- Emma Rhodes admitted fraud and was jailed for five years (Pictures: BNPS)A woman who plundered more than £437,000 from her employer’s accounts to fund a new home, luxury holidays, expensive jewellery and a car has been jailed for five years.Emma Rhodes, 37, fleeced manufacturing firm Norco GRP over a two and a half year period while employed as a financial controller.She wrote bogus emails to persuade her partner she had earned £89,000 in bonuses to allay his suspicions about h
- Who will become king or queen of the castle? (Picture: Rex)It’s hard to believe, but I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’s end date is already in sight – with the series being trimmed short by two days.
The series is now set to end on Friday, December 4 – meaning we have just over a week of Gwrych Castle left to fill our evenings.
Currently, there are still 12 campmates in play, and it’s not known when the eliminations will begin or how many will be in
- Sam Smith isn’t short on plans for the future (Picture: Getty Images for Coachella)Sam Smith has opened up on their plans for a future family, explaining they either want two children or none at all.The Too Good At Goodbyes hitmaker admitted that, while they like the thought of having two children, they’re quite fond of the moment when you can give them back.‘I’d like two kids, if I want any,’ they explained. ‘I like giving them back when you look after them&h
- Nottinghamshire health boss Sarah Carter said in a council meeting that the health system was 'poised' to start giving a vaccine to members of the public from December 9, in 13 days' time.
- A pregnant woman has lost her unborn baby after a callous robber kicked her in the stomach as he snatched her iPhone while she was calling her mother.
- Noel Fielding has been replaced on this year’s Great British Bake Off special (Picture: Channel 4)Noel Fielding will not be appearing in the hotly-anticipated Great British Bake Off Christmas special.Instead, Extra Slice presenter Tom Allen will be temporarily standing in for him and will host alongside Matt Lucas, who joined the Channel 4 series this year.
After crowing Peter Sawkins the champion of the 2020 series on Tuesday, resident judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith will be returnin
- Mene Pangalos, AstraZeneca's vice president for research, defended the jab today amid criticism over its 90 per cent effectiveness figure which was based on 2,300 participants.
- Dramatic dashcam footage shows the moment £20,000-a-week Arsenal star Joe Willock lost control of his top-of-the-range Mercedes-AMG G-class and smashed into a crash barrier on the M25
- Between us we’ve got millions of old phones lying around (Credits: Getty Images)Between us, Brits have around 55 million unused mobile phones hidden away in drawers and cupboards.Those of us in London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Leeds and Manchester are the biggest tech hoarders, according to new findings.Researchers polled 2,300 adults from 20 cities to find out how many old mobile devices are in each home – and the capital came out top with more than two per household.In London alone,
- Get your hands on some of these coveted items (Picture: Getty Images)While many of us have postponed or cancelled our winter breaks this year, there are still ways to get your hands on that holiday feeling.You can even simulate your very own flight, buying memorabilia from British Airways flights including crockery and socks.The carrier is selling off a number of items of surplus stock to raise extra cash, after their parent company IAG reported a £5.1 billion loss for the first nine month
- Diego Maradona’s ‘Hand of God’ is one of the most iconic images in the history of football (Picture: Getty)Former referee Ali Nasser, who missed Diego Maradona’s infamous ‘Hand of God’ against England in the 1986 World Cup quarter-final, has paid tribute to the ‘genius’ Argentine who died aged 60 on Wednesday.Maradona leapt with England goalkeeper Peter Shilton and punched the ball into the net with his left fist to give Argentina the lead shortly
Dr Hilary Jones has revealed he won’t be spending Christmas with his children despite the lockdown rules lifting over the festive period.Speaking with Lorraine Kelly on Thursday’s instalment, Dr Hilary warned that the safest thing to do is not to see your loved ones this Christmas, despite the government’s plans to ease the guidelines for five days.‘If you really
- CCTV footage captures the moment two men steal an unattended parcel while leafleting for paving work in the Preston Park area of Brighton at around 3:30pm on November 4.
Sir David Attenborough, Joe Wicks, Sean Paul and Chanel the parrot lead Radio 1 Lockdown Awards winnersSir David Attenborough led the winners (Picture: WireImage)Sir David Attenborough, Joe Wicks, and Sean Paul are some of the stars that have led the Radio 1 Lockdown Awards winners – along with Chanel the African Grey parrot.The station has celebrated those who have kept us goingduring the coronavirus lockdowns, from keeping us fit and active to entertaining the masses.Sir David secured the win for virtual teacher of the year, beating fitness star Joe, BTS and Annie Mac to the top spot.He s
- Whenever someone asks for my business card, I’m flattered. Then I remember they only want it to laugh at my name. It all started in 2011 when Green Lantern came out. Ryan Reynolds was famous before then of course, having starred in blockbusters like The Proposal and Definitely, Maybe – but the soppy, romance stuff isn’t my cup of tea, and I hadn’t heard of him. But when the DC Comic adaptation came out, I went to the cinema to watch it after my friend
- FIFA 21 – does it have the necessary rights or not? (pic: EA)EA may be facing unexpected legal action over the use of players’ likenesses in FIFA 21, as Gareth Bale and others query the current set-up.You’d imagine, given what a behemoth FIFA is each year, that all the legal rights around licences would be sewn up pretty tight, but not according to Zlatan Ibrahimović, Gareth Bale, and seemingly many others.Milan striker Ibrahimović first began to question why his like
- Tier announcements are expected later today but an expert warned the data will be out of date (Picture: Getty)There’s a risk towns and cities across England will be put into the wrong tiers today because data being used to make decisions will already be out of date come December 2, an expert has warned. Areas will find out later which of the three tiers of Covid rules they will have to live under in the run-up to Christmas.The Government has said it will decide who is in what tier bas
- Newly-qualified Sharnie Wetton, 26, works 'exhausting' shifts at Royal Stoke University Hospital and hopes her poem will make people take coronavirus more seriously
- Kaley Cuoco and her husband Karl Cook are grieving the loss of their rescue dog Petunia (Picture: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage)The Flight Attendant star Kaley Cuoco and her husband, equestrian Karl Cook, have paid tribute to their elderly rescue dog Petunia, who died after ‘a life of untold loneliness and hardship’.Kaley, 34, and Karl, 29, are widely known as animal-lovers, with several pets in their home including a recently-adopted senior chihuahua.Earlier this year, the couple adopted
- Rishi Sunak today raised hopes of the UK and the EU agreeing a post-Brexit trade accord as he said it is 'clear what the shape of the deal looks like'.
- Victoria could become the third Australian stare or territory to ban conversion therapy if a new bill is passed.
- The Elysee hailed Maradona's contribution in 'the most geopolitical match in football history' - Argentina's 2-1 win over England in the 1986 World Cup, four years after the Falklands War.
- Craig Gibbs, 32, led police at speed down the M5 before being chased through Bridgwater town centre in Somerset. Gibbs has been jailed for 16 months after admitting array of driving offences.
- Paul Farrell, 55, of Camden, north London, allegedly targeted seven victims between 1985 and 2018 and faces charges including rape, attempted rape and sexual assault of a child under 13
- The video shows the worker ripping off chunks from the side of a building with a hammer. The men in the video wear hi vis jackets with the name of an Essex-based company on it.
- Michaela Pulova, 23, and her two young children haven’t been seen since Tuesday evening (Picture: SWNS)A frantic search has been launched for a mum who has gone missing with her two young children – including her baby son who needs urgent medical attention.Michaela Pulova, 23, was last seen with her two children, Amelya Pulova, 1, and David Puloon, four months old, at around 7.30pm on Tuesday.Police believe the family could be in Oldbury or Smethwick in Sandwell, West Midla
- The incredible property was a "labour of love" for the former owner, who lived in the house until she was well into her 90s, and worked hard to maintain its distinctive look
- The demand for online shopping has led to several major retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Argos and Superdrug spreading out their sales over a much longer period than normal
- Famous Wood has been turned away from St Matthew's Church of England Primary School in Smethwick every day and he's been told "he can't come in unless he takes (his mask) off", his dad claims
- The measures are expected to be introduced in a bid to stop overcrowding and aid social distancing on trains and in station forecourts to prevent the further spread of coronavirus.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!