- Parents in Bolton and Hull complained of struggling to get tests for their children who were sent home from school while others reported driving from West Sussex for two hours only to be turned away.
Prison Break star Dominic Purcell has said season six is happening.The actor took to Instagram to dispel some ‘rumours’ about himself, with the drama series, also starring Wentworth Miller, on the list.He wrote alongside a selfie: ‘Rumor number 1. I’m old. Yes. I’m 50…..Rumor number 2. I’m bald. No I have a full head of hair; the people demand I shave it.‘Rumor number 3, Will season pb 6
- The company owns Premier Inn (Picture: Getty)Up to 6,000 jobs are being cut by Whitbread, the owner of Premier Inn, amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The group said the cuts would impact 18% of the total workforce across its hotel and restaurant brands, which also includes the Beefeater pubs and Brewers Fayre chains.It is hoping a ‘significant proportion’ of the job cuts will be made through voluntary redundancy and lowered contracted hours for some staff.Whitbread said the plans come a
- Little Mix stormed through X Factor in 2011 and have never looked back (Picture: Rex)Jade Thirlwall lifted the lid on why X Factor’s ratings have drastically dropped over the last few years.The 27-year-old took part in the competition in 2011, where judges placed her in Little Mix alongside bandmates Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock – with the Black Magic singers becoming the first group to win the show.However, despite being a staple of ITV’s prime-time slate
- Vitaliy Mykolenko is considered an option for Manchester United (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United are keeping tabs on Dynamo Kiev left-back Vitaliy Mykolenko as they look to add to their options in the position.The 21-year-old has enjoyed a growing reputation in Ukraine after breaking into the Dynamo first team at just 18-years-old and already being capped eight times by his country, with AC Milan also credited with an interest in his signature.Left-back has emerged as a priority position
- As the threat level rises, new restrictions could be on the way (Picture: Reuters)The coronavirus threat level in the UK is set to be changed in the first update to the level since June.The Joint Biosecurity Centre (JBC) has recommended the alert level be raised following a surge in coronavirus cases across the UK – another 4,368 daily cases were confirmed yesterday, marking the third day that infection numbers have been above 4,000.It was last changed on Friday June 19 when it was lowered
- Megan Meredith was also left with a broken ankle and knee after being thrown from her own blue Ford Ka (Picture: Wales News Service)A woman miscarried after a ‘practical joke gone wrong’ in which her friend drove her car while she was on the bonnet.Megan Meredith was also left with a broken ankle and knee after being thrown from her own blue Ford Ka in Bargoed, Wales on March 22 last year.Ms Meredith had friends in the car when she got out to put some rubbish in the bin, and former f
- The orange dot in the top right corner means the microphone is active (Apple)Many iPhone users are noticing a small orange dot appearing at the top of their screen after updating to the most recent version of iOS.The orange dot has been added as a way to quickly tell if the microphone on your iPhone has been activated.Many apps, such as virtual assistants or recording software, will need access to your iPhone microphone in order to work. Apple seemingly understands that many users simply grant p
- Jacinda Ardern's Labour party remains in a commanding position to win next month's New Zealand election despite losing ground in a poll released on Tuesday.
- The Queensland Office of Fair Trading have issued warning about 'bitumen bandits' after they almost conned an elderly Brisbane couple.
- Messi could have joined Fabregas at Arsenal (Picture: Getty Images)Lionel Messi’s former agent, Fabian Soldini, has revealed the Barcelona icon was ‘tempted’ to follow Cesc Fabregas in moving to Arsenal back in 2003.The Gunners were interested in the Argentine while he was in Barca’s La Masia academy, but a move never materialised due to work permit issues.Fellow academy star Fabregas, however, did end up making the move to Arsenal and enjoyed a successful eight-year spel
- Brisbane man Timothy Howard McCaffrey, 45, walked free from the Supreme Court after pleading guilty tomanslaughter after pushing his dad down the stairs during an argument.
- Luis Suarez has been accused of cheating in an Italian exam (Getty Images)Luis Suarez has been accused of cheating an Italian citizenship exam before his proposed move from Barcelona to Juventus collaposed.Suarez travelled to Perugia last week in order to take a B1 Italian exam, which is a compulsory test in the process to obtain an Italian passport.Juventus wanted Suarez to secure an Italian passport so that he would classed as an EU member of the squad. The Serie A champions have already fille
ISIS Beatles CAN face trial in America: Terror suspect's mother loses latest High Court evidence bidA last gasp challenge which could have stopped the British ISIS Beatles facing justice in America has been thrown out of the High Court this morning, with a judge describing it as 'not properly arguable'
- The offensive headgear was spotted by British barrister Alexandra Wilson, who tweeted: 'This is not ok. @Amazon why is this racist hat being sold on your site? Are there no checks in place?'
- Cuties controversy made people want to watch new Netflix film(Picture: Netflix)People were reportedly drawn to watch new Netflix film Cuties because of the controversy surrounding the movie ahead of its release.
Cuties found itself accused of ‘sexualising young girls’, with some Netflix users threatening to cancel their subscription to the streaming platform and others petitioning for the coming-of-age movie to be removed.
It follows the story of an 11-year-old Senegalese girl living
- A Wetherspoons chef who went viral after sharing a behind the scenes look at what it's really like to work in the pub chain's kitchen claims he has been fired
- Russell rubbed people up the wrong way with his tweet (Picture: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for The Recording Academy)Russell Brand has been accused of being ‘condescending’ after a tweet about working class men.The 45-year-old expressed surprise at the poetic vocabulary used by two ‘working class men’ who complimented his dog Bear while out on a walk.Sharing a picture of his pet, the comedian tweeted: ‘I love Bear. He brings out the beauty in people. ‘Today
- Fabinho impressed in central defence as Liverpool beat Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Alisson has heaped praise on Fabinho after the midfielder’s ‘monster’ performance as a makeshift centre-back against Chelsea and says his fellow Brazilian deserved to win the man of the match award at Stamford Bridge.Fabinho filled in alongside Virgil van Dijk – with both Joe Gomez and Joel Matip ruled out through injury – and the 26-year-old impressed to keep the likes of Timo Werner and
- Rachel Davis and son Lyon were told they couldn’t travel unless he wore a mask (Pictures: Instagram/@rachelstarrdavis)A mum says she was kicked off a plane because her ‘overtired’ two-year-old son wouldn’t wear a face mask.Rachel Davis, from New Hampshire, United States, was attempting to fly home from North Carolina on an American Airlines flight when she was told she couldn’t stay on board unless her son, Lyon, covered his face.She said she ‘begged and plead
Sixty Seconds: Richard Armitage on his ‘tricky’ lockdown, The Hobbit and working as an estate agent before actingThe Hobbit star Richard Armitage talks about the challenges of narrating an audiobook (Picture:Rex)The Hobbit star, 49, on narrating audiobooks, dramatic memorabilia and his past as an estate agent.Had you ever provided the voice of a mouse before your current Beatrix Potter turn?No, I hadn’t – The Tale Of Two Bad Mice was my first time. That’s one of the nice things about it.Who were your favourite authors as a child?Beatrix Potter when I was little – they’re desig
- Charlotte saved over £800 on if she’d bought the one she saw online (Picture: LatestDeals)28-year-old Charlotte Greedy runs an Instagram account detailing her home improvement journey and tips, so it’s only natural she spends time looking for the newest trends and products.It was during one of her inspiration hunts that she found a front door she loved. The only problem was that it cost a whopping £850.The sage green door caught the mum-of-two’s eye, but she realise
- Gary Wilson is out of the European Masters (Picture: Getty Images)Gary Wilson and Daniel Wells have tested positive for Covid-19 and have been removed from the European Masters as a result, while Elliot Slessor and David Lilley have also withdrawn as they were in contact with Wilson on Monday.All four were due to play their first round games in Milton Keynes on Tuesday, but now must enter a period of self-isolation instead.Their opponents will all receive byes to the second round with Lilley due
- The Office for National Statistics also found that rates of death involving Covid-19 in men working in health and social care were around three times higher amongst people that caught the virus before lockdown rather than during it
Vikings star Katheryn Winnick has hyped up her latest project, The Big Sky, by sharing a brand new trailer for the show on her Instagram account.The actress has been filming the series over the past few months despite the coronavirus pandemic, seeing the 42-year-old share a number of behind the scenes pictures onto the gram.
And it appears the cast and crew have managed to pull off the p
- Rihanna’s London mansion is up for sale. Here’s how to recreate the look, without the price tag (Picture: David Fisher/REX)Faced with one of the wettest years on record, it’s no surprise that even her trusty umbrella wasn’t enough to keep Rihanna in the UK.
The singer has managed to live virtually incognito in London’s St John’s Wood for two-and-a-half years, jumping on the Tube and shopping at Boots, Jamaican markets and Sainsbury’s – her Insta sh
- The party chief sought to distance himself and the party from the divisions which led to Labour to its worst defeat for 84 years
- In a speech in Doncaster this morning the Labour leader said the party is 'under new leadership' and vowed it will 'never again' go into an election not being trusted by the public.
- Retired party planner Jane Moyle from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire is celebrating after her summerhouse triumphed in the Cuprinol Shed Of The Year 2020 awards.
- It has also been reported that ministers had also considered curbing the amount of mourners at funerals, but decided against it
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!