- Boris Johnson is set to announce his lockdown exit plan in Parliament tomorrow, with gyms, pubs and hairdressers expected to reopen under a three-tier system of coronavirus measures
- The 20-year-old is rated as one of Europe’s most exciting young talents (Picture: Getty Images)Red Bull Salzburg’s sporting director expects in-demand midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai to join a ‘big club’ next year amid interest from Arsenal – though they are not the only north London club interested.The Hungarian is regarding as one of Europe’s most exciting young midfielders and already has five goals and nine assists in 14 matches for his club this season, as
- Sir David Attenborough’s Instagram account is now inactive (Picture: PA)Sir David Attenborough’s Instagram account is now inactive after breaking world records on the social media platform on its debut.
The veteran broadcaster, 94, first set up an Instagram page at the end of September to highlight important environmental issues and urge others to help him in saving the planet.
He broke records on his debut and became the fastest account to reach 1million followers in just four hours
- Telling your family you want to spend Christmas without them can be tough (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)The news is out – Christmas isn’t cancelled after all.After a month-long lockdown in England and local tier restrictions returning from December 2, the government has announced that everyone across the UK will get a break from the ban on meeting up from December 23 to 27.During that time period, up to three households will be able to mix.But just because the rules allow it
- Christmas bubbles will be allowed for five days over the festive season (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Millions of people across the country will welcome the news of coronavirus restrictions easing over Christmas.Three households will be allowed to form an exclusive Christmas bubble for five days from December 23 to 27.The new guidance only permits Christmas bubbles to meet up outdoors, in churches and in private homes.This means you can stay over at your parents’ house on December 23,
Maisie Smith has admitted she felt ‘guilty’ about sending Max George and Caroline Quentin home when she was saved by the Strictly Come Dancing judges in two consecutive dance-offs.Last week, the Wanted singer Max found himself in the bottom two with his professional partner Dianne Buswell, going up against Maisie and her partner Gorka Márquez.A week after Max was elimi
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak set out plans this afternoon to help revive a Covid-ravaged economy as part of his Winter Spending Review (Picture: Getty Images / PA)Rishi Sunak said the UK has been forced to £394 billion this year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.The chancellor revealed the figure in his Winter Spending Review speech today, after the Cabinet was warned the true extent of the economic impact makes a ‘sobering read’.It comes as Mr Sunak announced the launch of a t
- Drawing comparisons to Denmark's mink Covid outbreak, Mark Drakeford said releasing non-native creatures into the Welsh countryside could pose a 'risk to human health'.
- Dozens of Cambridge University students have stripped down in a bid to scoop an annual 'Best Bum' competition, run by student newspaper The Tab, with a winner to be crowned at the weekend.
- Biden has been a vocal fan of Ms Ardern and her handling of the health crisis in New Zealand, and turned to her for advice after he was elected as the next US President.
- The cross-Channel rail operator claimed it is being treated unfairly after the aviation sector was given extra assistance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- A very long neck indeed (Picture: @ketama.de.galgo/SplitpicsUK)Ketama the Spanish greyhound has an incredible 25cm long neck.According to her owner Monique Morsink, the two-year-old rescue dog is a Spanish greyhound, or sighthound – a bread famous for their speed and sleek bodies to help with hunting and for racing.
Sadly, just like their English cousins, Spanish greyhounds can fall prey to human cruelty.
But thankfully Monique, 30, and her partner Martijn ten Voorde, 31, rescued Ketama an
Car spins off the road after narrowly-avoid head-on crash with driver overtaking a lorry in the rainThe dashcam clip shows a motorist as they are forced to drive off the A87 near Invergarry in the Scottish Highlands in order to avoid a head-on collision on Monday.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been pranked by a Russian duo posing as Greta Thunberg during a ten minute phone call.
- Mike and Lauren have got themselves a situation (Picture: Getty; Mike Sorrentino/Instagram)It looks like Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino has got himself a situation, in the best way possible.The Jersey Shore star has announced he is expecting his first child with wife Lauren Pesce.The 38-year-old shared the exciting news with a series of Instagram pictures, in which ‘Baby Sorrentino May 2021’ was written into flour spilled on their kitchen island.Mike and Lauren, 35, shar
- The two men, embroiled in a 2am wrestle, take no notice as one of them accidentally exposes his bottom to the entire Wawa convenience store in Lauderhill, south Florida.
- Richard Cadbury Butler made thousands importing narcotics into 1920s Britain until he was caught with a pound of cocaine stashed in a chocolate box.
- Arsenal have turned down the chance to sign Christian Eriksen in January (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have no interest in signing Christian Eriksen this winter and are reportedly prioritising a move for a centre-back instead.Eriksen, 28, has made just three starts for Inter Milan since the start of the season and the former Tottenham midfielder is looking for an escape route out of the San Siro, with Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund both monitoring the situation.And while Arsenal have been o
- Sharon Malcolm started ushering children across the road in Eastleigh, Hampshire, when her daughters started school in 1990. She loved it so much she kept going, all while wearing heels.
- John Travolta shares rare snap with son Benjamin (Picture: Instagram)John Travolta looked every inch the proud dad as he treated fans to a rare snap of him and his son Benjamin.
The actor, 66, who is famed for starring in Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, took to Instagram to celebrate his son’s birthday as Ben turned 10.
John had a huge grin on his face as he hugged his boy in a sweet moment caught on camera during Ben’s special day.
Doting dad John captioned his super
What are the Covid Christmas rules and are they the same in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?The new rules will come into effect for the Christmas period (Picture: Getty)The Government and devolved nations have confirmed that Britons will be able to see their families this Christmas – but with some restrictions.Last night, the UK’s four nations announced there will be a partial lifting of restrictions between December 23 – 27, so families can spend time together over the festive period.The decision came following a meeting between leaders from England, Scotland, Wales
- The anonymous letter told the family there would be 'hell to pay' if they deliver on their promise to put on a 'bigger and better' Christmas lights display this year
- Freight lorries queueing along the M20 in Kent waiting to access the Eurotunnel terminal in Folkestone (Picture: PA Photo)Long delays on the M20 yesterday were caused by French officials conducting Brexit border control tests at the Channel Tunnel. Queues of HGVs waiting to reach the crossing were backed up along the motorway in what some fear is a sign of things to come after the transition period ends. At one point an ambulance with flashing blue lights struggled to make it through t
- Graham Snell, pictured, went to police hours before his death to complain that Daniel Walsh had moved uninvited into his Derbyshire home and was stealing money from him.
- Female students from first through to the sixth year were told by staff that they were not allowed to wear leggings during their PE lessons as it could 'distract' teachers
- Hackney Council's transport lead Cllr Jon Burke says 'fanatics' are trashing road blocks within 24-hours of their installation. They also reportedly damaged a £17,000 traffic camera.
- Banned motorist Mark Clarke, 34, from Leeds, was hired to fill in court papers naming himself as the driver even when the guilty party caught on camera was female.
- Laura was good fun (Picture: Channel 4)Don’t you think that more competition shows would benefit from having a RuPaul’s Drag Race-style Miss Congeniality prize?Think about it; we all have those contestants we can’t help but fall in love with, even if they’re not the most technically proficient.
Think Chris Ramsey or Alex Scott on last year’s Strictly Come Dancing, or beloved mother and son Jo and Sam on Race Across The World.They’re the contestants who had par
- Only 58% of close contacts were reached in the 20 worst-hit areas since September 9 (Picture: Getty/Reuters)The government’s ‘world beating’ test and trace system has failed to reach more than 100,000 people exposed to Covid-19 in England’s worst-affected areas since the start of the second wave, figures show.The privately-run arm of the £22 billion project has reached only 58% of close contacts of infected people in the country’s 20 most badly hit areas since
James Blunt has dedicated his first book to his late friend Carrie Fisher, writing a powerful tribute in her honour.The You’re Beautiful singer’s latest project, titled How To Be A Complete and Utter Blunt: Diary of a Reluctant Social Media Sensation Hardcover, has a foreword remembering the late Star Wars legend, who was a close friend.It reads: ‘For Carrie Fisher
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!