- Items from the barracks, which overlooked the Stelvio Pass on Mount Scorluzzo in Italy, will be displayed in a museum which is opening in 2022. Pictured: Italian troops on Mount Scorluzzo in WWI.
- Data appears to show no rise in suicide rates in 2020, but coroners are delayed and information is still emerging (Picture: Getty/Allie/Samantha Lovell)Warning: this story discusses suicide and self-harm and may be upsetting to some readersSamantha Lovell remembers the last time she spoke to her brother Chris.‘I asked him before, “You won’t do anything stupid?”,’ she says. ‘He told me “No, of course not. I wouldn’t do anything stupid”. The la
- It’s nearly time to vote (Picture: Getty)People across Britain will head to the polls on May 6, voting on several positions, including some prominent positions like the Mayor of London.Votes will also be cast for district, borough and unitary councils, county councils, and police and crime commissioners.Other areas will be voting on different referenda regarding local issues.With all that said, how can you find out who your local candidates are?Who is standing in my area in the local elect
- (Picture: Endemol Shine)This week on Home and Away, Willow (Sarah Roberts) bids the Bay farewell as she goes to Queensland to be with Alex (Zoe Ventoura). Meanwhile, Roo (Georgie Parker) comes up with an idea to save the Surf Club, but will it damage her friendship with John (Shane Withington) in the process?Elsewhere, Lewis (Luke Arnold) continues with his sinister vendetta against Christian (Ditch Davey), and it begins to go down a dark path. Plus, Mackenzie (Emily Weir) struggles with her hea
- Mason Greenwood put his team ahead against Aston Villa on Sunday (Picture: Getty Images)Alan Shearer can scarcely praise Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood highly enough, picking out his ability to get shots off quickly with either foot as the reasons he is so impressed with 19-year-old.Greenwood scored his 11th goal of the season on Sunday, putting the Red Devils ahead against Aston Villa in a game they went on to win 3-1 at Villa Park.It was his 16th goal for United and broke Wayne Roon
Meghan Markle’s experiences show racism affects every Black person, says Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne PinnockLeigh-Anne Pinnock praised Meghan Markle for speaking out about her experiences (Picture: Getty Images)Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock praised the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle for her interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year.The singer, 29, is highlighting how race has impacted her music career in a new BBC documentary Race Pop & Power.Asked about the Duchess ahead of her BBC film, Leigh-Anne told press her experiences ‘show racism doesn’t exclude you’.‘If
Alastair Campbell has made his Good Morning Britain debut, dividing viewers in the process.It was announced last month that journalist would be joining the ITV show as a guest host alongside Susanna Reid, presenting on weekdays throughout Mental Health Awareness Week.Kicking off Monday’s show, Alastair wasted no time in revealing to viewers he accidentally broke social distancing
- Boris Johnson will use a 5pm briefing at Downing Street to confirm a significant relaxation of rules from May 17, saying the success of the vaccine rollout has given him room to manoeuvre.
- Cyber security experts have taken down more scams in the last 12 months than the previous three years combined - as coronavirus and NHS-themed cons rocketed during the pandemic
- Foreign holidays, indoor pub tables and overnight stays are finally back from May 17 (Picture: Reuters)Boris Johnson is set to announce some huge changes to lockdown restrictions at a 5pm press conference today.Dozens of Covid rules are finally expected to lifted from May 17 following months of harsh rules.It’s thought Boris Johnson will ask the public to use their ‘common sense’ in their new freedoms as he unveils his plan today. But what exactly will we al
- Delays of up to an hour were caused when the person trespassed on the tracks at Westmead train station just after 4.30pm.
- For the last year and a half our lives have become almost 100% tech(picture: Metro.co.uk)Technology. It’s everywhere. Like, literally, *everywhere*.I used technology to type the words you’re reading right now. You’re probably using technology to read them.Probably on a small slab of metal and glass cradled lovingly in your palm.And for the last year and a half our lives have become almost 100% tech. I feel this in a massive way, because I tend to live a very analogue life.I don
- We have been doing it wrong all along (Picture: @lil_xxtra/TikTok)How do you put on concealer?
Do you dab a little underneath the eye, or do you bring it down your cheek and nose for a fully highlighted effect?
Well, whatever technique you have chosen in the past, chances are it was wrong.
And there is a significant possibility that it is making your eyes appear smaller and your makeup heavier.
A TikTok user known as @lil_xxtra has taken to the app to show users how to properly apply the magic m
- The Duchess of Sussex cradled her growing baby bump in the pre-recorded message (Picture: Getty Images / ABC)Meghan Markle paid a touching tribute to the late Princess Diana in her first TV appearance since her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.The Duchess of Sussex, who cradled her growing baby bump in the pre-recorded message, was wearing Diana’s £17,000 Cartier Tank watch which the princess was given by her dad for her 21st birthday.Meghan’s outfit was thought to b
- via mirror.co.ukA bootlace which was said to have been lost 14 years ago was discovered at a police station and is due to undergo forensic testing. Michael Stone's lawyers believe it could clear him of the murders of Lin and Megan Russell
- Officers found the driver had crammed two £210 Pax wardrobes into the car (Picture: SWNS)An Ikea customer was pulled over by cops on a busy motorway for blocking his car windscreen — with two flat-pack wardrobes.The dozy motorist was behind the wheel of a Hyundai when he was stopped by stunned officers on the M6 near Birmingham yesterday.Officers found the driver had crammed two £210 Pax wardrobes into the car which were obscuring more than half the windscreen.The driver told o
- The Gypsy King has slammed anyone hating on his fellow Brit (Pictures: Getty Images)Tyson Fury has praised Billy Joe Saunders despite his defeat to Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night, hitting out at any ‘haters’ criticising is fellow Brit for retiring on his stool.The super-middleweight unification title fight in Dallas was stopped after eight rounds with Saunders unable to see out of his right eye following a devastating uppercut from Canelo, with trainer Mark Tibbs calling off the bo
- Caption: Plastic jewellery is trending but is it worth the purchase?The summer 2021 fashion story is all about colour.
Lilacs, pinks, greens and strong blue hues are in, along with psychedelic prints and patterns.
It’s a season that isn’t holding back, which is refreshing as we move away from loungewear and the monochrome fashion of pre-pandemic life.
However, with this shift has come some unexpected off-shoot trends, and one of the most surprising is plastic rings.
If you ever dress
- via mirror.co.ukMum-of-three Michelle Howie, who died in a house fire in Sedgley in Dudley, West Midlands, was an "amazing mother" and a "rock" for her husband, her devastated daughter says
- Protesters hurled stones at officers from the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound as riot police moved in to quell the unrest following a weekend of clashes in the Old City that left at least 300 demonstrators.
- A man holding an Amazon delivery. (Getty)A third of Brits are racked with guilt over their growing use of online shopping giant Amazon, a poll found.They say purchasing goods on the site makes them feel guilty they are not suporting smaller companies with clear social and environmental aims.Many are also tormented by using the multi-national instead of smaller local shops and considering other options.Millions of people turned to the home delivery service during lockdowns but a huge 32 per cent
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison has vowed to keep Australia closed until 'it is safe' to open up. A prolonged fortress is set to worsen skills shortages and eventually demand for houses.
- A man has been charged with attempted murder and possessing a knife in a public place (Picture: Google)A man has been charged with attempted murder after a boy, nine, was stabbed in a random attack.The child was walking with his brother on Peveril Road, in Peterborough, at 3.24pm on Saturday, when a man attacked him and then ran away.
He was taken to Peterborough City Hospital by air ambulance, where he was treated for life-changing injuries to his face.
He has since been transferred to Addenbro
Woman who thought she couldn’t have kids finds out she’s pregnant just before surgery to remove her ovaryCaroline and Roy with their new arrival (Picture: SWNS)A woman who thought she was infertile after years of trying for a baby found out she was pregnant – just before undergoing surgery to remove her ovary.Caroline Darlington had been trying for a baby with her husband, Roy, for years – even turning to IVF to help the process. After coming off the pill, Caroline’s periods were irregular and she eventually discovered she had polycystic ovary syndrome.
Following two years of
- The Indian travel ban could remain in place while the government-run repatriation flights operate.Scott Morrison has publicly said that the ban will end on May 15 when the repatriation flights begin.
- You don’t need to board a plane for a taste of Europe (Picture: Getty)Your short-haul destination not on the Green List?
Don’t assume you’ll need to give up your holiday dreams entirely.
Instead, replicate your location’s feel with these hidden spots in the UK, that feel like they’re far abroad.
From Norfolk to Lincolnshire, these are all well worth a visit.
Here’s how to get a little taste of Europe in the UK.Cley Next The Sea, Norfolk… aka Dutch canal
- Aaron has a lump in his heed (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale’s Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) may have done some questionable things in his time over the years – but for once, he is doing the right thing when he goes and gets walloped by a bat.
By Eric Pollard (Chris Chittell) no less! And it’s all the fault of Mackenzie Boyd (Lawrence Robb) who nabbed the expensive brooch belonging to Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop).
Brenda continues to accuse Faith (Sally Dexter) of stealing her brooch, w
- Phil is seething (Picture: BBC)The last thing you want at your wedding is a raging Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) – but that’s exactly what is faced by Callum Highway (Tony Clay) faces in EastEnders on the day of the big Ballum wedding.Tonight, everyone is getting ready for the big occasion but Phil is about to discover just how much Callum betrayed the Mitchell crime family code. And you can’t possibly have a member of the family who isn’t willing to turn a blind eye to
- Will Kelly and Summer provide evidence against Corey (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street is rocked tonight by the news that Seb Franklin (Harry Visinoni) has been murdered – and as the police launch an investigation over what happened him and Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher), they want evidence and statements from the teens connected.
Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) left the scene after witnessing things getting nasty towards Nina and Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) is horrified when the tearfu
Asha Alahan (Tanisha Gorey) has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to thuggish manipulator Corey Brent (Maximus Evans) in Coronation Street.With her vulnerability and lack of self esteem, Corey has fed off of Asha’s need for love and validation and has her exactly where he wants her – to the point that she has found herself agreeing to giving an alibi for him for the night
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!