- Football’s coming… to Qatar (Picture: Getty)The 2022 World Cup tournament is heading to Qatar in November this year.And it’s going to be hot, as the Middle Eastern city of Doha is 20°C – 30°C in November.Like booking any trip abroad, November’s not really that far away, so there is no wonder why many are already thinking about tickets.And if England are set to top their incredible Euro 2020 performance, who wouldn’t want to be among the jubilant crowd
- An amendment proposed to the Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill currently in Parliament would force universities to disclose the names of any foreign donors giving more than £50,000.
- The former mayor of Otley, in West Yorkshire, is being investigated over allegations that he faked being a decorated war hero who served in the Falklands and Northern Ireland.
- Insurance company Aviva has revealed a list of unusual but valid claims it has dealt with as it marks 325 years in business. In 1960, a payout was made after a sheep leapt through a shop window.
- Justice Secretary Dominic Raab said the programme would help tackle a backlog of more than 300,000 cases built up during the pandemic. He intends to recruit around 4,000 people.
- Police officers from the Metropolitan Police's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command have provided their accounts to Sue Gray, according to a source.
- Chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant has revealed the Omicron wave is slowing in NSW and eased concerns of parents who are 'anxious' about sending their kids to school.
- An emotional apology and vow 'not to waste my life' by Kallista Mutten, the mother of allegedly murdered nine-year-old schoolgirl Charlise, over the car accident that killed a friend has come to light.
- The U.S. said it was ordering the departure of eligible family members of staff from its embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine. The U.S. said all citizens should consider leaving due to a 'threat of military action'.
- Get set for your week! (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Well, it’s that time of week again – namely, the start. Ugh.But if you want to start the week right, then you’ve come to the right place.
Libra, this is the week for you to start doing those household chores you’ve been putting off.
And time to seek advice about that difficult financial decision, Aquarius.
Read on for a full set of forecasts.
AriesMarch 21 to April 20It’s all change as Mars, your ruler, moves into C
- Aviva has shared its most unusual insurance claims, including the 1878 case of a London hotelier who blasted himself in the eye with a champagne bottle cork
- Iconic French fashion designer Thierry Mugler, whose designs were warn by entertainment royalty from Kim Kardashian to Lady Gaga to Beyonce, is dead at the age of 73.
Dani Dyer celebrates son Santiago’s first birthday with adorable Instagram post: ‘You showed me what unconditional love is’She loves him to bits (Picture: Instagram)Dani Dyer has shared an emotional Instagram tribute to her son on his first birthday.The former Love Island star, 25, gave birth to little Santiago one year ago, and they’ve celebrated in style with a massive cake.Dani shared a series of adorable snaps with her 3.4million followers, showing the tot digging into the white cake and having such a great time that he ended up with jam all over his arms.Alongside the pics of her son’s cheeky smile,
- Gary Neville was pleased for Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford (Picture: Sky Sports)Gary Neville says Manchester United’s dramatic winner against West Ham was ‘really important’ for Marcus Rashford and the club as a whole.West Ham looked set to become the latest team to frustrate Ralf Rangnick’s side at Old Trafford but Rashford scored with virtually the last kick of the game to send United back into the top four.The last-minute win came just three days after Manc
Katie Price seen for first time after ‘arrest for breaking restraining order’ as she faces jail timeKatie Price and Carl Woods were seen out driving after the star’s arrest (Picture: GoffPhotos.com)Katie Price has been pictured for the first time since she was arrested for allegedly breaking her restraining order, with her fiance Carl Woods seen driving her around.The My Crazy Life star was spotted in the passenger seat of a car, as the pair stopped for petrol.The couple, who got engaged last year, donned casual looks, with Katie wearing a pink hoodie and jacket.
The former glamour model
Coronation Street spoilers: Katy Armstrong’s mum Linda in emotional return for grandson Joseph BrownNew spoiler pics show the pair saying goodbye at the airport (Picture: Mark Campbell/MCPIX)Coronation Street’s Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) struggled after his young son Joseph (William Flanagan) went missing, but it seems he’s about to wave goodbye to the cobbles for good in upcoming scenes.The youngster ran away from home earlier this month leaving his family in turmoil.It came after Joseph believed he would get more attention from his father Chesney who’s been busy working to p
- Mugler died on Sunday (Picture: WireImage)Fashion designer Thierry Mugler has died at the age of 73, it has been confirmed.
Mugler’s death was announced on Sunday in a post on his official Instagram account.
Alongside a black square, the message read: ‘#RIP We are devastated to announce the passing of Mr Manfred Thierry Mugler on Sunday January 23rd 2022. May his soul Rest In Peace.’
Mugler, full name Manfred Thierry Mugler, worked with countless A-listers over the course
- Kallista Mutten boasted to her friends online that she had fallen head over heels in love with 31-year-old Justin Stein before he allegedly murdered her daughter Charlise.
- Sydney radio host Ben Fordham accused organisers of trying to protect their bank balance, pointing to the open's five-year sponsorship deal with Chinese liquor brand Luzhou Laojiao.
- It comes after MI5 accused British lawyer Christine Lee, 58, of covertly targeting politicians for the Chinese Communist Party.
- Housing Secretary Michael Gove has demanded cladding and insulation manufacturers pay to fix unsafe buildings - or face being banned from the country - to ensure they take responsibility.
- Paul Keating said suggestions by British foreign secretary Liz Truss that China could use Russia's aggression in Ukraine to launch attacks in Asia, 'are nothing short of demented'.
- Masks will be mandatory in Victoria - and 'highly recommended' in NSW - for students in Year 3 and above when the state's schools return from the summer holidays on January 31.
- Vaccines are not compulsory for NHS staff in Wales because a 'vast majority' of workers have taken up the 'protections that vaccination offers', Mark Drakeford said.
- Tens of thousands of people protesting tough Covid measures in Brussels were blasted with water cannon and tear gas as an Omicron 'tsunami' hits the country
- Investigators at National Highways found £320,000 of scrap metal was 'unaccounted for and missing' from a project on the M1 between Junctions 13 and 16, according to leaked internal documents.
- It’s time for the big day! (Picture: Peacock TV)You are cordially invited to the wedding of Paris Hilton, as the businesswoman has announced the air date for the finale of her wedding series.Paris married Carter Reum, both 40, in November in a three-day affair with multiple dresses and a star-studded guest list.In true Paris style, the entire thing was caught on camera and has been released on Peacock in a series titled Paris in Love.She’s offering viewers an insight into every aspec
- Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan on Thursday broke his promise to reopen the state's border on February 5, claiming it would be 'reckless and irresponsible'given the rise of Omicron.
- On February 21, the vaccine that might persuade some anti-vaxxers to get jabbed will be available.
- Joanna Dennehy, 39, earned the grim serial killer title after murdering three men and dumping their bodies in ditches around Peterborough. She sent dozens of letters to fellow lag Hayley Palmer
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!