- Rome's Stadio Olimpico is hosting the match between Italy and Wales, with both teams bidding to top the group and the Welsh looking to secure their place in the last-16 of the tournament.
- Another five deaths from Covid-19 have been recorded in New South Wales as the state announced a pandemic-record 262 cases of the virus overnight.
- Professor Jonathan Van-Tam appeared to drop a hint that vaccine eligibility could go further than the over-16s and may be rolled out to children as young as 12 in future
- A redress scheme announced on August 5 will see victims of the Stolen Generations from NT, ACT and Jervis Bay Territory receive compensation payments and free counselling.
- Kevin Bowen's Rozelle eatery Alegrias Spanish Tapas has been bombarded with more than a dozen one star Google reviews from obscure accounts.
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday that the sexual misconduct allegations against President Joe Biden had been 'heavily litigated.'
- Westminster Council has apologised for the botched launch of the £2million artificial hill, which closed last week after just two days. Tourists were charged up to £8 to climb the 82ft mound.
- The Burpengary man was issued with a $1378 fine after he was found at North Lakes walking outdoors. The man told officers he was on his way to take some photos with friends.
- A $1million reward has been offered to solve the mysterious disappearance of young couple Stephen Lapthorne and Michelle Pope who were last seen with their camper van 43 years ago in NSW.
- 'Thirty seven? - I'd definitely say this is an olive branch, darling'
- The UK Business Department today publishes a list of 191 companies which have underpaid workers, including some household names.
- The boy, named Cameron, was the grandson of MP Drew Hendry who says he has been left devastated by his death after he tragically passed away in his sleep
- Queensland's Thursday Covid update added 16 new cases to the latest outbreak in the state. The current lockdown, scheduled to end this Sunday, looks likely to extend into next week.
- A 39-year-old man has been charged with the murder of five-year-old Logan Mwangi who was found dead in a Welsh river.
- Highland Spring is recalling 750ml glass bottles of Sparkling Spring Water with 'use by' dates in May, June and July of 2023 after three consumers reported the bottles had 'exploded'
- A so-called 'ransomware' attack crippled the servers of the Island Education Federation on the Isle of Wight. At least one of the six schools affected has delayed the start to term.
- Those needing help to pay their bills were previously allowed to apply for a grant of $1,200 a year but this has since been bumped up in response to the latest outbreak of the Delta strain of the virus.
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's 'inclination is towards making the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory,' after President Biden told the Pentagon to look into how and when it would happen.
- via theguardian.comMcLaughlin wins 400m hurdles gold in world record timeTokyo 2020: the best images from day 12 at the OlympicsGames schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverageEmail Tom, tweet or comment below the line 1.22am BST Men’s park skateboarding: Four heats of five skaters in the prelims with the top eight overall going into the final later today. So where you finish in your heat is not that significant - you could finish fifth and still go to the final if your score is good enough. Anyway, af
- From Monday NSW will be given an extra 183,690 doses of the in-demand vaccine and Queensland will have an extra 112,320 jabs.
- Hundreds of people have been plunged into quarantine after a fly-in fly-out worker visited 11 locations while infectious for up to 16 days in Perth after returning home from a mine up north.
- The girl, two, was rushed to Birmingham Children's Hospital at 3.20pm on Wednesday. Bystanders rushed to the aid of the youngster until emergency services arrived.
Wesley Fofana provides update on horrific injury he sustained in Leicester’s pre-season clash with Villarrealvia metro.co.ukWesley Fofana suffered a horrific fibula fracture in Leicester’s friendly with Villarreal (Picture: LCFC)Leicester look set to be without Wesley Fofana for a significant period after the defender confirmed he sustained a fibula fracture in the side’s 3-2 win over Villarreal on Wednesday night.Fofana went down in a heap and appeared in serious discomfort after a reckless scissor challenge from Villarreal forward Fer Nino in the 58th minute, while the Foxes held a three-goal advantage
- via metro.co.ukIs Sony’s lead unassailable? (pic: Metro)The Thursday Inbox is unimpressed by the first hints at Street Fighter 6, as one reader looks forward to the Battlefield 2042 playtest.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Sounds like things are really working out for Sony and the PlayStation 5. Given the current levels of demand I just don’t see how the PlayStation 5 is ever going to lose the lead it’s currently got, especially as the Xbox
- Travellers returning from red list countries such as Brazil currently pay £1,750 for an 11-day hotel quarantine in the UK but ministers have now agreed to hike prices by more than 30 per cent to £2,285.
- Families typically spent nearly six hours per day bingeing on broadcast channels, streaming services and online content such as YouTube last year, research reveals.
- Alta Fixsler has no 'conscious awareness' and experiences constant pain, according to her doctors at a Manchester hospital. Her parents say their Jewish faith means they cannot turn her life support off.
- Meghan Markle, who has opted for a chic neutral palette and accessorised her space with a £1,240 Hermes throw, gave a sneak peek inside her home office as she celebrated her 40th birthday
- Victoria has recorded six new Covid-19 cases - including three mystery infections - just hours after celebrating the state's first 'doughnut day' in more than three weeks.
- Staff at food and vegetable producer SPC's factory in regional Victoria must be fully immunised by the end of November, the firm said in an Australia-first announcement on Thursday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!