City career (Picture: Getty)Manchester United were not among the seven clubs Erling Haaland considered signing for this summer.
The Red Devils came close to securing the services of the Norwegian goalscoring machine when he left RB Salzburg for Borussia Dortmund while he was still a largely unknown quantity approaching three years ago.
The influence of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Haaland’s coach during his formative years at Molde, f
- A third of menopausal women cite poor sleep as their most serious symptom (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Hot flashes, mood swings, shifts in appetite, vaginal dryness: these are all things we commonly associate with the menopause.But something that isn’t so talked about is just how much of an impact the menopause has on sleep.in fact, new research found that a third of menopausal women say sleep loss is their most serious symptom, with half losing five hours of sleep per night. Th
- Is ‘love in a bottle’ the answer to our dating woes? (Picture: Getty)Let’s set the scene – I’m 15 and absolutely dousing myself in So Kiss Me in the hopes of being the hottest thing in high school (spoiler: I was not).My peers are armed with cans of Impulse and Charlie in the battle to be the first involved in a teen romance.
The boys were no different. Walking past their changing room, we’re suffocated by the plumes of Lynx Africa that waft out.
- Bob Saget worked on Daniel’s Gotta Die but didn’t see the final film (Picture: Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Tribeca Festival)Bob Saget’s final film is set to premiere at Austin Film Festival later this year.The late actor and comedian – known for his roles in the likes of Full House – died aged 65 on January 9 and plays Lawrence in Daniel’s Gotta Die, but he didn’t see the movie get finished.Now, the festival has confirmed the film will be one of more t
The noise from Brazil: Arsenal’s Jesus and Tottenham’s Richarlison bring carnival to Premier League’s capital derbyNew signings Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus and Tottenham forward Richarlison (Picture: Metro)The Premier League returns this weekend with a banger; a derby between hated rivals with the added frisson of pitting first against third, high-flying Arsenal against unbeaten Tottenham – the team who pipped them to the post of Champions League qualification last spring.
But while north London bragging rights, local disputes and leadership of the domestic league are all on the line at the Emirates
- From low energy levels and cravings for carbs to a more susceptibility for weight gain and diabetes risk, the timing of your slumber is said to greatly heighten these side effects
- The Bank of England will be withdrawing legal tender status of the notes after September 30, 2022. Brits will not be able to use paper banknotes for payment from tomorrow
- The new energy price guarantee comes into force from tomorrow, putting a £2,500 "freeze" on bills for two years - but it's more complicated than it sounds, as this isn't an absolute cap on your bills
- Nicola isn’t stopping yet (Pictures: ITV)Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) has been on the warpath ever since she learned Naomi (Karene Peter) was involved in her car park attack in Emmerdale – she’s angry and she wants justice, and Charles (Kevin Mathurin) may be about to take the fall.When Nicola originally found out Naomi was part of the violent gang, she immediately took it out on Charles and Manpreet (Rebecca Sarker), threatening their livelihoods for not doing anything about the ho
- Liv’s storyline takes a dramatic turn (Picture: ITV)After finally realising that her mum Sandra (Joanne Mitchell) has been trying to ruthlessly exploit her for cash on Emmerdale, Liv (Isobel Steele) is understandably feeling a little fragile in upcoming episodes and is glad when Paddy (Dominic Brunt) persuades her to take the day off work.Scarily, though, Sandra’s accomplice Terry (Neil Bell) is waiting for her when she gets home, demanding that she retracts the statement she gave to
- She’s going to go all the way (Picture: BBC)Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) is feeling incredibly guilty in upcoming episodes of EastEnders, as he knows that Billy (Perry Fenwick) could go to prison for a very long time and he blames himself for going along with Keeble (Alison Newman)’s demands.Billy does have some hope, however, as he’s now got ace solicitor Jimmie working for him. Jimmie works for the same firm as Ritchie Scott (Sian Webber), who’s been the Mitchell fami
Cut price feasts and mystery meals – one mum shares what it’s like to live on food waste apps for a weekI decided to challenge myself and my family to eat nothing other than what we could source through the apps for an entire week (Sarah Rodrigues)With the UK in the grip of a cost of living crisis, people are desperately looking for ways to save money – especially when it comes to the weekly shop.In fact, with the Food Foundation reporting that one in five families are now struggling to put meals on the table, working out how to make our food budgets as economically effective as possible has
- Wendy wants answers! (Picture: ITV)Ken Barlow (William Roache) and Wendy Crozier’s (Roberta Kerr) relationship is a bit complicated in Coronation Street.
We know that years ago, Ken had an affair with Wendy behind Deirdre’s (Anne Kirkbride) back and broke her heart.Now, with Wendy back in the soap, they’ve decided to leave the past in the past and start their friendship again.It’s led to some lovely scenes between the pair, as they connected over the fact they had both lo
- Trevor Noah is stepping down as host of The Daily Show, he confirmed on the latest episode (Picture: Getty Images for The Recording Academy)Trevor Noah has announced he will be stepping down as host of The Daily Show after seven years at the helm.The South African television presenter and comedian joined the political satire talk show in 2015, taking over from fellow comedian Jon Stewart.Trevor had enjoyed a successful career as host of the show, his scathing and often exasperated commentary mak
- A home at 13 Wallace Street, Marrickville in Sydney is up for grabs with images of the deceased estate showing its derelict interiors and neglected furniture.
- A 30-year-old was arrested following an incident at a premises in the North West (Picture: Google)A woman has been arrested on suspicion of assault after a baby was left fighting for her life at a nursery.The seven-month-old girl was rushed to hospital after an incident inthe Manchester area last week.She became ‘critically ill’ at the Kids Around The Clock nursery in the town of Oldham.Paramedics were called to the Main Road nursery at 3.45pm on September 21 after receiving reports
- Australia Post is looking for 6,000 new permanent and casual team members in every state and territory, for a variety of roles while Amazon is also looking for 2,000 workers.
- A tenant who had warned his housing provider about unsafe conditions in his accommodation faced the prospect of losing his limbs when he caught sepsis after a garden wall collapsed on his hand
- Energy bills are rising from tomorrow, and households are flocking to give up-to-date meter readings to make sure they aren't paying more than they absolutely have to
- Northern Territory police have established a crime scene near Lee Point Beach, about 20 kilometres north of the CBD.
- 'It's a disappointing, pretty dark day actually. It's illogical and ill-informed and for me I find it distressing,' Professor Brendan Crabb told ABC on Friday.
- A heavily-tattooed bikie associate has been murdered in a daring daylight execution in a shooting believed to be linked to the outlaw motorcycle gang wars with the killer still on the run.
Heroic hurricane reporter rescues Orlando nurse by carrying her on his BACK through waist-high waterThe heroic act, captured by the journalist's camera crew, came during NBC affiliate WESH 2's live coverage of Hurricane Ian - and has since seen intrepid reporter Tony Atkins hailed as a hero.
- Bonehead has been given the ‘all clear’ (Picture: Lorne Thomson/Redferns)Former Oasis and Beady Eye star Paul ‘Bonehead’ Arthurs is cancer-free.The 56-year-old guitarist confirmed in April that he’d been diagnosed with tonsil cancer – but he’s now revealed via social media that he’s been given the ‘all clear’ by doctors.Bonehead wrote on Instagram: “Update on my cancer, I had a full scan 10 days ago, and it’s all clear, it&r
- The former television journalist whose tough questioning inspired Pauline Hanson to bite back with her immortal 'Please explain' line is set to face court on an assault charge in Queensland.
- More than 15,000 Hyundai Venue cars have been recalled over a serious technical fault.
- Veteran broadcaster David Dimbleby retired as Question Time host in 2018 but appeared on the BBC's Newscast podcast to label the Government's mini-budget 'a complete s**tstorm'
- Taking to TikTok, Annie Knight, from the Gold Coast, told her 844,000 followers that they should avoid buying a 'dodgy vape from a man on a beach' in Bali.
- Max Verstappen is on the verge of winning back-to-back F1 titles (Photo: Getty)It has been inevitable for some time, but Max Verstappen is now within touching distance of his second Formula 1 title.The Dutchman can wrap up the 2022 World Championship at this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, which gets underway on Sunday 2nd October at 1pm.As it stands, Verstappen is 116 points clear of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, and 125 points ahead of his Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez.So what exactl
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!