- via theguardian.comFormer teacher Ken Morgan’s passport was confiscated as he travelled back from funeral in Jamaica in 1994A former English teacher who was blocked for 25 years from returning to his home in Britain after his passport was wrongly confiscated has been ruled ineligible for British citizenship due to the length of his absence from the UK.Ken Morgan, 70, described the decision as a “ridiculous catch-22”, and said the sole reason he was absent for such a protracted period was because
Loose Women’s Gloria Hunniford has slammed Rita Ora’s ‘disgusting’ behaviour after she broke lockdown rules.The singer hosted a party over the weekend, with a ‘small gathering’ of friends helping her celebrate her 30th birthday at Casa Cruz restaurant in West London.Rita has since issued an apology, admitting she is ‘deeply sorry’ and &lsqu
- BBC weather presenter Jemma Cooper, who is said to have attended two anti-lockdown marches,has been taken off air with BBC colleagues told she will not be back in the office 'until further notice'.
- Houston Texans teammates Will Fuller and Bradley Roby have both been suspended for six games after violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs).
- Elizabeth Smart, 33, revealed in an Instagram post Monday that she never talked about the abuse she suffered during her nine-month captivity until she learned of her captor's charges.
- Have you lost yours? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)The coronavirus pandemic has already led to a recession, and fear of further economic consequences of lockdown is rife.Young people have found themselves among those most at risk of being the most affected by the financial implications of the pandemic, as most have not yet had a chance to build up any savings or get enough, if any, careers experience for a foothold in their preferred field.This could lead to young people being financial
- Leicester's mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said it was 'utterly crazy' that tests were laying unopened because they hadn't been sent with the barcodes needed to link them back to the people who took the test.
- An Australian soldier was photographed drinking out of the prosthetic leg at an unofficial bar known as the Fat Lady's Arms in Tarin Kowt, in the Uruzgan province of Afghanistan in 2009.
- A crowd of at least 100 patrons was photographed this past Wednesday crammed into an outdoor bar area while not wearing masks at Portobello restaurant in Oakland, New Jersey.
- Speaking amid the launch of a Netflix-style platform for nature and conservation documentaries, the Duke commented on his hopes for the future of our planet
- Brett Mendoza, 40, who owns the Caxton Arms in Brighton, East Sussex, came up with the idea as a joke while discussing what constitutes a substantial meal with another landlord last week.
- Sir Graham Brady, chair of the influential 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers tore his Covid plan to pieces - and the PM didn't stick around for more of a battering
- It looks like sorcery (Picture: Getty Images)Changing a duvet cover on your own is a notoriously tricky task, what with the weight of the duvet and all the fabric you need to work with.People often resort to the strenuous method of standing and shaking the duvet into the fresh cover, but one mum has shared a far less strenuous trick on TikTok.The TikTokker, Sophie Liard, shared the video with the simple caption: ‘I don’t know how this works but it does’ with a laughing face emo
- Hugh MacLeod, chief of Clan MacLeod, hopes to overhaul the 'lunarscape' surrounding Dunvegan Castle by planting a total of 371,875 native trees in its land.
- Jasmine Skinner, from Newcastle, wanted to do something different for her partner's Christmas present this year, but things went very, very wrong - and now he's being compared to Simon Cowell
- Mel Martin, 33, and her fiance Dylan Wadley, 23, were on their way home to Pratten in Queensland when their Land Rover crashed through a guard rail on Sunday November 22nd.
- ASOS has been working with Klarna since 2017 (Picture: Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)ASOS has become the first retailer to commit to best practice around marketing Buy Now Pay Later products such as Klarna, thanks to the the #regulateBuyNowPayLater campaign.The campaign was launched in June 2020 by Alice Tapper, the founder of Go Fund Yourself, an online platform that makes personal finance relatable and is dedicated to helping people take control of their money.It cal
- Stuart Bee, 62, said he 'thought "this is it"' after he was found 86 miles from shore off Port Canaveral on Florida's east coast on Sunday morning.He has since been pictured with his rescue crew.
- Mr Finucane's widow, Geraldine, and three children were left furious on Monday after the Government said no to an immediate probe.
- The PM and Health Secretary Matt Hancock sat with their heads hung and their arms folded as the Labour leader outlined the repeated failures in Johnson's Covid response
- Naomi was meant to stars in a Game Of Thrones prequel (Picture: HBO/Getty)Naomi Watts went all out for her role in Game Of Thrones prequel – and binged the entire series before it was unceremoniously axed. The actress was cast in the leading role for the series, which was tentatively titled Bloodmoon, but it was shelved earlier this year in favour of another spin-off, the upcoming House Of The Dragon. Australian star Naomi had already filmed the pilot for the series, and even got
- Debenhams has said it will continue to trade in its 124 shops and online with a fire sale of its stock when the national lockdown ends tomorrow, on a day being branded 'Wild Wednesday'.
- The body of Antonio Tsialas, 18, was found in the evening of Saturday October 26 inside the Fall Creek George, in a nature preserve in Ithaca, New York near the Cornell campus.
- Joe Luna, who went by the stage name of Joe El Cholo, started chronicling his fight with the virus on Instagram on November 21.
- Marie Browitt lost one of her daughters Krystal, 21, and her husband Paul to the deadly eruption which shrouded New Zealand's White Island in acidic gas and ash on December 9 of last year.
- Hannah Viverette shared the chilling moment Angel Moises Rodriguez-Gomez, 36, came in through the second-floor balcony of her Maryland apartment as she danced alone on TikTok on November 22.
David Boreanaz weighs in on whether Buffy The Vampire Slayer should have ended up with Angel or SpikeDavid Boreanaz revealed which vampire Buffy should have ended up with (Picture: REX)David Boreanaz has revealed his opinion on whether Buffy The Vampire Slayer should have ended up with Angel or Spike in the series… and unsurprisingly, he’s team Angel. The actor, 51, who played Angel opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Buffy in the hit show, is the latest star to speak out on which vampire the slayer should have ended up with. The debate began when politician and Buffy
- James Dixon, left, allegedly murdered Vincell Jackson, right, after Jackson told him off for sticking his hands in leftover food (Pictures: Chicago PD/Facebook)A party host was murdered by one of his guests after he told the visitor off for digging his bare hands into leftovers, a court heard. Vincell Jackson, 52, was stabbed nine times at his girlfriend’s home in Chicago in the early hours of Friday. Prosecutors say Jackson was killed by his guest James Dixon, 29.Jackson is said to have f
- David de Gea had to come off at half-time in Manchester United’s victory at Southampton (Picture: Getty)Manchester United head coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed David de Gea is available for the side’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain after recovering from a knee injury.De Gea clattered into the post attempting to save James Ward-Prowse’s stunning 33rd-minute free-kick as the Red Devils came from behind to beat Southampton at the weekend.Though De Gea mana
- Scott Packham, 32, climbed the iconic statue next to St James' Park on the Mall in central London on August 13.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!