Will Mellor worried Strictly Come Dancing would negatively affect his career: ‘It’s scary and it’s out of my comfort zone’Will Mellor had been hesitant to do Strictly in the past (Picture: PA)Will Mellor has admitted he previously turned down Strictly Come Dancing after fearing it would ‘affect his career in a negative way’. The actor, 46, didn’t want to take part in certain shows in the past which may have taken him out of his comfort zone, but found that his father’s death changed his outlook on things. He explained: ‘I’ve been asked to do things over the years and I&
- Joe Cole says Graham Potter needs time (Picture: Getty)Graham Potter must be given time to implement his ideas at Chelsea because the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to compete with Manchester City.That’s the view of former Blues midfielder Joe Cole, who says it could be years before the club are competing for the league title again.Potter replaced Thomas Tuchel in early September, with Chelsea opting to sack the German after a difficult start to the campaign.Despite the club&rsq
Bake Off’s Laura Adlington reveals being told to lose 14st to have a child: ‘It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through’Laura has opened up about her infertility struggles (Picture: Channel 4)Great British Bake Off star Laura Adlington has revealed she was told to lose 14stone to have a child, and has now made the decision to not have children.The 33-year-old, who was a finalist on the 2020 series, tried for a baby for three years with her husband Matt, before doctors told her to go down the IVF route, for which she would have to lose weight first.She said: ‘My husband Matt and I were really struggling with
- Police have vowed to crack down on burglary in the UK (Picture: Nottinghamshire Police / PA)Police across the UK have made a new pledge to attend every burglary that is reported to them, regardless of where it is, or what has been stolen.Crime chiefs have signed a new landmark agreement committing to make a visit to every burglary.All 43 chief constables in England and Wales have signed the deal in a bid to help solve more burglary cases.It also comes as thousands of more thieves, burglars and r
- Overwatch 2 – it’s not even been a whole day and the sequel is plagued with problems (pic: Blizzard)Blizzard Entertainment is already having to contend with server issues, bugs, and lots of frustrated players following Overwatch 2’s launch.This week marked the end of an era for Overwatch fans, with the first game shutting down and its sequel launching.Unfortunately, the shift from one game to the other has not gone smoothly. After Overwatch 2 launched, players soon found themse
- Happy cinematic birthday, Mr. Bond (Picture: Getty)You know the name, you know the number – James Bond 007 is celebrating 60 years on the big screen.That’s right, audiences across the world have been enjoying the adventures of the British spy since 1962, when Sean Connery made his debut in Dr. No.
He’s one of the most enduring film icons of all time, with Daniel Craig having made his final Bond film No Time To Die last year.
But James Bond never dies, and his cinematic legacy i
- Women have been rating their exes (Picture: Getty)Wanting to create a hub for women to share stories about their dates, one woman has decided to set up what she calls ‘Tripadvisor for exes’.Tracy Tegan, from the US, decided to set up the page after dating someone she says had an affair and stole rent money from her.The site, called the Ex Boyfriend List, reads: ‘We all have that loser ex we want to warn others about, and now you can do just that with the ex boyfriend list.&rsqu
- Brooke played Sophie Webster for 18 years (Picture: ITV)Brooke Vincent spent 18 years on the cobbles of Coronation Street as the lovable Sophie Webster, but has since revealed why the character won’t be back any time soon.Brooke left the show in 2019 after falling pregnant with her first child, who was born in October of that year. Since then, she has had a second son, both with footballer Kean Bryan.The actress has now explained that the tough schedule at Coronation Street would affect th
UK firms suffer biggest drop in activity since January 2021; Gordon Brown warns of more crises – business liveSupermarket chain says cost inflation remains significant as profits drop; as Gordon Brown urges close scrutiny of shadow bankingTesco’s fuel sales surged by over 38% in the last six months, due to rising prices and higher demand.That lifted its revenues from petrol and diesel to £4.28bn, up from just over £3bn a year earlier. Continue reading...
Russia-Ukraine war: Putin signs annexation of occupied regions into Russian law; Ukraine recaptures ‘dozens’ of towns – liveRussian President formally signs law annexing Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson as Ukrainian forces continue rapid advance in Kherson region and DonetskThe UK ministry of defence has published its daily intelligence update on the war, reporting that “Ukraine continues to make progress in offensive operations along both the north-eastern and southern fronts. In the north-east, in Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine has now consolidated a substantial area of territory east of the Oskil River.&r
Lovebirds Maisie Smith and Max George can’t control their giggles as they don matching outfits for glam night outThey seem smitten with one another (Picture: Neil Mockford/GC Images)Maisie Smith and Max George were hashtag twinning as the couple stepped out for the Hello! Inspiration Awards.The EastEnders actress, 21, and The Wanted member, 34, recently confirmed their romantic relationship after meeting Strictly Come Dancing.Maisie and Max grew closer while performing on the show’s tour and were at the centre of speculation, but now they’re certainly not shy about packing on the PDA and s
- Rosie was last seen in 2018 (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has been speaking about when she’d like to return to the ITV soap and reprise her role as Rosie Webster.
The actress, who left her role in 2018 to go on maternity leave, is often asked about when we could be seeing Rosie again.While Helen is certainly up for heading back to the cobbles, a return isn’t on the way just yet as the actress would rather wait until her youngest child, Charlie, is a ‘bit o
- Tesco has announced a range of cost busting measures, with price locks on items including Heinz Baked Beans and McCains chips plus another hourly wage increase for workers
- Ministers are looking at raising the state pension age to 68 by 2035 as Liz Truss refuses to rule out the idea - do you think the pension age should rise? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- His $6million condominium in Naples, Florida, was flooded and partially destroyed during the hurricane but Schnatter did empathize with those who had 'lost everything'.
Dad arrested for murder after trying to save Chloe Haynes - who was crushed by wardrobe - speaks outChloe Haynes, 21, was found dead in her room at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool city centre by her friend in the early hours of September 10.
Facundo Pellistri tells Erik ten Hag he is desperate for more game time at Manchester United after recovering from injuryPellistri suffered an injury playing during pre-season (Picture: Getty)Facundo Pellistri is desperate to earn some game time under Erik ten Hag as Manchester United embark on a packed run of fixtures in October.The Uruguay international was expected to leave Old Trafford on loan during the summer transfer window but an injury suffered in a friendly against Atletico Madrid shelved those plans.The 20-year-old was part of the squad that travelled to the Etihad Stadium to take on Manchester City on
- Aerospace engineer Feda Hussein, 26, was discovered 10,170ft up Mont Blanc by alpine rescue teams with his body temperature at 25c. The normal reading is 37c.
- A video on TIkTok has left viewers divided after a livid woman can be seen pouring violet shampoo and orange foundation all over her ex-partner's belongings, after finding out he was cheating on her
- Andriy Yusov, spokesman for Ukraine's military intelligence, said that 2,000 Russian soldiers have called a hotline to get information on how to surrender in just a few weeks.
- Alex McCurry, 36, posted the footage after suffering a series of bizarre encounters with people who refused to believe her daughter is hers (Picture: SWNS)A Black mum has hit out at strangers who question if she is really related to her pale-skinned daughter.Alex McCurry, 36, shared a TikTok video after suffering a series of bizarre encounters with people who refused to believe her daughter is hers.Project manager Alex, who wants to protect her four-month-old daughter’s anonymity, says the
- Steven Layne, Chantelle Lewis and Daisy Stathers are accused of the French equivalent of manslaughter by gross negligence following the death of Jessica Lawson in July 2015.
Met police didn't activate lights or sirens in unmarked car before Chris Kaba was shot, inquest toldA previous statement by Met Police said officers were in pursuit of a suspect vehicle. But an inquest has heard Chris Kaba was followed by an unmarked police car with no lights or sirens.
- The Briton, 62, leaped off from the Babadag paragliding centre in Fethiye on the popular Aegean hotspot in the Turkish riviera.
Liz Truss to warn change brings disruption in Tory conference speech as Cleverly admits mini-budget was ‘bitter medicine’ – livePrime minister due to give keynote speech in Birmingham at 11amAnd here are some more lines from James Cleverly’s morning interview round.Cleverly, the foreign secretary, said it was the obsessive media focus on the ab abolition of the 45% top rate of tax in the mini-budget that led to the government abandoning it, in a huge U-turn. He told Sky News:What you’re describing as a U-turn is the smallest element of a really big and significant support package to families, tax cut to famil
- Critics accused the Chancellor of 'flip-flopping' last night as he was set to perform a third U-turn in 24 hours over the date of his next mini-Budget.
- The Tory gathering in Birmingham has been overshadowed by the meltdown as MPs and Cabinet ministers openly traded blows over tax rates and benefits.
- Viewers have been left sick over the true crime series(Picture: Netflix)Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story has officially become one of Netflix’s most-watched series of all time.The chilling show is told through the lives of the victims who were impacted by the systemic racism and institutional failures of the police that allowed Dahmer to continue his killing spree before eventually being imprisoned in 1992.Actor Evan Peter plays the notorious serial killer in Ryan Murphy’s
American television host Megyn Kelly has ripped into the Kardashians and their ‘disgusting vanity’ branding the reality stars a ‘force for evil’.The presenter didn’t hold back her dislike of the family during a recent episode of her podcast, The Megyn Kelly Show, arguing that their ‘self-promotion’ and ‘out of control focus on oneself&rsquo
- Former NHS nurse Miranda Hughes, 46, made the incendiary remarks about the healthcare system during a live TV debate on Channel 5 on Monday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!