- Mass Effect – a video game sci-fi classic (pic: EA)Readers discuss their favourite science fiction video games, from Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic to Deus Ex.The subject for this week’s Hot Topic follows on from last week’s about fantasy games and while it allowed for licensed games it also encouraged people to also discuss their favourite franchises that are unique to video games.There were surprising omissions – nobody mentioned Halo – but also some games
- While at work and without any sort of presence of a medical professional, Katie Hirst found out via an online portal she had cervical cancer.As horrific as that diagnosis was, she never imagined she’d have to face that moment alone and unsuspecting.‘I completely broke down, and I was sobbing while saying “I don’t want to die”,’ Katie recalls.It was in 2019 that she found herself at the helm of a terrifying diagnosis after a smear test – at which point sh
- Some homeowners are seeing mortgage bills triple as lenders hike deals amid fears that the Bank of England may raise interest rates to 6 per cent next year as they face a living standards crisis.
- Jeff has been playing Cain since 2000 (Picture: ITV)Jeff Hordley has been speaking about playing Cain Dingle as Emmerdale prepares to celebrate 50 years on our screens.When it comes to Cain…well where do you even start?He’s a past criminal, father, protective of his family and will always seek revenge if someone ends up hurting someone he loves (watch your back, Al). He’s complicated and complex, just like all the other Dingles and just like the other members of his family, it
- Emma has been speaking about playing Charity ahead of Emmerdale’s anniversary (Picture: ITV)When we think of Charity Dingle (Emma Atkins) in Emmerdale, ‘chaotic’ is one of the words we’d use to describe her.
Over the years, Charity has been through a lot and when we say that, oh boy do we mean it.
From time behind bars to a very confusing and absolutely inappropriate relationship with her cousin, Cain (Jeff Hordley), Charity has made many mistakes in her very messy attemp
- Claire has been speaking about her time in the soap (Picture: ITV)It’s hard to believe Kim Tate (Claire King) in Emmerdale has been on our screens since 1989.Setting aside the breaks Kim has had from the village over the years (everyone needs time away from the Dales at some point), this iconic character has become a soap staple and yes, she will absolutely need more than one chapter to cover everything she’s been through in the Emmerdale history book!
As we gear up to celebrate 50 y
- There’s a storm coming… (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale’s 50th anniversary is fast approaching, and a storm is brewing that has the village in its path.Bosses of the ITV soap have been teasing the deadly storm for a while now, and we have finally been given a first look at the wreckage that will be left behind.‘It’s safe to say that literally the village won’t be the same after this,’ producer Kate Brooks teased, and judging by the pictures we’ve seen, sh
- Nish arrives (Pictures: BBC)There was a shock twist on EastEnders when we discovered that Ravi Gulati (Aaron Thiara) is actually the son of Nish Panesar (Navin Chowdhry), rather than Ranveer Gulati (Anil Goutam) – the man that Ravi recently killed.The revelation came about when Ravi went to visit Nish in prison. The two men discussed Kheerat (Jaz Singh Deol), and Nish assured Ravi that he would soon be out of prison and would make sure to put Kheerat in his place.In upcoming episodes Nina
- Another unmissable week awaits on the nation’s most famous street (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street left viewers stunned this week when Stephen Reid (Todd Boyce) murdered Leo Thompkins (Joe Frost), before subsequently disposing of his belongings.
The shock development was the latest of many, as the ITV soap prepares for what promises to be a truly unmissable autumn on the cobbles.
Don’t expect things to start slowing down, with shock hospitalisations and a surprise exit on the cards in
- Russian rapper Ivan Vitalievich Petunin, who went by the stage name Walkie, is believed to have committed suicide in the southern Russian city of Krasnodar to avoid being called-up to fight.
Jamie Lee Curtis reveals she told a young Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky ‘F**k you’ after being banned from swearing on setShe was banned from swearing in front of the ‘kids’ (Picture: PA/AP/Getty Images)Jamie Lee Curtis confirmed she really does throw the rulebook out the window, as she shared a hilarious story on tonight’s The Graham Norton Show.The Halloween actress was discussing the new film being released with guests Lydia West and David Tennant before she shared a story from the sets of one of her old films.Thinking that British television allows swear words, unlike American television, Jami
- Nearly 100 students walked out of Farmington High School in Minnesota on Wednesday after Assistant Principal Laura Wagner, left, asked staff to use their 'straight, white privilege.'
- Vulnerable teenagers are being bombarded with a torrent of self-harm and suicide content on TikTok within minutes of joining the platform, a Daily Mail investigation found.
- Isaiah Lee, 23, has now been arraigned on charges of attempted murder of a roommate months earlier and is being held in custody. Lee pleaded not guilty in the December 2021 stabbing.
- Henri Lansbury spent 13 years at Arsenal and now plays for Luton Town (Picture: Getty/Sky Sports)Former Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury has provided one of the most bizarre post-match interviews of all time.Lansbury spent 13 years with Arsenal, joining the youth academy in 1999 and made his debut in the 2007-08 season.He left the Emirates in 2012 after making eight appearances for the Gunners across all competitions to join Nottingham Forest in the Championship.Following spells at Aston Villa
- Ambling late to the podium in front of hundreds of ashen-faced officials, Vladimir Putin lashed out at the West's 'neo-colonial' foreign policy in a rambling speech in the Kremlin.
- Members of Hope not Hate lept into action when they heard members of a far right group were planning to kill local MP Rosie Cooper and a female police officer “within two to three days”.
- Tories yesterday said it would be 'untenable' and 'unconscionable' for ministers to go back on a promise to increase benefit payments in line with inflation next year
- The plaintiffs in the case which include the amilies of people killed as well as survivors still suffering from their wounds blame the alleged shooter's dad for s for sponsoring his son’s gun permit
It’s A Sin star Lydia West accidentally reveals Sir Elton John flew the cast out to LA ‘for a curry’ before joking: ‘And maybe an orgy’The secret’s out! (Pictures: Getty Images/PA)It’s A Sin star Lydia West shared an epic story on tonight’s return of The Graham Norton Show, before teasing that it may have been ‘confidential.’The series, which features Olly Alexander, focuses on the Aids crisis in the 1980s, and Sir Elton has previously admitted that he is a big fan of the show.Reflecting on Sir Elton fangirling over the cast of the show, Lydia recalled: ‘So my friend asked me if he could give
- Angel Kendrick's body was discovered the day after a night out, an inquest heard, as her heartbroken family say they wish she knew how beautiful she was
- Three days before he left office, President Barack Obama reflected on what caused Hillary Clinton's loss to Donald Trump, and predicted his own legacy would last.
- Australian daylight savings will see clocks go one hour forward on Sunday morning for NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, ACT and Norfolk Island
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Video captured the terrifying moment a rouge wave surged across a sidewalk in Miami and crashed into several pedestrians following the departure of disastrous Hurricane Ian.
- Paul Routledge says don't fall for more of their lies, the Conservatives are desperate to get shot of the triple lock for good
- Becky, the daughter of second-generation immigrants, was instantly labelled racist after she tried to broaden the conversation about Black Lives Matter.
- He’s back! (Pictures: ITV)Emmerdale is getting ready to celebrate its 50th anniversary, and what’s a birthday without old friends? Thankfully, Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) is set to return to the village, and is sure to bring drama in his wake.Following the news that Faith (Sally Dexter) doesn’t have long left to live, Aaron returns to be with his family.‘Originally, he comes back because he knows his gran’s not very well’ Danny revealed.
‘In the meantime
- HURRICANE IAN RECAP: Click for all the latest updates on Hurricane Ian.
- Keith Bennett is the only victim of Brady and Hindley never to be found because they took the secret to their graves. The schoolboy was last seen on June 16, 1964, when he left his family home.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!