Travelling the globe may never be quite the same again (Picture: Getty)The nature of travelling both to and from the UK has changed dramatically in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
People in the UK are hopeful that easing of lockdown restrictions could mean a summer holiday is possible, with a travel traffic light system proposed to make international travelling easier.
For those entering the UK, there are currently rules in place that you are responsible for, including a 10-day quarantine
- via metro.co.uk
- The researchers at the University of Queensland found Australians may consume 3-4mg of plastic in an average 100g single serve of uncooked rice.
- Balconies will be recognised in the Chelsea Flower for the first time as well as 'container gardens' after lockdown. The competition will also be held in autumn.
- The British cuppa is at grave risk from climate change as Kenya, which produces half the black tea drunk in Britain, faces more floods, droughts and rising temperatures, says a report.
- When it came to average speed cameras, which record how fast a car is going between four or five points, 58 per cent approved of them on 60mph and 70mph roads in an RAC poll.
- The 33-year-old stayed at the Youth With A Mission college in Perth while charged with sexually assaulting a young woman in Newcastle on the night of the NRL Grand Final in September 2018.
- A planning bill, which is set to be included in tomorrow's Queen's Speech, will aim at expanding property ownership in areas where the Tories have recently won.
- Dr Kerry Chant revealed Monday's infection figures were 'not concerning', pointing to another day of zero transmission. But she warned that the virus could still be circulating in the community.
- Little Oscar Dunn was born at only 26 weeks and his anxious mum and dad Carly and Mark, aged 32, were told that he had just a 50% chance of survival and spent four months on a neonatal ICU
- The grisly remains were discovered along the shoreline at Pilot Bay at Tauranga, on New Zealand's North Island, on Saturday.
- Tuesday's federal budget will outline plans for when the borders, which have been closed since March 2020 due to Covid-19, can finally re-open.
- Food delivery riders are causing 'total utter anarchy' for pedestrians and drivers on Sydney's roads, the chairman of the Pedestrian Council of Australia claims.
- Australia Post has unveiled 26 new collectable coins all featuring classic Aussie icons including an Akubra hat, a koala and a pavlova. They will be on offer from Monday.
- Ally Trutwein, from Perth, was scrambling eggs when she decided to add seasoning. But she quickly became concerned when unfamiliar 'sesame-seed' sized pellets started dropping into the pan.
- The creators of the upcoming £5 million cartoon series The Prince have postponed the show's release after the Duke of Edinburgh's death on April 9 at the age of 99.
Games Inbox: Metroid Prime 4 release date estimate, Resident Evil Village length, and Hot Topic part 3via metro.co.ukWhen can you expect Metroid Prime 4? (pic: Nintendo)The Monday Inbox hears from someone else that doesn’t like Rockstar games, as one reader asks whatever happened to Tekken X Street Fighter.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Return to Metroid
I have been playing an awful lot of Returnal this last week and you can definitely put me on the team that believes it to be a top notch game. You can tell it’s special because you end up thinking about it wh
- The former Countdown presenter is among the stars waging war on rubbish after a trip to Japan for the Rugby World Cup in 2019 left a lasting impression on her.
- Fort Bragg soldier Tiara Vinson (left), 26, was arrested on Friday in connection with the shooting death of soldier Kelia Horton (right), 22, according to police in North Carolina.
- Boris Johnson has been urged yesterday not to forget the South East by the Tory council leader in Worthing as the Conservatives make gains in Labour's former heartlands in the North.
- Combined with the funds already collected by the cathedral itself, more than £1.3million has been pledged towards the £2.3million needed to complete the memorial.
- Some residents of Millennium Point and Millennium Tower in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester, say they face bankruptcy unless ministers help foot the £16million repair bill.
- Bookings to a number of countries, including Portugal, have soared after a green list of 12 countries where UK travellers can go to without quarantine was revealed
- In a discussion about racial controversies on reality TV the actress, 56, recalled how the former president's daughter, 39, told her in 2015: 'Wow, you speak very well.'
- Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers uploaded the brain teaser to their Facebook page on Sunday.
- An ex-veteran has slammed the Prime Minister for walking on a red carpet flanked by a 'guard' of Air Force members while visiting the RAAF base in Williamtown, NSW.
- Hundreds of long-distance services were partially or fully cancelled over the weekend after cracks were discovered during tests early on Saturday on the chassis area of some Hitachi Class 800 series.
- Kent Police, South East Coast Ambulance Service, Kent Fire and Rescue Service and an air ambulance rushed to the scene near Headcorn where a man was pronounced dead
- A California megamansion, the estate of LA plastic surgeon Dr. Raj Kanodia has hit the market for $99 million. The house comes with a champagne-tasting room.
- Hundreds of bikers rode through London as part of a rally campaigning for protection against prosecution for soldiers involved in the Troubles - something the Daily Mail has long called for.
- Florida now has the distinction of being the home to the most variant COVID-19 cases in the country as state health officials reported more than 11,800 cases of COVID-19 variants.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!