Not a bad use of time at all (Picture: Lucy Tallyn/SWNS)A woman has used her spare time during lockdown to undertake DIY transformations of her house and share satisfying time-lapse videos of the work.
Lucy Tallyn, 33, has a keen eye for style and, after spending eight years working in the fashion industry before being furloughed, turned that eye toward home improvement.She shares photos and soothing time-lapse videos of the projects she undertakes with her tens of thousands of followers on Inst
- Klopp looking to lead Liverpool back to the top (Picture: Getty)Liverpool will begin their 2021/22 Premier League campaign against Norwich City on 14 August.A late resurgence ensured Jurgen Klopp’s side salvaged their season with Champions League qualification last term.
A new season will bring new hope with the Reds looking to replicate their stunning 2019-20 campaign and draw level with Manchester United’s record haul of 20 titles.Liverpool's fixtures for 2021/22 Premier League sea
- Could Ragnarok tie into the wider picture in Loki? (Picture: Marvel Studios/Disney Plus)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode 2 of Loki.Episode 2 of Loki on Disney Plus has thrown many spanners in the works, as Marvel’s God of Mischief tracks down the lethal Loki variant by using Thor: Ragnarok to figure out how they’re evading the TVA.The episode ended on a huge cliffhanger, as one of the biggest fan theories was officially confirmed with the arrival of the cunning Lady Loki (Sophia D
- Even in families that were ‘tolerant’, LGBTQ+ discussions never took place above a furtive whisper (Picture: Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)There are many cliched ways that I can describe it, but after coming out, it was as if the sun had broken through and it was shining on me. Until then, I had been living under a dark grey cloud of fear. It’s hard to understand unless you grew up 80s or 90s, but the level of shame projected onto the gay community had significant repercus
- The court hearing is nearing ever closer (Pictures: ITV)Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) vowed to save Simon Barlow (Alex Bain) in Coronation Street after he told her about the drugs ordeal he had got himself into.Since coming face to face with Harvey (Will Mellor), Leanne has dealt drugs for him, acted as a police informant and went into hiding after Harvey was arrested.Leanne has done her best to protect Simon but in one final showdown, can she have Harvey jailed after Nick (Ben Price) gets shot
- Ikea is the latest brand to pull ads from GB News (Picture: Warren Little/Getty Images)GB News’s Andrew Neil has criticised Ikea, after the furniture giant suspended advertisements on the channel.A number of companies, including Koppaberg, Grolsch, Nivea and Open University, have suspended ads on the new news channel, claiming they were unaware that their campaigns would appear on GB News.This comes amid campaigns from groups such as Stop Funding Hate, who are concerned about the political
- The all-electric ‘flying ferries’ could be in the air by 2028 (PA)Forget a five-hour ferry to cross the Channel to France, in the future you’ll be able to hop aboard an all-electric ‘Seaglider’.Each glider will shuttle 150 passengers between England and France at speeds of up to 180mph.
The fleet of battery-powered gliders are designed to ride on a cushion of air trapped between the vehicle and the water’s surface – the so-called ‘ground effect&rsq
- Footage showed BBC journalist Nicholas Watt being chased through the streets in Whitehall (Picture: Reuters/Resistance GB)A man has been charged after a journalist was confronted and chased by a group of anti-lockdown protesters in London.Martin Hockridge, 57, was charged with a public order offence on Tuesday evening.
It came after footage shared on social media showed Newsnight political editor Nicholas Watt being mobbed and physically intimidated by demonstrators during the protest in Whiteha
- Around one million people aged 21 and 22 in England will begin to be invited to come forward for their vaccine from this morning, leaving only 18 to 20 year olds yet to get the call.
- At least two people were taken to hospital with head injuries last night when a botched Greenpeace stunt before the Germany v France Euro 2020 match saw a paraglider hurtle into the stands.
Author Adiba Jaigirda didn’t realise Asian people could be queer – now she hopes her book will help other people of colour embrace who they areAdiba Jaigirdar has published a book about two queer Bangladeshi girls (Picture: Lia Carlotti)It was an MTV show that inspired Adiba Jaigirdar to write her new book, Hani And Ishu’s Guide To Fake Dating.
When watching the now-cancelled Faking It, a show in which two best friends pretend to be lesbians in an attempt to be popular, Adiba grew frustrated by the representation of queer characters on the show.
So she decided to reclaim the narrative.
‘I wanted to make this trope my own an
- Two million Australians who are on the minimum wage will see an increase thanks to a ruling by the Fair Work Commission - with full-time workers getting an $18.80 weekly bump.
- Paul Pogba has become the latest sports star to snub a Euros sponsor after he removed a bottle of Heineken from a table while speaking to reporters on Tuesday.
- Mr Neil also retweeted messages calling the decision 'pathetic virtue signaling' and accusing 'corporations making fools of themselves' after Stop Funding Hate challenged advertisers.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are back on (Picture: Getty Images)Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are back together and smitten but it’ll ‘end in tears’, according to one GB News presenter. Photos of Bennifer enjoying passionate kisses at Jen’s sister Lynda Lopez’s 50th birthday emerged this week, confirming the mounting rumours that the former couple have reconciled 17 years after they split. Jen, 51, and Ben, 48, previously began dating in 2000 and got en
- via mirror.co.ukThe consumer expert explained that while England has listed its 12 green list destinations - most countries may not allow Brits in just yet
- Cheralyn Darcey's husband took their dogs, Daisy and Lily, for a walk through Catherine Hill Bay last Wednesday, only to be woken early the next morning to the sounds of the animals convulsing.
- via mirror.co.ukCharlotte Bowcock's parents waved her off as she went for dinner on August 15 last year - and tragically never saw her alive again
- Chelsea have reportedly held talks to sign Wolfsburg star Maxence Lacroix (Picture: Getty)Wolfsburg chief Marcel Schafer says he’s confident the allure of Champions League football will convince Maxence Lacroix to stay on at the club despite ongoing speculation the defender is set for a summer move.Lacroix, 21, played a key role as Wolfsburg secured a fourth-placed finish in the Bundesliga last term, with the side boasting the second-best defensive record in the entire division.
- Police raided the home of Mostafa Baluch, 33, in Bayview in Sydney's northern beaches and allegedly found a much smaller amount of cocaine and cash - but enough to connect him a bigger plot.
- A video showed Newsnight political editor Nicholas Watt trying to evade demonstrators as they chased and hurled abuse at him near Downing Street in London on Monday.
- In a stinging criticism of the UK's education set-up, Dame Sharon White told the Times Education Commission that some 16 year olds it had hired did not have 'functional literacy' skills.
- US President Joe Biden will have a face-to-face meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday (Picture: Reuters/Getty)US President Joe Biden’s highly-anticipated meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday comes as relations between the countries are, as described by both sides, at a rock bottom.Russia has been vilified in the US on more than one occasion so far in 2021 – and blamed for not one, but two major cyberattacks that crippled vital services and i
- Average property prices in one Australian state have hit the seven-figure range for the first time ever. The Grattan Institute think tank is particularly worried about people who are still in debt by retirement age.
- Viewers have complained about the sound quality on GB News (Picture: GB News)GB News has said it’s been working hard to fix its ongoing sound issues following complaints from viewers.The new channel launched on Sunday with technical difficulties plaguing Andrew Neil’s show just minutes into its debut, with the journalist forced to salvage a chaotic interview that viewers were struggling to hear.‘Our team has been working hard to get our audio right,’ the channel’s o
- Adrian Smith was called out to an accident involving his daughter Ella (Picture: Wales News)A fireman found his daughter dead after being called to a car crash in Wales this weekend. Ella Brooke Smith, 21, was discovered by firefighter dad Adrian, 47, next to her seriously injured boyfriend, when his crew were called to the three-car pile-up which left two others injured.The trainee nurse – credited with ‘always bringing a bright ray of sunshine into our lives’ – wa
- Samuel Kasumu, in his first interview since quitting as the Prime Minister's most senior black aide, said some Conservatives believe the path to victory includes exploiting division.
- Paul Pion and his wife, Stephanie, are allegedly refusing to leave their Hamptons rental after spending $10,000 a month for the past two years to rent the property, even though their lease expired.
- Bizarre footage taken in Balclutha, New Zealand shows the pig pausing on the road before being prompted to move by the driver who edges forward, stunned to see the animal in a suburban street.
- Jurgen Klopp will be a hard act to follow at Liverpool (Picture: Getty Images)Liverpool legend John Barnes says Pep Guardiola is the ideal candidate to replace Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager, a better choice than Steven Gerrard.Klopp’s contract at Liverpool runs until 2024 and he is expected to move on when that deal comes to an end, regardless of what happens over the next three years.Rangers boss, and Reds legend, Steven Gerrard has emerged as the likely candidate to take over from th
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!