- Michelle Pollard stood on a toilet in a hostel while aggressively waving a cistern lid before biting paramedic Mark Sullivan hard enough to draw blood, Manchester Crown Court heard
- Jason Dauble, 35, walked out of Rikers Island on September 11 a day after being sentenced to two consecutive 10-month sentences for burglarizing three different Staten Island eateries
- Justin Soriano, 40, was arrested Thursday morning in connection to the fatal shooting of Shanice Young, 31, on Sunday in Harlem, New York. NYPD said he has 17 prior arrests.
- Yellowstone National Park has been setting visitor records this year. The park saw the highest August number this year with 921,844 and a record-smashing 1million in July, the most ever seen.
- The 65-year-old had fallen at his home and yet an ambulance took over 40 hours to arrive despite his doctor telling 999 workers that his condition was critical and his life was in danger
- Aaron Garcia (right), 37, of Yonkers was arrested and charged after he allegedly wielded a machete in a vicious August 15 assault in Lower Manhattan that badly wounded Miguel Solorzano, 50, of Queens.
- Frankie MacRitchie was mauled by a dog belonging to Sadie Totterdell (Picture: SWNS)A nine-year-old boy was mauled to death by a family friend’s dog after being left alone in a caravan with the animal, an inquest heard.Frankie MacRitchie, from Plymouth, suffered ‘extensive and devastating’ head and neck injuries after being attacked by the 45kg American bulldog cross Staffordshire bull terrier in April 2019.Frankie had been staying in the caravan at Tencreek Holiday Park in Loo
- Rescuers found the two children, suffering from deydration and sunburn, still clinging to their dead mum, who sacrificed herself to save their lives after a sailing trip from Venezuela to the Caribbean ended in disaster with five people still missing
- Nancy Pelosi took time out from bashing Donald Trump and warning of the rise of China on Thursday to hop aboard a punt - a flat bottomed boat - for a sightseeing trip through Cambridge, England.
- There are more sex scenes on the horizon (Picture: Netflix)Nicola Coughlan has teased that Bridgerton will be even ‘spicier’ when it returns for season 2.The 34-year-old actress plays Penelope Featherington in the hit Netflix period drama and hints that things will be lively for her character as she is unmasked as the town gossip Lady Whistledown.‘It’s got a whole lot spicier I will say,’ Nicola shared. ‘You definitely see more sides to her. We find out at the
- We must bring to an end the immoral divide between the world’s vaccine rich and vaccine poor, writes Gordon Brown, world leaders have the chance to prevent one million dying next year
- New York City will open all of its vaccination sites across the city, with extended hours, to provide New Yorkers with booster shots as the US awaits FDA approval of COVID-19 booster shots.
Celebrity MasterChef: Dion Dublin eliminated after rice disaster as he misses out on final three: ‘I’m totally gutted’Dion Dublin has been eliminated from Celebrity MasterChef (Picture: PA)Dion Dublin has been eliminated from Celebrity MasterChef after a rice disaster in the kitchen.The former footballer failed to impress judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace with his last dish, and was sent home from the competition.Megan McKenna, Joe Swash and Kadeena Cox will now be battling against each other in the final on Friday.Dion honoured his mum with the meal, and served up Calypso chicken with a red wine cashew sauc
- Pari Dukovic took a snap of the Duke of Edinburgh in 1992 with his first camera when he came to visit his home city of Istanbul - now he is photographing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle tells the Mirror of his fears for his wife's safety during a terror attack ahead of gathering of global Speakers' in his Chorley constituency
‘I’m worried!’ – Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo gives update on ‘terrible’ injury crisis ahead of Chelsea clashThe north Londoners picked up two more injuries on Thursday night (Pictures: AP / Reuters)Tottenham head coach Nuno Espirito Santo says he is ‘worried’ by the club’s current injury crisis ahead of facing Chelsea at the weekend after two more players suffered injuries in Thursday’s 2-2 draw with Rennes.The north Londoners travelled to Brittany without Son Heung-min, Eric Dier, Ryan Sessegnon and the three South American players who are still quarantining on an island in Cr
- The Australian government had been due to order 12 new diesel-electric vessels from France but ditched the £30billion deal and signed the Aukus military cooperation agreement with London and Washington
- Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle tells the Mirror about his joy at hosting counterparts in Chorley
- Chelsea are bidding to retain the Champions League under Thomas Tuchel (Pictures: Getty)Chelsea legend Petr Cech admits it will be ‘really difficult’ for Thomas Tuchel’s side to retain the Champions League, although he was buoyed by the club’s opening group-stage victory.Chelsea won Europe’s biggest football competition for the second time back in May, beating Premier League champions Manchester City 1-0 in the final.The Blues began their defence with a narrow victo
- Ben Murphy, 22, who had embarked on a journey to discover his biological family, was found hanged in the garage of his adopted parents' home, a coroner heard.
- One ballot in the country's State Duma elections, which run from September 17 to 19, features three men called Boris Vishnevsky - all with the same hair, eyes and beard
- Alina has left for good (Pictures: ITV)Alina Pop’s (Ruxandra Porojnicu) love triangle storyline with Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine) and Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) reached a conclusion in tonight’s episode of Coronation Street as Alina left Weatherfield.During last night’s edition of the ITV soap, Alina received quite a few shocks as Hope (Isabella Flanagan) apologised for starting the flat fire, and the others she had previously caused.Devastated that Tyrone had lied to her again
Ryan Thomas and Lucy Mecklenburgh bring baby Roman home from hospital after son turned blue in cot: ‘Every parent’s worst nightmare’Ryan Thomas and Lucy Mecklenburgh have returned home from hospital with son Roman (Picture: Instagram)Ryan Thomas and Lucy Mecklenburgh have returned home with their son, Roman, after a tough week in hospital.The couple revealed their baby boy, 18 months, spent a few days in intensive care after the former Towie star found him turning ‘blue’ in his cot.Speaking about going through ‘every parent’s worst nightmare’, she explained that he was put on a ventilator while
- Joy turns to devastation (Picture: BBC)It’s been a busy week in Walford and as the week draws to a close, the drama is far from over in EastEnders as Ruby Allen (Louisa Lytton) is set to face the consequences of her actions over the past few months. Viewers have had a mix of sympathy and anger towards Ruby as she has struggled to hold on to the affection of her husband Martin (James Bye), while feeling threatened by his ex (and her former BFF 4 lyf) Stacey (Lacey Turner). Things
French officials CANCEL gala dinner celebrating ties with US in protest at losing $90bn sub contractFrench officials on Thursday canceled a gala to mark ties with the U.S. amid fury at Washington's role in wrecking a $90billion submarine deal with Australia.
- Sammie-Jo Forde, 32, has left behind her dad and her two sons (Pictures: sammiejo.mcallister/Facebook)A care worker and her mother both died of coronavirus within two weeks of each other after they both decided not to get the vaccine.
Heather Maddern, 55, also a care worker, died on August 31 in Ulster Hospital near Belfast, in Northern Ireland.
Her daughter, Sammie-Jo Forde, 32, who had no underlying health conditions, died on the same ward last Saturday.Ms Forde’s dad, Kevin McAllister,
- Judge Emmett Sullivan has ordered the Biden administration to stop using Title 42, a coronavirus public health order, to expel migrants with children from the country.
- A a 10-weeks pregnant woman tried to jump from a second-floor window to escape the alleged beating inflicted by her husband before he dragged her back into their apartment in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Wednesday asked all 2.9million DoD employees to report symptoms of Havana Syndrome as part of a government effort to get to the bottom of its origins.
- Nitosha Presley's dad Damone Presley said the vehicle belonged to someone his daughter knew but did not provide any further details.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!