- A woman has claimed her boyfriend invited his mum to her home while she was away and let her redecorate - leaving her feeling as though her 'privacy had been violated'
- The term refers to putting on an overly-jovial persona in an attempt to be more likeable (Picture: Getty Images)Everybody loves to laugh, which gives funny people an advantage in social situations.They’re the life of the party, the sunshine on a cloudy day, and they often end up with partners who may – on the outside – be considered ‘out of their league’.
We know you can laugh someone into bed because we’ve seen it play out in our own circles, with the jokers
- Manchester United are longer in the race to sign Erling Haaland (Picture: Getty)Manchester United are no longer in the race to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland this summer. According to ESPN, the Norwegian star has his sights set on a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season, leaving United ready to switch focus to other attacking targets. The 21 year-old is expected to leave Dortmund this summer, with the €75 million release cause in his contract becoming active
- Reach for the stars (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Clever people love stars. This is scientific fact.
At Christmas, we’re reminded that three wise men followed one.
On TV, we have physics professor and national treasure Brian Cox discussing them.
In 2000, we even had pop philosophers S Club 7, who clearly possessed no knowledge of distance in light years and the limits of human anatomy, suggesting we reach for them.Enthused by the Webb Telescope and these great minds, I’m getting my stargazin
- I never thought I would have to use it – but I thought it couldn’t hurt, could it? (Picture: Joe Plumb)The saying goes that an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
In my case, I will be forever grateful that my Apple Watch brought the doctors to my door – saving my life.It was a typical lazy Sunday in November, from what I remember. I was doing the housework and getting sorted for the week ahead. It was going smoothly until the next thing I knew, I had a full team of paramed
- Dr Matthew Wilson, 31, was visiting loved ones in Atlanta, US, when someone in the apartment next door "recklessly" discharged a gun and the doctor was fatally shot in the head
- Jess Taunton, pictured, was photographing penguins in South Georgia along with her husband Chris Bray when she was an elephant seal cub came and lay across her back.
- WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES: Childminder Nickie Murtagh, 36, used sunbeds twice a week but after discovering a dry patch on her scalp she was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma, a form of skin cancer
- Local, national, and international communities have banded together to fundraise for Michelle Pillar, a livestock truckie that lost both her legs in an accident last week.
- They might look weird, but these gadgets claim to do wonders for your skin (Picture: Metro.co.uk)LED face masks are one of the latest high-tech ways to improve your skin and reduce signs of ageing.
Using light therapy, these masks claim to be able to target skin complaints from acne to inflammation.But what are they like to use – and do they actually work?We decided to put them to the test ourselves to see which masks are best.Here’s what we thought.Current Body LED MaskWear around t
- Police in Paterson found Robert Cuadra - a young man described as having a promising future despite a tough upbringing - lying on the sidewalk with a bullet to the head Wednesday evening.
- Sam White spent her childhood in an 'unstable' home and had to find a job at 14 to make ends meet - now she heads up her own £20m motor insurance claims empire
- Professor Yoon Loke, a medicine expert at Norwick Medical School, said it was time to abandon the daily Covid updates because the data was becoming 'incredibly problematic'.
- Footage from a restaurant in Liverpool shows four men leaving their table to have a cigarette before glancing back into the restaurant and walking away quickly
Machine Gun Kelly’s engagement ring for Megan Fox could actually hurt her, designer confirms: ‘There is a fine line between pleasure and pain’Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly got engaged after a year and a half together (Picture: machinegunkelly)The designer of Machine Gun Kelly’s engagement ring for Megan Fox has confirmed that it does feature thorns that could hurt the actress after the rapper insisted ‘love is pain’.MGK, who proposed to Megan this month, shared details of the incredibly unique ring, which was designed by Stephen Webster, although some fans were left unsettled when he said that ‘the bands are
Machine Gun Kelly’s engagement ring designer confirms thorns could hurt Megan Fox: ‘There is a fine line between pleasure and pain’Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly got engaged after a year and a half together (Picture: machinegunkelly)The designer of Machine Gun Kelly’s engagement ring for Megan Fox has confirmed that it does feature thorns that could hurt the actress after the rapper insisted ‘love is pain’.MGK, who proposed to Megan this month, shared details of the incredibly unique ring, which was designed by Stephen Webster, although some fans were left unsettled when he said that ‘the bands are
- Statisticians at the Office for National Statistics estimated eight per centof youngsters aged two to 11 had Covid on any given day in the week to January 15, the equivalent of one in 13.
- The 25% of Austrians who remain unvaccinated will now face huge fines (Picture: Getty)Austria is set to become the first European country to legally require most adults to be vaccinated, with fines of up to €3,600 (£3,000) for repeat offenders.The country’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to approve the Covid jab mandate on Thursday after MPs from all but one major party agreed it was necessary to tackle low vaccination rates.Exemptions will be granted to pregnant women, people
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison has praised how the government 'spruiked' the economy following the coronavirus outbreak as all business sectors report a year-on-year increase in December 2021.
- Jess Taunton, pictured, was photographing penguins in South Georgia in December 2018 along with her husband Chris Bray when she was an elephant seal cub came and lay across her back.
- Top London chef's have warned egg-lovers that they've been cooking scrambled eggs the wrong way their entire lives by adding milk, which is considered as a 'cardinal sin'
- Khelisyah Ashamu was just 26 when she died following a gastric bypass procedure at a hospital in Turkey. An inquest into the mum-of-one's death opened today
- Sebastian Alexander from Hereford, Herefordshire, said his 'luxury' trip turned into a nightmare when he arrived at the resort that looked 'like a prison camp'.
- Kylie Thomas, 34, and husband David, 39, hired Mark Jones to build their dream £13,000 extension - but their home in Stafford, West Midlands, was left a roofless wreck
- Former royal correspondent Jennie Bond says Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are very close and are leaning on each other as their dad Prince Andrew faces a legal battle
- Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi (pictured) saying he will personally vet any plans to bring back masks in classrooms is an example of Whitehall seeking to 'micromanage' schools, teachers said.
- Adele announced her residency was postponed a day before it was due to begin (Picture: Twitter)Adele fans have taken to Twitter to share their devastation for those who have spent money to travel to Las Vegas to see her residency after it was cancelled the night before it was due to begin. The singer, 33, took to Twitter on Thursday to inform fans that her Vegas residency would be postponed after delays due to Covid meant it ‘wasn’t ready’. While fans sympathised with
- Detectives and forensic officers swarmed over every corner of the white 1970s-era mobile home with an annex and a cabin on the grounds of the Riviera Ski Gardens at Lower Portland.
Martin Keown questions Mikel Arteta’s decision to ‘risk’ Thomas Partey in Arsenal’s defeat to LiverpoolThomas Partey became the 14th Arsenal player sent off during Mikel Arteta’s reign (Picture: Getty)Martin Keown has questioned Mikel Arteta’s decision to bring on Thomas Partey in Arsenal’s Carabao Cup semi-final defeat to Liverpool, arguing the substitution was ‘too much of a risk’ given the ‘game was gone’.Diogo Jota struck twice to put Liverpool out of sight in the second leg at the Emirates – a week on from the sides’ goalless draw on Mers
- via bbc.co.ukThe top US and Russian diplomats met in Geneva as fears of an invasion of Ukraine grow.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!