Boris Johnson compared the rise of infections to a ‘camel’s back’ which must be flattened (Picture: PA)The Prime Minister has warned ‘tough love’ is needed to halt a second surge of coronavirus infections and to ‘protect’ Christmas.
Boris Johnson said Britons must be ‘both confident and cautious’ and said it is ‘crucial’ the country does not re-enter ‘some great lockdown again that stops business from functioning’,He s
- (Picture: BBC)Chantelle Atkins (Jessica Plummer) is tragically killed by violent husband Gray (Toby-Alexander Smith) in EastEnders tonight (September 18).
Chantelle has been attempting to escape her abuser since the BBC One soap returned to screens on September 7.
The solicitor evidently became more abusive during lockdown, and thus Chantelle orchestrated an escape plan when the restrictions were lifted.However, Gray has thwarted her escape at every opportunity, and in last night’s episode
- New laws come into force today requiring restaurants and pubs to collect details (Picture: Reuters)More than a quarter of Brits who visited hairdressers and bars and other venues this week were never asked for contact details for the test and trace system.
Figures from the Office for National Statistics show just 31% were always asked to provide their names and numbers.
Just 15% said they were very often asked and 26% said they were never. Out of those who were, 69% said they gave their details
- Phillip Schofield is said to be sharing his £9million fortune with his wife Steph (Picture: TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images)Phillip Schofield is reportedly planning to split his fortune with his wife Steph in an amicable divorce and all he wants from her is her ‘ongoing loyalty’. The This Morning star, 58, came out as gay in February, and is said to be keen to keep his divorce from his wife of 12 years as friendly as possible. A source told The Sun: ‘Phillip an
- Charlie Barnes, 31, daubed 'all lives matter' in blue paint on The Royal Air Force Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park, London, in June, after claiming her drink was spiked.
- Robert Lewandowski and Thiago were team-mates at Bayern Munich for six years (Picture: Getty)Robert Lewandowski has congratulated Thiago Alcantara ahead of his impending transfer to Liverpool and hailed his soon-to-be former team-mate as a magician.
The Spain international midfielder is on the brink of joining the Premier League champions in a deal worth around £27million and penned an emotional goodbye message to Bayern Munich fans on Friday.Thiago has spent the last seven years at Bayern
- As a man grabbed her shoulder, Danni turned quickly in response to see what he wanted.
What the bar worker from London hadn’t expected was for one of her regular customers to lunge at her, forcing a kiss on her lips. ‘As I whipped round to see who it was, he placed his hands on either side of my face and forcibly kissed me,’ she remembers. ’I felt completely humiliated, but I was also in so much shock that I had completely frozen and wasn’t in much of a positio
- Parents are wondering all sorts of things, such as can Covid symptoms in children, can they go to school if they have a cold and will schools close again
- The UK's latest Covid-19 R number has risen to 1.4 in England, meaning cases are doubling every seven days, according to data from the Covid Symptom Study. Wales and Scotland's rates both stand at 1.3, it is estimated
- Teaching assistants, caretakers, admin and catering staff say they've had no training on infection control or correct use of PPE, a new survey has found
- Two victims were treated for serious injuries (Pictures: Coventry Telegraph/BPM Media)Three men were shot last night in what police called an act of ‘outrageous violence’.Two of the victims were treated for serious injuries while a third was also taken to hospital with minor injuries following the incident in Far Gosford Street, Coventry, at around 10.15pm on Thursday.The suspected gunman is believed to have left the scene in a dark-coloured vehicle.Police are stepping up patrols in
- Shuo Dong was just 19-years-old when he murdered Qi Yu, 28, on June 8 in 2018 at their apartment in Campsie in Sydney's inner south-west.
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock pleaded with the public to 'come together to tackle this virus' as ministers consider imposing draconian restrictions for a fortnight in a bid to stop the spread.
- It is possible for animals to catch coronavirus from their owners, a new study shows (Picture: Reuters)Dogs and cats can catch coronavirus from their owners and can even come down with symptoms, a new study shows.Vet experts have warned pet owners with symptoms to stay away from their animals in case they infect them too.They added that while there is no conclusive evidence that a pet could give Covid-19 to its owner, the virus does not change between species so it is possible.Researchers in Can
- A maskless woman jumped on a counter in KFC and abused staff before threatening to stab a worker in the footage, thought to have been captured in Fresno, California.
- Hezbollah operatives have moved ammonium nitrate through Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Spain and Switzerland since 2012, the US claimed last night as it pressures Europe to ban the Iran-backed group.
- EXCLUSIVE: While we would all like to tell ourselves we would never even consider cheating, how realistic is that? The experts at Ashley Madison have put together a quiz to reveal your true feelings
Netflix’s Criminal: Kunal Nayyar gives viewers chills as he leaves Big Bang Theory behind to play sinister killerKunal Nayyar’s twisted turn in Criminal has left viewers shaken (Picture: Netflix)The Big Bang Theory’s Kunal Nayyar has left fans shaken with his sinister and dark role in Netflix’s Criminal.Kunal, who is saying goodbye to the lovable and unlucky-in-love Raj Koothrappali in the long-running US sitcom, is almost unrecognisable as the twisted killer businessman, Sandeep Singh.After being in Belmarsh prison for 10 years for someone’s murder, Sandeep is brought into the inve
- Islamic State linked insurgents burned down hotels and imposed Sharia Law on Vamizi and Mecungo in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Mozambique, which are favoured by movie stars
- Seven Greek islands were removed from England, Northern Ireland, and Wales’s quarantine-free list(Picture: Getty Images)With beautiful beaches and stunning white villages, Greece is a major holiday destination for Brits, with islands such as Kos and Zante being among the favourites.However, the ever-changing quarantine rules have jeopardised the holiday plans of many and left others confused as to whether or not they should book a break this year.
For anyone struggling to keep pace with al
- Tony Williams, 75, who lives in Alton, East Hampshire, has received so many emails they crashed his inbox and he has had 100s of phone calls from new friends around the world.
- Mayorof London confirmed that 'we simply cannot afford' to have people gathering in the capital to celebrate the new year. The event is usually attended by tens of thousands of people
A friend of serial killer Dennis Nilsen has described David Tennant’s portrayal in the ITV drama as ‘like seeing a ghost’.Andrea Kubinova first contacted the killer when he was in prison in the hopes of getting a signature from him.The pair began exchanging letters and struck up a friendship, with Kubinova going to visit him in prison.Admitting to Kate Garraway and Alex
- (Picture: Getty Images)Sadiq Khan has cancelled traditional New Year’s Eve celebrations in London as coronavirus cases soar in many parts of the country.The Mayor of London has confirmed there will be ‘no fireworks’ and ‘nothing happening’ on December 31, as the capital ‘can’t afford’ to have large crowds of people come together.He said 2021 would instead be brought in by ‘something that people can enjoy in the comfort of their living rooms&r
- Jo Malone says she feels 'humiliated,' after the brand she sold over 20 years ago cut John Boyega from the Chinese version of an advert he starred and directed in.
- The Mayor of London explained the display will not go ahead as 'we can't afford' to have large numbers of people congregating amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- A former Sydney tradie who would get drunk on his lunch breaks before going and robbing banks in disguises such as fake mustaches and sunglasses has been sentenced.
- Community support officers will ‘engage and explain’ the need for people to wear masks (Picture: AFP/Reuters/Getty)Police officers will patrol a number of supermarkets and an IKEA in Greater Manchester to ‘shame’ shoppers into wearing face coverings.Community support officers are being deployed to help crackdown on people flouting coronavirus rules.Superintendent Jane Higham told the Manchester Evening News they will be sent to ‘large retail premises’ in Tames
- Thiago and Bale are set to arrive (Picture: Getty/AFP)Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are both set to confirm big-name signings this weekend, but Ray Parlour thinks Gareth Bale will be a ‘better signing’ than Thiago Alcantara.
Bale, 31, is set to re-join Spurs on a year-long loan deal from Real Madrid, with Thiago, 29, set to link up with Jurgen Klopp at Anfield in a £25million deal from Bayern Munich.Both arrive in the Premier League as multiple Champions League winners, with
- (Picture: Endemol Shine)Home and Away actor Patrick O’Connor, who plays Dean in the Aussie soap, has recently shared a promo which aired after an Australian episode of the show this week.The trailer promises a huge week of storylines coming up on Australian time, which means there’s just a few weeks to wait for those of us in the UK. As Patrick promises ‘It’s all happening’, here’s our rundown of what to expect…https://www.instagram.com/p/CFN_nTvnE5w/
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!