- Sydney based epidemiologist Mary Louise McLaws has tragically been diagnosed with a brain tumour after recently suffering from severe and repeated headaches.
- Sydney radio host Ben Fordham accused organisers of trying to protect their bank balance, pointing to the open's five-year sponsorship deal with Chinese liquor brand Luzhou Laojiao.
- It comes after MI5 accused British lawyer Christine Lee, 58, of covertly targeting politicians for the Chinese Communist Party.
- Housing Secretary Michael Gove has demanded cladding and insulation manufacturers pay to fix unsafe buildings - or face being banned from the country - to ensure they take responsibility.
- Paul Keating said suggestions by British foreign secretary Liz Truss that China could use Russia's aggression in Ukraine to launch attacks in Asia, 'are nothing short of demented'.
- Masks will be mandatory in Victoria - and 'highly recommended' in NSW - for students in Year 3 and above when the state's schools return from the summer holidays on January 31.
- Vaccines are not compulsory for NHS staff in Wales because a 'vast majority' of workers have taken up the 'protections that vaccination offers', Mark Drakeford said.
- Tens of thousands of people protesting tough Covid measures in Brussels were blasted with water cannon and tear gas as an Omicron 'tsunami' hits the country
- Investigators at National Highways found £320,000 of scrap metal was 'unaccounted for and missing' from a project on the M1 between Junctions 13 and 16, according to leaked internal documents.
- It’s time for the big day! (Picture: Peacock TV)You are cordially invited to the wedding of Paris Hilton, as the businesswoman has announced the air date for the finale of her wedding series.Paris married Carter Reum, both 40, in November in a three-day affair with multiple dresses and a star-studded guest list.In true Paris style, the entire thing was caught on camera and has been released on Peacock in a series titled Paris in Love.She’s offering viewers an insight into every aspec
- Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan on Thursday broke his promise to reopen the state's border on February 5, claiming it would be 'reckless and irresponsible'given the rise of Omicron.
- On February 21, the vaccine that might persuade some anti-vaxxers to get jabbed will be available.
- Joanna Dennehy, 39, earned the grim serial killer title after murdering three men and dumping their bodies in ditches around Peterborough. She sent dozens of letters to fellow lag Hayley Palmer
- Marcus Evans, 49, from Weston-super-Mare, was killed in a row over music during the early hours of Saturday morning in Thailand. Wassana Muanchit, 33, described him as the 'love of her life'
Evelyn Plummer (Maureen Lipman) is taking no prisoners with Bernie Winter (Jane Hazelgrove) in Coronation Street, as she implies that she will do anything to make her answer for her crimes.
Bernie becomes the subject of much discussion this week, after Hope Stape (Isabella Flanagan) suggests that she was to blame for Joseph Brown’s (William Flanagan) disappearance.
The above clip,
- A millionaire property developer who admitted he helped his terminally ill ex-wife to die in 1998 also struck his second wife on the head with a wooden mallet, it has emerged.
- For over three weeks in October 2002, warped Gulf war veteran John Muhammad and teenage accomplice Lee Malvo cowed the American capital as they shot 13 residents indiscriminately.
- It’s an emotional rollercoaster for sure (Picture: Getty / Backgrid / Netflix)After Life creator Ricky Gervais has opened up on the one scene from the Netflix series which still ‘chokes him up’ every time, after the third and final season dropped earlier this month.The actor, 60, who created and stars in the phenomenal comedy-drama, confirmed this would be the last outing of the beloved show. The devastating finale has moved many tuning in, to tears, but now Ricky revealed
- The then 15-year-old schoolboy was dared by a friend and accidentally 'froze' his nipples off in front of a crowd, before going to his next lesson
- Earlier this month, Labour lost a binding vote in the Commons to cut VAT on energy bills, which would also have seen North Sea oil and gas companies face a windfall tax on their profits
Katie Price ‘still has her sparkle’ after ‘arrest for breaching restraining order with messages to Kieran Hayler’s fiancee’Price (r) is accused of sending messages to her ex Kieran Hayler’s fiancee Michelle Pentecost (Picture: Getty; Rex)Katie Price has spoken out after reportedly being arrested for allegedly breaching her restraining order with messages to her ex-husband Kieran Hayler’s fiancee Michelle Pentecost. The former Loose Women host was said to have been taken into police custody on Friday following an arrest at a property in West Sussex.In an Instagram story on Sunday, Price shared a shor
- By July 2, 2020, the day of the FBI raid, Ghislaine Maxwell had been on the run for a year while wanted for her alleged role in disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein's child sex trafficking ring.
Gary Neville compares Hakim Ziyech to Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez after Chelsea beat TottenhamGary Neville hailed Hakim Ziyech after Chelsea beat Tottenham (Pictures: Getty/Sky Sports)Gary Neville hailed Hakim Ziyech after Chelsea’s derby victory over Tottenham and compared the Blues forward to Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez.Ziyech set Chelsea on their way to a third win over Spurs in three weeks when he curled home a superb opener at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.Blues defender Thiago Silva put the game to bed with a 55th-minute header and Tuchel subsequently said Ziyech had produc
- The measure is one of a number of possible options to tackle the cost of living crisis that the Prime Minister and Chancellor plan to discuss this week.
- A disruptive duo aboard a United Airlines flight destined for Israel quietly moved into business class despite having economy tickets and caused a 'riot' when flight attendants asked to see their tickets
- Covid-19 cases have drastically fallen in NSW and Victoria while hospitalisations have increased.
- Lying bloody and helpless after a jailhouse stabbing in 2019, Tony Mokbel must have thought he actually might die behind bars. He returns to court again on Money.
- Boris Johnson is being urged to rethink the proposed 1.25 per cent rise, which is due in April when households face a perfect storm of rising energy bills, council tax and inflation.
- Older women are often missing out on having children because their partners refuse to accept they need IVF, experts have warned, with male pride suggested as one part of the reason.
- Paul Ologbose suffered a critical head injuryA man who died after a single punch to the head at a social club near Manchester has been named as Paul Ologbose.Mr Ologbose, 57, suffered a critical head injury at a social club on Kensington Drive in Leigh just before 1.55am this morning.Greater Manchester Police said it is thought to have come after an altercation at the venue.A man in his 40s was taken to custody by officers at the scene, and he has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.Mr Ol
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!